Welcome Grimsby

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
so don’t you post here now?
Like I said elsewhere, gonna stick with the other place for now at least. Makes sense to me to post somewhere where there are sound people running it.
SOC goes on about me starting a thread talking to myself yet the “Grimsby open top bus parade” thread has 3 posts

Denial
You mean my post that was relating to a long standing forum joke around open top bus parades which was about Grimsby (the team I support) as opposed to yours which was a very sub-standard attempt at a windup that included absolute lies about...*checks notes*...as yes also Grimsby (the team you're obsessed with).

Anyway, if your basketcase club survives the next few days/weeks/months then good luck in the National League mate. Enjoy Andy Woodman and Bromley running across their plastic pitch away from their fans to celebrate an inch in front of your face, enjoy the superb refereeing, enjoy your first ever Devonshiring, enjoy FA Cup Qualifiers and FA Trophy replays taking priority over the league just as you're hitting form, enjoy your Christmas double header with Gateshead, enjoy seeing 12 fans in your away end (although you're probably already used to empty away ends if you go to Scunny away games!) and enjoy all those countless trips to London commuter belt towns.
Wow I'm gobsmacked. SOC won't post on here but is willing to meet up for a pint with 1FF posters. I believe that's a clear case of tapping up. Blatant.
If I was gonna tap up one set of fans then it probably would be The Stag Lads to be fair.
Dunno, the name is very similar to here, think it's One Football Forum. And then the users just copied all the same threads over that they used to use on here. Proper forced job.

Codsy will be back on here in like November, begging it, "wants to stay on there" what's he going to talk about Maidenhead vs Aldershot whilst we're all dropping little titbits bout whether this Jason McAtee can make the step up. He'll come steaming on here throwing hayemakers.

I like him btw, he is a good poster, so I'd rather he came over. I'm glad Grimsby got prmoted. Was a proper, old school football match/day when we went there this season.

But trust me he'll beg it. He'll drunk text this forum at one point. Guarenteed, he's like your ex who's pretending she's moved on by posting snaps of her in Amsterdam with her new fella who's shorter than you. But then you wake up and she's been hitting you up sending stupid messages at 2am on a Saturday morning.

That's Codsy that.
Genuine question, do you actually read my posts?

Interesting you bring up a certain talismanic Grimsby forward, noticed you didn't have much to say re: the rubbish McAtee during the playoffs. Pinging in the bangers, getting assists, a goal in the final, etc. Absolutely loving his football that lad, would be your best player just like he is ours. You can admit you were wrong once in a while, it's fine.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Interesting you bring up a certain talismanic Grimsby forward, noticed you didn't have much to say re: the rubbish McAtee during the playoffs. Pinging in the bangers, getting assists, a goal in the final, etc. Absolutely loving his football that lad, would be your best player just like he is ours. You can admit you were wrong once in a while, it's fine.
You're getting me confused with someone else, I had basically no opinion on McAtee untill I watched him in the play-offs and he looked good. Scored a good goal against us at your place but that was when we had 10 men. With 11 men, he was chasing his arse off trying to get it off Croasdale, Collar, Sarcevic who were bascially doing a Rondo training session until Sarcevic got over excited on a 50-50, which led to an over an excited home crowd who could sense a hiding coming, which led to an over excited ref who went for the red. Football innit.

No he's good McAtee, not sure he'd fit in seamlessley into our 11 but he's a Salford lad and his younger brother is at City so if we fancied it, we'd nibble. One or two whispers about off field activities though.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You're getting me confused with someone else, I had basically no opinion on McAtee untill I watched him in the play-offs and he looked good. Scored a good goal against us at your place but that was when we had 10 men. With 11 men, he was chasing his arse off trying to get it off Croasdale, Collar, Sarcevic who were bascially doing a Rondo training session until Sarcevic got over excited on a 50-50, which led to an over an excited home crowd who could sense a hiding coming, which led to an over excited ref who went for the red. Football innit.

