Tuesday 24th Nov Fixtures

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I agree, still in midtable with playoffs in reach. Every team will have a big wobble this season due to the nature of it.

We lost 4 in a row in all comps and a week or so later with back to back wins we're looking healthier.

Don't see how changing a manager right now for a midtable side who had a good season last season will do much to change the overall fortunes of Port Vale right now.

Nobody is very good from what I have seen so far, not take a lot to put Vale in a good position.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I haven’t seen enough of Barrow to assess their strength, but the majority of the Rovers side who regained our FL status then got us into and won the L2 play-offs. I’m not convinced the gulf between NL and L2 is that vast.

Vital win against Carlisle last night. A nervy last 15 minutes aside, Rovers fairly comfortable and a quality finish from Blackett-Taylor earned us the points. Was expecting a bit more from the Cumbrians, maybe the way they set out to stifle our recent tactics, which worked well in the first half, took the edge of their normal game? Carlisle seemed a decent enough team though and some of the criticism on their forum seemed OTT
Just a bit! Had a look before. One poster genuinely calling for beech to be sacked. Absolute madness! We’re 6th.

I don’t think we set out to stifle you. I just think your midfield got on top of ours which hasn’t happened for a while. Big part of our success recently has been suffocating teams, winning the ball back high up the pitch, relentless pressure. Pretty much all the loose balls and 50/50’s were picked up/won by white shirts last night. We just couldn’t get going really.

Reactions: Boz

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I think there’s a gulf between NL and L2 and it’s got bigger in recent years.

I remember maybe 10 years ago where you got teams regularly coming up from the NL and going straight through L2 into L1. I know Tranmere did it a couple of years back but it’s no where near as common now. Most teams come up and end up mid table/bottom 8.

I also don’t think barrow will go down. Watched them the other day and they’ll have enough to be ok.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I think there’s a gulf between NL and L2 and it’s got bigger in recent years.

I remember maybe 10 years ago where you got teams regularly coming up from the NL and going straight through L2 into L1. I know Tranmere did it a couple of years back but it’s no where near as common now. Most teams come up and end up mid table/bottom 8.

I also don’t think barrow will go down. Watched them the other day and they’ll have enough to be ok.

I feel like you are right, but I think L2 has decreased in quality in recent years too. Especially this year, but it’s a let off I suppose this season.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
I feel like you are right, but I think L2 has decreased in quality in recent years too. Especially this year, but it’s a let off I suppose this season.
Bottom half L1 isnt any different to top half L2.

Theres a bigger gap these days between top NL and mid table L2.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Nobody is very good from what I have seen so far, not take a lot to put Vale in a good position.

Issue is the performances are getting worse.
4 goals in 5 games (3 in 1 which we still lost), 5 defeats and few shots on target, he’s persisting with a system that’s been found out and is being easily countered.

We actually are a point better off than this time last season but not showing signs that we can push on as we did as the season progressed.

Our reliance on Joyce has been shown up massively and the strikers he has have shown they are not really great as a lone role bar Pope who’s either been banned for Twitter, rested or isolating so far.

It needs a manager with a plan B who can change things when it’s clearly not working. Askey is stuck in his ways and the longer we wait the more damage will be done and the season will pass us by. (Or worse end up scrapping to stay up).

I want it to work for John, he’s Vale links and a top bloke (which seems to be the problem) and the memories of last season will be fondly thought off after years of dross, Crewe away, Man City away, Cheltenham and Popes 8 minute hatrick, last gasp win at Bradford etc. He gave us the club back and the pride in it but just feels he’s taken as far as he can.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bottom half L1 isnt any different to top half L2.

Theres a bigger gap these days between top NL and mid table L2.
Swindon Crewe and Northampton are currently in the bottom half of lge 1
Unless you spend the maximum allowed this pre season everyone who goes up this season will struggle.

PVFCdyl

Reaction score
Supports
Port vale
Doesn’t seem to be much support for Askey this morning. A lot of fans were backing him last week but last night was so bad and he sounded devoid of ideas. Worryingly the thought we played well second half! Until the goal out of nothing when we started battering on the door last ten minutes we did nothing!
I thought this! Absolutely disgusting that he tried to spin that interview and say he was pleased with the reaction of the second half! We were ok in the last 10 minutes but that was only due to Rodney scoring. Not good enough

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Would Evatt staying have made a big difference? Presume his identified targets to strengthen Barrow would be very different to those players who've arrived at Bolton for financial reasons?

