Tuesday 7 Feb/Saturday 11 Feb

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
The last time vale got relegated from this division they were 3rd in October and midtable at Christmas and basically didn't hit the bottom 4 till the last game of the season when all we had to do is score at Fleetwood and we would have stayed up but instead we drew nil nil and went down. The transfer window then was bad sold jak Alnwick to rangers, sold Anthony grant to somebody and loan signing Alex Jones who had around 7 goals by them decided go to Bradford for the 2nd half of the season instead. This transfer window has been nearly as bad sold Connor hall a good steady centre back decent in the air and replaced him with a young lad from forest and signed Taylor on loan from Oxford who is basically injured at the moment so no point signing an injured striker when you already had 3 strikers injured anyway.
Let's hope eh. Just for you

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Only thing really to say is I keep seeing some Vale fans bemoaning the lack of any forwards but it’s missing the point really. We are far too easy to score against. If you are short of forwards then while it makes it harder for you to win it doesn’t stop you setting up to stop the other team and getting a point that way. Tom Conlon at a recent fans forum said they wanted to be known as a really nasty team to come up against but they’re anything but that.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
We’ve well and truly messed up this season. Play offs at best now. Unless either Plymouth or Wednesday have a drastic fall off like we did, then they’re up.

PPG wise, there’s 4 play off teams fighting it out for 3-6th. Surely we can’t go lower than 6th :ffs:

Lack of concentration gave away the two goals today and could have been more. Second half, we switched sides, literally! Could have been more for us, regular mistakes by Wednesday. Second half is what the beginning of the season was like.
Taken 4 points from Plymouth and Ipswich is good enough for me

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We’re in a right mess. Fuck knows how we get out of this.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Massive game Tuesday. We're shocking in general at the moment but especially away from home, so it's a big chance for you to pick up 3 points.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Do any of the Ipswich/Wednesday lads on here know what the penalty was given for today? I missed it and can’t find it anywhere.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Fortunately, you play us on Tuesday.

All joking aside though, we simply have to beat Cambridge on Tuesday because otherwise we are in serious trouble.

First half today was absolutely embarrassing. The World and his wife knows that Accrington are struggling in defence, so we decide to let them control the game and don't put them under any pressure whatsoever. As bad as we were in the first half though, second half we absolutely dominated. Alfie May has missed an absolute sitter and Sercombe has seen the Accy keeper make a great save.

The ref was shite, but that seems par for the course these days, and Accy's antics in the last 20 mins were absolutely shocking - and I say that as a defender of such tactics. I don't understand why they were doing it though, they need the wins more than we do.

All in all, we simply need to beat Cambridge on Tuesday - lose and I think we may well be in League 2 next season. It is that bad.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Do any of the Ipswich/Wednesday lads on here know what the penalty was given for today? I missed it and can’t find it anywhere.

Supposedly an elbow into Burns but the ref/lino couldn’t be sure who it was, hence no bookings. I personally didn’t see anything being over at the other end of the ground

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Fortunately, you play us on Tuesday.

All joking aside though, we simply have to beat Cambridge on Tuesday because otherwise we are in serious trouble.

First half today was absolutely embarrassing. The World and his wife knows that Accrington are struggling in defence, so we decide to let them control the game and don't put them under any pressure whatsoever. As bad as we were in the first half though, second half we absolutely dominated. Alfie May has missed an absolute sitter and Sercombe has seen the Accy keeper make a great save.

The ref was shite, but that seems par for the course these days, and Accy's antics in the last 20 mins were absolutely shocking - and I say that as a defender of such tactics. I don't understand why they were doing it though, they need the wins more than we do.

All in all, we simply need to beat Cambridge on Tuesday - lose and I think we may well be in League 2 next season. It is that bad.
The Vale lads are probably reading this with agreement!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We’ve well and truly messed up this season. Play offs at best now. Unless either Plymouth or Wednesday have a drastic fall off like we did, then they’re up.

PPG wise, there’s 4 play off teams fighting it out for 3-6th. Surely we can’t go lower than 6th :ffs:

Lack of concentration gave away the two goals today and could have been more. Second half, we switched sides, literally! Could have been more for us, regular mistakes by Wednesday. Second half is what the beginning of the season was like.
Well in that case we should promote Sheff Wed and Plymouth and just go straight to the play-offs
Bollox Bolton, Derby and Barnsley may only have 20% of getting that second spot but i doubt our fans are glass half empty like Ipswich fans are showing to be.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Only thing really to say is I keep seeing some Vale fans bemoaning the lack of any forwards but it’s missing the point really. We are far too easy to score against. If you are short of forwards then while it makes it harder for you to win it doesn’t stop you setting up to stop the other team and getting a point that way. Tom Conlon at a recent fans forum said they wanted to be known as a really nasty team to come up against but they’re anything but that.

