Tuesday 27/10 fixtures

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Cheltenham could have been 2 or 3 up at half time, I thought we were poor first half and Cheltenham looked dangerous. We allowed them too much space to pick a pass.

After they scored though, we upped the tempo and their passing went to shit. They also looked absolutely knackered after 50 minutes. We then proceeded to be on top for most of the second half.

Pope must terrify them as he also changed the game. Worrall and Burgess teriffic second half.

Cheltenham are probably the best team we have played and we've played mainly teams in the top half, which bodes well. Watch us stuff it up at Southend on Saturday.

The commentator was saying Cheltenham had scored all but about 2 first half goals this season seemed to run out of steam a bit.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Our woeful performances continued last night. Most Bradford City fans now genuinely fear a relegation battle. The only striker who has looked like scoring is out injured for a few weeks now. We are left with a 36 year old in Donaldson who should have retired in the summer. We have a kid from Wolves who looks out of his depth, and then we have the worst striker probably ever to rack up at Valley Parade in Kurtis Guthrie, who hasnt scored a goal for over a year now, nevermind not scoring for us since we bought him from Stevenage.

Our legend McCall is coming under more pressure from his adoring public each week. Personally think we should never have brought him back for his 3rd spell as manager, it was a very lazy appointment back in February, and will end in tears soon.

Barrow will be celebrating their first home victory in the football league for almost 50 years on Saturday.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Didn't even get to see lasts nights shite as ifollow refused to work

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Bolton v Bradford apparently had lots of issues - at least for Bradford fans.
Luckily for us Mansfield did a great job of making sure the feed was perfect at our game.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

A lot of our fans had trouble getting it to work last night... my iPad stopped streaming but then the phone allowed it to. It’s a mess!

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
ifollow worked on Apple's Safari but not for Chrome, IE or anything else I turned it off after the first half I actually can't watch that shit anymore.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton v Bradford apparently had lots of issues - at least for Bradford fans.
Luckily for us Mansfield did a great job of making sure the feed was perfect at our game.
ffs seems your having a go now for the i follow feed.......Nothing to do with the club.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Really annoying to watch last night, absolutely dominated possession but looked so poor going forward.

Holloway is rotating far too much, it’s becoming almost comical now

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Orient 1-1 Exeter last night in what was, for Os fans at least, probably the best game of the season so far.
Good tempo, and some excellent defending and decent attacking football played by both sides.
Though Exeter looked threatening throughout, but a draw was probably the right result at the end of the day.
Pleased that we put in a good shift against one of the division's stronger outfits - but still frustrating that we lose to grimsby and draw to mansfield only to match one of the pace-setters.
Thought Taylor looked very good for Exeter, I would say you'll likely be top-3 by the end of the season, but with Vale and Bolton looked 100% nailed on to get over 110 points each it could be tricky for you...

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Good to read some positive comments from Vale on how we played. I didn't watch it but it sounded like we did everything but score in the first half, and then completely bottled it when Vale equalised.

Reading our forum and fans on Twitter, you'd think we were in Southend's shoes. Yes, it's disappointing to not take chances and lose when you should be clear in the game, but at least we were able to play so well. The missed chances are a concern, but that will come in time.

We move on now to our annual embarrassment against FGR on Saturday.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Evatt was poor at the start of last season
Orient 1-1 Exeter last night in what was, for Os fans at least, probably the best game of the season so far.
Good tempo, and some excellent defending and decent attacking football played by both sides.
Though Exeter looked threatening throughout, but a draw was probably the right result at the end of the day.
Pleased that we put in a good shift against one of the division's stronger outfits - but still frustrating that we lose to grimsby and draw to mansfield only to match one of the pace-setters.
Thought Taylor looked very good for Exeter, I would say you'll likely be top-3 by the end of the season, but with Vale and Bolton looked 100% nailed on to get over 110 points each it could be tricky for you...
3 of those 110 coming our way this Saturday my owd marrow!

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Our result has been coming for a few weeks now - it's been strange, as the table suggests we've struggled, but all our games have been close and we should really have a lot more points on the board.

We've played all season with two of three key players in our spine missing in every match (Platt, Hardcastle, Quigley), so with them all fit I think we'd give most teams a game.

Mansfield were by far the worst team we've faced though, and I genuinely think they were as bad as almost anyone we played last season too. Manager had to go as they weren't even trying for him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Really annoying to watch last night, absolutely dominated possession but looked so poor going forward.

