Which fanbase has suffered the most - let us hear your sob stories

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Everyone knows we get shite crowds etc. If we can maintain around 3000 home fans most week then we are doing well. Unfortunately the pathetic Bury public are not interested in supporting the town's football team, unless we maybe draw United away in the FA Cup or are about to win promotion, then they will all come crawling out the woodwork.
As an example in 2011 we won promotion at Chesterfield and had a bumper home crowd the following week against Wycombe. We had about 4000 odd extra fans out to celebrate the promotion that day. Yet the following season in league one our crowds were awful. The fans came out for a home game to celebrate promotion, yet 99% of them did not bother to turn up for our first home game in league one in nearly a decade, nor did they bother for any of the home games against any of the bigger clubs. It was literally mind boggling!
Anyway that rant aside, Pompey's fall and ownership was catastrophic, and seeing them coming close to relegation to the none league was just ridiculous. Same for Bradford. I think most knew these clubs were well below their natural levels. However both clubs, and a fair few others who have sunk reasonably low and suffered some dark times in football have always maintained good crowds, home and away. It must surely feel a bit more encouraging turning up to a game on a Saturday knowing there will be a half decent crowd and atmosphere to look forward to.
This is something Bury don't have the advantage of. Our locals are not interested when the team is doing well never mind when we are crap. This for me is what makes the dark times so much harder for me. I grew up on a wave of success and optimism at Gigg Lane. Playoffs, last day promotions, last minute penalty saves, Wembley, league titles and second tier survival. We were often boosted by strong away followings but I was more used to decent sized crowds and loud atmospheres at Gigg Lane, and the ground appearing at least reasonably busy. By 2002 and onwards for the next five or six years that became a long distant memory, most Saturday's we were lucky to have 2000 fans in attendance all together, including away fans as even some of our more loyal supporters lost interest. Listening to the players yell at each other across a pitch, sitting in a sparse stand, fans moaning constantly and then moaning at each other, falling asleep as another ball is hoofed over the top, it makes it so much more depressing.
What I would give for even a thousand more regulars at Gigg Lane. :-/

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Blackpool fans really rile me on this subject.

Were you complaining when Oyston bankrolled you to the Premiership?

Perhaps if you weren't such an uneducated fool, it wouldn't rile you. Belokon's investment was the reason for our rise up the league and had nothing to do with Oyston. There have been Oyston Out protests long before the Premier League and all throughout the 80 and 90s. It's just been magnified this time because what he has done has with PL money has shown his true colours.

I will let you off though as most people from South Yorkshire are pretty dumb.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Northampton win this hands down. I can't even be bothered say why because there are so many things.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Everyone knows we get shite crowds etc. If we can maintain around 3000 home fans most week then we are doing well. Unfortunately the pathetic Bury public are not interested in supporting the town's football team, unless we maybe draw United away in the FA Cup or are about to win promotion, then they will all come crawling out the woodwork.
As an example in 2011 we won promotion at Chesterfield and had a bumper home crowd the following week against Wycombe. We had about 4000 odd extra fans out to celebrate the promotion that day. Yet the following season in league one our crowds were awful. The fans came out for a home game to celebrate promotion, yet 99% of them did not bother to turn up for our first home game in league one in nearly a decade, nor did they bother for any of the home games against any of the bigger clubs. It was literally mind boggling!
Anyway that rant aside, Pompey's fall and ownership was catastrophic, and seeing them coming close to relegation to the none league was just ridiculous. Same for Bradford. I think most knew these clubs were well below their natural levels. However both clubs, and a fair few others who have sunk reasonably low and suffered some dark times in football have always maintained good crowds, home and away. It must surely feel a bit more encouraging turning up to a game on a Saturday knowing there will be a half decent crowd and atmosphere to look forward to.
This is something Bury don't have the advantage of. Our locals are not interested when the team is doing well never mind when we are crap. This for me is what makes the dark times so much harder for me. I grew up on a wave of success and optimism at Gigg Lane. Playoffs, last day promotions, last minute penalty saves, Wembley, league titles and second tier survival. We were often boosted by strong away followings but I was more used to decent sized crowds and loud atmospheres at Gigg Lane, and the ground appearing at least reasonably busy. By 2002 and onwards for the next five or six years that became a long distant memory, most Saturday's we were lucky to have 2000 fans in attendance all together, including away fans as even some of our more loyal supporters lost interest. Listening to the players yell at each other across a pitch, sitting in a sparse stand, fans moaning constantly and then moaning at each other, falling asleep as another ball is hoofed over the top, it makes it so much more depressing.
What I would give for even a thousand more regulars at Gigg Lane. :-/
Looking through our history, I'd say 2003-2007 were the lowest ebb of the club in terms of outlook and size of club. Crowds were terrible although I can't lay the blame entirely with the fans, off the field commercial and marketing was none existent.. and still is today.

