Who will be in the top 7

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We had Covid unfortunately, so we may have to wait until next season now but trust me, we are the true best team in this division and had we not been so unlucky I'm sure that a double promotion would have been on for us because we were the only team good enough to hold their own in L1 next season and even go a step further into the Championship.

Any of the other sides who go up are guaranteed to come back down, especially the one who accommodate their whole team around a 38 year old who when probably retires in the summer will result in that team getting hammered 6-0 week in and week out if they luck their way up into L1 this season..
And why would div 1 hold any fears for us.......I would expect Evatt to have the top budget in the lge if Sunderland get promoted

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I just don't get this Bolton/Tranmere thing?

Is it some kind of ManU/Liverpool rivalry, but for minnows?
The is no Bolton/Tranmere thing
Minnows is all you will catch with your fishing.

Just a personal vendetta by a sad individual aimed at Me and Bolton

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Stevowanderer sets out the Rovers/Bolton history fairly accurately. They moved onto bigger and better things for a while and it was largely forgotten. However, whenever I look at their fans forum before our matches, there still seems to be a surprising amount of dislike for TRFC, given the passage of time.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I just don't get this Bolton/Tranmere thing?

Is it some kind of ManU/Liverpool rivalry, but for minnows?
It goes back to the early 80s and an FA Cup game. Nasty stuff happened and an element of their support keeps it going even though all of our hooligan element has been banned for life or long term. Look at their social media and ours and you will see how one sided it is. Using the word minnows will have the cretin Masi51 on your back. Careful with that one. He thinks he is my nemesis.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Stevowanderer sets out the Rovers/Bolton history fairly accurately. They moved onto bigger and better things for a while and it was largely forgotten. However, whenever I look at their fans forum before our matches, there still seems to be a surprising amount of dislike for TRFC, given the passage of time.

It goes back to the early 80s and an FA Cup game. Nasty stuff happened and an element of their support keeps it going even though all of our hooligan element has been banned for life or long term. Look at their social media and ours and you will see how one sided it is. Using the word minnows will have the cretin Masi51 on your back. Careful with that one. He thinks he is my nemesis.
i found the word minnows quite amusing, sums your mentality up
Wonders how you got around your ban.

At least i wont have to suffer your pathetic personal comments next season.

Seeing it is a new week.........Get fucked !!

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

I hope your team fuck it up. The amount of abuse you deserve if they do makes it worth it. I was never banned you retard.

wessy

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
My memory for what it's worth revolved around John Aldridge. Quote

Aldridge incurred the wrath of Bolton fans when he gave them the thumbs down signal after scoring a penalty in the last match of the 96-97 season at Prenton Park where a 2-2 draw denied Colin Todd's team a century of points. It was construed at the time as suggesting Wanderers would come straight back down from the Premiership and prompted Todd to suggest Aldridge had "a lot to learn about management".

But Aldridge insisted after that game that he meant no offence and wished Wanderers well.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

7 North West clubs have won the top tier championship. 2 more have been runners up. Your club is not one of them. Therefore Minnows.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
7 North West clubs have won the top tier championship. 2 more have been runners up. Your club is not one of them. Therefore Minnows.
your rattled lah.......

Never be minnows, sure your not on a banning order
you have a very short fuse

maybe you need help

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
your rattled lah.......

Never be minnows, sure your not on a banning order
you have a very short fuse

maybe you need help
Big clubs win the top division or finish second. You have not done either. That puts you 10th in the North West at best. Adding in clubs from other regions who have been 1st or 2nd you are a long way down the list. Minnows. Constantly repeating things other posts have said to you also makes you unoriginal. Resorting to insults and abuse (even to other Bolton fans who disagree with you) shows that you are the one with a short fuse. Accept reality.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Aldridge incurred the wrath of Bolton fans when he gave them the thumbs down signal after scoring a penalty in the last match of the 96-97 season at Prenton Park where a 2-2 draw denied Colin Todd's team a century of points. It was construed at the time as suggesting Wanderers would come straight back down from the Premiership and prompted Todd to suggest Aldridge had "a lot to learn about management".

But Aldridge insisted after that game that he meant no offence and wished Wanderers well.
I think the origin was actually Phil Neal's comments ahead of the play off final in 1991. He suggested that we had no right to be competing in a promotion play off with Bolton, considering they had finished ten (I think) points ahead of us and only missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference.

Needless to say, our players pinned his comments to the dressing room wall and we beat them at Wembley.

