Who do you think will be Released/Retained at your club this season?

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
In anticipation of next season's League Two relegation battle, this is the current state (and it is a state) that I believe our squad is currently in:

UNDER CONTRACT

Goalkeepers:

Ben Garratt
Dave Richards

Defenders:

Harry Davis
George Ray
Ben Nugent
Jon Guthrie
Oliver Turton
Perry Ng
James Baillie
Harry Pickering

Midfielders/Wingers:

Billy Bingham
George Cooper
Ryan Wintle
Callum Ainley
Charlie Kirk
Oliver Finney
Tom Lowery
Owen Dale

Forwards:

Callum Saunders
Daniel Udoh

Out of Contract but with Options to extend for a further year:

Joe Kearns (Release)
Toby Mullarkey (Release)
James Jones (Keep)
Fraser Murdoch (Definite Release, joke if he's kept on any longer)
Andre Brown (Keep but will probably be released)
Liam O'Neill (Release)
Joe Howell (Keep)

Out of Contract:

Zoumana Bakayogo (Keep and has been offered a deal but will likely leave)
Brad Inman (Release, wouldn't even offer him a contract, inconsistent)
Chris Atkinson (Release)
David Fox (Release)
Marcus Haber (Release)
Lauri Dalla Valle (I like the guy but Release)

Furthermore to this, I can see a couple of shock contracted player exits like Liam Nolan was last season. James Baillie could potentially be one such player to leave. I expect Ben Garratt to be at the club in League Two even though he deserves to move on, his goals against record doesn't help him one bit. Neither does the fact that our entire pitiful 'defence' are under contract next season.

Very interesting to see if we can add to this young squad bereft of leadership (Before Steve advertises this all Summer, Harry Davis is not a leader, just an overpaid clogger). I highly doubt we'll be busy in the transfer market and so this rudderless squad will descend to a relegation battle next season.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Got a couple mixed up there. Jones is already tied down(http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/spo...news/james-jones-delighted-new-crewe-10015513), Baillie and Saunders aren't I don't think. Wouldn't include Pickering or Dale, they are only going to be 2nd year scholars next season. I doubt they play a huge part in the season. Heard a rumour that Bakayogo doesn't want to play in League Two so might leave, that could well be true. I wouldn't stick around if I was him. Reckon we'll flog Garratt for whatever we can get in the summer and Richards will be the number 1 next season.

That squad is a fricking joke. Defence is a shambles, Turton, Ray, Davis and Nugent are awful. They fill me with no confidence for next season. Midfield is soft as shit, no grit or experience in any of them. Upfront, its maybe number 1 and maybe number 2. Oh and we also have maybe number 3. Not a proven player amongst them, be interesting to see who we add to that group. We have chucked all our eggs in the academy basket. If the likes of Ainley, Cooper, Kirk, Finney and the defence(lol) can't step up, we'll be in deep shit. This coming season is massive. The season where the club either look like geniuses or morons.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Won't bother posting all of ours as we won't be here but I can see Ryan cresswell and Jason Taylor both potentially leaving us. Cresswell hasn't even made the last few squads, I imagine he would do a great job for several league 2 clubs.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Right, this could take a while.

Under contract and that's good

GK Scott Loach
RB Elliott Hewitt
CM Stanley Aborah
CM Curtis Thompson
AM Graham Burke

Under contract and maybe have something to offer as squad players/kids but don't care if they go

LB Rhys Sharpe
CB Mawouna Amevor
CM Jordan Richards
RM Genaro Snijders
ST Colby Bishop
ST Adam Campbell

Under contract but need to be fired into the sun

CB Scot Bennett
CM Kyle de Silva
CM Rob Milsom
ST Jon Stead
ST Izale McLeod

Out of contract and maybe could do something

CB Haydn Hollis
LB Thierry Audel
CM Filip Valencic
CM Wes Atkinson

Out of contract and can join their friends in the sun (or just retire)

GK Roy Carroll
LB Blair Adams
CB Taylor McKenzie
CM Liam Noble
RM Jason Banton
CM Alan Smith
LM Will Hayhurst
ST Ronan Murray

Think that's all of them. What a fucking mess.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Got a couple mixed up there. Jones is already tied down(http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/spo...news/james-jones-delighted-new-crewe-10015513), Baillie and Saunders aren't I don't think. Wouldn't include Pickering or Dale, they are only going to be 2nd year scholars next season. I doubt they play a huge part in the season. Heard a rumour that Bakayogo doesn't want to play in League Two so might leave, that could well be true. I wouldn't stick around if I was him. Reckon we'll flog Garratt for whatever we can get in the summer and Richards will be the number 1 next season.

That squad is a fricking joke. Defence is a shambles, Turton, Ray, Davis and Nugent are awful. They fill me with no confidence for next season. Midfield is soft as shit, no grit or experience in any of them. Upfront, its maybe number 1 and maybe number 2. Oh and we also have maybe number 3. Not a proven player amongst them, be interesting to see who we add to that group. We have chucked all our eggs in the academy basket. If the likes of Ainley, Cooper, Kirk, Finney and the defence(lol) can't step up, we'll be in deep shit. This coming season is massive. The season where the club either look like geniuses or morons.

