Tuesday 25th October 2022 & Wednesday 26th October 2022

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
I'm starting to wonder if there has ever been a manager take a team backwards as quickly as Warne has this Derby team.

He's making Liam Rosenior look like Pep Guardiola.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Just got back. Terrible game. Derby probably edged it but finishing was poor and neither side can complain about that. Hope Blackman is OK, didn't look good.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Just got back. Terrible game. Derby probably edged it but finishing was poor and neither side can complain about that. Hope Blackman is OK, didn't look good.

I heard Derby fans singing 'Now you know how she felt' when Blackman was down injured - then saw the video of him hitting a woman at the weekend and then giving another guy an early night. Assuming this weekend?

How come more hasn't been made of that?

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
1666758677089.png

Andy70

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
We didn’t deserve to lose that tonight. Should have been out of sight in the first half and then should have scored a second a minute or two before Plymouth equalised.

Doesn’t get any easier with a trip to Fratton Park on Saturday but play like we have tonight and we’ll take something I’m sure.
...or maybe you deserved to lose because you spent most of the match falling down with imaginary injuries, wasting time, crowding round the ref and lino and generally cheating?

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Ridiculous game. Burton time wasting from the 2nd min. Win it in 97th min but we were terrible! Shocking decisions from Evatt until we conceded then he just threw all the attackers on. Papering over some cracks because the last few weeks we’ve been so bad apart from odd 10-15 min spells. We are miles off the top 2/3 in this league atm. We just need to start playing players in their best positions… I never want to see Dapo ag wing back ever again
A bit disingenuous toward us. We had a fair amount of shots on goal and possession. Time wasting is pushing it a bit.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I heard Derby fans singing 'Now you know how she felt' when Blackman was down injured - then saw the video of him hitting a woman at the weekend and then giving another guy an early night. Assuming this weekend?

How come more hasn't been made of that?
I was referring to the incident last night. Looked like his head was in contact with their strikers knee- nothing malicious but he was sparked out.

Plenty about the other incident elsewhere, we will see how that develops

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Cambridge were utter wank the last time we played them, but I’d expect a tougher showing from them this time round.

With last season being a lot more polarised between the contenders and the crapsters, this one seems to have swung completely the other way, into a soupy sludge where one win can rocket you up the table and a defeat can bring you crashing down, so it’s hard to get a fair perspective on most teams’ form.

But I’ll stick my head out and say mediocrity beckons for Cambridge, as it may well do for us. First game I can watch after being in hospital last week though…I’m gagging to see it right now, the question is, will a stay in hospital seem more tempting after watching us again? Hmm.
Glad you’re well enough to come out of hospital and hope you enjoyed the game despite the result.

We were excellent on the night. Bonner said in his post match interview that we had to roll our sleeves up when everyone writes you off, like you had.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Whilst we had a homer of a ref (for a change), if Morecambe's shot that cannoned off the bar had gone in it would have been an absolute travesty. They were actually dreadful. The only disappointing thing from a Cheltenham point of view last night was that it was only 1-0. Alfie May can not come back soon enough.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
A bit disingenuous toward us. We had a fair amount of shots on goal and possession. Time wasting is pushing it a bit.
It’s not disingenuous at all as I didn’t mention your performance. You played quite well in spells but that is the worst time wasting I’ve seen from any team in a long time at our place. Watch the game back and look at your set pieces, goal kicks etc. There’s a stat going round saying you wasted more than 6 minutes in the first half alone with all the long throws and goal kicks. Before we got the equaliser your goalkeeper took over 40 seconds on 1 goal kick, it was ridiculous.

It’s a shame because when you actually got on with it you caused us problems. For the first 60-70 mins you looked a decent side but you came to stifle us… slow the game down at every opportunity and that time wasting was all part of the tactic. 7 minutes added on with subs as well was the bare minimum.

Our selection of Dapo at wing back again was baffling and as you saw once we changed shape and brought on the attacking players we had several chances - 12 shots in the final 10/15mins. We hit the post and your goalkeeper made an unbelievable save from Bradley and a couple of others. That was the shape and set up we wanted from the start.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Ok so I'll give Shrewsbury a little more credit than the others have. Yes it was ugly, yes it was timewasting, yes it was shithousery but suck it up fellas because we'll be seeing an awful lot more of it at Home Park from away sides this season. We as a team have to learn how to beat it, and as fans have to learn not to get on our own team's back because of it.

