Vaccination passports at the football

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
With talk of covid vaccination passports being used to allow fans into the ground when that happens, what do people think about it?

Clubs desperately need to start admitting fans but it could be a double-edged sword if it comes with the withdrawal of other support from the Premier League etc.

Just looking at comments people have made on forums such as this one and our own forum, it seems that older and vulnerable people who are more likely to have recieved the vaccine are less likely to rush back to big events. This could leave clubs struggling to sell season tickets, with various people either worried about the safety of returning or worried about whether it makes financial sense for them to buy a sesason ticket.

It's a bigger issue too for events such as gigs and venues like bars and clubs whose main demographic are likely to be among the last to be vaccinated but football clubs will be looking to get a large portion of their income by selling season tickets at a time where there is still uncertainty.

The problem as I see it is if the government tries to make out that everything is back to normal when there are still large numbers of people waiting for the vaccine and large numbers also who aren't confident that it is safe to attend. It could be a long time before clubs are able to sell tickets as easily as they normally do but these difficulties could be forgotten about / swept aside in the government's clamour to claim a big PR victory over the pandemic.

In addition to this the government's timetable for rollout of vaccines makes no mention of those between the ages of 16 and 18 who have no underlying health conditions and no mention at all of those under the age of 16. If these people can't attend games until they are vaccinated then this could be a large group of potential fans missing, not to mention a missed opportunity for clubs to secure the loyalties of younger fans.

All of this is assuming that the rollout timetable is achievable, which they keep assuring us it is but then we see governments of different countries squabbling over supplies so can't rule out the vaccination programme grinding to a halt should there be some supply issue.

Think it is one way to get fans in and clubs need that, but they will also need support for the struggles of coming out of lockdown for a good long while after lockdown ends.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’ve had my first dose (2nd in June) but I’m not keen on the idea of domestic passports like this, I do think it’s too far even though being vaccinated I would be covered with it. I can understand foreign travel though.

That said if they are imposed by the U.K. government and it allows fans to get in the ground especially at our level then what will be will be.

At our level we need fans in the ground next season for sure, we are benefited from a huge ground so a decent amount should be allowed in even if a set % restriction come August but clubs at this level with smaller grounds need to be allowed to get the majority of their fans in to keep financially viable.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
With talk of covid vaccination passports being used to allow fans into the ground when that happens, what do people think about it?

Clubs desperately need to start admitting fans but it could be a double-edged sword if it comes with the withdrawal of other support from the Premier League etc.

Just looking at comments people have made on forums such as this one and our own forum, it seems that older and vulnerable people who are more likely to have recieved the vaccine are less likely to rush back to big events. This could leave clubs struggling to sell season tickets, with various people either worried about the safety of returning or worried about whether it makes financial sense for them to buy a sesason ticket.

It's a bigger issue too for events such as gigs and venues like bars and clubs whose main demographic are likely to be among the last to be vaccinated but football clubs will be looking to get a large portion of their income by selling season tickets at a time where there is still uncertainty.

The problem as I see it is if the government tries to make out that everything is back to normal when there are still large numbers of people waiting for the vaccine and large numbers also who aren't confident that it is safe to attend. It could be a long time before clubs are able to sell tickets as easily as they normally do but these difficulties could be forgotten about / swept aside in the government's clamour to claim a big PR victory over the pandemic.

In addition to this the government's timetable for rollout of vaccines makes no mention of those between the ages of 16 and 18 who have no underlying health conditions and no mention at all of those under the age of 16. If these people can't attend games until they are vaccinated then this could be a large group of potential fans missing, not to mention a missed opportunity for clubs to secure the loyalties of younger fans.

All of this is assuming that the rollout timetable is achievable, which they keep assuring us it is but then we see governments of different countries squabbling over supplies so can't rule out the vaccination programme grinding to a halt should there be some supply issue.

Think it is one way to get fans in and clubs need that, but they will also need support for the struggles of coming out of lockdown for a good long while after lockdown ends.
You only have to look at figures across the world to see that we are far from being out of the woods. Global daily cases haven't been below 200,000 since July the 6th 2020. They are currently around 600,000 daily. Just because BloJo thinks its all fine now means nothing.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

As far as people who haven't yet received a vaccine are concerned, I understand that they would just need to have proof of a negative test in the days prior to the match. Anyone can get tested for free now at any testing site without a reason. It would be a pain in the arse having to pop to a testing site once a week before a game, but not a huge inconvenience for most people.

If anything, at least this might mean a few of the absolute loons stay away from the footy.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
As far as people who haven't yet received a vaccine are concerned, I understand that they would just need to have proof of a negative test in the days prior to the match. Anyone can get tested for free now at any testing site without a reason. It would be a pain in the arse having to pop to a testing site once a week before a game, but not a huge inconvenience for most people.

If anything, at least this might mean a few of the absolute loons stay away from the footy.
The David Icke fan club.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

That's weird. I was genuinely thinking about posting something similar re the loons at footy but I thought it might be a ridiculous statement. As you've posted it I'll agree :)

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Being of an age where i have had both dosses of the vaccine i am still unsure about going back to the footy! if we were told we could go back next week i dont think i would, but then again this virus is going nowhere its with us forever just like the flu so at some point we have to just get on with life either that or waste away at home and have no life at all.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Being of an age where i have had both dosses of the vaccine i am still unsure about going back to the footy! if we were told we could go back next week i dont think i would, but then again this virus is going nowhere its with us forever just like the flu so at some point we have to just get on with life either that or waste away at home and have no life at all.
Missing going to watch football but not missing the pub. This pandemic has made me realise just how much it costs for a night out on the beer. My pub visits will be rare.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Not wanting to go too far into Coronavirus discussions but I think you are right Bone Idle. With half the British population vaccinated (at least once) and the number of deaths and people being admitted to hospitals falling - which are the really important numbers going forward - then we have to start seriously thinking about a return to 'normal' life. As you said, we currently live with the ongoing risk with the flu, which contributes about 20,000 deaths per year even with vaccines and we are going to have to do something similar. I'd like to see the sanitation going into shops remaining and suspect mask wearing may be required for some time but I think it's time for a roadmap back into normality and how we are going to effectively live with the virus, as like flu, its not going to fully disappear.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Missing going to watch football but not missing the pub. This pandemic has made me realise just how much it costs for a night out on the beer. My pub visits will be rare.

