Who should your team sell?

royalblue234

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
My team:
Everton-
1. Howard; been a great keeper for us, but now is getting older and we need to replace him with someone younger and better
2. Alcaraz; been woeful all season, and with Distan also going we'll need two new CB's alongside Jagielka and Stones
3. Oviedo; I personally think he's a great player, but the likelihood of him actually getting a game ahead of Baines is getting smaller and smaller. We should sell him and try to keep Luke Garbutt instead.
4. Barry; he's way past his best and was a serious liability this season. His time at Everton is up, and now we need to sign a replacement with real quality, or just give his place to the already impressive Besic
5. McArthy; he was awful for us this season, and despite having only played one full season with us he should be sold off and replaced with Lennon, who's been excellent since he joined.
6. Miralles; it's more than likely that he'll leave anyway, so we shouldn't spend our summer battling to keep him. Sell him for a few million and bring in another quality player.
9. Kone; was given his chance when he came back from injury but has played nearly well enough to justify his place. Sadly, we should sell him off.
10. Barkley; some may regard him as our best player, but in my mind the guy will never be as good as some think he can be. Whilst there's still interest in him we should get a large sum of money by selling him off and use that money to get someone else (I know it's unreasonable, but if we could get Kevin De Bruyne (who I really regret not getting on loan from Chelsea) that'd be perfect)

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
Jonny Evans; to still be considered a liability at 27 isn't good enough. He was excellent in Fergie's last season but has only regressed since then and I don't trust him in the side. A fresh start would hopefully do him good he is a talent.
Rafael; we just can't rely on him with his injury record. A new, solid RB should be a priority this summer.
Cleverley; I'm delighted at how he's done under Sherwood and think he should stay at Villa as he's not going to get any game time here.

I wouldn't be against keeping one of Hernandez or Van Persie providing they'd be willing to be the 4th choice striker (behind Rooney, a new striker and Wilson) but in the same vein I wouldn't be too displeased if both left.

I haven't fully given up on Nani yet and if he has a good pre season I think he could have something to offer next season, he'll most likely leave but we'll see what happens.

Nath

Reaction score
Supports
José
RvP, Nani, Cleverley, Evans and Hernandez.

RvP's best days are now behind him. He's having far too many injuries again. Nani has been given long enough at the club. Nowhere near consistent enough. Hernandez was sent to Madrid because he wasnt impressing. I don't really want him back. Cleverley doesn't need an explanation. Evans is absolutely useless too.

Toffee_Joe

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
My team:
Everton-
1. Howard; been a great keeper for us, but now is getting older and we need to replace him with someone younger and better
2. Alcaraz; been woeful all season, and with Distan also going we'll need two new CB's alongside Jagielka and Stones
3. Oviedo; I personally think he's a great player, but the likelihood of him actually getting a game ahead of Baines is getting smaller and smaller. We should sell him and try to keep Luke Garbutt instead.
4. Barry; he's way past his best and was a serious liability this season. His time at Everton is up, and now we need to sign a replacement with real quality, or just give his place to the already impressive Besic
5. McArthy; he was awful for us this season, and despite having only played one full season with us he should be sold off and replaced with Lennon, who's been excellent since he joined.
6. Miralles; it's more than likely that he'll leave anyway, so we shouldn't spend our summer battling to keep him. Sell him for a few million and bring in another quality player.
9. Kone; was given his chance when he came back from injury but has played nearly well enough to justify his place. Sadly, we should sell him off.
10. Barkley; some may regard him as our best player, but in my mind the guy will never be as good as some think he can be. Whilst there's still interest in him we should get a large sum of money by selling him off and use that money to get someone else (I know it's unreasonable, but if we could get Kevin De Bruyne (who I really regret not getting on loan from Chelsea) that'd be perfect)

So you went to sell five of our first 11 players as well as four useful squad players. That would barely leave us with a side we could put out! I would sell/release:

Distin - going anyway. Think Alcaraz is worth keeping hold of if we want to send either Galloway or Browning out on loan. If not happy for him to go as well providing we get an experienced 3rd choice in.

Gibson - If we can get a decent fee for him. Not good enough or fit enough.

Kone - Not good enough

Mirrallas - See if we can get a good fee for him to recycle and buy the next guy. would love him to stay if he signs a contract though.