No he's good McAtee, not sure he'd fit in seamlessley into our 11 but he's a Salford lad and his younger brother is at City so if we fancied it, we'd nibble. One or two whispers about off field activities though.
Not getting you confused at all, it's you who has spent all season calling him Jamie/Jason/Jim McAtee in a futile attempt to belittle the now vindicated opinion of Grimsby fans that he was the best #10 in the division. You also had a full defence when he scored vs you at BP as you took Quigley off for Kitching at half time, so no ifs and buts there really. Challinor shat the bed and we took advantage. You were sliced sliced open by Ryan Taylor on that one, and then we bullied you for the winner. Fair and square win.

McAtee also had a perfectly legitimate wonder goal chalked off at Edgeley Park when we were robbed of three points.

One or two whispers? :lol: He threw himself under the bus on camera after the full time whistle on Sunday. It's relatively well known he stays up late playing FIFA eating crisps and loves a bevvy. If he didn't, he wouldn't be playing for us.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Not getting you confused at all, it's you who has spent all season calling him Jamie/Jason/Jim McAtee in a futile attempt to belittle the now vindicated opinion of Grimsby fans that he was the best #10 in the division. You also had a full defence when he scored vs you at BP as you took Quigley off for Kitching at half time, so no ifs and buts there really. Challinor shat the bed and we took advantage. You were sliced sliced open by Ryan Taylor on that one, and then we bullied you for the winner. Fair and square win.

McAtee also had a perfectly legitimate wonder goal chalked off at Edgeley Park when we were robbed of three points.

One or two whispers? :lol: He threw himself under the bus on camera after the full time whistle on Sunday. It's relatively well known he stays up late playing FIFA eating crisps and loves a bevvy. If he didn't, he wouldn't be playing for us.
I'm bad with names. Sorry. He's a good player. Calm down.

Yeah DC made a terrible tactical error taking Quigley off at HT, said so at the time. Gave us no out ball or someone who could make it stick with our man disadvantage. Quigley is quite quick to get the curly finger off DC in a variety of circumstances, I don't think he's in love with him. Hence links to Wootton and probably another striker coming too.

I don't know this Julian McAtee's hobbies or eating habits do I? I don't even know his first name as you've alluded to. His brother at City is another J (James?) so it's all very confusing.

I just wish you'd calm down but glad you've sacked the other place off and back on here now pal.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I'm bad with names. Sorry. He's a good player. Calm down.

Yeah DC made a terrible tactical error taking Quigley off at HT, said so at the time. Gave us no out ball or someone who could make it stick with our man disadvantage. Quigley is quite quick to get the curly finger off DC in a variety of circumstances, I don't think he's in love with him. Hence links to Wootton and probably another striker coming too.

I don't know this Julian McAtee's hobbies or eating habits do I? I don't even know his first name as you've alluded to. His brother at City is another J (James?) so it's all very confusing.

I just wish you'd calm down but glad you've sacked the other place off and back on here now pal.
Some classic Stocky backpedaling here.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Dunno about you lot but I don’t give a shit who’s running a football forum, all about the posters.

Nice to hear from ya tho SoC.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Some classic Stocky backpedaling here.
Lets see who's backpedaling when we see which forum you post more on this coming season.

I wouldn't have gone in on you about it. It's logical you'll post more on here because it's relevant to Grimsby. But you went fucking dead big on it, about how shit this place was now, how the other mods are great, how I'm being weird for staying on here etc.

Anyway, not arsed like I say you're a good poster who contributes despite your sensitive reactions so I welcome you back.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Lets see who's backpedaling when we see which forum you post more on this coming season.

I wouldn't have gone in on you about it. It's logical you'll post more on here because it's relevant to Grimsby. But you went fucking dead big on it, about how shit this place was now, how the other mods are great, how I'm being weird for staying on here etc.
I didn't, all I did was report some facts and then moved to the other forum. A lot of people obviously agreed with me, as a lot of them followed. There was nothing dead big, you seem to be blowing this way out of proportion.
Anyway, not arsed
Doesn't sound like it mate. :lol:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Anyway, while I'm here I may as well post something that might be of interest to the masses instead of continuing this inane drivel.

Posted this on the other place:
If you add the National League teams into the League 2 final figures we end up occupying half of the top half...

