Week ending 30th October

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
You.mean like the referee's watch? You know, the thing that decides the minimum amount of stoppage time added on at the end of each half? :ffs:
So why isn’t there 15 minutes of stoppage time at the end of each half then, if the system is working correctly.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
So why isn’t there 15 minutes of stoppage time at the end of each half then, if the system is working correctly.

Because this isn't the USA where every match in most sports is slow, continually devoid of any momentum or flow until the very latter stages and long-winded.

We'd be having games lasting two hours following your recommendation.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Not sure why this video has been pasted on the League 2 Forum.
Top right hand corner shows it is Bradford College v Apprentices.
Amateurs and inexperienced players so their standard of play obvious not up to League standards.
To draw any conclusion from this small clip is false.

BTW I took advice from gtFISH and put on my SpecSaver spectacles to view video. :woo:

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Adams is a talented lad but someone really needs to have a word with him about the time he spends on the floor. He would be a better player for it.

We have definitely improved our shithousery which was non existent under Askey. I'm certain it cost us at least a playoff spot in the curtailed season as we lost a ridiculous amount of points from winning positions due to our naivety.

I'm all for a bit of time wasting here and there but I dislike diving, especially if there is a chance on without it.

A word?. Adams needs a right good battering from some nasty opposition player, done on the sly of course. Two players from our distant past Sir Bobby Campbell and Micky Kennedy would have sorted him and the other shithouse FGR players, that's for sure, probably worth a sending off for

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
As fans, do you genuinely not have any degree of shame or at lesst embarrassment as to how FGR conduct themselves in that side of the game? Or do you really believe others act similarly to that same extent?

Its not even a one off is it mate. Every time they have played us home and away they have been the same. Genuinely didn't think they would still be like that after getting rid of that shithouse of a manager Cooper

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Its not even a one off is it mate. Every time they have played us home and away they have been the same. Genuinely didn't think they would still be like that after getting rid of that shithouse of a manager Cooper
I'll agree that seemingly each time FGR play Bradford the game is less than impressive.
Earlier this season FGR were playing the most attractive attacking game in league. But of late they are grinding out results. Whether that is the fear factor of being top of table, I know not.
Just a shame that in front of FGR's biggest crowd of season they did not do the team justice.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
You.mean like the referee's watch? You know, the thing that decides the minimum amount of stoppage time added on at the end of each half? :ffs:

Sorry Dan, think you need to re-read the rules of the game you clueless tit. You don’t add on any time at the end of the first half, you play it after half time as a second half before the regular third half kicks off. Not difficult.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
They stop the clock during stoppages in international rugby union don’t they?

Don’t think it would work so well in football although it would cut out time wasting. Also holding the ball in the corner should count as obstruction.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
They stop the clock during stoppages in international rugby union don’t they?

Don’t think it would work so well in football although it would cut out time wasting. Also holding the ball in the corner should count as obstruction.

In all of rugby union whenever there is a stoppage the clock is stopped by the referee. Because the game is way more physical it is very stop start with players constantly needing treatment. In theory whenever a physio is allowed on in football the referee should be stopping his watch. It's really difficult in football to actually know if the adequate amount of time is being allowed because there is so much pissing about by players these days. Jonny Williams is our leader of this nonsense, I wish he'd get on with the game more than he does but I suppose it's the way of breaking up the game and not allowing the opponent to get into a rhythm etc.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Also holding the ball in the corner should count as obstruction.
Why? Should the goal keeper and the 4 defenders passing it around at the back also count as obstruction? If the ball is legitimately in play then what's the issue?

Where would you also draw the line re the corner? It would be such a grey area on what you could or couldn't do.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Obstruction is an interesting one and something that seemingly is open to interpretation. The rule states 'by preventing the opponent making a legitimate tackle on the player with the ball, a player would be guilty of obstruction'. Holding the ball in the corner in that case would seem to be ok unless the person defending physically holds the opposite player off with arms/backside therefore not allowing him to try and put in a tackle.

At least that would be my interpretation.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Why? Should the goal keeper and the 4 defenders passing it around at the back also count as obstruction? If the ball is legitimately in play then what's the issue?