I got the squads from conflicting sites and didn't know who to believe so probably have got some wrong. Be interesting to see what happens with the overpaid defence next year. Our problem is a conflict of interest in that backline. There is more chance of Steve Davis resigning from his post than releasing Harry and Dario keeps influencing Davis to keep Ray, since when did Dario know anything about defending?

If we stay up next season under SD (lol) then it's inevitable Ray and Davis will get two year deals whilst Nugent is told to hit the road. Seriously, the amount of loyalty the club has given to Turton, Ray and Davis is obscene when compared to other players. At least if SD is sacked, there's no way on this Earth Harry Davis will be here next Summer...

Ideally given the contract situation you're looking for forwards, wingers, recognised fullbacks, an experienced keeper and an experienced midfielder that can tackle next season. No chance we'll get half of that.

Optogas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Darrell Clarke has said that if Rovers win Promotion all of the senior team will be offered contracts as an incentive to get promotion, so I haven't a clue who will leave

WAP

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth and Sporting Leyland
Haber was the only player I've heard of from that list.

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Contracted for next season
Goalkeepers
Stephens, McKenzie-Lyle (youth)
Defenders Hoyte, Johnson, Dembélé, Muggleton, Sesay, Pearson, Day(youth)
Midfielders Vilhete, Gambin, Togwell, Champion, Shomotun(youth), Kyei(youth), Taylor(youth), Nwogu(youth), Fonguck(youth)
Forwards Akinde, Gash, Batt(WTF), Cojocarel(Youth)

Out of Contract
Goalkeepers
Stack
Defenders N'Gala, Nelson
Midfielders Weston, Randall, Yiadom
Forwards Stevens(youth)

I suspect Nelson, Yiadom and Stevens will choose to leave. Nelson to go back north, Yiadom will be offered a contract by a bigger club and Stevens will be trying to do the same.
Stack will be offered a contract as coach\reserve keeper.
Weston and N'Gala may be released perhaps on an Allen special of an offer to come back for preseason and prove your worth, which actually means he's looking for better but will sign them if it fails. Randall is the mystery, clearly talented but not in the Allen style of closing down so is a luxury I think he would like but may not push out the boat to keep, I hope we offer him a contract and he proves he has what it takes.

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
Everyone except Ryan Tafazolli who is out of contract this year has a year extension trigger should we decide we want to keep them.

Contracted for next season
James Baxendale
Matt Green
Jack Thomas
Out of Contract
Brian Jensen - Keep
Scott Shearer - Keep
Daniel Alfei (Loan) - Get Rid
Liam Marsden - Get Rid (Not done much and not had a look in)
Lee Collins - Keep
Ryan Tafazolli - Keep (Would be a major coup)
Krystian Pearce - Keep (Needs to work on his discipline however has been brilliant for most of the season)
Corbin Shires - Keep (Want to see if he can do much next season)
Mal Benning - Keep (What a player)
Sean Kavanagh (Loan) - Get Rid
Reggie Lambe - Keep
Matty Blair - Keep (Finally starting to establish himself as a good first team player)
Colin Daniel (Loan) - Keep
Adam Chapman - Keep (Has had a poor season but I still believe in Chappers ability)
Chris Clements - Keep (One of the best CMs in L2)
Mitch Rose - Keep (Inconsistent but he's a rough diamond)
Joe Fitzpatrick - Keep (Same as Shires, would offer a 6 month to see how he's getting on)
Jamie McGuire - Keep (Not the best technically but he's a motivator, a leader that can grind out a 2-1 win on a cold horrible night in Morecambe)
Adi Yussuf - Keep (Needs to improve his fitness as he looks quality for 10 minutes then is puffing for the rest of the match)
Craig Westcarr - Get Rid
Chris Beardsley - Get Rid (Not done much for me to warrant a new contract)
Emmanuel Dieseurwe (Loan) - Get Rid (Has performed alright but I think there's better target men out there. Saying that I wouldn't be too disappointed if he signed)
Zayn Hakeem - Keep
Cain Smith - Keep

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Out of contract:

Marcus BEAN (CM) - holding midfielder with 50p head. Expect we'll offer him a new deal.
Paul HAYES (ST) - journeyman striker. Banged the goals in for us at first, but with our new more defensive structure, and increasingly slow legs, has struggled to get in the goals this season
Matt BLOOMFIELD (CM) - Been at WWFC since 2003 and a solid squad player.
Sam WOOD (LM) - a strong player for us in his time but form has dipped over the last season
Ryan SELLERS (CM) - haven't seen him enough to comment
Max KRETZSCHMAR (ST) - youth teamer who got his first pro contract in 2012. Never really kicked on.
Luke O'NIEN (CM) - our sole prospect as a creative midfielder, Watford reject who has done very well for us
Alex LYNCH (GK) - cheap goalie option, although he has done well when called upon
Gozie UGWU (ST) - bumbling burly striker, good physical presence though maybe not that great at the actual football part.