During the pandemic we decided to sell our flat in London and move further into the country. We were lucky that we could buy a house with a decent sized garden, so my pub visits (aside from the long weekend walks via a country pub or 2) are likely to be much fewer. I'm happy enough to get some booze in from Aldi and invite friends and family around to sit in the garden rather than go and spend the best part of a fiver on a drink surrounded by strangers (with the risk of an irritating drunken twat or 4)

I'm not really missing going to the football much either to be honest, think i've totally lost the buzz of it all.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Out of curiosity, if you've been given the two doses (and left it for 3 or 4 weeks for the second dose to boost you) why wouldn't you go back to the football? I don't understand why anyone wouldn't from a medical point of view.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Out of curiosity, if you've been given the two doses (and left it for 3 or 4 weeks for the second dose to boost you) why wouldn't you go back to the football? I don't understand why anyone wouldn't from a medical point of view.

Because he supports Newport! ;) (just messing Bone Idle)

I'd use the same excuse currently to avoid having to watch my shower as well tbf! :)

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

First dose is enough short term as well but I can understand the fear some will have to go back to it (not helped by the media)... what must be noted i believe I read the other day such a tiny fraction of transmission occurs outdoors.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
I agree rob! and thats why the only pub i frequent today is the tesco arms.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I’ve had my first dose (2nd in June) but I’m not keen on the idea of domestic passports like this, I do think it’s too far even though being vaccinated I would be covered with it. I can understand foreign travel though.

That said if they are imposed by the U.K. government and it allows fans to get in the ground especially at our level then what will be will be.

At our level we need fans in the ground next season for sure, we are benefited from a huge ground so a decent amount should be allowed in even if a set % restriction come August but clubs at this level with smaller grounds need to be allowed to get the majority of their fans in to keep financially viable.
you had your 1st dose on the 2nd June? either that's a typo or a Devon Lad type fantasy.....

Edit - miss read it - sorry for the comparison to Deven Lad....

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
It's a personal choice luke! at the moment i still dont feel confident enough to attend a large event, but i think that will pass as time goes on.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
During the pandemic we decided to sell our flat in London and move further into the country. We were lucky that we could buy a house with a decent sized garden, so my pub visits (aside from the long weekend walks via a country pub or 2) are likely to be much fewer. I'm happy enough to get some booze in from Aldi and invite friends and family around to sit in the garden rather than go and spend the best part of a fiver on a drink surrounded by strangers (with the risk of an irritating drunken twat or 4)

I'm not really missing going to the football much either to be honest, think i've totally lost the buzz of it all.
I just miss seeing the people at the game and taking a week or fortnights frustration out on some poor (in many ways) linesman. Luckily i moved to a flat with a garden so have now become a poor mans Monty Don, or a paupers Geoff Hamilton.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
They don’t yet know for sure how effective the vaccines are against other variants, such as South African or Brazilian ones. It’s going to be a while before we can be fully confident, especially those who might have an underlying health condition.

I’m not sure how I sit with vaccine passports, I think they should probably only be used for foreign travel. But whatever they do I don’t think they should be used unless the vaccine programme is open to everyone.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Don’t see a problem with them. If you have a medical reason for not having a vaccine then you can be exempt, otherwise do your fucking bit, get that stuff in your veins and get on with it.

Anyone who doesn’t shouldn’t be allowed to go out in to crowded places. End of.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Don’t see a problem with them. If you have a medical reason for not having a vaccine then you can be exempt, otherwise do your fucking bit, get that stuff in your veins and get on with it.

Hang on, no one has said don’t have a vaccine. It’s about vaccine passports.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
But how do you know if someone’s had one without a passport?

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
But how do you know if someone’s had one without a passport?
Well if you really wanted to, everyone who gets a jab is given a card with their details, dates and vaccine type.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Some of us live in places with large populations. Are you advocating house arrest for those who haven't been vaccinated because in some towns and cities everywhere is crowded.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Some of us live in places with large populations. Are you advocating house arrest for those who haven't been vaccinated because in some towns and cities everywhere is crowded.

I live on the outskirts of Gloucester these days which is a pretty decent size. I work in Reading, which isn’t small either. By crowded I mean pubs, clubs and sporting/music events. Stuff like that.

If people want to attend these places they need to have proof they’ve been vaccinated imo. Otherwise you are risking people’s health. Can’t see a problem.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I live on the outskirts of Gloucester these days which is a pretty decent size. I work in Reading, which isn’t small either. By crowded I mean pubs, clubs and sporting/music events. Stuff like that.

If people want to attend these places they need to have proof they’ve been vaccinated imo. Otherwise you are risking people’s health. Can’t see a problem.
If the vaccines work (and all the scientific evidence suggests they are extremely effective), then anyone going in to a crowded space without having a jab would actually be putting themselves at risk. Not anyone else.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Have a look at the Worldometer coronavirus site and tell me how we are out of this thing. Brazil is constantly creating new variants of this thing and spreading them. Some are not responding to vaccines. Treating people like lepers is no way to respond to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!