1 Bradford City 15,450
2 Swindon Town 9,603
3 Wrexham 8,644
4 Bristol Rovers 7,512
5 Tranmere Rovers 6,872
6 Stockport 7,126
7 Notts County 6,800
8 Chesterfield 6,403

9 Port Vale 6,104
10 Southend 5,773
11 Grimsby 5,704

12 Northampton Town 5,366

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Dunno about you lot but I don’t give a shit who’s running a football forum, all about the posters.

Nice to hear from ya tho SoC.
And that's fair enough. For me, when the person(s) running it don't fix huge bugs/flaws/errors for days at a time and/or have no interest sharing admin responsibilities with others then it's not conducive to a good environment. And if that's what you mean by me giving it the big 'un Stocky, then perhaps I am but I'm fine with that.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Regardless of the stuff about whichever forum people post on (welcome back to any who do come back here and nothing but the best to those who don’t) just to add well done to Grimsby. Quite a rare thing bouncing back first time of asking these days.

Pleased for Adam Crookes and Danny Amos who are both decent lads. I guess how well they do at L2 level this time will depend on what Grimsby will be expecting first season back. I know Burgess is there as well but don’t think he’s played much if at all so didn’t include him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Regardless of the stuff about whichever forum people post on (welcome back to any who do come back here and nothing but the best to those who don’t) just to add well done to Grimsby. Quite a rare thing bouncing back first time of asking these days.

Pleased for Adam Crookes and Danny Amos who are both decent lads. I guess how well they do at L2 level this time will depend on what Grimsby will be expecting first season back. I know Burgess is there as well but don’t think he’s played much if at all so didn’t include him.
Burgess almost certainly won't get a deal, he's not looked out of his depth but he certainly hasn't shone. I'm still not sure what he is really, is he a box to box mid or more of an attacking option? We tried him in both but not great. Tidy though and not terrible. Probably just needs a better run in a side? Crookes was very solid most of the season but limited going forward and lost his place in the side to Amos who has been excellent. I'd imagine Amos will almost certainly be getting offered a deal. I suspect Crookes will be off too and that he'll get snapped up by a decent side at National League level. Screams Chesterfield to me Crookes.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don,t know if this has been said but Welcome Grimsby, Our fixtures this are bound to be midweek.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Burgess almost certainly won't get a deal, he's not looked out of his depth but he certainly hasn't shone. I'm still not sure what he is really, is he a box to box mid or more of an attacking option? We tried him in both but not great. Tidy though and not terrible. Probably just needs a better run in a side? Crookes was very solid most of the season but limited going forward and lost his place in the side to Amos who has been excellent. I'd imagine Amos will almost certainly be getting offered a deal. I suspect Crookes will be off too and that he'll get snapped up by a decent side at National League level. Screams Chesterfield to me Crookes.

On Burgess he’s tidy at what he does and all that but yeah you can’t really say what type of player he is. He’s kinda just there. As John Askey loves him I would lay almost any money he ends up at York this summer. Agree on Crookes, ideally he needs to find a club that play with a back three and do the LCB role. That’s his best position and where his best games were for us. He can do a job defensively as an orthodox LB but if relying on the fullbacks to get involved down the pitch it’s not a strength of his.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
On Burgess he’s tidy at what he does and all that but yeah you can’t really say what type of player he is. He’s kinda just there. As John Askey loves him I would lay almost any money he ends up at York this summer. Agree on Crookes, ideally he needs to find a club that play with a back three and do the LCB role. That’s his best position and where his best games were for us. He can do a job defensively as an orthodox LB but if relying on the fullbacks to get involved down the pitch it’s not a strength of his.
Oh right, Crookes was pretty much always just used as a standard LB by us. He looks more like a CB though, so that doesn't surprise me! That makes the Solihull away match all the more odd in that case, as I'm sure Crookes played as a wing back and Ryley Towler who we had in on loan (who smashed it as a CB in a flat back four for pretty much his entire loan) had his only stinker as the LCB in a three.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners

Crookes and Burgess will be leaving, both helped us during the season for sure, Crookes being a good full back, tidy and solid. Burgess never really got going but never let us down, just filled a slot when required. Amos came in and has had a great second half of the season, I expect him to be offered something to stay.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Crookes and Burgess will be leaving, both helped us during the season for sure, Crookes being a good full back, tidy and solid. Burgess never really got going but never let us down, just filled a slot when required. Amos came in and has had a great second half of the season, I expect him to be offered something to stay.
That tackle Amos did on about the hour mark in the final was one of the best tackles I saw this season. Great stuff from him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In the Covid disruption season Burgess was outstanding with Jake Taylor but didnt really hit those heights again.