The ones in bold are those I expect us to offer a new contract to. And I wouldn't be too disappointed with that.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Under Contract and that's good

GK Will Norris
CB Leon Legge
LB Gregg Taylor
CM Luke Berry
CM Conor Newton
LM Harrison Dunk
CF Ben Williamson
CF Barry Corr

Under Contract and that's bad

RB Elliot Omozusi
CB Mark Roberts
CM Jeff Hughes
CM Keith Keane
CF Danny Carr

Out of contract

GK Chris Dunn - Get rid
GK Sam Beasant - Would be happy for him to stay on as No.2 if he's cheap
CB Josh Coulson - keep. Good squad player as is far better than Mark Roberts. Offload Roberts and bring in another CB.
RM Ryan Donaldson - Get rid. What a shame he never discovered the form we saw in the conference and the first 6 months of the season in League 2. I would imagine some League 2 clubs would take a chance on him
CM - James Dunne - Keep. Been impressed with him since joining from Pompey.
CF - Robbie Simpson - Get rid. Been a good servant for the club but it's time for him to go.
CF - Jimmy Spencer - Keep. Give him another 12 months as back up to Barry Corr.

Returning Loan players

RB Darnell Furlong - QPR. I would keep him but I doubt QPR will let him go.
LB Ryan Haynes - Coventry. I would also offer him a deal and there is a chance it could happen with his contract up this summer.
RM - Zeli Ismail - Wolves. Again a chance of keeping him as his contract is up and has impressed me.
CM - Ryan Ledson - Everton. No chance of keeping him. He will play higher I'm sure.
CM/LB - Max Clarke - Hull. Keep, no idea if there is a chance though.

Lots of work to be done by Derry this summer as we relied heavily on loans due to Richard Money signing a lot of expensive crap.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Under Contract and that's good

GK Will Norris
CB Leon Legge
LB Gregg Taylor
CM Luke Berry
CM Conor Newton
LM Harrison Dunk
CF Ben Williamson
CF Barry Corr

Under Contract and that's bad

RB Elliot Omozusi
CB Mark Roberts
CM Jeff Hughes
CM Keith Keane
CF Danny Carr

Out of contract

GK Chris Dunn - Get rid
GK Sam Beasant - Would be happy for him to stay on as No.2 if he's cheap
CB Josh Coulson - keep. Good squad player as is far better than Mark Roberts. Offload Roberts and bring in another CB.
RM Ryan Donaldson - Get rid. What a shame he never discovered the form we saw in the conference and the first 6 months of the season in League 2. I would imagine some League 2 clubs would take a chance on him
CM - James Dunne - Keep. Been impressed with him since joining from Pompey.
CF - Robbie Simpson - Get rid. Been a good servant for the club but it's time for him to go.
CF - Jimmy Spencer - Keep. Give him another 12 months as back up to Barry Corr.

Returning Loan players

RB Darnell Furlong - QPR. I would keep him but I doubt QPR will let him go.
LB Ryan Haynes - Coventry. I would also offer him a deal and there is a chance it could happen with his contract up this summer.
RM - Zeli Ismail - Wolves. Again a chance of keeping him as his contract is up and has impressed me.
CM - Ryan Ledson - Everton. No chance of keeping him. He will play higher I'm sure.
CM/LB - Max Clarke - Hull. Keep, no idea if there is a chance though.

Lots of work to be done by Derry this summer as we relied heavily on loans due to Richard Money signing a lot of expensive crap.
Couldn't put it more succinctly myself. Our transfer rumours are already in full flow - Hylton, Noble .......

Successful summer will probably require moving on at least 4 of the 5 contracted mistakes as early as possible - to free up budget for some key signings. Based on Jez's tome on "Recruitment" in Tuesday's programme, I'm sure that this is in hand.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
What did Jez say in the programme? Can you post a copy on here.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
What did Jez say in the programme? Can you post a copy on here.
I was reading between the lines (and there are a lot of lines) but essentially he listed the management personnel recruited in the context of their role in recruitment ( Greg Abbot, Marc Tracy, Joe Dunne, George Buckley, James Clarke-Reid, Mark Walker, Will Stenner, etc ), along with a series of extracts from the Jez Management Manual on identifying and recruiting players to produce a cohesive balanced team - possibly a reaction to the Dickie driven recruitment in summer 2015. It felt a little defensive but Jez doesn't do defensive in the normal manner. Bless him.

No specifics about individual players.

hhttp://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/jez-george-3071635.aspx

Reactions: SVH

Hatter86

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
This could take a while because our squad is MASSIVE.