Some merit in this viewpoint, though Norwood our stand out player from the L2 promotion season had minimal FL experience. However my view is that most sides coming up from the NL are capable of survival at L2 level. There's a much greater gulf between L2 and L1 as we found last season.
Wonders who arrived for financial Reasons???
Our top two paid players are believed to be Doyle and Sarcevic. I expect yours to be Spearing and Vaughan
Which are the better two, i would say we brought them to the club for football reasons

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think the year you won it and the proceeding 5 or 6 years then Luton too - so looking at Aldershot in 08 down to Luton in 14 were all really good (I’ll even allow Burton in there despite their post- Clough collapse). I can’t speak for the years after though Lincoln were obviously a good side.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Just a bit! Had a look before. One poster genuinely calling for beech to be sacked. Absolute madness! We’re 6th.

I don’t think we set out to stifle you. I just think your midfield got on top of ours which hasn’t happened for a while. Big part of our success recently has been suffocating teams, winning the ball back high up the pitch, relentless pressure. Pretty much all the loose balls and 50/50’s were picked up/won by white shirts last night. We just couldn’t get going really.
Someone on there was giving some of your players ratings of 1 or 2, but didn't notice any Carlisle player having a stand-out stinker. Expected a bit more from Kayode and Toure, but didn't think they had bad games. Probably Mellish your best player, with Patrick looking tricky when he came on.

It was clear you'd done your homework on us, credit to Beech and team for that. One example was letting Monthe having more time on the ball than our other defenders through an awareness his distribution was weaker. You didn't let us play our normal game, though the experience in our squad allowed us to succeed despite that.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Our top two paid players are believed to be Doyle and Sarcevic. I expect yours to be Spearing and Vaughan
Which are the better two, i would say we brought them to the club for football reasons
Could Barrow have afforded Doyle and Sarcevic? My comment was a comparison of the financial strength of Barrow and Bolton and in that context what Rovers might have spent on players is irrelevant.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Tranmere had another goal chalked off in last nights game against Carlisle. Impossible to tell whether the ball had crossed the line or not on the ifollow camera, but the net camera does seem to confirm the ball crossed the line.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Could Barrow have afforded Doyle and Sarcevic? My comment was a comparison of the financial strength of Barrow and Bolton and in that context what Rovers might have spent on players is irrelevant.
That was the point i was making.....And i do not know if Barrow could have signed either
They signed for a lge 2 team so yes they were in the pot of players available, but teams like Barrow get the left overs....the law of the Jungle.
The only way around this is open a academy and bring your own players through.....Crewe and Exeter seem to be doing this well.
Nothing will change next May for Barrow they once again will shop in the whoopsi aisle...until they have a bad season and drop out of the football league again.....even the most short sighted fan can see this

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

We could have afforded both Doyle and Sarcevic but we spent all our budget on Gavin 'The goal machine' Reilly.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Vale fans are like us. A couple of wins and The Fishy proclaims we're going up (only 9 pts off the playoffs if we win those 4 games in hand!!) and a couple of defeats and we're going back down to the The Conference.
I've noticed this in particular from the Vale fans, they're either Barcelona or Bolton - there is no in-between.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I've noticed this in particular from the Vale fans, they're either Barcelona or Bolton - there is no in-between.
To be fair this year we’ve either won or lost (1 draw) considering we drew nearly half our games last season!

So this season it is very much all or nothing from us.

Oddly had a 3 match winning run twice and a 5 match losing run so one extreme to the other!

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
The other big difference between us and the likes of Orient and Tranmere is that they got promoted with squads packed full of L2 quality players - ours was almost entirely the same team that finished mid-table in the NL the season before.

1. We literally finished in mid-table the season before with almost the exact same squad.
2. We sold our two best players and also lost our manager in the summer after getting promoted.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Our season will be decided by our next 5 games

Bolton, Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Mansfield.

All down there apart from Bolton because of recent form. Fail to get at least two wins and it's curtains.
We are 18th because we have two games in hand over most clubs (and some shitty performances); don't expect any favours from us, we only lost one league game in November and have hopefully 'turned the corner'.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Vaughan has scored 7 goals at a rate of 1 every 140 minutes. Doyle has scored 4 at a rate of 1 every 233 minutes. Sarcevic and Spearing play in different ways. Next question.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I've noticed this in particular from the Vale fans, they're either Barcelona or Bolton - there is no in-b
You are correct and if Port Vale attain the same points from now until the end of the season as Either Barcelona or Bolton they will be promoted.....On the other hand if they get the same points as Orient get between now and the end of the season.......they will be playing the same old shit again next season

