Week ending Saturday 9th April

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
That was bad today. How it finished only 1-0 I’ll never know. Exeter better from start to finish. It was like watching a conference north team pitting their wits against Manchester City.

We’re going to end the season with a whimper, too many players out injured or at best look knackered, unfit and like they’ve downed tools. But a month ago I’d have took that along with staying up any day, so can’t complain.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
How didn’t we win that? Oh yeah, because our forward players couldn’t hit a fucking barn door. Wheels are properly falling off, but we can’t miss huge huge chances like that.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We were the better side but couldn’t take our chances, Hartlepool decent though played some good stuff at times. Losing Matt was a blow hope he’s not out next week as without him and Stevens we’re very short up front.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
We were the better side but couldn’t take our chances, Hartlepool decent though played some good stuff at times. Losing Matt was a blow hope he’s not out next week as without him and Stevens we’re very short up front.
we might get a 0-0 draw then :)

Stripes

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We did create reasonable chances, but running out of someone to put them away. We played ok again though. Pool always looked capable of producing something, and without being able to get a second, the inevitable happened. It was a good goal, with Bogle coming back to haunt us. Matt will be missing for the next two games. So now we are looking makeshift. So very unpredictable finish to the season for us.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
unfortunately Stevenage have Rochdale then Scunthorpe in their next 2 games - and Carlisle last game of the season.
Our last 3 games have seen clean sheets, and seven of nine points gained. If we put in a proper shift against Stevenage I see no reason why we can't take a point home, if not all three.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
i guess at least it’s solidified a few of the playoffs sides at least.

Come on oldham and barrow, nobody wants another irrelevant southern side next season send the c*** down
Hang on a minute, we are already inundated with them down here, you have to take your share. Moreover, we kept losing to them - especially when we had a midfield comprising of lovely boy footballers on loan from u-23 teams (we've a bit of ex-Pools grit in there now).

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Hang on a minute, we are already inundated with them down here, you have to take your share. Moreover, we kept losing to them - especially when we had a midfield comprising of lovely boy footballers on loan from u-23 teams (we've a bit of ex-Pools grit in there now).

not our problem you’re shit

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Absolutely massive win and Amond is just the sort of player you want a chance to fall to in the 6 yard box. Over 400 travelling Grecians made the trek up to Carlisle…So pleased for them.

We’ve got to keep our foot on the gas now. Mansfield winning was obvious and a good win for Vale but I’m pleased that a lot of the others dropped points. Two more wins could be enough to do it. UTC!!

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I feel I'm owed an apology from Pools fans on here after being led to believe they were rubbish and going to roll over. Big fat fibbers.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Tranmere fans, you do realise the officials arent the same guys as last week right? :bg:
Too much to expect a consistent approach from FL referees? Though last week Mr Breakspear couldn’t manage consistency in the same game!

Were Brizzle having an off day? Dominated possession but relatively little to offer on and around goal. Point was a fair result for us given the makeshift line up we put out, but expecting more from the Pirates given their decent form coming into this game.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I feel I'm owed an apology from Pools fans on here after being led to believe they were rubbish and going to roll over. Big fat fibbers.

Aye, I was expecting the stiffs like he alluded to but he pretty much put out a full strength side, what a tinker.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A mental game at Vale Park, first ten-fifteen minutes we were unplayable as per a few times this season and we had three of four chances before Proctor showed good footwork to put us one up after Charsley chased down an Oldham player in our box to dispossess him.

Then out the blue similar to up their place a long cross into the far post headed back for their lad to nod home, carbon copy of the first we let in at Boundary Park and the ghosts of that came back.

Losing Wozza was a blow but brave to throw a striker on at wing back and within a few minutes Edmundson played a lovely ball for Procs to slot home. Atmosphere was superb from both sets of fans but again Oldham equalised right on half time and it felt at that point like a bit of a mugging again. Not sure what the issue is against Oldham. We dealt with Cobblers and aerial bombardments from Salford and Sutton which seem to go to pot at the back against these.

Second half started nervously but we got the upper hand and against missed a couple of good chances before an attack was recycled to Walker who unleashed a stunner into the bottom corner from outside the box. 21st scorer this season for us.