Under Contract And Keep
RB Stephen O'Donnell- A lot of people won't agree but I'd give him another year. Attacking fullback was hamstrung by Still's long ball tactics.
LB Dan Potts- Seems to be injury plagued but he is a solid left bac and I'd keep him as back up.
DC Scott Cuthbert- Again, this will be contentious. Much maligned under Still, has improved under Jones. He's captain and will definitely be there anyway
RB James Justin- One of three from our all conquering youth team to be given contracts. Interested to see where he goes
CB Frankie Musonda- Captain of aforementioned youth side. Has made a few first team appearances. Keep him.
CM Cameron McGeehan - No brainer.
RM Danny Green- Dodgy season but has real quality. Needs to sort of fitness and stop peddling hoodies on twitter.
AMC Paddy McCourt- Lazy, frustrating and looks like you'd find him clutching a bottle of Frosty Jacks on a town centre bench. Annoyingly brilliant at times
CM Olly Lee- If he didnt guarentee you 3 absolute worldies a season he'd be out of the door.
CM Tyreeq Bakinson- Star of the youth team. Could go a long way.
FWD Craig Mackail-Smith- Didn't realise how much he did for us until he got injured.
FWD Jack Marriott- Glad we tied him to a long contract. Will score a hatful for us.
FWD Josh McQuoid- Can be petulant and frustrating but I like his touch and direct running. Give him another year.

Under Contract And Get Rid
GK Elliot Justham- Doesn't command his area and prone to the odd blunder. Time to go.
DC Magnus Okuonghae- Never has a players perception of his own perfomances been further from reality. Liability.
DC Mark O'Brien- Did well in Scotland, looks out of his depth in League 2.
DMC Jonathan Smith- Difficult one but I don't see how his inability to pass it 5 yards fits into Jones's approach.
DMC Nathan Doyle- Inexplicably given a contract until 2018. Overweight and never available. No idea who'll take him.
CM Matt Robinson- Did well in the Conference season but never stepped up to league football.

Out Of Contract and Retain
GK Craig King- Youth team graduate, will do as an understudy for now.
CM Alex Lawless- Hard working and can play the defensive roll of Smith and Doyle with the added bonus of being able to pass.
AMC Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu- Absolutely essential he signs a new deal. When fit he is fantastic.
LB Luke Trotman- Signed professional turns last year. Need more time to see what he can do.
CM Isaac Galliford- Like Trotman he's had one year out of the youth side. Send him out on loan for another year.

Out of Contract and Release
LB Scott Griffiths- Limited and past his best.
RB Mark Onyemah- Will never play for us.
LB Jake Howells- Tried to leave at the start of the season, frozen out, Jones bought him back in. I'd let him go but I suspect he might get a deal.
LM Ryan Hall- No reason to keep him.
FWD Zane Banton- Had a pro deal for 3 years and spent it all out on loan without really doing anything. People want to see him do well but I think he may go.
FWD Paul Benson- Good servant, on the decline. Thank you and goodbye.

Loan Players
CB/CM Glen Rea- Highly rated, Jones loves him. Out of contract at Brighton and would take him in a heart beat.
LB/CB Alan Sheehan- Better at LB than CB but has done well in both positions. Out of contract with Bradford and wants to come.I'd take him.
FWD Joe Piggott- Take a tonne of abuse from idiots for not scoring in 10 minute cameos, starts two games and scores 3 goals. Out of contract with Charlton and I'd have him

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Under Contract:

Goalkeepers
Alex Cisak - Decent League Two keeper, happy to keep.
Charlie Grainger - Has Promise, happy to keep for next season.
Sam Seargant - 3rd choice youth keeper.

Defenders:
Sean Clohessy - His form has dipped for us in recent weeks, but for me a decent enough RB for this level. Better going forward then defending.
Alan Dunne - He'll 100% be released, he has been an awful signing for us. Not featured since January.

Midfielders:
Dean Cox - A great player for this level on his day, to lose him for the season really did hurt us.
Nigel Atangana - Good defensive midfielder for this level, great energy levels.
Sammy Moore - A good squad player to have in League Two, but not one you can rely on to start every week to push for promotion.

Strikers:
Jay Simpson - How in gods name he is still playing at this level is beyond me.
Ollie Palmer - Will probably be shipped out. Featured in every game for us this season in some capacity, but not a striker for this level to take you up.
Paul McCallum - Had a good start with us, but he missed the whole season since September with an ACL injury. Jury still very much out on him.
Armand Gnanduillet - Technically good, but lazy which rubs off badly on the crowd. Needs a boot up the bum. 10 goals in League Two this season though for us and Stevenage.

Out of Contract:
Defenders:

Frazer Shaw - Young left back who did show promise in places. Form dipped when Hendon left, never regained his form and all his potential looks lost. Would release him and get a more experienced LB in his place, but he will be a bit unlucky to go IMO.
Mathieu Baudry - He makes the odd error, but I would retain him as you won't get much better at this level. Sadly I think he will walk.
Nicky Hunt - Happy to keep him as a squad player, but expected to walk.
Connor Essam - Release. Did ok against the weaker sides, but the better players tore him to shreds. A huge gamble from Hendon which failed.

Midfielders:
Jack Payne - Had him on a season long loan with the option to buy him, I'd keep him, but I've heard he doesn't want to stay due to the circus.
Jobi McAnuff - Good player for this level, but he is on far far too much money to be retained. I'd keep him on reduced wages but he is 100% certain to be released.
Bradley Pritchard - Not been good enough in his 2 seasons with us and on decent money. Release.
Blair Turgott - Very quick and works hard. Decision making not good enough though, a gamble which didn't pay off. Release.
Lloyd James - I'd 100% keep him, good ball player for this level and we won't get much better. Expected to walk sadly.

