Which players do you fear other clubs will want to 'steal'?

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
Feel gutted for my adopted team Dover, they had a super season last year and a great one this year, but I do fear now the season is finished, they are just about to have the guts ripped out of them as other, bigger, most definitely higher paying teams come sniffing around.
A lot of the squad have already signed new contracts, but there are five that most certainly that are and over the season it appears have already attracted the eyes of much loftier placed teams.
Many, in fact all the squad are competitive and most certainly up this level, but in Payne, Ragget, Miller, Magri and Devrdics they have five players that would probably not only get in all teams ion this league but a couple most certainly in teams above this league.
Like all supporters at all clubs at this time of year I suppose, we had this conversation pretty much all the way back from Nailsworth the other night and whilst my four travelling companions were sure they all would stay loyal and sign new terms I laughed at such a suggestion believing there is a chance that all their top players are in danger of moving on, and if they do it could rip the core not to mention soul from the team and club for next year.
Magri is possibly the only exception as even though he has signed, he is young, and has just finished his first season since leaving Portsmouth's academy I believe, but he has been absolutely superb in every aspect of his game.
Ragget, another 21/22 year old, has equally had another brilliant season and for one so inexperienced is so incredibly strong, decent on the floor and good speed over 20, 30 yards. Peterborough were apparently really interested him after Xmas as too, though far more tenuously were Palace, but definitely destined to move up the leragues. Compensation would obviously have to be paid if someone wanted him, and others perhaps some of you out there may be able to shed some light on what size of compensation would have to be paid if he moved on. A decent amount though surely?
Payne can be a bit of an enigma as Saturday proved, in some games he just goes missing, but he too is really strong on the ball, quick as shit and to score twenty from really playing out wide is a superb return. Does at times have a question mark over his discipline at times, and equally an attitude problem at times but does have a real touch of class about him and at 24 and not as yet signed a new contract, if terms are offered which inevitably they will, am I right in thinking Dover would also expect to receive compensation?
The interesting one is Miller. The Chairman showed real trust in him giving him a two year deal, when looking back to last summer Luton hung him out to dry a bit. But Dovers player of the year has repaid him with a wonderful season and I reckon if he played in a less 'direct' team, one that played to feet a bit more god knows how well he would do or how many he would score. The saving grace for Dover is if someone wants to sign him they would obviously have to be pay a fee and as I have only started watching NL these past two years have no real idea what sort of money he would cost £50K - £100k+?
Of the five players though, Deverdics to me is surely a shoe in to leave, and unlike the others above, would do so on a freebie. Every time you listen to commentators and reporters they go on about his assist record being second only to Ozil and that along with his goal return will alone surely attract loads of interest from clubs in this league and above. He is a very accomplished player, good on the ball, calm, aggressive and a grafter, and though for every great dead ball he takes there are two that aren't, his departure looks certain as he is a very good player indeed. Which club, certainly in this league wouldn't be interested in him?

Finding replacements for these if any and or all move on could kill the current team, but surely all teams will have players at their clubs who are either out of contract or who fans think may have stolen...who are they?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We have no-one out of contract Imps will be fussed to see leave.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Whilst I want the few we have offered contracts to to stay noone is irreplaceable.

I wouldn't mind poaching Deverdics, Raggett and Miller but we probably couldn't afford them once relocation is factored in.

White Army

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Would like us to go for Deverdics, Ross Hannah and that Jackson fella from Wrexham as well to give Norwood some support.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Frear and Clough wont be here if we somehow don't go up. Bennett and Sinclair are 2 others it might be tough to hang onto.

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
Whilst I want the few we have offered contracts to to stay noone is irreplaceable.

I wouldn't mind poaching Deverdics, Raggett and Miller but we probably couldn't afford them once relocation is factored in.

I understand the logic of Miller with a fee required, but you honestly reckon one the leagues biggest teams, and certainly best supported couldn't afford to pay compensation fee for Ragget or Deverdics on a free?
Wow, that's interesting. Relocation for any player would be what £10K and the fact that in part or full you think that could scupper any such moves is a real surprise. Genuinely said, if that is the case of your finances, you may be facing a longer stretch in this league than many of your fans think?

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
Seems someone has stolen Jackson. Could be you lot.

This the crux of my thread. On the assumption you would have offered him a new contract, someone comes in, offers him more money , and as you say relocation package and off they go, it will happen many times in the next few weeks. Have you any idea as this compensation issue fascinates me, how much if he has left do you think any club will have to pay in compo.