If we were going away to a team top of the league having won 7 on the bounce at home I would expect us to do exactly the same, 90% of sides are going to come to HP saying a point would be a great result and will play for it from minute one. Unfortunately it's part of football and it isn't pretty but it is effective.

The game went much as I predicted earlier in the thread, Shrewsbury frustrated us, it was raining it was windy but we found a way to win once again without really getting into full stride - we were fortunate that Shrewsbury hit the woodwork twice in the first half, it's about all they did but that's what an away performance can often look like in this league.

How on earth the ref didn't give us a penalty second half for the foul on Mumba was mind blowing. Cracking result and comeback and the greens go marching on.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Fair enough. Can't help but feel the sooner you make that change, the better for your season.

P'boro aside, whilst you've lost the majority of games against the so called big teams in L1, looking back they're all pretty much by a goal either side. You might not be far away. What's the average age of your first team?

Its not a particularly young squad but a decent mix, you have older pro's like Pett, Worrall, Massey, Ojo but then some young loanee's and some one's we are developing like Forrester and Robinson.

Most are mid 20's.

Fans wanted the change for years but the police wouldn't allow it but the new owners have improved relations massively and after trialing it V Swindon in the play offs they've now agreed, we are doing some work as it means the away fans parking and entering through the rear end of Vale Park.

On a side note what a class club Ipswich are, usually the big clubs fans come down with a Billy Big Bollocks attitude but was none of that last night, very complimentary about us as a club, humble and no trouble at all, even debating how nice our kit's are in the shop! Incredible numbers for a Tuesday 4 hours away and deservedly got applause from the 3 home sides when their following was read out.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I wish I could say the same about Ipswich fans being gracious in defeat.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Its not a particularly young squad but a decent mix, you have older pro's like Pett, Worrall, Massey, Ojo but then some young loanee's and some one's we are developing like Forrester and Robinson.

Most are mid 20's.

Fans wanted the change for years but the police wouldn't allow it but the new owners have improved relations massively and after trialing it V Swindon in the play offs they've now agreed, we are doing some work as it means the away fans parking and entering through the rear end of Vale Park.

On a side note what a class club Ipswich are, usually the big clubs fans come down with a Billy Big Bollocks attitude but was none of that last night, very complimentary about us as a club, humble and no trouble at all, even debating how nice our kit's are in the shop! Incredible numbers for a Tuesday 4 hours away and deservedly got applause from the 3 home sides when their following was read out.
Wasn’t at the game myself, albeit did consider it despite the necessary two days off work. All of our fans have said what a great club Port Vale are too. Proper supporters. If we don’t go up, I’ll make sure i get to the game next season. Although I’m obviously hoping we get promoted instead

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
What a horrible little side Shrewsbury are. I fully understand that game plans are different, not every side will set up to match our expansive football but for a side to feign injury and waste time from minute one was such a killer for the game.

Fortunately justice was served come the end and the only football side on the pitch came out on top.

Enjoy your long, dark and wet trip home Salops.
Shrewsbury feigning injury , wasting time-- Cannot believe it.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
I think fellow fans in this division must think Steve Cotterill is the League 1 Pep Guardiola and we’ll turn up at every ground gunning for three or four goals minimum whilst playing free flowing attacking football with at least 65% possession every week.

For all our time wasting last night you must all be thinking how many minutes were added, right? Was it eight minutes? Nine? TEN!?!? Nope. Four (4) minutes. Football fans do love to over exaggerate a lot we all know that!

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
gutted to lose in what was a great game to watch, ipswich just had the tiny bit of extra quality in when it mattered.

i can't quite believe we've got one point from ipswich, portsmouth, bolton and sheff wed at home, but does go to show how far we've come and how close we are to be able to largely match 4 of the top 6 teams in the league at home.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
I think fellow fans in this division must think Steve Cotterill is the League 1 Pep Guardiola and we’ll turn up at every ground gunning for three or four goals minimum whilst playing free flowing attacking football with at least 65% possession every week.

For all our time wasting last night you must all be thinking how many minutes were added, right? Was it eight minutes? Nine? TEN!?!? Nope. Four (4) minutes. Football fans do love to over exaggerate a lot we all know that!
I think the entire ground was shocked it was so little.

Perhaps the referee decided that as Shrewsbury were the ones doing it throughout the game and then it came to the end of the 90 and you were losing that you didn’t deserve to gain that time back. I think that’s a rule I could get behind actually.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Another excellent result for us last night and a very well taken goal from Mandroiu as well.