Otherwise I don't want to see major changes this summer. Lets see how we do without European football. We should be on the lookout for a new keeper and a winger, plus a replacement for Kone. I know its boring but we have a really good young spine in Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku. Next year for me is about these players stepping up and maybe a Ledson or Galloway joining them.

Anon

Reaction score
Supports
Nothing
Only Nolan really - though won't get anything for him and I'd imagine he'd be impossible to move on anyway given the size of his contract. Of the rest that are fringe, a case could be made to retain them depending on who's in charge and how they use them; Carroll, Jarvis, Amalfitano, Zarate, Maiga and O'Brien all fall into that category.

Jarv

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester United
Evans - as has been mentioned was really good in Fergies last season but doesn't seem to be able to get any form and is i njured a lot. both Jones and Smalling are better to keep.

Rafael - Still think he's good enough technically but he's made of Glass. Injuries have cost us a lot of points over the last 2 season we need playerswho can stay fit.

RVP - played well in 3 games in 2 years now, one of which was for Holland. Offers no movemnet or workrate and when he does get a chance doesn't take it often enough anymore.

Cleverley - Done well at Villa, pleased to see him flourishing and he's not getting in the first 11 he'd be better to stay at Villa where he will get more games.

Anders Lindegaard - Now 4th choice?

Nick Powell - Obviously not good enough or would have got a decent chance by now

Hernandez and nani I'm not fussed either way if LVG thinks they can offer somethign and stay great if they're sold so be it

Smally

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Howard - after his best season ever he's gone and had his worst.

Kone - not good enough

Distin & Alcaraz are getting released anyway.

Reaction score
Supports
Dr Tony's Villa Revolution
Brad Guzan - Think we need a more reliable first choice keeper, and I don't think Guzan will be happy to be benchwarming, I do however think Given will continue to fulfill that role, therefore byebye Guzan.

Ron Vlaar - Useless. No pace. Lives off the world cup last year, been utterly shocking for us this season, and he wasn't that great in the preceeding seasons imo.

Nathan Baker - Always looks far too clumsy when he comes in, has a great game every now and again, but there is much better out there.

Joe Cole - What was the point of him signing again?

Chris Herd - What is the point of us paying someone who doesn't play a game for us? The lad is twenty fucking six now. Go find a nice Championship/League One club where you'll get some playing time, mate. Rather than staying with us and getting a game every now and again in a major injury crises.

Kieran Richardson (much as he was by far and away our best player in the final, sadly enough) - He doesn't fit in, he's only getting games because we have one left back, and he's injured. He's not a left back and he won't be getting in the side at CM with Delph, Sanchez, Westwood, Cleverley (hopefully) ahead of him. Only good point he seems to have is a bit of determination, and some pace.

Charles N'Zogbia - Waste of fucking space.

Andy Weimann - Not good enough imo, though may be useful up top, we wouldn't know, as he's always been played on the right wing for some reason.

Gabby Agbonlahor - Sorry, Gabby, I love you, but you just don't serve your purpose anymore, not good enough to play up front alone, not good enough on the wing, even his old skill of pace seems to be declining. He just doesn't get into the game anymore, so unfortunately, I think it's time for us to part ways. Much as the lad has been loyal as all hell, and don't get me wrong, there's a few on here I wouldn't be too unhappy if they stayed, Gabby certainly falls into that category out of pure sentiment. But there's no room for sentiment in football.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
My team:
Everton-

worst wind up in history

Storzy

Reaction score
Supports
Arsenal
Szczesny - I still have faith that he could be a very good goalkeeper, he just needs to learn a bit more discipline and consistency. If we could arrange a year or so out on loan, then I'd favour that over selling him. Either way I think we need to look at making room for a new goalkeeper.

Flamini - When he first returned he helped offer a bit more balance to the team, but as the season progressed he got slower and slower and now looks a shadow of the tenacious midfielder he once was.

Diaby - RIP :sad:

Jenkinson - Like Szczesny I'd much rather he went out on loan considering Debuchy's age and injuries. It's just whether or not he'd be happy with that. Maybe we'll sell him at a lower price to include a buy back option, similar to what we did with Vela?

Podolski - King of the Selfie! I do like Podolski, his left boot is a cannon. However if he doesn't score a goal he doesn't really contribute and can find himself being a passenger too often. He's too far down the pecking order now.

Sanogo - Awful player, I'm not sure how he's done for Crystal Palace as I believe injuries haven't helped? But from what I've seen at Arsenal he needs to drop down at least one level.

