Wednesday offering season ticket refunds

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
It's not too bad, you've spent a lot but you could cash in £10m+ on players like Lee, Bannan, Forestieri etc at anytime.

Abdi likely to get a chance under the new gaffer? Amazed Bullen didn't give him a go.

I hope you mean altogether and not each. I personally wouldn't pay 1 million for bannan, 1FF is quality , don't know too much on the other

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I hope you mean altogether and not each. I personally wouldn't pay 1 million for bannan, 1FF is quality , don't know too much on the other
Nope, each. Bannan is one of the best midfielders in the league and attracts PL interest in every window, Lee is probably better again, Walkley will definitely say so as I don't think he's Bannan's biggest fan, and Forestieri they've already knocked back huge offers for iirc.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
He was injured for Carlisle, he came on at Forest and did well but Bullencunt then dropped him, I reyt want that prick out of the club too.
Yeah I read the replies to the tweet where Bullen said that Luchkay (sp) will be keeping him in and around the first team, the majority seemed well pissed off.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Nope, each. Bannan is one of the best midfielders in the league and attracts PL interest in every window, Lee is probably better again, Walkley will definitely say so as I don't think he's Bannan's biggest fan, and Forestieri they've already knocked back huge offers for iirc.

:ffs::ffs::ffs: 10m plus for bannan have you been on the pop already on the way up to Manchester. No one would pay near 10m for 1FF either I wouldn't of thought.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
:ffs::ffs::ffs: 10m plus for bannan have you been on the pop already on the way up to Manchester. No one would pay near 10m for 1FF either I wouldn't of thought.
I have yes, nearly in Manchester now thankfully. All trains have been cancelled from Bristol to Manchester today, I was well lucky.

Newcastle bid £12m for 1FF last season I believe, and Burnley wanted Bannan for £7m. I think they'd easily get £30m for them three, none of them would be out of place at a lower PL side.

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
If Lawrence and Cairney are worth around that then so is BB, as much as I don't rate him. That's the market now, much like you lot wanting 10m for the Man City youth.

Reactions: JJH

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
I have yes, nearly in Manchester now thankfully. All trains have been cancelled from Bristol to Manchester today, I was well lucky.

Newcastle bid £12m for 1FF last season I believe, and Burnley wanted Bannan for £7m. I think they'd easily get £30m for them three, none of them would be out of place at a lower PL side.

Doubt we'd get much for Lee now due to his injuries, he's been fucked over by the medical staff, I'd let him rest up the rest of this season then see how he is.

Luke_1884

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Twitter
@Barraclive
Our Lawrence? He was 'only' 5.

It's absurd but they probably could get that much for those mentioned. We sold Jeff Hendrick for 12 million ffs.

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
Details have come through regards the “conditional offer” of a season ticket refund.

It’s a pro-rata refund, so no financial penalty however your details are kept on a list and

1: You instantly lose all your loyalty points (making away tickets almost impossible to buy).
2: You will be refused a season ticket application in the future and
3: You will also be refused a membership card application (which enables a £5 discount on home matches).

Can understand the sentiment wanting to remove negativity but it seems a draconian punishment.
The fact that they were season ticket holders in the first place proves they aren’t casual fans.
Some reasons for a refund might be genuine, illness, long distance travel, unemployment, financial struggles in January.
Also the message from the Chairman seems to be “support me or chose the highway”.
Won’t this attitude divide the fan base? The season ticket offer should never have been made in the first place.

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Details have come through regards the “conditional offer” of a season ticket refund.

It’s a pro-rata refund, so no financial penalty however your details are kept on a list and

1: You instantly lose all your loyalty points (making away tickets almost impossible to buy).
2: You will be refused a season ticket application in the future and
3: You will also be refused a membership card application (which enables a £5 discount on home matches).

Can understand the sentiment wanting to remove negativity but it seems a draconian punishment.
The fact that they were season ticket holders in the first place proves they aren’t casual fans.
Some reasons for a refund might be genuine, illness, long distance travel, unemployment, financial struggles in January.
Also the message from the Chairman seems to be “support me or chose the highway”.
Won’t this attitude divide the fan base? The season ticket offer should never have been made in the first place.

Good on him.

The above conditions don't apply to illness though, that and family issues are the reason to request a refund IMHO anything else is just purely mardiness.

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
Good on him.

The above conditions don't apply to illness though, that and family issues are the reason to request a refund IMHO anything else is just purely mardiness.

It’s a way of punishing, so called “glory hunters” who jumped on the “let’s piss the league” bandwagon after losing the playoff final at Wembley.
But some fans will not like a chairman seeking to punish fans.