What does it depend on, age, what they achieved in the game/team, how much wages they are on, how many starts, what, and who sets such fee, the FA?
I also assume teams couldn't ask say £30K comp if for example they were only paying this or that players say only £200 a week?

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I understand the logic of Miller with a fee required, but you honestly reckon one the leagues biggest teams, and certainly best supported couldn't afford to pay compensation fee for Ragget or Deverdics on a free?
Wow, that's interesting. Relocation for any player would be what £10K and the fact that in part or full you think that could scupper any such moves is a real surprise. Genuinely said, if that is the case of your finances, you may be facing a longer stretch in this league than many of your fans think?

Well maybe we could, I just think that those sorts of players would want a great renumeration than we would be willing to pay. As a fan owned club we keep a tigter control of our purse strings than may be the case at other clubs. Plus there is the normal problem of player moving from part time to full time. And who really wants to move from the SE of England to north Wales? Just real world economics.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Nothing confirmed at all yet for us. Our press officer for 25 years has left so we currently have nobody to do the press releases/website as far as I know. but Id be gutted to lose Dan Bradley, although wouldnt begrudge him a move. Id alos be gutted to lose Sam Jones and Matt Duke. Can see Sam Jones leaving as there has been serious interest from Barrow including a substantial offer in January which Jones turned down. Dont expect to lose Duke in all honesty. He is Goalkeeping coach at Sheff Utd and playing for us is pocket money to him and he has already said he absolutely loves it.

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
Well maybe we could, I just think that those sorts of players would want a great renumeration than we would be willing to pay. As a fan owned club we keep a tigter control of our purse strings than may be the case at other clubs. Plus there is the normal problem of player moving from part time to full time. And who really wants to move from the SE of England to north Wales? Just real world economics.

You're talking about Dover here not Tunbridge Wells, trust me me loads would! lol

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Danny Rowe finished the season in cracking form so I'm slightly worried that someone else will come in for him with a better deal than we can offer. Other than that most of our best performers last season have either already signed up for next season (Pilkington, McCombe, Holroyd) or weren't ours to keep anyway (Dennis, Whitehead).

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Frear, Clough, Raccine and Bennett. Whilst there are a few others who I think have shown considerable promise, or who I would like to see stay beyond their current contracts, those are the four who I think will attract the most interest and should be a priority to keep.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
We only have one player to steal. Wouldn't go as far as saying that I fear Mrs Jon Nolan leaving the club in any case.

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
Frear, Clough, Raccine and Bennett. Whilst there are a few others who I think have shown considerable promise, or who I would like to see stay beyond their current contracts, those are the four who I think will attract the most interest and should be a priority to keep.

Are they all out of contract then or do have they signed deals for next season already?

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of low to mid-table Conference clubs were interested in James McQuilken. We've offered him a new contract, but he's put in some good performances since signing up, particularly against Lincoln and Woking.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Scott Davies. I'm resigned to him moving to either a big buck club in the South or back into the National.

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Are they all out of contract then or do have they signed deals for next season already?

We have barely anyone on a contract at the moment, among those not with a contract is Frear, Clough, Raccine and Bennett.

Apart from KMB none of our starting eleven of choice is on a contract.

GarthK_HYUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Hayes and Yeading United
I seriously fear Elliott Benyon and Ishmael Ehui being snatched from our grasp.

Tbf, they both deserve better than Isthmian or Southern football both been cracking all season.

Apparently our U18 who played I think 8 first team games aswell this season and scoring 2 in our 5-2 win over Gosport plus a few goals for Flackwell Heath whilst on loan, Dylan Kearney, has eyes from both Brentford and QPR around, so he may go.

In all honesty I'm reckoning we're going to have to massively rebuild our squad through the summer.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Looks like according to the Chorley manager we have stolen 3 or 4 of his players :lol:

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Apart from KMB none of our starting eleven of choice is on a contract.
There was a mention of contracts recently on our forum, just checked and those believed to be signed up already, in addition to KMB, are:

Jonny Maxted
Kieffer Moore
Ben Jefford
Anthony Jeffery
Louis McGrory

Maxted was first choice keeper at the start of the season, but I'm not sure that he is better than Arnold. Moore can play in defence or as a forward, Jefford had a fairly good game on Saturday, despite deflecting the ball for their goal. I have seen AJ play a few times and he looks fairly promising, certainly has pace. McGrory is a product of the academy and was given a second year to prove himself, has been out on loan but yet to break into the first team.