Today he got it wrong and should of started Forrester and Ojo, we had zero height and Shrewsbury are very much a set piece team in terms of goals so made no sense why he didn’t put some height in there.

Generally we’ve been decent enough with set pieces for and against this season but today that’s cost us in a game we probably could of won with basic defending.

The main issue without a striker is again we’ve dominated chances as per a few games in this run but not taken enough. Granted with scored two which in itself is only the second time since December 2nd.

We are in a major rut and whilst there are some good parts to our play we need strikers and get back to basics. Huge three games now where we just need something to stop the rot.

Worry is now if DJ is out for a period we are stuck with playing Donnelly who doesn’t seem ready despite a solid debut at Cheltenham.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Well in that case we should promote Sheff Wed and Plymouth and just go straight to the play-offs
Bollox Bolton, Derby and Barnsley may only have 20% of getting that second spot but i doubt our fans are glass half empty like Ipswich fans are showing to be.

If it wasn’t for our first 10 games, we wouldn’t be in the top 6

We’ve fallen away from a good start so many times, not just in league 1. It’s turning into a common scenario at the club.

The first time looking at the form tables that you would see us in the top 6 is actually if you look at the form table as long as the last 24 games..

If you change the total games setting, any shorter form tables do not show us in the top 6.

I wouldn’t say glass half empty fans, if that was the case, we wouldn’t have had 27k home fans there still today.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

Just seen this video from the town forum. Around 6:40 is the reason the penalty was given

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Today he got it wrong and should of started Forrester and Ojo, we had zero height and Shrewsbury are very much a set piece team in terms of goals so made no sense why he didn’t put some height in there.

Generally we’ve been decent enough with set pieces for and against this season but today that’s cost us in a game we probably could of won with basic defending.

The main issue without a striker is again we’ve dominated chances as per a few games in this run but not taken enough. Granted with scored two which in itself is only the second time since December 2nd.

We are in a major rut and whilst there are some good parts to our play we need strikers and get back to basics. Huge three games now where we just need something to stop the rot.

Worry is now if DJ is out for a period we are stuck with playing Donnelly who doesn’t seem ready despite a solid debut at Cheltenham.

If you concede three as we have done in two of our three most recent games no amount of strikers are going to dig you out of that rut. Focus on keeping clean sheets and the rest will take care of itself. Forrester should be playing no doubt. Hopefully Cass can be back before long also as he was starting to look good before he picked up an injury.

I think it’s being a little bit dramatic to be honest. We are in no worse a shape than Bristol Rovers or Oxford really. Win on Tuesday and we are back in the top half. I’d also say I’d have some concern if during this run the bottom four had closed the gap significantly. It’s narrowed by a couple of points so as bad as our results might have been there’s still some serious dogshit below at the moment.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If you concede three as we have done in two of our three most recent games no amount of strikers are going to dig you out of that rut. Focus on keeping clean sheets and the rest will take care of itself. Forrester should be playing no doubt. Hopefully Cass can be back before long also as he was starting to look good before he picked up an injury.

I think it’s being a little bit dramatic to be honest. We are in no worse a shape than Bristol Rovers or Oxford really. Win on Tuesday and we are back in the top half. I’d also say I’d have some concern if during this run the bottom four had closed the gap significantly. It’s narrowed by a couple of points so as bad as our results might have been there’s still some serious dogshit below at the moment.
It can change quick, 7 points from the next three for example and we are two wins off feet up, but the longer the run goes on the more pressure and stress there will be.

It’s just incredibly frustrating again we are playing with no strikers to start no Worrall, Ojo, Cass and pretty much felt like a write off at 2pm.

It’s hard enough at this level with two fit strikers let alone none.

Rumours swirling around are doing nothing for the mood either around the place, latest one is Wilson and Harrison have had a scrap and the club are investigating hence neither are back… if that was true why would it take weeks to investigate it!

Then all of a sudden today everyone knew the team first thing this morning!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
If it wasn’t for our first 10 games, we wouldn’t be in the top 6

We’ve fallen away from a good start so many times, not just in league 1. It’s turning into a common scenario at the club.