Looking at the highlights, we should have had another goal or two really, didn't look like Barnsley threatened at all for all their possession.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle

Nobody expects you to not play to your strengths but when the only intention is to basically cheat then thats where things turn sour. Expecting the Ref to add on the correct amount of time for timewasting is a fart in the wind as well, did you see his performance last night :ffs:

By the way there was 9 minutes added on, 5 in the first half and 4 in the second, sort of proves your own point

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Good result for FGR, very disappointing for Fleetwood, another b... draw. Missed the match so will rely on my mates to give me their thoughts.We simply cannot score goals and unless that can be resolved it's going to be a very long season. Accy at the weekend who are conceding goals like a sieve, they have nothing to fear.....

I thought it was a pretty decent game actually, both sides had chances but we probably missed the biggest to win it towards the end. As is often the case we got worse in the second half especially after making subs and your equaliser came as no surprise. Thought you’d go on to win it as you were on top at that point but we got back in it for the last 10. Ref was poor, but nothing unusual there.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Another excellent result for us last night and a very well taken goal from Mandroiu as well.

Looking at the highlights, we should have had another goal or two really, didn't look like Barnsley threatened at all for all their possession.
They really didnt. Their main threat was from crosses, but mostly overhit or claimed by Rushworth. Think there was one shot second half he had to dive for.

As Barnsley were pushing up, we had a number of chances.

Great result and evening. My throat hurts a bit today!

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
I thought it was a pretty decent game actually, both sides had chances but we probably missed the biggest to win it towards the end. As is often the case we got worse in the second half especially after making subs and your equaliser came as no surprise. Thought you’d go on to win it as you were on top at that point but we got back in it for the last 10. Ref was poor, but nothing unusual there.
Fair reporting mate, wish you well for the rest of the season.At the end of the day for so many of us, it is recognising this is a really tough league and survival in itself is no small achievement.Equally all of us experience good results against 'top teams' and long may that continue !

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
You are a disgrace to football, keeper taking ages to get rid of the ball, throw ins taken so slowly, 7 minutes added time didn't come close to the amount of time your team wasted over the 90, absolute disgrace of a team.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Ok so I'll give Shrewsbury a little more credit than the others have. Yes it was ugly, yes it was timewasting, yes it was shithousery but suck it up fellas because we'll be seeing an awful lot more of it at Home Park from away sides this season. We as a team have to learn how to beat it, and as fans have to learn not to get on our own team's back because of it.

If we were going away to a team top of the league having won 7 on the bounce at home I would expect us to do exactly the same, 90% of sides are going to come to HP saying a point would be a great result and will play for it from minute one. Unfortunately it's part of football and it isn't pretty but it is effective.

The game went much as I predicted earlier in the thread, Shrewsbury frustrated us, it was raining it was windy but we found a way to win once again without really getting into full stride - we were fortunate that Shrewsbury hit the woodwork twice in the first half, it's about all they did but that's what an away performance can often look like in this league.

How on earth the ref didn't give us a penalty second half for the foul on Mumba was mind blowing. Cracking result and comeback and the greens go marching on.
Pretty much how I saw it. Salop’s tactics were legitimate, it was up to us to break them down. If you play so poorly and win it is probably better than playing really well and losing. The injury to Azaz is a concern. Found it funny that Woolmer pulled his shorts up long enough to caution for taking too long to leave the Salop sub once he had got to the dugout. As you say 100% cast iron penalty, probably the easiest one to give all season, but hopefully these things balance themselves out.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
One thing I did notice last night, and have seen the vast majority of games this year, the Salop players seemed to lose a lot of energy from about 70 minutes, whereas we upped the tempo, I really think our fitness is winning us games. The only side I have not thought this was Rovers on Saturday who matched us.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
These red cards are keeping Robinson in a job. Our board are evidently very forgiving.

We actually weren't that bad last night in fairness to him. We were on top for the first half but the sending off shifted the momentum entirely and we likely should have lost in the end (despite the goal being a hand ball).

Given how poor we are, I expected much more from Pompey. We are there for the taking at the moment. I'm not sure they had more than a shot in the first half?

We need wins if we are to achieve anything from this season. Sadly, lower-mid table mediocrity beckons...

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Hope Rovers continue their performance levels from the second half on Saturday tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!