Tuesday 25th October

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Again, like the other Pools fans, sick of repeating myself. No chance this lot stay up. But you know what we turned a profit, I'm still in awe of Raj Singh's hugely successful football club model.

We're going to the National League. I'll take it if we get new owners with a different plan other than making every decision with their eyes closed, short termism and cut every facet of the club to fuck.

It's disgraceful that we find ourselves being the first team (since ever?) to drop within two seasons. Absolute embarrassment.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
View attachment 17855

Not sure how the ref has seen it really.
From that still it looks as if there is a small gap between Shade and the Bradford guy nearest the ref. I'd be disappointed if that went against us, however, considering thats only our second penalty of the season (both missed) I guess they all even themselves out. A deserved point nonetheless

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
From that still it looks as if there is a small gap between Shade and the Bradford guy nearest the ref. I'd be disappointed if that went against us, however, considering thats only our second penalty of the season (both missed) I guess they all even themselves out. A deserved point nonetheless
It was a very poor decision but such decisions will go for and agin all teams. In the end a good game between 2 sides who wanted to play properly. We should have done better than 1 goal in the first half, we didn't and that was not the ref's fault.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Grimsby fans forum accepting we were the better side and saying their team put in the worst performance of the season.... every team we have beaten this season has said they played their worst game??
Grimsby fans thought our side were soft and falling all over the place, yet from a Barrow perspective Grimsby looked like a team of thugs. it's always interesting to see the blinkered views of (both) sets of fans at a match.
Grimsby should comfortably get back to winning ways against Hartlepool - whilst our next 4 league games are Crewe (H), Colchester (H), Crawley (A) and Hartlepool (H)

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Again, like the other Pools fans, sick of repeating myself. No chance this lot stay up. But you know what we turned a profit, I'm still in awe of Raj Singh's hugely successful football club model.

We're going to the National League. I'll take it if we get new owners with a different plan other than making every decision with their eyes closed, short termism and cut every facet of the club to fuck.

It's disgraceful that we find ourselves being the first team (since ever?) to drop within two seasons. Absolute embarrassment.

I'm surprised it hasn't got nasty at Pools yet, we've had to put up with some tripe this season, perhaps a whopping by Holohan and Morris on Saturday will be the catalyst for a return of the toxic Vic experience.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Grimsby fans forum accepting we were the better side and saying their team put in the worst performance of the season.... every team we have beaten this season has said they played their worst game??
Grimsby fans thought our side were soft and falling all over the place, yet from a Barrow perspective Grimsby looked like a team of thugs. it's always interesting to see the blinkered views of (both) sets of fans at a match.
Grimsby should comfortably get back to winning ways against Hartlepool - whilst our next 4 league games are Crewe (H), Colchester (H), Crawley (A) and Hartlepool (H)

When we win we always get the comment "two poor teams" - it's funny cos it's bollocks, but we probably said the same in the Mansfield game and others.

I didn't think Grimsby were thugs, they just never attacked us so all they were doing was tackling. And us being divers or whatever probably stems from Brough going down a bit too easy for that booking - everything else was no different for both teams. The ref was shite though, and some of the things he gave free-kicks for were ridiculously soft.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
It was a very poor decision but such decisions will go for and agin all teams. In the end a good game between 2 sides who wanted to play properly. We should have done better than 1 goal in the first half, we didn't and that was not the ref's fault.
Yes I agree with all this, good game between good teams. We should have won imo but that’s on us, we need to look at ourselves at why we can’t keep up intensity levels for larger parts of the game and why we are donkeys at decision making in the final third. Angol had an easy square ball for a tap in and shot! That would have been game over.

The ref was appalling but at this level they are shit for both sides and just seem to guess at times, the best teams take the result out of their hands.

We have played well against 3 good teams this last 3 matches. We now play a team lower down and need to capitalise.

Reactions: loz

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

Macclesfield Town were relegated after 2 seasons back in the EFL in 2020 (albeit after a points deduction and PPG)

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It definitely was our worst performance of the season, but there's a reason why and that's because we were outfought and didn't create anything at all of note because you lot were too good for us on the night. Perhaps you should take teams saying that as a compliment?

I didn't think you were soft at all. Didn't think you shithoused anywhere near as much as the worst sides for that. I thought both sides were physical in the ways you'd exepect from Paul Hurst and Old Man Wild teams. Not sure you can call us a team of thugs purely because we ended the match with 6 players aged 22 or under on the pitch. If anything, our distinct lack of thuggishness/experience denied us a way back into the match.

No complaints whatsoever from me, as fair and square and deserved win you'll see all season.

Last edited:

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
It definitely was our worst performance of the season, but there's a reason why and that's because we were outfought and didn't create anything at all of note because you lot were too good for us on the night. Perhaps you should take teams saying that a compliment?