Strikers:
Scott Kashkett - Young striker never really given a fair crack at the whip. Release, but he may well come back to haunt us.

Loans:
Peter Ramage - Would sign him as backup.
Jerome Binnon-Williams - Done ok overall for us, but he apparently wanted out of here a few weeks ago and Alan Pardew told him to stick with it!
Shaun Brisley - Would 100% sign him pernamently, but his form in recent weeks has dipped as our circus has gone into full swing. Expect him to re-sign for Northampton at the end of the season in League One.

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Under Contract:

Goalkeepers
Alex Cisak - Bin. Can get better.
Charlie Grainger - Keep. Great potential, loan out for a season to Braintree.
Sam Seargant - Sign to pro terms.

Defenders:
Sean Clohessy - Keep. Minority of one, but I like him. Unfairly scapegoated I think.
Alan Dunne - Bin. Not more to say.

Midfielders:
Dean Cox - Keep. Most valuable player at the club.
Nigel Atangana - Bin. Not good enough on the ball.
Sammy Moore - Bin. Has no intelligence.

Strikers:
Jay Simpson - Keep. Obviously.
Ollie Palmer - Bin. He may run a lot, but he has 0 quality.
Paul McCallum - Bin. Didn't like him before his injury.
Armand Gnanduillet - Bin. Don't even think he's that talented. Doesn't offer enough.

Out of Contract:
Defenders:

Frazer Shaw - Keep. He's really grown on me. Maybe get an experienced lb in and loan out to Bromley.
Mathieu Baudry - If money is no object, chuck everything at him to keep. Second most talented centre back in the league IMO. Will be off to L1.
Nicky Hunt - Bin. Don't rate him.
Connor Essam - Bin. Never rated him.

Midfielders:
Jack Payne - Bin. Not worth the money he was on.
Jobi McAnuff - Keep. He's a game changer.
Bradley Pritchard - Bin. Not good enough.
Blair Turgott - Bin. Really not good enough.
Lloyd James - Chuck slightly less money than at Baudry, but certainly chuck some. Keep. Really good ball player. Feel he might also go to L1, hopefully injuries count against him.

Strikers:
Scott Kashkett - Keep, loan out to Braintree, good potential.

Loans:
Peter Ramage - Bin. Don't rate.
Jerome Binnon-Williams - No chance but would keep.
Shaun Brisley - Keep, him and Baudry would make a great base to build on... If not, let's nick Tafazolli

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Under Contract

Simon Walton; Can pass the ball but less mobile than me.
Gwion Edwards; Winger with a goal in him. Our best player. I half expect to lose him for a pittance to a team that is a step up from us (Anybody).
McNerney (I think).; Centre back from non-league. Been injured mostly. Looks a good stopper though.

Out of Contract that I would keep.
Oyebanjo; Decent right back.

Out of contract we are likely to try to resign.

Matt Harold
Sonny Bradley (Capt)

To be honest, most of our lot are not good enough hence we are near the bottom. No money says you take what you can get.

I've probably missed someone on contract.

Casey

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
This could take a while because our squad is MASSIVE.

Under Contract And Keep
RB Stephen O'Donnell- A lot of people won't agree but I'd give him another year. Attacking fullback was hamstrung by Still's long ball tactics.
LB Dan Potts- Seems to be injury plagued but he is a solid left bac and I'd keep him as back up.
DC Scott Cuthbert- Again, this will be contentious. Much maligned under Still, has improved under Jones. He's captain and will definitely be there anyway
RB James Justin- One of three from our all conquering youth team to be given contracts. Interested to see where he goes
CB Frankie Musonda- Captain of aforementioned youth side. Has made a few first team appearances. Keep him.
CM Cameron McGeehan - No brainer.
RM Danny Green- Dodgy season but has real quality. Needs to sort of fitness and stop peddling hoodies on twitter.
AMC Paddy McCourt- Lazy, frustrating and looks like you'd find him clutching a bottle of Frosty Jacks on a town centre bench. Annoyingly brilliant at times
CM Olly Lee- If he didnt guarentee you 3 absolute worldies a season he'd be out of the door.
CM Tyreeq Bakinson- Star of the youth team. Could go a long way.
FWD Craig Mackail-Smith- Didn't realise how much he did for us until he got injured.
FWD Jack Marriott- Glad we tied him to a long contract. Will score a hatful for us.
FWD Josh McQuoid- Can be petulant and frustrating but I like his touch and direct running. Give him another year.

Under Contract And Get Rid
GK Elliot Justham- Doesn't command his area and prone to the odd blunder. Time to go.
DC Magnus Okuonghae- Never has a players perception of his own perfomances been further from reality. Liability.
DC Mark O'Brien- Did well in Scotland, looks out of his depth in League 2.
DMC Jonathan Smith- Difficult one but I don't see how his inability to pass it 5 yards fits into Jones's approach.
DMC Nathan Doyle- Inexplicably given a contract until 2018. Overweight and never available. No idea who'll take him.
CM Matt Robinson- Did well in the Conference season but never stepped up to league football.