Campbell - There was some excitement after Costa Rica had such a good world cup, but he never really made an impact here. Is suspect that the new contract he signed was so we can make a bit of money on him. Looks to have some talent though, just not enough.

Miyaichi - Flatters to deceive, like Sanogo needs to drop down at least one level.

Nothing too exciting there, but our squad is looking the strongest for a long time.

thespus

Reaction score
Supports
Arsenal
Szczesny - I still have faith that he could be a very good goalkeeper, he just needs to learn a bit more discipline and consistency. If we could arrange a year or so out on loan, then I'd favour that over selling him. Either way I think we need to look at making room for a new goalkeeper.

Flamini - When he first returned he helped offer a bit more balance to the team, but as the season progressed he got slower and slower and now looks a shadow of the tenacious midfielder he once was.

Diaby - RIP :sad:

Jenkinson - Like Szczesny I'd much rather he went out on loan considering Debuchy's age and injuries. It's just whether or not he'd be happy with that. Maybe we'll sell him at a lower price to include a buy back option, similar to what we did with Vela?

Podolski - King of the Selfie! I do like Podolski, his left boot is a cannon. However if he doesn't score a goal he doesn't really contribute and can find himself being a passenger too often. He's too far down the pecking order now.

Sanogo - Awful player, I'm not sure how he's done for Crystal Palace as I believe injuries haven't helped? But from what I've seen at Arsenal he needs to drop down at least one level.

Campbell - There was some excitement after Costa Rica had such a good world cup, but he never really made an impact here. Is suspect that the new contract he signed was so we can make a bit of money on him. Looks to have some talent though, just not enough.

Miyaichi - Flatters to deceive, like Sanogo needs to drop down at least one level.

Nothing too exciting there, but our squad is looking the strongest for a long time.

These, though I'd only loan Jenkinson. I'm still inclined to sell Walcott if a player such as Reus, Greizmann, etc. were available to us. Theo has a seems a good teammate and is dangerous, but if we want to challenge for the title and improve in Europe, these are the ruthless upgrades required. He'd be a fine squad player, but he deserves first team football and Oxlade-Chamberlain will be a better player. Hopefully Gnabry can be loaned to a mid-table prem side. Swansea would be a great fit.

Anon

Reaction score
Supports
Nothing
Despite him being a good player and one that's probably too expensive for us to sign, has Jenkinson got a future at Arsenal? With Bellerin and the older head Debuchy, is there a real need for another senior rightback who'll want significant game time?

thespus

Reaction score
Supports
Arsenal
Despite him being a good player and one that's probably too expensive for us to sign, has Jenkinson got a future at Arsenal? With Bellerin and the older head Debuchy, is there a real need for another senior rightback who'll want significant game time?

Debuchy will only be around for another season. Harsh on him, as I though he fit in very well when he played, but his series of freak injuries allowed for Bellerin to emerge, and it will take a dramatic drop in form for the pecking order to change. Loan Jenkinson for one more season and then have him and Bellerin compete in the future. I still think Jenkinson can be taught how to play CB similar to Chambers. He's rapid and strong, it's a question of his ability to learn the positioning. Besides, if Bellerin keeps this up, we'll have a tough time keeping him when/if Barca come calling.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Jonny Evans; to still be considered a liability at 27 isn't good enough. He was excellent in Fergie's last season but has only regressed since then and I don't trust him in the side. A fresh start would hopefully do him good he is a talent.
Rafael; we just can't rely on him with his injury record. A new, solid RB should be a priority this summer.
Cleverley; I'm delighted at how he's done under Sherwood and think he should stay at Villa as he's not going to get any game time here.

I wouldn't be against keeping one of Hernandez or Van Persie providing they'd be willing to be the 4th choice striker (behind Rooney, a new striker and Wilson) but in the same vein I wouldn't be too displeased if both left.

I haven't fully given up on Nani yet and if he has a good pre season I think he could have something to offer next season, he'll most likely leave but we'll see what happens.

Why do United fans rate Wilson so highly? A kid being Man United's third choice striker is absolutely ridiculous.