I didn't think you were soft at all. Didn't think you shithoused anywhere near as much as the worst sides. I thought both sides were physical in the ways you'd exepect from Paul Hurst and Old Man Wild teams. Not sure you can call us a team of thugs purely because we ended the match with 6 players aged 22 or under on the pitch. If anything, our distinct lack of thuggishness/experience denied us a way back into the match.

No complaints whatsoever from me, as fair and square and deserved win you'll see all season.
it's a compliment without coming out and saying it.
the thug comment comes from the 2 or 3 bookings that you should have had before Brough got booked - and the nasty challenge Waterfall made on Ben Whitfield in the 2nd half when he fouled him then looked like he deliberatly fell on Whitfields head with his knee...

Last edited:

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Can only echo the sentiments of my fellow supporters - two points dropped.

It’s frustrating because a win last night puts us 4th with a game in hand over Northampton and Stevenage - with Crawley visiting VP at the weekend.

I still can’t get over the fact that we only seem to play well against sides above us.

If there’s one thing that will eventually peg us back this season, it’s complacency.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
A proper game of two halves at Sixfields last night. I felt we were ok in the opening 15, but then the first Northampton goal changed that and the Cobblers were dominant and by the time of the second goal we were hanging on until halftime.

During the break we made our only sub of the evening, replacing Sam Hart with Kylian Kouassi thus changing up the formation a bit, and it worked to perfection. Two well taken goals to get back level and we created chances to win. Considering the state of play at halftime a point was a fantastic return for us.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
When we win we always get the comment "two poor teams" - it's funny cos it's bollocks, but we probably said the same in the Mansfield game and others.

I didn't think Grimsby were thugs, they just never attacked us so all they were doing was tackling. And us being divers or whatever probably stems from Brough going down a bit too easy for that booking - everything else was no different for both teams. The ref was shite though, and some of the things he gave free-kicks for were ridiculously soft.
It’s ok this comment sums up exactly where we went wrong last night, you dragged us down to your level: :lol:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Didn’t get to go to Stockport game in the end, but it seemed like a game probably lost by circumstances before the players even walked into the pitch.

Once tactics and style are changed due to issues and suspensions to accommodate glaring gaps and the solution is round pegs in square holes your always on the back foot before a ball is kicked.

Probably be the same Saturday, Simpsons best approach is to just ride out this week the. Focus on trying to kick start it again with the fa cup.

If there was a moment to slate it is that you set up defensive with the view goals will be hard due to a lack of options it is then unforgivable to not mark runners and leave glaring gaps for that run threw on first goal…….the whole point of a solid formation is to reduce gaps not widen them.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
I know we are short due to injuries at the minute but I’m going to go to sleep and try my best to forget about everything tonight, the stupid line-up from Clough, the shocking performance by many too. Thank god we played a team with zero quality(at least on the night) or it be an embarrassing scoreline.
Wait till you see nigels view of the match ,delighted with the point ,blah blah ,it was shocking

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Sounds like the Carlisle fans were right- even Carver who's a bright side of life bloke said we'd win. Did look like we caught Carlisle at the right time, they were poor.

Got a bit more energy in our team at the moment, Wright adding power to the backline, a more mobile middle 3 keeping out probably our two best ball players (Sarcevic and Camps- although the latter is suspended). It's a sacrifice but a bit more legs and power is what we've come up short in some games this season so it could be horses for courses type change for the moment.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sounds like the Carlisle fans were right- even Carver who's a bright side of life bloke said we'd win. Did look like we caught Carlisle at the right time, they were poor.

Got a bit more energy in our team at the moment, Wright adding power to the backline, a more mobile middle 3 keeping out probably our two best ball players (Sarcevic and Camps- although the latter is suspended). It's a sacrifice but a bit more legs and power is what we've come up short in some games this season so it could be horses for courses type change for the moment.
Carver definitely not always a bright side of life bloke, he cries so much that they named the Waterworks End after him at their ground.

Good result for Stockport though, incredible to think that keeping 11 players on the pitch and winning games go hand in hand. Another win to nil too. Impressive. Was about this time last year you kicked into gear wasn't it? Obviously that was as much DC inspired as anything but I think we'll see you start to rise up towards those playoff spots now. Looks and sounds like the fine margins you were dropping points on earlier in the season are going your way a bit more.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Carver definitely not always a bright side of life bloke, he cries so much that they named the Waterworks End after him at their ground.

Good result for Stockport though, incredible to think that keeping 11 players on the pitch and winning games go hand in hand. Another win to nil too. Impressive. Was about this time last year you kicked into gear wasn't it? Obviously that was as much DC inspired as anything but I think we'll see you start to rise up towards those playoff spots now. Looks and sounds like the fine margins you were dropping points on earlier in the season are going your way a bit more.
A year ago today we lost (so last nights equivalent week game) to Barnet. Rusk went the next day and yeah we never looked back.