Out Of Contract and Retain
GK Craig King- Youth team graduate, will do as an understudy for now.
CM Alex Lawless- Hard working and can play the defensive roll of Smith and Doyle with the added bonus of being able to pass.
AMC Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu- Absolutely essential he signs a new deal. When fit he is fantastic.
LB Luke Trotman- Signed professional turns last year. Need more time to see what he can do.
CM Isaac Galliford- Like Trotman he's had one year out of the youth side. Send him out on loan for another year.

Out of Contract and Release
LB Scott Griffiths- Limited and past his best.
RB Mark Onyemah- Will never play for us.
LB Jake Howells- Tried to leave at the start of the season, frozen out, Jones bought him back in. I'd let him go but I suspect he might get a deal.
LM Ryan Hall- No reason to keep him.
FWD Zane Banton- Had a pro deal for 3 years and spent it all out on loan without really doing anything. People want to see him do well but I think he may go.
FWD Paul Benson- Good servant, on the decline. Thank you and goodbye.

Loan Players
CB/CM Glen Rea- Highly rated, Jones loves him. Out of contract at Brighton and would take him in a heart beat.
LB/CB Alan Sheehan- Better at LB than CB but has done well in both positions. Out of contract with Bradford and wants to come.I'd take him.
FWD Joe Piggott- Take a tonne of abuse from idiots for not scoring in 10 minute cameos, starts two games and scores 3 goals. Out of contract with Charlton and I'd have him

In the main I broadly agree with you here, is try to get rid of McCourt though. As for the other potentially contentious ones, O'Donnell has made improvements after being shocking to start with, Green is a cock but he is talented and think gets a bit of unjustified abuse. I feel like I'm the only person who rates Lee!

On Pigott though I disagree slightly. Id like to think I'm not an idiot and I don't rate him. He started games before, it was not just cameos, and was very poor indeed.

In the same way people shouldn't right off a player after a couple of poor games, he needs to do more than play a couple of decent matches, after being given a rocket shot in the press and, no doubt privately as well by Jones. On the balance of what he has done right now I wouldn't take him, if he continues on a decent bit of form then I think we should consider it at the right price. Having said that people booing him into the pitch isn't on at all no matter the circumstance.

Last edited:

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We're never sure who's under contract, so fuck knows. Jake Taylor signed recently and Wheeler just signed a new deal so they will be here next season....otherwise it's pretty much guess work.

I expect Ribeiro will leave for L1 as he's too good for us and have a feeling Lee Holmes may go too.

Fingers crossed we keep the likes of Bobby Olejnik, Troy Brown, Jordan Moore-Taylor, David Noble (despite his fitness issues), Alex Nicholls and, of course, Ollie Watkins. Plus I really hope we can persuade Jayden Stockley to sign permanently as he's been great.

The following can be fired into the sun with all them County players:

Craig Woodman - I will cry if he stays
Jamie McAllister - too old
Matt Oakley - older than my gran
Danny Butterfield - old but will stay on coaching staff
Clinton Morrison - top bloke but you can't give out contracts for quality bantz.
Will Hoskins - Is he alive?

Undecided on Jordan Tillson, Tom McCready, Manny Oyeleke and Joel Grant.

Going to be a busy summer.

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Under contract - keep:
Will Norris - GK
Greg Taylor - LB
Leon Legge - CB
Luke Berry - CM
Conor Newton - CM
Harrison Dunk - LM
Barry Corr - ST
Ben Williamson - ST

Under contract - get rid:
Elliot Omozusi - RB
Keath Keane - CM
Jeff Hughes - LM
Danny Carr - ST

Out of contract - keep:
Sam Beasant - GK (as a backup option, if he's on a low-ish wage)
Josh Coulson - CB (always does a job, more than good enough cover for this division)
James Dunne - CM (good to have around, standard league two midfielder, give him a year)
Jimmy Spencer - ST (excellent footballer, one of the best first touches in our entire squad, decent goal/game ratio, earned another year)

Out of contract - get rid:
Chris Dunn - GK (terrible. Probably the more expensive out of the two goalkeepers so no good sitting on the bench)
Robbie Simpson - ST (great servant to the club, unfortunately won't ever offer enough goals to be kept on. His wages could be better used elsewhere)

Undecided:
Mark Roberts - CB (had a pretty horrendous season, but will be given a chance for a couple of games due to Legge's injury. Looked good on Tuesday, if he can pull out a few more decent performances, he may well be kept on, at Josh Coulson's expense due to circumstance)
Ryan Donaldson - RM (U's fans on here will say I'm being too sentimental by not saying he needs to be got shot of, and they're probably right. He's been awful for 18 months, but I still feel with a good pre-season theres something worth having in there, we all know how good he can be)