Where would you also draw the line re the corner? It would be such a grey area on what you could or couldn't do.

Because players pissing around holding the ball in the corner is tedious to watch.

No grey area. If you fuck about shielding the ball in the corner for more then 10 seconds it’s a free kick for obstruction and a yellow card. I would also reinforce the 10 second goalkeeper ball in hand rule. And also that if a keeper sits down for ‘treatment’ in the last 10 minutes, if there is no booking they have to go off the pitch in the same way an outfield player would, and rejoin at the half way line.

Anything else, for example passing it around in defence is acceptable, as the opposition can at least try and close you down.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sorry Dan, think you need to re-read the rules of the game you clueless tit. You don’t add on any time at the end of the first half, you play it after half time as a second half before the regular third half kicks off. Not difficult.

Moderately amusing. You'll get there.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Because players pissing around holding the ball in the corner is tedious to watch.

No grey area. If you fuck about shielding the ball in the corner for more then 10 seconds it’s a free kick for obstruction and a yellow card. I would also reinforce the 10 second goalkeeper ball in hand rule. And also that if a keeper sits down for ‘treatment’ in the last 10 minutes, if there is no booking they have to go off the pitch in the same way an outfield player would, and rejoin at the half way line.

Anything else, for example passing it around in defence is acceptable, as the opposition can at least try and close you down.
Is shielding the ball anywhere on the pitch ok? What constitutes 'shielding'? What if there are 2 attackers actually trying to get into the box but can't because there's 4 or 5 players surrounding them? What if the keeper is actually injured? What you're suggesting is ridiculous and unenforceable. Agree re the 10 seconds for the goal keeper to have the ball in the hands, that really irks me.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
If the keeper is actually injured you sub him off. That’s another rule change I’d make, subbing a keeper doesn’t affect your 3 outfield subs.

The idea is to stop teams running down the clock in tedious ways. So stopping teams taking the ball to the corner, taking ages over set pieces or feigning injury would all help with that I think.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

No grey area. If you fuck about shielding the ball in the corner for more then 10 seconds it’s a free kick for obstruction and a yellow card.
Disagree totally, it is an art, even if it hacks you off when you are chasing a game and an opponent does it. Can remember two Rovers players doing it at Kiddy a few years ago, possibly Styche and Norwood, for pretty much the whole of five minutes time added on at the end of the game. The ref gave a number of fouls against the Kiddy players, who then had to retreat ten yards...and possibly a number of corners too...it was clever play by our players, to secure a result, far from being tedious.

I sort of get it with delaying free-kicks and goal kicks, the ref can add extra time on for that or issue a yellow card, but not much they could (or should) do if the ball is in play.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I agree. If the ball is in play the game - and the clock - goes on.

It usually ends in a free kick, though.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
rolling subs, and phsyio's can treat players as the game continues like in rugby.

you either run off the pitch to get your sub on as quick as possible, or you get stretchered off and the game could stop for a genuine serious injuries.

i watch the nfl every sunday and I love how in that, when the play is over, whoever has the ball immediately passes it to the nearest official. that would help stop the kicking of the ball away, everyone knows where they stand. if you are the closest person to the ball and you do not return it to the ref or the exact place that play stopped....yellow card. no ifs no buts. everyone knows where they stand. easy for refs to police.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
If the keeper is actually injured you sub him off. That’s another rule change I’d make, subbing a keeper doesn’t affect your 3 outfield subs.
I know they likely more often than not fake it, but what if a keeper genuinely has cramp? You'd book him or demand he is subbed off?

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

The idea is to stop teams running down the clock in tedious ways. So stopping teams taking the ball to the corner, taking ages over set pieces or feigning injury would all help with that I think.

And start with your club mate with cutting out feigning injuries!

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I know they likely more often than not fake it, but what if a keeper genuinely has cramp? You'd book him or demand he is subbed off?
I think the only reason for a keeper taking a "tactical" injury break is that the ref is more likely to stop the game immediately they see them on the ground...which probably wouldn't happen for an outfield player unless they had a suspected head injury...because the potential for disaster, controversy, a goal to be scored or however you want to describe it, will more than likely be blamed on the ref for not stopping the game.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

No I never said I’d do either. If it’s a genuine injury he can be immediately subbed off, if it’s not then he has to go off for treatment and the game restarts with him off the pitch in the same way it does for an outfield player, unless a booking for an opponent has occurred due to a foul on him.