After that we took Edmundson off which was brave and felt for him and threw on Hussey but we just became so sloppy, struggled with the wind and to be fair Oldham had a right go, thankfully we learnt the lessons from the first half and defended very well but it was nerve wracking, we looked tired towards the end and some silly slips but we saw it out and that was a promotion type of win, below par but battled it out to get the result… in November we’d have lost that.

Benning outstanding again, Proctor staying fit it critical for us, Piergianni still impresses, we’d have hit Oldham for 4 both times last season if it wasn’t for him.

Decent to see 7000 Valiants almost in the ground and with the good away following it made for a cracking atmosphere.

Another win ticked off which was crucial knowing Mansfield had essentially a guaranteed win today. Big big Easter weekend coming up but we carry on. 1 loss in 18 and 22 points from 24 has been a remarkable run.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Too much to expect a consistent approach from FL referees? Though last week Mr Breakspear couldn’t manage consistency in the same game!

Were Brizzle having an off day? Dominated possession but relatively little to offer on and around goal. Point was a fair result for us given the makeshift line up we put out, but expecting more from the Pirates given their decent form coming into this game.
Yes, I thought they were pretty average to be honest. They dominated the ball but did not do a great deal with it.

We had half a dozen first team regulars missing, but we created the better chances and should really have won. A draw was fair on the balance of play, but if Nevitt had scored his one v one at the start of the second half it would have been game over.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Seen the Garrity tackle back on video, different angle I had, certainly not two footed and he gets the ball but it’s identical to the Tranmere red card last week isn’t it. 20 years ago great tackle, these days a real tightrope going in like that.

Their lad makes a meal of it which probably helps BG if anything, although should have been a foul on BG at the start of the incident.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Seen the Garrity tackle back on video, different angle I had, certainly not two footed and he gets the ball but it’s identical to the Tranmere red card last week isn’t it. 20 years ago great tackle, these days a real tightrope going in like that.

Their lad makes a meal of it which probably helps BG if anything, although should have been a foul on BG at the start of the incident.
agree with that, i thought it was a nothing tackle in the ground but i can see their point a bit on the replay. its deffo not a blatant red but as you say, one of them 50/50s and to be fair, he did win the ball and was never in danger of injuring the player...but it was a bit studs up. there was actually a very similar tackle from hart I think it was first half but we didn't make a meal of it.

the writhing around in agony bit was comical really and i too think that it helped garrity's case.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I thought we were probably worth the draw on balance. Agree FGR in the ascendancy but we were never out of it. Two good quality goals and a decent response to the Salford defeat. Odusina is vital to get signed up, he was absolutely outstanding today and has been since Lee came in.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Frustrating to lose that, but ultimately the first 25mins we wasn't good enough - the players that came in didn't do well enough and Sutton executed their gameplan well and got a deserved first half lead and in truth if it wasn't for Vigs the game would've been lost early.

Second half for the first 30mins we continued to dominate the ball, we had managed to work 3 good chances against a very organised Sutton side, but didn't take them. Second half we was alot better after Wellens changed our attacking shape, Sutton offered very, very little if anything at all second half and seemed determined to sit with what they had, but at this stage of the season its all about wins not performances if you're playing for something.

Last 15mins we ran out of ideas and Sutton saw the game out with the help of a bit of gamesmenship which the ref didn't really pick up on.

We lost our main 2 full backs Connor Wood and Adam Thompson as well as Harry Smith through Covid, the 2 full backs which came in Dan Moss and Jayden Sweeney aren't good enough and in the first half Sutton exploited that. Ruel Sotiriou is carrying an injury and couldn't start the game.

Think Sutton might fall a bit short, but they've still had an excellent first season here.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I thought we were probably worth the draw on balance. Agree FGR in the ascendancy but we were never out of it. Two good quality goals and a decent response to the Salford defeat. Odusina is vital to get signed up, he was absolutely outstanding today and has been since Lee came in.
For someone who started the season out of the team, he’s been by far our most consistent performer since GL took over. I think it’s inevitable we are going to lose a few in the summer, but we should be doing everything we can to get him tied down.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
For someone who started the season out of the team, he’s been by far our most consistent performer since GL took over. I think it’s inevitable we are going to lose a few in the summer, but we should be doing everything we can to get him tied down.