Holloway is rotating far too much, it’s becoming almost comical now
Morton is shite. Once again the defence gets barely any protection with him in the side. We did indeed have the majority of the ball but FGR were much more threatening going forward. Terry Taylor looks like he can do a job (despite definitely needing to be taken off set pieces) but he needs to be alongside two of Clifton, Rose or Hewitt. And yeah while we were toothless up top, the service from the middle was non-existent. Hendrie was the main hope of creating something. Tilley picking the ball up and running with it and speculative balls up to Hanson were the only other ways we even tried to cause problems.

Poor from us from too many players once again. FGR barely broke a sweat. Not surprising though, I said pre-season that they'll have a good season and could potentially go up and I'm sticking to that. Good side.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Our result has been coming for a few weeks now - it's been strange, as the table suggests we've struggled, but all our games have been close and we should really have a lot more points on the board.

We've played all season with two of three key players in our spine missing in every match (Platt, Hardcastle, Quigley), so with them all fit I think we'd give most teams a game.

Mansfield were by far the worst team we've faced though, and I genuinely think they were as bad as almost anyone we played last season too. Manager had to go as they weren't even trying for him.
the Mansfield number 32 (Lapslie) was a prime example just watch the 3rd and 4th goals...

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
A perfect away performance last night at Walsall. We let them have the ball and hit them on the break which we executed perfectly.

We had a number of injuries so it was great to see players coming into the first XI and not letting that affect our form.

I said if we come out of games against Newport, Port Vale, Bolton and Walsall with a decent points return then I would say we are contenders. 10 points from tough fixtures.

I had a read of the Walsall forum who’s fans were very complimentary of us, which is always nice to see.
Yeah decent return that, only dropping points from the one where expected 3.

thought we played very well last night considering the changes made with may(who I’ve been critical with) coming in and playing well, fingers crossed digbys injury isn’t too bad.

onto Crawley!

KTF

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good to read some positive comments from Vale on how we played. I didn't watch it but it sounded like we did everything but score in the first half, and then completely bottled it when Vale equalised.

Reading our forum and fans on Twitter, you'd think we were in Southend's shoes. Yes, it's disappointing to not take chances and lose when you should be clear in the game, but at least we were able to play so well. The missed chances are a concern, but that will come in time.

We move on now to our annual embarrassment against FGR on Saturday.

We weren't battered but the chances first half were pretty much centred on that one 30 second spell which was absolutely nuts! How it didn't go in I don't know!

Was a decent game and a real test, although we've done well against you in the past 12 months in the 4 games they always felt like huge battles and think you will be up there (Hopefully along with us!)

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
0-0 with Harrogate last night. Looking at it positively, we ended our losing streak, earnt a clean sheet and a point away to side who'd started the season well. I think a point was fair, the game was a poor spectactle, neither really threatened the scoring.

We had three half decent chances, Dinanga did well to cross for List who glanced his header across the face of goal, Dinanga went close from a set peice, the ball fell to him in the six yard box but he helped it over the bar, Cuthbert also went close from a corner but his near post header was guided wide. Harrogate didn't really look like scoring either, had a couple of decent chances first half but neither worked Cumming, second half they had a spell of pressure, in which time they forced Cumming into a couple of routine saves.

Mixed feelings really, happy to avoid defeat but once again we're lacking going forward. Think that's the 6th straight game without a goal now. We made 5 changes last night, following 3 at the weekend and 5 the game before that. Not sure Revell has any idea what his best side is, I thought Dinanga and Vincelot looked quite good last night so I'd hope they'll remain in the side for the weekend.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Absolutely woeful away at Crawley last night. No heart or desire out there and sadly that’s driven by the manager.

Haven’t seen a Tranmere fan that doesn’t want Jackson gone. He made a sub after 35 mins again yesterday which has happened numerous times already this season in the first half and is a clear message that he has no idea what he’s doing. Ask Mansfield, Leyton Orient, Newport and Crawley fans what they thought of us and that gives you your answer on how we’re playing with no identity whatsoever.

I’ll always be grateful for his work under Micky Mellon but I’m afraid it’s time for him to go before we leave it too late. There is now way we should be playing the way we are with the squad we have.
I wanted him to do well but its obvious now that its not working. Why can't we just do things easy.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Morton is shite. Once again the defence gets barely any protection with him in the side. We did indeed have the majority of the ball but FGR were much more threatening going forward. Terry Taylor looks like he can do a job (despite definitely needing to be taken off set pieces) but he needs to be alongside two of Clifton, Rose or Hewitt. And yeah while we were toothless up top, the service from the middle was non-existent. Hendrie was the main hope of creating something. Tilley picking the ball up and running with it and speculative balls up to Hanson were the only other ways we even tried to cause problems.

