Tuesday 2nd March 2021

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Tictacal masterclass from my future husband tonight. Played a left back at left back, a left winger on the left wing and his first substitute as a manager scored the winning goal. Might as well cut out the middle man and make Jobi the England manager now.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Obviously disappointed at result. So much so that I closed down my laptop and put on the TV.
In the last six games FGR have conceded 12 goals in what was one of the best defences in the league.
Hanging on to an auto-promotion spot but that will go if current form continues:- 2 losses in last six games.
FGR looked better team but didn't take their chances while Stevenage did the business.
Perhaps a different result if FGR had been given one of the three hotly contested penalty appeals before Stevenage scored.
Up until the Newport match, FGR had been fairly injury free but that has changed with an avengance.
March looks like a hard month for the team.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Can Walsall take Darrel Clarke back please? I wouldn't mind seeing my team have a shot on target before the end of the season!

Not sure what else he can do though, in essence he’s achieved the resolution of the main problem we had which was haemorrhaging goals, not only that we have barely conceded chances, it’s come at the cost of us going forward but all four games have been knife edge games. He’s now got to try and find the balance but Stevenage game aside it’s not as if we don’t get the ball in good positions in the final third.

Problem at the moment is when in that position the final ball or touch is criminal. We had plenty of spells of pressure against Cambridge and last night but have stopped scoring and creating chances which wasn’t the actual problem before. If we can sort that out with the defensive improvement we will win more than enough games, problem is we have to sort it fast as time is running out.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Obviously disappointed at result. So much so that I closed down my laptop and put on the TV.
In the last six games FGR have conceded 12 goals in what was one of the best defences in the league.
Hanging on to an auto-promotion spot but that will go if current form continues:- 2 losses in last six games.
FGR looked better team but didn't take their chances while Stevenage did the business.
Perhaps a different result if FGR had been given one of the three hotly contested penalty appeals before Stevenage scored.
Up until the Newport match, FGR had been fairly injury free but that has changed with an avengance.
March looks like a hard month for the team.

We don't have the depth to be able to handle Stokes, Moore-Taylor, Cadden and Sweeney all being out at once. Hopefully Stokes and Cadden will be back soon, and Cargill isn't concussed after coming off yesterday, because I wouldn't fancy us against many teams with the backline that finished last nights game.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Not sure what else he can do though, in essence he’s achieved the resolution of the main problem we had which was haemorrhaging goals, not only that we have barely conceded chances, it’s come at the cost of us going forward but all four games have been knife edge games. He’s now got to try and find the balance but Stevenage game aside it’s not as if we don’t get the ball in good positions in the final third.

Problem at the moment is when in that position the final ball or touch is criminal. We had plenty of spells of pressure against Cambridge and last night but have stopped scoring and creating chances which wasn’t the actual problem before. If we can sort that out with the defensive improvement we will win more than enough games, problem is we have to sort it fast as time is running out.
i agree with you. the injuries to our attacking players is ridiculous really, we obviously struggle without worrall, we've also missed amoo for most of the season.

we're basically rolling the dice on whether Rodney will score a screamer (or control the ball when he's 1 on 1).

it's not great when we aren't scoring but like you say, all 4 games have seen pretty much nothing between the teams (other than 2 instances of quality in that we miss).

It really is a problem we need to resolve but i'm not sure what the answer is without some of the injured players coming back.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
I think Scott brown is the only player that we have this season that hasn't missed any league games due to injury suspension or covid. Even somebody like Smith has missed a few this season due to covid isolation and he never misses games.

Its pretty much the same players picking up injuries at vale montano, Cullen, amoo and oyeleke all injury prone players so will always miss half the games. What we can't cope without is worrall who is our most creative player and he has missed quite a few games this season. Gibbons being injured most of the season has also left with that dick head zak mills playing right back.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think Scott brown is the only player that we have this season that hasn't missed any league games due to injury suspension or covid. Even somebody like Smith has missed a few this season due to covid isolation and he never misses games.

Its pretty much the same players picking up injuries at vale montano, Cullen, amoo and oyeleke all injury prone players so will always miss half the games. What we can't cope without is worrall who is our most creative player and he has missed quite a few games this season. Gibbons being injured most of the season has also left with that dick head zak mills playing right back.

Worrall is a massive loss, he’s the best and most consistent provider in the league, only KDB had more assists in the top 4 leagues in 2020 and Woz is already on 10 assists this season. It’s an absolute killer and no shock out poorest form has been December without him.