Liked the look of Amos but didnt get a look in.

Crookes never really impressed me to be honest.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
We don't know who we are keeping yet, or who's actually going. However if we manage to hold onto McAtee and Fox along with Waterfall (yes, really, he's been a rock, even if there is a flaw in it sometimes) and our walking wounded of Efete and Scannell we should be OK. One or two others should be given the chance too. I suspect every other team has one or two lads they dearly want to keep, but with so much dosh seemingly floating about who knows where anybody will end up by the end of July?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We don't know who we are keeping yet, or who's actually going. However if we manage to hold onto McAtee and Fox along with Waterfall (yes, really, he's been a rock, even if there is a flaw in it sometimes) and our walking wounded of Efete and Scannell we should be OK. One or two others should be given the chance too. I suspect every other team has one or two lads they dearly want to keep, but with so much dosh seemingly floating about who knows where anybody will end up by the end of July?
I reckon keeping hold of Fox will be more of a struggle than McAtee due to Fox being out of contract. McAtee has apparently already said he's staying but he'll probably have an agent in his ear. Think we'll be able to up our demand over 500k for him now though with him being tied down for another year, whereas that wouldn't have been the case in the National League. Can't see Scannell being back any time soon, but it's great that we've given him some early reassurances. Efete I can personally take or leave but I suspect he'll be given a deal.

T.A

Reaction score
Supports
Berry
Anyway, while I'm here I may as well post something that might be of interest to the masses instead of continuing this inane drivel.

If you add the National League teams into the League 2 final figures we end up occupying half of the top half...

1 Bradford City 15,450
2 Swindon Town 9,603
3 Wrexham 8,644
4 Bristol Rovers 7,512
5 Tranmere Rovers 6,872
6 Stockport 7,126
7 Notts County 6,800
8 Chesterfield 6,403

9 Port Vale 6,104
10 Southend 5,773
11 Grimsby 5,704

Guessing you had a drink halfway through that list.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Guessing you had a drink halfway through that list.
This was just from the regular season. Guessing you're looking at a L2 list that has the playoff attendances added into it?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

1 Bradford City 15,450
2 Swindon Town 9,603
3 Wrexham 8,644
4 Bristol Rovers 7,512
5 Tranmere Rovers 6,872
6 Stockport 7,126
7 Notts County 6,800
8 Chesterfield 6,403

9 Port Vale 6,104
10 Southend 5,773
11 Grimsby 5,704

Attendances are great, but mansfield are better than any of those listed in bold, that’s what i’m more bothered about tbh.

It’s great so many turn up to watch their side vs the hare & hounds and dog & duck though.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Attendances are great, but mansfield are better than any of those listed in bold, that’s what i’m more bothered about tbh.

It’s great so many turn up to watch their side vs the hare & hounds and dog & duck though.
We've got about 7 players on our books for next season, so I'd imagine most sides are better than us at this level right now. We'll see come what May though. Mansfield odds on to either miss out on the playoffs or mess them up having spunked another huge budget though. You're definitely better at that than most!

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

Think Masi has stolen your login Adam.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
We've got about 7 players on our books for next season, so I'd imagine most sides are better than us at this level right now. We'll see come what May though. Mansfield odds on to either miss out on the playoffs or mess them up having spunked another huge budget though. You're definitely better at that than most!

Didn’t really have a “massive” budget. Everyone assumes as we had longstaff for instance (despite us stating about 10,000 times) we didn’t contribute anything towards his wages everyone thinks our wages were massive.

They’d be top 7 this coming season i’d imagine but nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!