We've recovered somewhat from those days in the lower reaches in league two, even after 12 defeats in a row this season we pulled in more fans than we did in 2011/12, which could be seen as shoots of a recovery.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Perhaps if you weren't such an uneducated fool, it wouldn't rile you. Belokon's investment was the reason for our rise up the league and had nothing to do with Oyston. There have been Oyston Out protests long before the Premier League and all throughout the 80 and 90s. It's just been magnified this time because what he has done has with PL money has shown his true colours.

I will let you off though as most people from South Yorkshire are pretty dumb.

Oyston's had nothing to do with it? What a load of shite. Not only did they oversee your promotion to premier league they've kept you in business for nearly 40 years.

How fucking ungrateful can a set of fans be?

People of South Yorkshire uneducated? I think trying to hound out a family who have ran your club for nearly half a century says a lot about the intelligence levels in Blackpool.

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
How ungrateful can we be? He has sued a large number of fans and tried to sue our forum for £150,000. My mate owns it and had to quit his job because of the time it took to defend the case.

They drive around in an Oyston Out number plate and have made it personal against the fans. Shall we just forget this because they have kept the club alive for 40 years. WOOOOOOOO what an achievement.

All that Premier League money and all we have as a legacy is a couple of sprinklers. The players have to eat and shower at the football stadium because there are no facilities at the training ground. The lies are endless.

Have a read of this and tell us how ungrateful we are? It doesn't even include the recent legal action against the fans:

http://www.nataseasiders.com/once-proud-club-2/

So yes, if you still think we are 'lucky' to have Oyston, then you are thick uneducated South Yorkshireman. I hope you're on a wind up because no one can be that thick surely. Shame as I actually quite like Rotherham being a small little town where most fans support the Sheffield clubs. Looks like you are in the same class as Bury fans who held an Oyston in banner the last time we played them.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
How ungrateful can we be? He has sued a large number of fans and tried to sue our forum for £150,000. My mate owns it and had to quit his job because of the time it took to defend the case.

They drive around in an Oyston Out number plate and have made it personal against the fans. Shall we just forget this because they have kept the club alive for 40 years. WOOOOOOOO what an achievement.

All that Premier League money and all we have as a legacy is a couple of sprinklers. The players have to eat and shower at the football stadium because there are no facilities at the training ground. The lies are endless.

Have a read of this and tell us how ungrateful we are? It doesn't even include the recent legal action against the fans:

So yes, if you still think we are 'lucky' to have Oyston, then you are thick uneducated South Yorkshireman. I hope you're on a wind up because no one can be that thick surely. Shame as I actually quite like Rotherham being a small little town where most fans support the Sheffield clubs. Looks like you are in the same class as Bury fans who held an Oyston in banner the last time we played them.

So he successfully sued people? All that tells me is that the those fans and your mate did something that was against the law, hence a successful law suit. If someone was talking shit about me and made libellous comments, I'd sue em too. Everyone has their right to do so regardless of who they are.

I'd make it personal too. Most ungrateful fans in existence. 40 years worth of money keeping you going that's seen numerous promotions, a brand new stadium and some time in the premier league. Ask any club in the football league if they'd be happy with that and you'll not find anybody that'll turn you down.

Reactions: SF_

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
There's literally no point talking to SERNWA

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
So he successfully sued people? All that tells me is that the those fans and your mate did something that was against the law, hence a successful law suit. If someone was talking shit about me and made libellous comments, I'd sue em too. Everyone has their right to do so regardless of who they are.

I'd make it personal too. Most ungrateful fans in existence. 40 years worth of money keeping you going that's seen numerous promotions, a brand new stadium and some time in the premier league. Ask any club in the football league if they'd be happy with that and you'll not find anybody that'll turn you down.

He has lost more than he has won. My mate and forum owner of Back Henry Street won the case so once again you've highlighted your ignorance on the matter. Not going well this is for you.

As I mentioned before, it was ALL of Belokon's investment that accelerated our growth. As soon as he fell out with the owners, we suffered three relegation's. You really know nothing. Maybe the fact you support a small little town you have to write controversial stuff to get noticed. How sad.

Lance Stoe

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
I wouldn't be that happy if I had the Oystons in charge, SERNWA. Stop talking rot. They aren't going to boycott watching their team just because they are ungrateful.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
:lol:

Yes, generalise us all on the actions of a handful of kids in the singing section.

Firstly can I just point out that many Bury fans were unhappy at that banner being produced in that game.
Secondly though, that banner was prepared after groups of Blackpool fans had been making comments online about 1985 when our ground was torn up by your supporters and were talking about doing it again. Said fans can't go around boasting about that and then turn up at our ground and just expect us to still be sympathetic to your cause. :lol:

Lastly, have you not realised that this Rotherham poster is on a wind up ?