Bolton we saw what can happen when we have most of our big players fit, in that game we had Worrall, Joyce, Manny, Monty and Conlon all feature and it was a completely fluid and devastating attacking performance that could easily have been more than 6. Manny missing the Open goal and their keeper made two or three very good saves to save it being 4-0 after about 8 minutes.

Think against Southend we had Manny, Gibbo, Woz, Joyce and Monty, devastating performance hitting 5 could of had more first half alone.

Something needs to change regardless because it’s been 2 or 3 years with injuries like this, something isn’t right, I know we didn’t have a physio under Smurf (we had to ask the opponents to let us use theirs in games!) but that’s not the case now. Something isn’t right to get the injuries we do like we do.

Aside from that whatever happened after Kings Lynn we will never know but we’ve gone from looking promotion contenders to 3 wins in 22 in what is a really low quality division. Injuries a huge problem but what happened with this depth? Individually Cullen, Rodney, Robinson and Pope isn’t a bad set of strikers to have! Three have good reputations, the other is top scorer.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Top win, Derek has made us into a right good side at home. Massive game on Saturday.
Really thought you played well. Changed it a bit at half time and after ten minutes getting used to it (aided by our silly subs) you cracked on and won with ease.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Casey

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Tictacal masterclass from my future husband tonight. Played a left back at left back, a left winger on the left wing and his first substitute as a manager scored the winning goal. Might as well cut out the middle man and make Jobi the England manager now.
Didn't we make you look good!

Can't believe you only scored once, do your lads practice hitting the crossbar in training?

Is your centre half OK? Not sure how he managed to pick up two injuries in one incident, ifollow didn't really dwell on it; the substitution certainly didn't harm your team, even if the lad got hurt so early in the game.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Amazing what happens when you have two strikers instead of one, and those two do something with the ball rather than giving it away every second.

Shame it's still pretty shite and far too late in the game
Payne is terrible, isn't he? Not quite Matt Green levels of shite, but he offers very little.

Despite how utterly shite this season has been, it warms my heart ever so slightly when Hamez and Lenny link up.

End this season now, give us some Conference games. I'm almost done with it. Not because we're shite, because it's boring. I hate the bottom of this divison so much. It's so tedious. I'd much rather be in the Conference playoff spots.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
He took a forearm smash to the face. I don't think his reaction was excessive whatsoever which is a criticism of this side that we're maybe a bit too nice sometimes. That said it was a harsh red as it didn't look like an elbow.

I’ve just remembered one of your lads dive in the penalty box that got him a yellow, I hope your managers had a word, that was pathetic

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’ve just remembered one of your lads dive in the penalty box that got him a yellow, I hope your managers had a word, that was pathetic

Should of seen Ian Henderson punch the ball in the net... absolutely blatant and goes nuts at the referee... wasn’t even debatable!

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Payne is terrible, isn't he? Not quite Matt Green levels of shite, but he offers very little.

Despite how utterly shite this season has been, it warms my heart ever so slightly when Hamez and Lenny link up.

End this season now, give us some Conference games. I'm almost done with it. Not because we're shite, because it's boring. I hate the bottom of this divison so much. It's so tedious. I'd much rather be in the Conference playoff spots.
Do you honestly think our current squad of players would have us in the Conference Play-Offs, I wouldn't trust half of them with a Conference Pear.

1614772037050.png

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Do you honestly think our current squad of players would have us in the Conference Play-Offs, I wouldn't trust half of them with a Conference Pear.

View attachment 13923
No, but I'm hoping most of them will be gone by next season. McKeown, Waterfall, Morais, Rose, Williams, Wright, Gibson, Jackson Jr, LJL and Scannell will be contracted. I'd terminate all those contracts too, bar Waterfall, Morais and Rose who I think would be decent Conference players.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
No, but I'm hoping most of them will be gone by next season. McKeown, Waterfall, Morais, Rose, Williams, Wright, Gibson, Jackson Jr, LJL and Scannell will be contracted. I'd terminate all those contracts too, bar Waterfall, Morais and Rose who I think would be decent Conference players.
The Hollow One brought in so many useless journeymen who seemed to feign injury or just couldn't be bothered; shysters and charlatans at best. He supplemented those with non-league hopefuls who have not stepped up to the plate.

Hurst has replaced them with guys he trusted, sadly they have let him (and us) down badly. I will not go into names, but some of these new players are just damn right poor; I rarely swear, but Christ they make my blood boil.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
i’m viewing mansfield’s season the same way as i am covid - hopefully it’ll be over as soon as possible.