The first time looking at the form tables that you would see us in the top 6 is actually if you look at the form table as long as the last 24 games..

If you change the total games setting, any shorter form tables do not show us in the top 6.

I wouldn’t say glass half empty fans, if that was the case, we wouldn’t have had 27k home fans there still today.
You was playing the likely Champions today so i think a draw is not a bad result
Hence why also you got 27k on.
Expectations are high at portman road after the investment your owners have put into the club.
Buying players for seven figure fees is not a guarantee of promotion
Get behind your team for the rest of the season you may never know where you will end up in May, but dont put other clubs in the top 6 down.....They are every bit as good as you

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Get the fuck in!!! 6 wins on the bounce and we continue to push the top 6!! Just wish Barnsley would lose.

Almost had a heart attack when the 4th official pulled up 7 minutes at the end there but we thankfully saw the game through. Even better that we won that without Pennington and Flanagan and had to play two CM’s at CB. Bloody love this team and club! I’m off for a beer… GET IN SALOP!!

Onto Exeter on Tuesday.
Congratulations on your three points on Tuesday. Bowman with at least 2

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
You was playing the likely Champions today so i think a draw is not a bad result
Hence why also you got 27k on.
Expectations are high at portman road after the investment your owners have put into the club.
Buying players for seven figure fees is not a guarantee of promotion
Get behind your team for the rest of the season you may never know where you will end up in May, but dont put other clubs in the top 6 down.....They are every bit as good as you
Fans weren’t there just because we are playing the likely champions, they were there because we still DO have a chance of promotion. If they were “glass half empty” fans, they wouldn’t bother going to the game as they would think the season is over.
Fans are frustrated that the season is looking so similar to many seasons with wasted opportunities.
How am I putting the other top 6 down? It’s a simple point to make that after Wednesdays game in hand, the top two could be 8 points ahead of the rest. Unless their form drops off massively, 8 points is a good advantage to sit on with only a third of the season left.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Keep writing us off folks, 30 more points required from 18 games is all we need I rekon.

The best thing about Ipswich, Derby and Bolton making the play offs this season is at least two of them will lose. Weird fanbases

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Keep writing us off folks, 30 more points required from 18 games is all we need I rekon.

The best thing about Ipswich, Derby and Bolton making the play offs this season is at least two of them will lose. Weird fanbases

Who’s still writing Plymouth off? I certainly haven’t been.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
It can change quick, 7 points from the next three for example and we are two wins off feet up, but the longer the run goes on the more pressure and stress there will be.

It’s just incredibly frustrating again we are playing with no strikers to start no Worrall, Ojo, Cass and pretty much felt like a write off at 2pm.

Rumours swirling around are doing nothing for the mood either around the place, latest one is Wilson and Harrison have had a scrap and the club are investigating hence neither are back… if that was true why would it take weeks to investigate it!

That Wilson and Harrison one has done the rounds for ages. Wilson gets injured tying his shoelaces never mind fighting and even if they did have a ruck so what? That happens all the time. DC names the team for a Saturday game usually on Thursday so anyone walking past training and sees them doing the walkthrough would be able to work it out. I don’t think it’s any deeper than that.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Fans weren’t there just because we are playing the likely champions, they were there because we still DO have a chance of promotion. If they were “glass half empty” fans, they wouldn’t bother going to the game as they would think the season is over.
Fans are frustrated that the season is looking so similar to many seasons with wasted opportunities.
How am I putting the other top 6 down? It’s a simple point to make that after Wednesdays game in hand, the top two could be 8 points ahead of the rest. Unless their form drops off massively, 8 points is a good advantage to sit on with only a third of the season left.

You’ll know better on your own team than me (plus matters at the top of the table are not really our concern) but there is a potential argument going out and spending big on a few players in January could have temporarily unsettled your squad a bit maybe? I’d still back you to go up even if it meant doing it in the playoffs and speaking from experience last season if you did go up that route it is extremely enjoyable.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

What encourages me was that was far from our best team today but I still think we look a better team than them today and they've just won 6 on the bounce. Wilson or Harrison on with Proctor from the start and we win that game comfortably, as we wouldn't have given away those goals from set pieces either.

Once we cut out the silly goals we concede and get strikers back, I think we'll be fine. We probably should have got 7 out of 9 points from Derby, Cheltenham and Accrington and we got 2. Fine margins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!