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
To be honest I wasn't that bothered and added a bit of spice to what was an already rowdy away end. Our yobs were throwing flares at the Bury fans so in that respect, we deserved it. No problem with Bury fans but looking forward to the away again this year. The fact you now have Lee Clark, Aldred, etc adds another reason to make the trip.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Seasider he's from Rotherham, please don't lump the rest of South Yorkshire into this, Donny fan's have actually led the Oyston out chants at your place.
Remember we had the Richardson era which very nearly caused the death of the club, putting us into non-league and losing 2 generations of fans so we fully understand corrupt owners.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Chants of Oyston out came from the home end the last time you guys played down here too.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
He has lost more than he has won. My mate and forum owner of Back Henry Street won the case so once again you've highlighted your ignorance on the matter. Not going well this is for you.

As I mentioned before, it was ALL of Belokon's investment that accelerated our growth. As soon as he fell out with the owners, we suffered three relegation's. You really know nothing. Maybe the fact you support a small little town you have to write controversial stuff to get noticed. How sad.

So he's won some? by your own admission.

The same Belokon who announce he and Owen Oyston were personally funding the construction of your new south stand.

The same Belokon who only joined in 2006 which was after major rennovations of Bloomfield road?

The same Belokon who was brough in as an investor through the Oyston's.

Again, ungrateful.

As from the small town comment. Blackpool has been the home for the geriatric or unwashed ever since air travel became cheap.

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Seasider he's from Rotherham, please don't lump the rest of South Yorkshire into this, Donny fan's have actually led the Oyston out chants at your place.
Remember we had the Richardson era which very nearly caused the death of the club, putting us into non-league and losing 2 generations of fans so we fully understand corrupt owners.

Donny fans were great last season, that I concur. Obviously I don't think all people from Yorkshire are thick, just this one person who is trying his best to get Rotherham on the map.

seasider

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
So he's won some? by your own admission.

The same Belokon who announce he and Owen Oyston were personally funding the construction of your new south stand.

The same Belokon who only joined in 2006 which was after major rennovations of Bloomfield road?

The same Belokon who was brough in as an investor through the Oyston's.

Again, ungrateful.

As from the small town comment. Blackpool has been the home for the geriatric or unwashed ever since air travel became cheap.

Football grants paid for the West and North but carry on thinking it was Oyston. Belokon paid for the South. Oyston just built the hotel in the South for his own profits. Oyston wouldn't even pay for the club crest to put on the stadium and the fans had to group in and pay for this.

You're so wide off the mark, it's frightening.

Blackpool might be a shithole in places but at least it's not famous for illegal sex rings.

You are too easy. Maybe you will experience another relegation and have more luck with League Two fans.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Rotherham - the Puerto Banus of the north.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Football grants paid for the West and North but carry on thinking it was Oyston. Belokon paid for the South. Oyston just built the hotel in the South for his own profits. Oyston wouldn't even pay for the club crest to put on the stadium and the fans had to group in and pay for this.

You're so wide off the mark, it's frightening.

Blackpool might be a shithole in places but at least it's not famous for illegal sex rings.

You are too easy. Maybe you will experience another relegation and have more luck with League Two fans.

So you're saviour Belekon was lying when he said he and Oyston jointly financed it. Football grants didn't pay for your stands. Do you think there's a magical football money tree clubs go to to build stadiums with grants? Fuck me that's dim. More than likely council grants your owners (Oyston's) fought for.

Rotherham isn't famous for an illegal sex ring either. It's infamous for having a large scale Muslim grooming gang problem and an inept council that feared of being called racist. Rochdale is just as infamous, not too far from home incidentally.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
So you're saviour Belekon was lying when he said he and Oyston jointly financed it. Football grants didn't pay for your stands. Do you think there's a magical football money tree clubs go to to build stadiums with grants? Fuck me that's dim. More than likely council grants your owners (Oyston's) fought for.

Rotherham isn't famous for an illegal sex ring either. It's infamous for having a large scale Muslim grooming gang problem and an inept council that feared of being called racist. Rochdale is just as infamous, not too far from home incidentally.
You really are dim, of course there are grants to help with all seater stadia, I bet if you look closely enough you will find Rotherham will have applied for some when building theirs.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Only been watching Rovers for 10/11 years and in that time I've saw 2 relegations, 3 promotions and an FA Cup quarter final run. Also little pleasures like seeing an ex player go on and score for England.

Had some absolute dross but I can't complain too much. Portsmouth/Blackpool probably hold a claim for how much they've suffered.

Last edited:

oakroader

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
what about us? from finishing 7th in the old first division,and winning the league cup against arsenal and missing out on playing in Europe cause of the ban on English teams.. ostracised cause we had the plastic pitch, banned visiting fans....being only 15 mins down the road from Twatford!! :ffs:
getting shafted by the f.a. not just the once mind you.....I mean...30 fucking point deduction....
still....The Gateway To Paradise
oakey :fing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!