Anything to do with the top 7 hasn’t even been a thought but whereas i’m 99pc sure we’re safe it’s still a case of seeing what the bottom 3 do (which is thankfully usually not a lot)

Avoiding defeat up at barrow on saturday would be a good start.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Can't do with Scannell, another overpaid waste of space who contributed to us finding ourselves in this league. He should have gone into non league sometime ago.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We were poor last night and rode are luck slightly, that said Mansfield had no shots on target not the first recently to do so against us. Mansfield look terrible in the final third, Cook must have been having a mare not to walk into that team because he's been fantastic for us so far and I think we'd have looked far better in possession last night had he been allowed to play.

Also a pathetic Dive from Wood not sure what he was doing, unless he tripped because he didn't appeal. It was a red though on him it was straight in front of the linesman and ref and he's got a shiner and red face to prove it, not sure why a player would be so daft in the modern game when the games already lost. Who knows though everything is worth an appeal these days it seems a complete lottery on what gets overturned.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
The Hollow One brought in so many useless journeymen who seemed to feign injury or just couldn't be bothered; shysters and charlatans at best. He supplemented those with non-league hopefuls who have not stepped up to the plate.

Hurst has replaced them with guys he trusted, sadly they have let him (and us) down badly. I will not go into names, but some of these new players are just damn right poor; I rarely swear, but Christ they make my blood boil.
Hursts refusal to change tactics hasn’t helped, again, something he was guilty of last time too.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Didn't we make you look good!

Can't believe you only scored once, do your lads practice hitting the crossbar in training?

Is your centre half OK? Not sure how he managed to pick up two injuries in one incident, ifollow didn't really dwell on it; the substitution certainly didn't harm your team, even if the lad got hurt so early in the game.

Fractured ankle for Thompson, unfortunately. Happe who came on his played most of the games this season; were pretty well-stocked at centre half. Pity about the fullbacks.

re: missed chances - We only have DJ who can actually finish and we don’t create any chances for him, so no mystery why we made it hard for ourselves. I’m just surprised pleasantly surprised that we actually created some opportunities at all.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Fractured ankle for Thompson, unfortunately. Happe who came on his played most of the games this season; were pretty well-stocked at centre half. Pity about the fullbacks.

re: missed chances - We only have DJ who can actually finish and we don’t create any chances for him, so no mystery why we made it hard for ourselves. I’m just surprised pleasantly surprised that we actually created some opportunities at all.
What's the craic with Brophy? Is he always that lively? He was causing all manner of problems, making Elliot Hewitt look as bang average as he is. Can't say I've ever really noticed Brophy before.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
What's the craic with Brophy? Is he always that lively? He was causing all manner of problems, making Elliot Hewitt look as bang average as he is. Can't say I've ever really noticed Brophy before.
Yes, Good player, lightening quick, beats 99% of full backs at this level as he's so quick, decent left foot, crap right foot - Could play at a higher level if he keeps his head screwed on.

Ross Embleton insisted on playing him at left back so he could shoe horn more of our other attacking players into the team, he can do a job there but it means his attacking qualities can't be fully utilised and his defending isn't his strong point.

This pissed our fans off as he is by far our most threatening attacking player and of course it ultimately leads to Embleton getting sacked and the first thing Jobi McAnuff does is put him in the position he's strongest and best suited in.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Yes, Good player, lightening quick, beats 99% of full backs at this level as he's so quick, decent left foot, crap right foot - Could play at a higher level if he keeps his head screwed on.

Ross Embleton insisted on playing him at left back so he could shoe horn more of our other attacking players into the team, he can do a job there but it means his attacking qualities can't be fully utilised and his defending isn't his strong point.

This pissed our fans off as he is by far our most threatening attacking player and of course it ultimately leads to Embleton getting sacked and the first thing Jobi McAnuff does is put him in the position he's strongest and best suited in.
I obviously don't know the player but I'm always very wary of moving a good attacking full backs forward to the wing. I think half of what makes a good attacking full back is the run starting from deep. Move them forward 10-20 yards and more often than not they're lost.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
I obviously don't know the player but I'm always very wary of moving a good attacking full backs forward to the wing. I think half of what makes a good attacking full back is the run starting from deep. Move them forward 10-20 yards and more often than not they're lost.

He’s a good winger who can play fullback, rather than the other way round. He played left back against your woeful mob so you didn’t see much of him over the halfway line. I fully expect him to rip Bwonomo to shreds in the return fixture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!