It’s like the Chairman’s conditional offer is saying.
‘If you don’t want you season ticket, here’s your money back. Now shut the door behind and don’t darken my path again.
You’re not welcome at SWFC anymore, we only want real fans, now piss off”.

Part of me actually agrees (also it’s quite funny) with him and agrees with you but it’s a dangerous tactic to punish supporters.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Horrendous.

She's been there a week, I bet this was her idea. It echoes what she said to Charlton fans 'if you don't like what we're doing then don't come'. She probably suggested the same thing to Roland but he is far too tight to refund anyone's money.

'This is not your club. If you have the audacity to question decisions made by the regime you may leave but are banished for eternity.'

I highly doubt many if any will get their tickets refunded but the fact they think so little of fans who have concerns is sad and worrying.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
I highly doubt many if any will get their tickets refunded but the fact they think so little of fans who have concerns is sad and worrying.

I think they are hoping no-one does bother by applying these regulations.

They might change their tune had 3-4k taken up the offer for some reason because the board wouldn't want to lose all those supporters!

Ofcourse the best thing they could do is offer discounted prices to regular season tickets if the club really feel that bad about the season...

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Horrendous.

She's been there a week, I bet this was her idea. It echoes what she said to Charlton fans 'if you don't like what we're doing then don't come'. She probably suggested the same thing to Roland but he is far too tight to refund anyone's money.

'This is not your club. If you have the audacity to question decisions made by the regime you may leave but are banished for eternity.'

Nowt to do with her mate.

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC

They might change their tune had 3-4k taken up the offer for some reason because the board wouldn't want to lose all those supporters!

Ofcourse the best thing they could do is offer discounted prices to regular season tickets if the club really feel that bad about the season...
Our ST prices aren't bad and we have 21k of the buggers so why should the club reduce them cos of a bad season on the pitch.

You buy a season ticket in hope not expectation.

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
And they are 1st and 2nd in the league proving my original point even further. I believe you're net spend is the highest of anyone depending on what Rhodes fee is quoted as. Which is why ffp gets mentioned by you're chairman a fair bit as all that he has spent you've not had a bean in return through player sales, where as a lot of other big spending clubs have. Anyway I think my original point is right up to this point in the season , not really seeing any valid argument against it.

I disagree if (when) we lose it wont be one of our worst ever seasons (unless we get relegated).

However if your had stated it would be one of our most disappointing seasons (due to expectations being higher and underachieving) I would agree whole heartedly.

I can see where your coming from but just within the last decade we almost went of existence and finished well below halfway in League 1.
In the 70s we flirted very close to relegation to the 4th tier on a few occasions and went over 12 months without an away win in the old Division 3.

This isn't in the worst 10 in our history, but is currently in the top 2 or 3 for failing to live upto expectations and huge disappointment.
But there is a vast difference between the worst seasons and a most disappointing seasons if you understand what I'm saying.

Nuttall

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
The refund conditions are nowt to do with meire this was put out there before we’d appointed her.

Think the blades fan up there is looking at things through his red and white glasses. Whether they’ve performed well as a team or not this season I don’t think many would doubt we’ve got a team of very good individuals for the level that most would like in their sides and most would command good fees. I’m not his biggest fan but prior to his injury bannan had been our standout performer this season and is without doubt one of the best ball playing midfielders in this division. Lee has been out almost all season and Jim coupled with 1FF not been in the side had for me been the biggest reason we’ve created very little, both would command big fees, maybe not 10million but certainly not much under.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
The refund conditions are nowt to do with meire this was put out there before we’d appointed her.

Think the blades fan up there is looking at things through his red and white glasses. Whether they’ve performed well as a team or not this season I don’t think many would doubt we’ve got a team of very good individuals for the level that most would like in their sides and most would command good fees. I’m not his biggest fan but prior to his injury bannan had been our standout performer this season and is without doubt one of the best ball playing midfielders in this division. Lee has been out almost all season and Jim coupled with 1FF not been in the side had for me been the biggest reason we’ve created very little, both would command big fees, maybe not 10million but certainly not much under.

Which is exactly what I said isn't it, you're team on Friday is still a good team, the only derogatory thing I've said about you is I don't rate bannan and I stand by it, being a good ball mover but not having that killer ball doesn't cut it for me, side to side keeping possession not my idea of a good player, only my opinion though it doesn't mean I'm right and if he's so good why do you and southey not like him so other than that what am I looking at through my red and white glasses.?