You're right on the fine margins, I think we're learning we have to be a bit more streetwise, use energy and bit more running, can't just put Sarcevic, Camps etc in midfield and expect to dominate at this level.

Not sure we'll rise that high personally. I said early we'll be mid table, nothing changed my mind after defeats and nothings changed my mind after wins. We'll have up and down spells, the nature of a mid table side. For example, I've got a feeling Sutton come to ours Saturday and shithouse us for e.g. Just going to be one of those seasons. And I'm comfortable with it. 11 years out of the FL for us don't forget, some of our fans need to remember that when they go all cry arse after defeats.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
A year ago today we lost (so last nights equivalent week game) to Barnet. Rusk went the next day and yeah we never looked back.

You're right on the fine margins, I think we're learning we have to be a bit more streetwise, use energy and bit more running, can't just put Sarcevic, Camps etc in midfield and expect to dominate at this level.

Not sure we'll rise that high personally. I said early we'll be mid table, nothing changed my mind after defeats and nothings changed my mind after wins. We'll have up and down spells, the nature of a mid table side. For example, I've got a feeling Sutton come to ours Saturday and shithouse us for e.g. Just going to be one of those seasons. And I'm comfortable with it. 11 years out of the FL for us don't forget, some of our fans need to remember that when they go all cry arse after defeats.
Yeah, those fine margins are obviously down to fortune in some ways but I also think that doing the simple things right and sorting your backline out (core Hursty values) go a long way to doing that and your recent scorelines/clean sheets suggest that DC is drilling that into your squad now. The streetwise/shithousery thing is more important at this level than the NL, in my opinion. You know down there that you're gonna have 10-20 minutes at least when you really batter Barnet, Bromley, Yeovil, Weladstone, etc while they're rolling round on the floor clinging on for a point and more often than not you're gonna win the match in that period. Not so much at this level as tighter games and defences that are better technically and tactically mean that the dark arts need to be used as when they're used against you it's much more likely that they're gonna successfully close the game down.

I'm completely with you being more than fine with a midtable finish too. I'm more concerned about what we do with the next two windows. Get those right and we're promotion candidates next season and the same can be said for you lot.

Last edited:

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Good performance and result against Carlisle last night. Was as vanilla as a 2-0 home win can be against a team that rarely threatened (unsurprisingly given the comments on here about injuries and suspensions etc).

One thing that did impress with with Carlisle though was number 7 Jordan Gibson. He looked like a really lively player albeit his end product was a little lacking. If he sorts that out, looks easily good enough to be playing in the Championship.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
A hugely pleasing win for ourselves, 4th game in ten days and as I said I didn't expect a classic.

Gillingham setup not to get beat, left it all to us to break them down. First half their gameplan worked and they had some half chances from one mistake we made and set plays, we're not the tallest of teams apart from our CBs.

Second half Wellens tweaked it, put Paul Smyth on the left hand side his natural position which led to him giving Will Wright a torrid time and scoring the first goal, second goal was a well worked break from us and good finish from another sub Sotiriou. Wellens this evening got his tactical tweaks and subs all right and paying off.

Gillingham are certainly a difficult watch, but not a terrible side I thought. They were organised and had a gameplan which did work, but they had zero attacking threats I thought apart from Set plays which they looked threatening from each time. In open play there were not enough risks taken which may ultimately undo Harris if he isn't careful.
Pretty much sums us up.
One defeat in eight but only one win.
We are certainly not pleasing on the eye.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I'm surprised it hasn't got nasty at Pools yet, we've had to put up with some tripe this season, perhaps a whopping by Holohan and Morris on Saturday will be the catalyst for a return of the toxic Vic experience.
Too many still up the chairman's backside, it's all Hartley's fault etc, his 'generous' budget being misspent. Doyles.

It's Raj's fault and his alone that we've ended up in this situation. He shafted Challinor, hangs a seasoned ex Poolie in Lee out to dry. The summer, he admitted he'd never heard of Hartley and didn't even speak to the guy yet gives him free rein to be out of his depth. Signing his shite on long deals, I mean how in the actual fuck was this allowed? Besides Cooke, the only player with recent L2 experience was a defender signed from Walsall on loan ffs . Out of what 15 or 16? What kind of strategy is this?

I can go on and on but I don't know if a toxic atmosphere is what's needed as I don't think the majority of players aren't trying. It's just that they are fucking hopeless and toxicity might make things even worse. 3700 in last night, that will get worse . Its probably the better way for Raj to notice as that sort of stuff kills him on the inside. A cockroach calling him a c***, booing the players when he's not even in the ground isn't gonna cut it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!