Loans:
Max Clark - LB/CM: try and keep. Looked a tidy player, I believe his Hull contract has another year to run, but well worth trying to sign permanently, or on a season-long loan.
Ryan Ledson - CM: do everything we possibly can to keep. Unbelievable talent, somehow goes unnoticed by some of our fans. He's destined for bigger things, but I wonder whether Everton would see another year of experience at this level as productive or not.
Shane O'Neill - CB/CM: I have no idea if he's good or not if I'm honest. Doubt we'll see him next season and can't say I'm particularly bothered.
Zeli Ismail - RM: offer a contract. His deal is up at Wolves, and he's the sort of player I love watching. Very exciting, but can be frustrating (to be expected at this level). Definitely worth having around.
Darnell Furlong - RB: go all out to sign one way or another. He keeps progressing, he's looking better each week. Probably not ready for QPR's first team, but a good enough prospect that they'll want to keep. It'll either take a sizeable fee to sign him permanently, or it may be a season-long loan at best.
Ryan Haynes - LB: another one who seems to have improved since he arrived. Out of contract at Coventry (I think), and not particularly highly rated it seems. I'd offer him a contract as he's young and there seems to be a lot of potential there.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Under Contract for Next Season:
Goalkeepers:
Mark Gillespie

Defenders:
David Atkinson
Mark Ellis
Danny Grainger
Patrick Brough

Midfielders:
Jason Kennedy
Luke Joyce

Forwards:
Charlie Wyke

So 8 players are currently contracted for next season, and the only one I'd hope we can move on is Joyce.

Out of Contract:
Keep:
Tom Miller - solid first season in the Football League, hopefully improve further next season.
Alex McQueen - still a young lad but decent first season and can only improve with experience.

Unsure:
Jabo Ibehre - it hasn't worked out for him in 2016, missed some absolute sitters.
Michael Raynes - played a key role this season but I don't think he suits Curle's tactics. Maybe keep as cover.
Anthony Sweeney - solid pro, always puts the effort in, but don't think he's good enough.

Get Rid:
Troy Archibald-Henville
Angelo Balanta
Joe Thompson
Bastien Hery
Steven Rigg
Dan Hanford
Derek Asamoah

Current Loans:
Alex Gilliead
Macaulay Gillesphey
Brandon Comley
Martin Smith
Hallam Hope
Jack Stacey

The only 2 loans I wouldn't mind back next season are Gilliead and Gillesphey but they're the only ones we've no chance of re-signing.

So, providing those are all correct, we've only got 8 players contracted til next season currently, and I can't see Curle keeping too much of the deadwood. Another big summer clear out.

Last edited:

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think Cambridge fans are pretty universally agreed on what needs to happen, with probably the only debate around loan signings. So in only stressing points that differ from posts already made:

Roberts - Don't let one game cloud your judgement, if we can get rid, we should.
Donaldson - Has to go
Ledson - My views on him are clear, I think he's been poor for us, but have never doubted that he'll be a reasonable footballer and he will be a better player next season, but I categortically wouldn't try to get him back, much rather have Clark.
Haynes - Of the LBs we've had this season Page was the best IMO and if we're going to target getting one back it should be him. I haven't seen enough from Haynes to justify having him back, like to see us go in a different direction.

If you assume that Derry wants a squad of 18 senior pros then I'd like:

GK: Norris, Beasant
DEF: Coulson, Legge, New CB, Taylor, Furlong, New LB
MID: Berry, Dunne, Dunk, Newton, Clark, Ismail, New RM/LM
FW: Corr, Williamson, Spencer

Still looks a bit thin though, would ideally like one more in each (except keepers) but we'll see, depends how far the budget goes and what we can get off the books.

Of course once we charge our way into and through the playoffs I'll revisit this in the League One section.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Under Contract for Next Season:
Goalkeepers:
Mark Gillespie

Defenders:
David Atkinson
Mark Ellis
Danny Grainger
Patrick Brough

Midfielders:
Jason Kennedy
Luke Joyce

Forwards:
Charlie Wyke

So 8 players are currently contracted for next season, and the only one I'd hope we can move on is Joyce.

Out of Contract:
Keep:
Tom Miller - solid first season in the Football League, hopefully improve further next season.
Alex McQueen - still a young lad but decent first season and can only improve with experience.

Unsure:
Jabo Ibehre - it hasn't worked out for him in 2016, missed some absolute sitters.
Michael Raynes - played a key role this season but I don't think he suits Curle's tactics. Maybe keep as cover.
Anthony Sweeney - solid pro, always puts the effort in, but don't think he's good enough.

Get Rid:
Troy Archibald-Henville
Angelo Balanta
Joe Thompson
Bastien Hery
Steven Rigg
Dan Hanford
Derek Asamoah

Current Loans:
Alex Gilliead
Macaulay Gillesphey
Brandon Comley
Martin Smith
Hallam Hope
Jack Stacey

The only 2 loans I wouldn't mind back next season are Gilliead and Gillesphey but they're the only ones we've no chance of re-signing.

So, providing those are all correct, we've only got 8 players contracted til next season currently, and I can't see Curle keeping too much of the deadwood. Another big summer clear out.

I think Ibehre might have triggered an extra year, well that's what I was told. Could be wrong though.

No way on hells earth i'd get rid of Asamoah while we're at this level. He's not going to start every week but his experience and pace to bring off the bench is very useful.

No chance of keeping Gilliead. May have a slight chance of Gillesphey if he doesn't get kept on at NUFC. I'd also like to get Jack Stacey in for the season if possible.