Nuttall

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Our team as it is at the moment is lower mid table with the injuries we have, proven by our league position. Bannan has a lot of ability played in the right way, as Carlos always played a rigid 4-4-2 with bannan and Lee central lee would be further up the pitch covering more of the ground whilst bannan sat deep. Whilst he can play that role he’s not as effective there because his killer ball from deep isn’t good enough as you’ve said. If he’s played further up the pitch behind the strikers his movement and ability to play the intricate little passes is what makes him the player he is. Carlos rarely used him where he was best which is probably why a lot of Wednesday fans aren’t overly bothered by that but the average football fan won’t look at things like I just have, they’ll say he’s not doing a lot in the role he’s been asked to play which is fair enough. My opinion alone whilst I like bannan more advanced I prefer Lee anyway which is why I wouldn’t necessarily play bannan but it doesn’t mean I don’t rate him, for me lee is too good for this division and is an extremely clever player.

The red and white glasses thing is with regards to the fees you’re saying our players would command, given the money flying around these days there isn’t many in our first 11 that would go for under 5million

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Our team as it is at the moment is lower mid table with the injuries we have, proven by our league position. Bannan has a lot of ability played in the right way, as Carlos always played a rigid 4-4-2 with bannan and Lee central lee would be further up the pitch covering more of the ground whilst bannan sat deep. Whilst he can play that role he’s not as effective there because his killer ball from deep isn’t good enough as you’ve said. If he’s played further up the pitch behind the strikers his movement and ability to play the intricate little passes is what makes him the player he is. Carlos rarely used him where he was best which is probably why a lot of Wednesday fans aren’t overly bothered by that but the average football fan won’t look at things like I just have, they’ll say he’s not doing a lot in the role he’s been asked to play which is fair enough. My opinion alone whilst I like bannan more advanced I prefer Lee anyway which is why I wouldn’t necessarily play bannan but it doesn’t mean I don’t rate him, for me lee is too good for this division and is an extremely clever player.

The red and white glasses thing is with regards to the fees you’re saying our players would command, given the money flying around these days there isn’t many in our first 11 that would go for under 5million

Fair enough I am only going on when I see bannan you obviously see and know more than me so that explains why I said I wouldn't want him in my teams midfield hence the fee I quoted for him. I also said 1FF was quality but I don't think anyone would pay 10m for him and in all honesty I know fuck all about Lee which is why I never commented on him but you all seem to like him I just can't recall seeing much of him at all.

Nuttall

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Lee is the kind that goes about his business and you never really notice what he does until he isn’t there anymore, then you realise how much you miss him.

We’ve currently got jacob fuckin butterfield playing in his place and that c*** int fit to lace my boots never my lee’s

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

I'm not so sure.

If it's anything like at our place then they just want rid of anyone who is anyway negative towards what they are doing, can't handle criticism.

They don't feel bad about the season, that much is evident when looking at those conditions. It's purely about banishing fans who don't agree with the way the club is run.

Nowt to do with her mate.

Fair enough.

It does absolutely reek of her though, if this is the avenue that Chansiri is going down it makes sense that she's been bought in as CEO as it aligns with her idea of how a football club should be run, 'the like it or lump it' approach.

Nuttall

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Tbf if a ‘fan’ wants a refund mid season because we aren’t winning every week they deserve fuckin banning!

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Lee is the kind that goes about his business and you never really notice what he does until he isn’t there anymore, then you realise how much you miss him.

We’ve currently got jacob fuckin butterfield playing in his place and that c*** int fit to lace my boots never my lee’s

Strange loan swap that one

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Tbf if a ‘fan’ wants a refund mid season because we aren’t winning every week they deserve fuckin banning!

As a football fan, I'd like to think people were only ever requesting refunds out of frustration and would never actually take the money, who knows though.

The sad aspect for me is that rather than taking responsibility or trying to put fan's mind at rest, a chairman has basically just said 'well fuck off then, you're not that important' .

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
As a football fan, I'd like to think people were only ever requesting refunds out of frustration and would never actually take the money, who knows though.

The sad aspect for me is that rather than taking responsibility or trying to put fan's mind at rest, a chairman has basically just said 'well fuck off then, you're that important' .
His lad has had some stick on social media which has fucked him off.

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Well done Chansiri we need rid of these bandwagon jumping, moaning cock ends. Nothing to do with the new CEO, Chansiri is also holding an open fans forum on Thursday to discuss pricing going forward. He's far from detatched from the fans not caring about us, in fact he's probably too far the other way sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!