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
Why do United fans rate Wilson so highly? A kid being Man United's third choice striker is absolutely ridiculous.
Maybe cos some of us think he's good enough? Given that that the likely formation going forward is 433, meaning only one striker is needed for the line up, I don't see any problems with having a talented youngster as one of the back-ups. He can't do any worse than Falcao and Van Persie did last season.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Maybe cos some of us think he's good enough? Given that that the likely formation going forward is 433, meaning only one striker is needed for the line up, I don't see any problems with having a talented youngster as one of the back-ups. He can't do any worse than Falcao and Van Persie did last season.

I've gathered that, thanks..

I was asking what you're basing it on. He's not done much in first team games has he? Or has he? A club like United usually have 3 or 4 top class strikers.

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
I've gathered that, thanks..

I was asking what you're basing it on. He's not done much in first team games has he? Or has he? A club like United usually have 3 or 4 top class strikers.
Well we've only got one top class striker at the minute and I can only see us buying one striker at most this summer. LVG has integrated Wilson into the first team and speaks highly of him so it's only logical to assume he'll have a bigger part to play next season, providing injuries don't strike. I'd certainly have more confidence on him making an impact from the bench over Van Persie.

Jarv

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester United
Well we've only got one top class striker at the minute and I can only see us buying one striker at most this summer. LVG has integrated Wilson into the first team and speaks highly of him so it's only logical to assume he'll have a bigger part to play next season, providing injuries don't strike. I'd certainly have more confidence on him making an impact from the bench over Van Persie.

he certainly can't be a worse player of the Bench than RVP is/was ;last season or Falcao was last season. the more he's in and around the first team and getting minutes even if they're off the bench it will only serve to make him a better player. We're only going to play 1 striker and that will be Rooney most of the time or maybe another striker we buy. He suffered a bit last season in the games he played we were not playing well at all.

He might never make it, he might be a phenomenon but we'll never know unless we give him a chance.

Shank

Reaction score
Supports
LIverpool
Gerrard / Johnson - already released. Enough has been said of those two.

Sell

Borini - Although I admired his determination to stay and fight for his place, not getting enough games or a fair crack under Rodgers. Probably worth moving on for his own good.
Toure - Don't think we really need him, but signed a deal so he's staying. Good experience but we don't need cheerleaders.
Enrique - Doesn't play - Rodgers mustn't like him. Possibly Injury-prone as that's his excuse for missing games most of the time.
Mignolet - If we keep Rodgers then I'd consider/like to see a better 'footballing' GK, his distribution is woeful yet we're always passing back to him.
Brad Jones - Don't even think he's 2nd GK-quality.

We need a very good summer transfer window.

Bilo

Reaction score
Supports
Women writing about women
2WZDt0f.gif

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Mino Raiola & Jorge Mendes
Evans
Jones
van Persie
Valencia
Rooney

Nani and Hernandez once back from loan.

Reaction score
Supports
Dr Tony's Villa Revolution
Evans - Better backup than Baker
Jones > Vlaar
van Persie >Agbonlahor
Valencia > N'Zogbia
Rooney - Great backup for Benteke

Think that'd be some decent improvement, we'd be midtable with that.

merseyboyred

Reaction score
Supports
Leivapool
Twitter
@merseyboyred
My team:
Everton-

I guess you already got rid of 7 & 8?

Gilly?

Reaction score
Supports
British Darts Organisation
Twitter
@ActualGilly
Raheem Sterling - He clearly doesn't want to be there, he's not as good as he thinks he is even though his potential is huge. The idea scenario would be persuading him to stay and helping his realise his potential, but £40m for someone who isn't even close to being the finished article is too good to refuse. Let him go and replace him with a player of intent. £40m to do that should be feasible.

Sebastian Coates He always looks terrified when he's on the pitch, he looked alright for Sunderland towards the end of last season but I don't think he's going to have much of a future here.

Rickie Lambert - Hasn't really worked out for him, he's a good player but isn't getting much of a look in. Best selling him on, let him play in the latter years of his career.

Fabio Borini - Works his arse off, but he's not that good and the £11m fee for him was pretty funny. Sent him back to Italy, or the knackers yard. Whichever.

Mario Balotelli - I actually like the giant man child and there's a footballer in the somewhere but unless he really wants to put the work in he'll just be another player who had the potential to be great but his attitude and work rate means he'll be a bit bobbins. Let him be someone else's problem.

Luis Alberto - Not entirely sure why we signed him in the first place, probably best to let him go away.

Iago Aspas - I'm not even sure if he's still at the club, but sell him again if we haven't already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!