If we can manage to keep at least one of Molyneux, Odusina and Ferguson we'll of done well, I fear they'll all be off.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Think a draw was fair from what I saw. We were by far a better football team but awful going forward. Tranmere offered very little but we gifted them a couple of one on ones from comical defending, which is pretty rare for us, which gave them the better scoring chances.

Overall I thought there was only one team actually trying to win it, as I didn’t see any urgency in Tranmere pushing for a goal?

Off day for us completely, but our lack of goals is concerning

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Bristol had more of the ball, but that was largely down to systems rather than their technical superiority. A 442 with wide men versus a 4231 (I think), so they were always going to control the centre of midfield.

We were hardly 'gifted' chances. Hemmings and Nevitt are a real threat when the ball is played in behind, and if we don't go up, we at least have a promising strike partnership for next season.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
agree with that, i thought it was a nothing tackle in the ground but i can see their point a bit on the replay. its deffo not a blatant red but as you say, one of them 50/50s and to be fair, he did win the ball and was never in danger of injuring the player...but it was a bit studs up. there was actually a very similar tackle from hart I think it was first half but we didn't make a meal of it.

the writhing around in agony bit was comical really and i too think that it helped garrity's case.

I think the way Garrity dived in if he had got a red for it I don’t think he could have complained much on it or at least he wouldn’t have got any appeal overturned. Felt in general today I think he was trying too hard to maybe prove a point to his former club. It’s fine to play with an edge but you need to channel it right like say Proctor does.

If you were a neutral today I don’t think you could have asked for any more. Some cracking football from us first half, real fight from Oldham and they had us pinned back in the last half an hour or so and a bit of controversy. Made for a great occasion I felt. Could tell how intense a battle it was the way a few of our players dropped to the floor after the final whistle.

Hugely impressed with Mal Benning again. Since coming back into the team his performances have been of a very high level and a lot of the good stuff we did was due to his involvement. Hopefully Gibbo can be good for the next game, regardless if Worrall recovers enough he needs and deserves a rest.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Bristol had more of the ball, but that was largely down to systems rather than their technical superiority. A 442 with wide men versus a 4231 (I think), so they were always going to control the centre of midfield.

We were hardly 'gifted' chances. Hemmings and Nevitt are a real threat when the ball is played in behind, and if we don't go up, we at least have a promising strike partnership for next season.
We gifted you 2 one-on-ones, one of which you scored and the other we saved. I started watching the 2nd half on the 47th minute so missed the one-on-one mentioned on here at the beginning of the 2nd half - so can’t comment.

Apart from those two gifted chances I don’t think any of your players were a threat at all. Neither were ours FWIW, our only real chance was our goal which was also awful defending from yourselves.

An off day for both teams where both probably would have taken the result before the game

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Not really, if you look at our stats we usually dominate possession but hardly have any meaningful shots at goal. Collins is the best we have up front and ive hardly seen Loft to comment on him but he wasn't even in the squad today.
If someone like McKirdy was playing for us we'd be top3 imo - need someone popping up at the right place at the right time who can finish.
As it is we aren't going anywhere.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
FG exeter port vale are all nailed on favourites for the top 3 and anything else would be a massive surprise.

it was good to get the goal difference up at scunthorpe

Last edited:

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
FG exeter port vale are all nailed on favourites for the top 3 and anything else would be a massive surprise.

it was good to get the goal difference up at scunthorpe
I disagree. You have a game in hand and have a fairly easy run in. We've won 7 and drawn 1 of our last eight. We can't possibly sustain that form. If we win the next 2 then I'd say we'd done it but Hartlepool are good at home and Bristol Rovers look strong.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Classic case of smash and grab for Newport at Swindon ?!

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think it’s inevitable we are going to lose a few in the summer
If we can manage to keep at least one of Molyneux, Odusina and Ferguson we'll of done well, I fear they'll all be off.
It frustrates me why it should be inevitable, apparently Ferguson and Molyneux are both off to fucking Harrogate. What do they have over us except a sugar daddy. If they move to a higher league with more money, fine, good luck to them but why can't we compete? We've had cup runs, one of the best supported clubs in the league this season with all gate money etc. A million from the EFL, brand new stadium sponsor and they've put in a few 100 k etc etc

It all boils down to one man and that is Raj Singh. He is basically the Mike Ashley of L2. Offer them what they want and revise the budget accordingly. We will not get better than them at this level. It's clear what we're offering isn't close to what they can get elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!