Pretty much agree with everything else. I like Raynes but him and Ellis together doesn't work and as Ellis has 2 years left, Raynes has to go. It might be harsh but we need better if we're to challenge.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
I think Ibehre might have triggered an extra year, well that's what I was told. Could be wrong though.

No way on hells earth i'd get rid of Asamoah while we're at this level. He's not going to start every week but his experience and pace to bring off the bench is very useful.

No chance of keeping Gilliead. May have a slight chance of Gillesphey if he doesn't get kept on at NUFC. I'd also like to get Jack Stacey in for the season if possible.

Pretty much agree with everything else. I like Raynes but him and Ellis together doesn't work and as Ellis has 2 years left, Raynes has to go. It might be harsh but we need better if we're to challenge.
I suppose Asamoah could've gone in either column, he's certainly scored a few crucial goals this season. I'd possibly keep him as a 4th forward, like you say I can't see him starting too many games next season wherever he's at. I'd prefer him to Rigg anyday, mind.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I put a thread out like this a couple of months ago; I think I wanted to get rid of something like 75% of our squad. A few have changed my minds. Nathan Jones has already said he wants to retain a fair amount of the team, but the squad size will be smaller, certainly (but that was said last season too):

Under Contract & Retain
Elliot Justham, Stephen O'Donnell, Dan Potts, Cameron McGeehan, Danny Green, Jack Marriott, Craig Mackail-Smith, Josh McQuoid, Nathan Doyle, Isaac Galliford, James Justin, Frankie Musonda, Tyreeq Bakinson
Under Contract & Transfer List
Jonathan Smith, Scott Cuthbert, Paddy McCourt, Magnus Okuonghae, Olly Lee, Mark O'Brien, Matt Robinson
End of Contract & Offer New Deal
Pelly Ruddock, Luke Trotman, Zane Banton,
End of Contract & Release
Craig King, Alex Lawless, Paul Benson, Ryan Hall, Scott Griffiths, Curtley Williams, Mark Onyemah, Jake Howells,
Loans Ending & Attempt to Sign
Glen Rea, Alan Sheehan, Joe Pigott (on loan only)
Loans Ending & Not to Sign

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Under Contract
Jordan Cranston
Harry Pell

Out of Contract
The Rest

Loans Ending
Rob Dickie (Reading)
Calum Burgess (Fulham)
Dillon Phillips (Charlton)
Jon Flatt (Wolves)

Gary Johnson has already said that he wants to retain the whole squad, so they will all be offered deals. I genuinely hope they all sign on for at least another year because they all deserve it.

Of the loanees, I'd love to see them all back at Whaddon Road next season. If we can get Dillon (my biggest wish) for another season then we won't need Jon Flatt. Rob Dickie I think is ready for a step up toe League One, and Fulham may well think the same for Calum Burgess, but again, they would be more than welcome back.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Unsure:

Jabo's back then! His goalscoring flurry of August was very out of character.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Jabo's back then! His goalscoring flurry of August was very out of character.
Still love him! I'd be tempted to keep him, but we could probably get better forwards to replace him. A couple of our fans reckon he wants a move back down south, Eastleigh were rumoured to be interested.

GloverGing

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Under Contract - Keep
CB - Alex Lacey
CB - Darren Ward
LB - Ryan Dickson
CM - Matthew Dolan
RM - Kevin Dawson
CM - Ollie Bassett

Unsure
RM/CM - Wes Fogden - he's an alright player but is very injury prone
ST - Ryan Bird - still our top scorer but Way doesn't seem too keen on him

Get Rid
ST - Mark Beck - absolute shite

Out of Contract - Keep
GK Artur Krysiak - Solid Keeper at this level
CB/RB/CM Ben Tozer - experienced and versatile
CM/LB Nathan Smith - Massively improved since his move to CB
CB Jakub Sokolik - One of our best players in the second half of the season
CM Marc Laird - Not sure what he brings to the team but Way seems to like him
GK Chris Weale - Decent enough back up and GK coach
LM Jack Compton - has injury issues but has impressed when he's played

Unsure
CB/ST Omar Sowunmi - Showed promise when played upfront, but season cut short by injury, give him pre-season to prove himself
CM Simon Gillett - would be a top player at this level, and one of our top earners. Offer him a contract, but he'll probably look elsewhere
ST Francois Zoko - I imagine its a case of keeping one of Zoko or Lita, Zoko has been more impressive, but Lita will probably be cheaper
ST Leroy Lita - see above

Release
Shaun Jeffers - He's a decent enough footballer, but just doesn't score enough goals
Jordan Gibbons - Injured for pretty much the whole season

Loans - get back
RB Connor Roberts (Swansea) - Only missed one game this season, would take him back in a heartbeat
CM Liam Walsh (Everton) - Top player, has a massive future. Try to get him back, but imagine Everton will want him playing a higher level
Loans send back
RB Liam Shepherd (Swansea)
RM Harry Cornick (Bournemouth)
RM Tahvon Campbell (West Brom)
ST Brandon Goodship (Bournemouth)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!