If all keepers knew they’d have to go off for treatment I bet you’d see far less of them suddenly getting cramp during the last 10 minutes.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Disagree totally, it is an art, even if it hacks you off when you are chasing a game and an opponent does it. Can remember two Rovers players doing it at Kiddy a few years ago, possibly Styche and Norwood, for pretty much the whole of five minutes time added on at the end of the game. The ref gave a number of fouls against the Kiddy players, who then had to retreat ten yards...and possibly a number of corners too...it was clever play by our players, to secure a result, far from being tedious.

I sort of get it with delaying free-kicks and goal kicks, the ref can add extra time on for that or issue a yellow card, but not much they could (or should) do if the ball is in play.

That was the epitome of shithousing our way to a win, but given Kiddy had cheated to get us down to 10 men early on they deserved it.

It’s hilarious when we do it well I agree, but that’s because we’re winning at the time and we’ll take the win any way it comes, but looking at the bigger picture when it’s against us or watching other games it’s tedious and shit.

I remember when Arsenal beat Southampton 1-0 in the FA Cup final the last 10 minutes were a joke, with Arsenal spending most of it pratting about wasting time and going to the corner at every opportunity. No neutral wants to see that.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
No I never said I’d do either. If it’s a genuine injury he can be immediately subbed off, if it’s not then he has to go off for treatment and the game restarts with him off the pitch in the same way it does for an outfield player, unless a booking for an opponent has occurred due to a foul on him.

If all keepers knew they’d have to go off for treatment I bet you’d see far less of them suddenly getting cramp during the last 10 minutes.
What if he has to go off for stitches, bandaging or a replacement shirt? His team have to either continue without a keeper while that happens or make a substitution even though it wasn't an injury that would normally have forced him off?

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

Moral of the story - Foul the keeper and ensure he has to go off the pitch for a while at no fault of his own, so you can score in an empty net until the ref waves him back on. Ideal.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Moral of the story - Foul the keeper and ensure he has to go off the pitch for a while at no fault of his own, so you can score in an empty net until the ref waves him back on. Ideal.

Would be more interesting then the keeper sitting down and everyone going for a drink.

Seriously though, if it’s a foul on the keeper worthy of a yellow then that’s a different thing. Same rule as with outfield players at the moment.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
What if he has to go off for stitches, bandaging or a replacement shirt? His team have to either continue without a keeper while that happens or make a substitution even though it wasn't an injury that would normally have forced him off?

If he has to go off for stitches or bandaging it’s better he gets subbed off anyway, otherwise everyone has to wait while that happens.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Would be more interesting then the keeper sitting down and everyone going for a drink.

Seriously though, if it’s a foul on the keeper worthy of a yellow then that’s a different thing. Same rule as with outfield players at the moment.
I understand your theory and the meaning behind it, but in practice it's an utterly ridiculous thing to suggest happens

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I understand your theory and the meaning behind it, but in practice it's an utterly ridiculous thing to suggest happens
Cast your mind back to Lincoln games when the Cowleys were in charge...their keeper used to sit down regularly at around the 70 minute mark, all the players walked off for a tactical drinks break while he received treatment from the physio, then the match resumed. It was noticed, and commented on, at the time by quite a few people on this forum so I am pretty sure it was something they planned to do, rather than having a keeper unable to last 90 minutes without some form of medical intervention.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Cast your mind back to Lincoln games when the Cowleys were in charge...their keeper used to sit down regularly at around the 70 minute mark, all the players walked off for a tactical drinks break while he received treatment from the physio, then the match resumed. It was noticed, and commented on, at the time by quite a few people on this forum so I am pretty sure it was something they planned to do, rather than having a keeper unable to last 90 minutes without some form of medical intervention.

Farman does that now - except it's in the first half, and when we're getting battered. Gives Cooper a chance to change tactics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!