Etty Abrics

An otter disgrace
Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Twitter
@EttyAbrics
Feel gutted for my adopted team Dover, they had a super season last year and a great one this year, but I do fear now the season is finished, they are just about to have the guts ripped out of them as other, bigger, most definitely higher paying teams come sniffing around.
A lot of the squad have already signed new contracts, but there are five that most certainly that are and over the season it appears have already attracted the eyes of much loftier placed teams.
Many, in fact all the squad are competitive and most certainly up this level, but in Payne, Ragget, Miller, Magri and Devrdics they have five players that would probably not only get in all teams ion this league but a couple most certainly in teams above this league.
Like all supporters at all clubs at this time of year I suppose, we had this conversation pretty much all the way back from Nailsworth the other night and whilst my four travelling companions were sure they all would stay loyal and sign new terms I laughed at such a suggestion believing there is a chance that all their top players are in danger of moving on, and if they do it could rip the core not to mention soul from the team and club for next year.
Magri is possibly the only exception as even though he has signed, he is young, and has just finished his first season since leaving Portsmouth's academy I believe, but he has been absolutely superb in every aspect of his game.
Ragget, another 21/22 year old, has equally had another brilliant season and for one so inexperienced is so incredibly strong, decent on the floor and good speed over 20, 30 yards. Peterborough were apparently really interested him after Xmas as too, though far more tenuously were Palace, but definitely destined to move up the leragues. Compensation would obviously have to be paid if someone wanted him, and others perhaps some of you out there may be able to shed some light on what size of compensation would have to be paid if he moved on. A decent amount though surely?
Payne can be a bit of an enigma as Saturday proved, in some games he just goes missing, but he too is really strong on the ball, quick as shit and to score twenty from really playing out wide is a superb return. Does at times have a question mark over his discipline at times, and equally an attitude problem at times but does have a real touch of class about him and at 24 and not as yet signed a new contract, if terms are offered which inevitably they will, am I right in thinking Dover would also expect to receive compensation?
The interesting one is Miller. The Chairman showed real trust in him giving him a two year deal, when looking back to last summer Luton hung him out to dry a bit. But Dovers player of the year has repaid him with a wonderful season and I reckon if he played in a less 'direct' team, one that played to feet a bit more god knows how well he would do or how many he would score. The saving grace for Dover is if someone wants to sign him they would obviously have to be pay a fee and as I have only started watching NL these past two years have no real idea what sort of money he would cost £50K - £100k+?
Of the five players though, Deverdics to me is surely a shoe in to leave, and unlike the others above, would do so on a freebie. Every time you listen to commentators and reporters they go on about his assist record being second only to Ozil and that along with his goal return will alone surely attract loads of interest from clubs in this league and above. He is a very accomplished player, good on the ball, calm, aggressive and a grafter, and though for every great dead ball he takes there are two that aren't, his departure looks certain as he is a very good player indeed. Which club, certainly in this league wouldn't be interested in him?

Finding replacements for these if any and or all move on could kill the current team, but surely all teams will have players at their clubs who are either out of contract or who fans think may have stolen...who are they?
Rip the soul from the club? Come on.

Players come and go, life goes on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
There was a mention of contracts recently on our forum, just checked and those believed to be signed up already, in addition to KMB, are:

Jonny Maxted
Kieffer Moore
Ben Jefford
Anthony Jeffery
Louis McGrory

Maxted was first choice keeper at the start of the season, but I'm not sure that he is better than Arnold. Moore can play in defence or as a forward, Jefford had a fairly good game on Saturday, despite deflecting the ball for their goal. I have seen AJ play a few times and he looks fairly promising, certainly has pace. McGrory is a product of the academy and was given a second year to prove himself, has been out on loan but yet to break into the first team.
AJ was good in the county cup tonight, not just skills but put in a shift when he might have been lazy.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Andy Cook is the obvious one from us
Oh and Ashley Grimes - go on Lincoln - you know you want him......

les.gtfc

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
One way or the other I am 100% certain that Podge will be playing league football again next season.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
I think Cook will stay due to lack of a better option (Eastleigh offered double whatever Barrow's offer is - £3k?).
Other than that, none of our players are the sort to have attracted interest from above, though Jordan Williams will be the subject of bids in January or a contract wrangle at the end of next season - I don't think Barrow fans have felt so positive about a young player for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!