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Vaughan has scored 7 goals at a rate of 1 every 140 minutes. Doyle has scored 4 at a rate of 1 every 233 minutes. Sarcevic and Spearing play in different ways. Next question.
i in 233 minutes how long are you spreading that over?????????
Doyle was brought in to get us promotion.........nothing else matters Doyle 4 league goals Vaughan 3 league goals

Micky mouse pizza cup goals are not what we want from Doyle...........we rested him

Last edited:

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
i in 233 minutes how long are you spreading that over?????????
Doyle was brought in to get us promotion.........nothing else matters Doyle 4 league goals Vaughan 3 league goals

Micky mouse pizza cup goals are not what we want from Doyle...........we rested him
Official stats and thats only league goals.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
That win against Mansfield was the easiest win you’ll get all season, even Southend will probably put up a better fight

We were by all accounts rubbish last night, I fortunately didn’t watch it. So our six game unbeaten run is over, and we still only have one win in the league, a lot of work for Clough.

Only 1 win all season. Christ didn't realise you were that bad. Have to laugh at the only team to lose to you, they must be proper shit.....oh.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Official stats and thats only league goals.
Doyle scored 4 in 11 he had a hamstring and missed 3 games....Vaughan scored 3 league goals according to his wikki page.
Sarcevic and Spearing are central midfielders..........you have jumped on this conversation i was having with Boz
It is about finances.......Doyle and Sarcevic are out top two Earners and Spearing Vaughan yours
Bolton have plenty room and money to bring in players come January.

NEXT QUESTION

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Doyle scored 4 in 11 he had a hamstring and missed 3 games....Vaughan scored 3 league goals according to his wikki page.
Sarcevic and Spearing are central midfielders..........you have jumped on this conversation i was having with Boz
It is about finances.......Doyle and Sarcevic are out top two Earners and Spearing Vaughan yours
Bolton have plenty room and money to bring in players come January.

NEXT QUESTION
Vaughan has scored 10 goals in 14 games- 7 in the league. Doyle has scored 4 goals in 13 games- 4 in the league. You cannot argue with numbers Trump. Money is no object to Bolton because debt doesn't matter to them. Build it up and wish it away is their philosphy.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Only 1 win all season. Christ didn't realise you were that bad. Have to laugh at the only team to lose to you, they must be proper shit.....oh.

To be fair I do think we are better than that, but we usually find a way (except against FGR and Sunderland) to fuck it up, mostly through players individual errors and the odd referee one too.

I think Clough will manage to steer them away from relegation but not much more this season, like last season the damage is too deep. I’ll be buzzing with mid-table lol.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Vaughan has scored 10 goals in 14 games- 7 in the league. Doyle has scored 4 goals in 13 games- 4 in the league. You cannot argue with numbers Trump. Money is no object to Bolton because debt doesn't matter to them. Build it up and wish it away is their philosphy.
Look you can say one thing me another......We have both been in Administration.......Fact
You can spin those figure however you want......League goals are all i am interested in
If i am Trump you are Nixon.......I am not repeating myself with debt and money
The simple facts are....Our wage bill is the lowest we have had in 25 years the club is more or less debt free....it will be in August of next year and our Assetts are proberbly 25m plus
A major store seems happy enough to abandon you and are quite happy to pump substantial finances into Bolton

Toodle Pip

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
To be fair I do think we are better than that, but we usually find a way (except against FGR and Sunderland) to fuck it up, mostly through players individual errors and the odd referee one too.

I think Clough will manage to steer them away from relegation but not much more this season, like last season the damage is too deep. I’ll be buzzing with mid-table lol.
Three weeks ago you was telling me Mansfield would hammer Bolton, how shit Boltons squad was to Mansfields
Superstars.........Clough was better than his dad and we were on our way out of the league.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Look you can say one thing me another......We have both been in Administration.......Fact
You can spin those figure however you want......League goals are all i am interested in
The simple facts are....Our wage bill is the lowest we have had in 25 years the club is more or less debt free....it will be in August of next year and our Assetts are proberbly 25m plus
A major store seems happy enough to abandon you and are quite happy to pump substantial finances into Bolton

Toodle Pip

Toodle Pip
A major discount store sponsored us in non league. We now get our shirts sponsored by a multinational Indian company. Bolton are getting our ex sponsors. Sloppy seconds. No amount of fantasising by you is going to alter the fact that your club is now a lower league club that caused its own problems. Nothing is also going to alter the fact that if your team performs as well on the pitch as you perform badly on here then promotion is a certainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!