Poor from us from too many players once again. FGR barely broke a sweat. Not surprising though, I said pre-season that they'll have a good season and could potentially go up and I'm sticking to that. Good side.
Now the table is taking shape it’s becoming apparent we’ve had an absolute horror of a start, we’ve played 5 of the top 10. However, we have some absolute shite in our squad and the experienced players we have aren’t getting a look in.

Morton, Green and Gibson aren’t even conference standard imo.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Had a feeling Tranmere would struggle this year. Poor from last season along with us and Southend.
The main thing with us we kept our better players. Granted Remi Mathews and Jason Lowe would improve us greatly. Tranmere recruitment pre season was awful they have signed players on big money who are way past there sell by date and who are no longer hungry. Bolton have made this mistake many times it never works

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Now the table is taking shape it’s becoming apparent we’ve had an absolute horror of a start, we’ve played 5 of the top 10. However, we have some absolute shite in our squad and the experienced players we have aren’t getting a look in.

Morton, Green and Gibson aren’t even conference standard imo.
The fact that Gibson is getting so much time makes me wonder how bad Ira Jackson Jr and Alhagi Touray Sisay must be!

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Just noticed we've played all of the top 6.

Perhaps we're not that bad we've just played some good teams. Please ignore the fact we also lost to Tranmere.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Tbf Grimsby stopped us playing our usual game, very rare to see us not dominate the ball but despite that we were comfortable, which is a good sign I suppose.

Jake Young looks a real find, first season playing first team football for anyone and 3 goals already.

James Morton was pretty good for us on loan last season, calm on the ball, sprayed it about pretty well. Wouldn't say he isn't even Conference standard.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Best result for years and the forum goes down!

We had our game plan and over the season we have grown into it and are becoming a half decent side (we will get tanked next game now). Tranmere looked as though though the had never played together, or at least not in that formation.

The first goal was due to Mark Ellis being elsewhere. When your centre half goes wandering into midfield it really opens up a lot of space for a centre forward. Good pass and a good finish for the goal. Watters has started his football league career with a bang. That's five goals in 3 1/2 games of football. Obviously he will have a blip soon but thats not to be sniffed at.

I think Ellis might have collided with the ad hoardings for the second goal. He went up and won a header on the side and was then out of position when Nichols received the ball on the edge of the box. Again a good pass and a good finish. Pleased for Nichols as he has done a lot of work for the team over the last few games without getting a chance himself.

Third goal was a corner kick routine that went wrong but we kept it alive and those chipped crosses that finish under the bar are always difficult for a defence to deal with.

We saw the second half out really. Had a couple of moments but nothing special but the fourth goal was well taken. I dont think Tranmere had a shot on target in the game!

What a good result for Crawley. Tranmere didn't appear to have downed tools on their manager but they didn't seem comfortable in the system and look as though they need to pick a side and style and stick with it for a few games. There's too much quality in that team for them to struggle,e for too long.

A very happy Casey

I have a friend who has been going to Crawley for years and years but moved to the Wirral a while ago. I can imagine him knocking on neighbours doors and digging out his workmates this morning.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
The Crawley reporters must have been happy too, a good win means they won't get told how stupid they are or to mind their own business by Yems after every question.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

Perhaps we're not that bad we've just played some good teams. Please ignore the fact we also lost to Tranmere.

You beat the mighty Carlisle don't forget that.

By the way what happened to Olomola?

He was fairly good for us last season.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Well it is true, a sentence in the Stagsnet report.

Barrow were good, but the Stags made them look like Barcelona.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Yeah decent return that, only dropping points from the one where expected 3.

thought we played very well last night considering the changes made with may(who I’ve been critical with) coming in and playing well, fingers crossed digbys injury isn’t too bad.

onto Crawley!

KTF

I think May is a good squad player and will probably get 20 odd starts over the season owing to injuries or the heavy schedule. He'll be fine as long as it's just that and not 40 odd starts. Sounds like Digby could be out for a few weeks with a broken cheekbone but as long as May and Boateng stay fit for those few weeks we'll be fine.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

I think you've skewed the table by losing to everyone so it's no surprise you've played the top 6 already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!