There were actually a few feisty encounters in the late eighties / early nineties prior to that game, when the two teams were competing for promotion to the second tier.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Big clubs win the top division or finish second. You have not done either. That puts you 10th in the North West at best. Adding in clubs from other regions who have been 1st or 2nd you are a long way down the list. Minnows. Constantly repeating things other posts have said to you also makes you unoriginal. Resorting to insults and abuse (even to other Bolton fans who disagree with you) shows that you are the one with a short fuse. Accept reality.
That puts us 10th at what.....So the are nine more clubs in the north west with more honours etc than us....great
You are wrong but great.
Bolton are somewhere between 20th to 30th Biggest club in England
Neither a powerhouse or Minnows
We are what we are
You neither like me or my club, bit of a shitter for you this year lah

Other Bolton fans, the one who was from Blackburn who claimed to be a shareholder
and the one who said Nick Mason had pumped £5m into Bolton
Unlike you i can see the bullshitters

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

John Aldridge received far more abuse from opposition fans than he gave. He was a wind up merchant though and more often than not he had the last laugh because of his prolific goal scoring. Thus making him one of the most hated players of his time with other clubs fans.
Can remember him wheeling away from the Bolton fans giving them the finger after Pat Nevin scored the winning goal on Easter Friday 1995 causing many a trotter to lose the plot. Can’t remember Aldo himself being prolific against Bolton though.
Two great Bolton players of the time I couldn’t stand were David Lee and John Mcginlay. Lee had the ability to dive yards up into the air when anyone came close to him and Mcginlay always left a bit in when tackling. Two great footballers non the less.
As RobShep says, the animosity between the 2 clubs goes back to a FA cup tie and replay in 1983 when away fans at both ties got slashed. Then during another FA cup tie at Burnden park in 1986, Nat Lofthouse called the Tranmere support “scum” during half time announcements.
Just like to conclude with my neighbours are Bolton fans, as too are my window cleaners and over the years have had many colleagues who have supported Bolton and they’ve all been good people.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
John Aldridge received far more abuse from opposition fans than he gave. He was a wind up merchant though and more often than not he had the last laugh because of his prolific goal scoring. Thus making him one of the most hated players of his time with other clubs fans.
Can remember him wheeling away from the Bolton fans giving them the finger after Pat Nevin scored the winning goal on Easter Friday 1995 causing many a trotter to lose the plot. Can’t remember Aldo himself being prolific against Bolton though.
Two great Bolton players of the time I couldn’t stand were David Lee and John Mcginlay. Lee had the ability to dive yards up into the air when anyone came close to him and Mcginlay always left a bit in when tackling. Two great footballers non the less.
As RobShep says, the animosity between the 2 clubs goes back to a FA cup tie and replay in 1983 when away fans at both ties got slashed. Then during another FA cup tie at Burnden park in 1986, Nat Lofthouse called the Tranmere support “scum” during half time announcements.
Just like to conclude with my neighbours are Bolton fans, as too are my window cleaners and over the years have had many colleagues who have supported Bolton and they’ve all been good people.
These happened 35 years ago...From day one The Walley from Wallasey give me shit, the rest a bit of banter humour.....yourself included i have more than returned it.
Walley wont let it go

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I know a few people from Bolton myself but none support Bolton Wanderers. One supports Arsenal which is bizarre.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
These happened 35 years ago...From day one The Walley from Wallasey give me shit, the rest a bit of banter humour.....yourself included i have more than returned it.
Walley wont let it go
Thats because i do not see banter from you. I just see childish sniping. Its hard to respect somebody who shows no sign of being worth it.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Thats because i do not see banter from you. I just see childish sniping. Its hard to respect somebody who shows no sign of being worth it.
Once again you have been proven wrong with FACTS. Once again your only response is name calling. Grow up you child.

wessy

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Walley wont let it go

The only thing i have issue with in your comment is that it really doesn't sound like something Nat Lofthouse would do or say.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The only thing i have issue with in your comment is that it really doesn't sound like something Nat Lofthouse would do or say.
This is how I remember it.
The Lion of Vienna himself,Nat Lofthouse walked on to the pitch at half time . Microphone in hand, and in no uncertain terms told the crowd that hooliganism wasn’t welcome inside or outside Burnden Park. Fair enough!
The “foul mouthed scum” part of his speech, appeared to be deliberately aimed at the 150 or so away fans housed in the Normid end of that covered railway side.
Ironically enough it was the Tranmere fans who took the brunt of the verbal abuse that day with all the usual Merseyside slurs. And then there was the not so small matter of “running the gauntlet“ through the Normid car park and back to the railway station after the game.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Once again you have been proven wrong with FACTS. Once again your only response is name calling. Grow up you child.
what facts..........stop bleating and let it go it was years ago
Stop bleating about your mate, yes it should never of happened, but it was certainly nobody off here.
I get you dont like me or Bolton.....best you ignore both

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I wouldn’t write off Cheltenham at all. They’ve failed to win the last two but had about 40 shots across the two games and god only knows how they didn’t win both let alone either of them. They’re playing well but just had some bad luck. Lest we forget they will top if they win their game in hand.

I’d go for Cheltenham, Bolton and one of us and Tranmere (and maybe Morecambe) as the top three.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I was attacked by Orient fans after a cup game in the late 80s.
Do I still harbour a grudge? Nah. Well, not much....

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wouldn’t write off Cheltenham at all. They’ve failed to win the last two but had about 40 shots across the two games and god only knows how they didn’t win both let alone either of them. They’re playing well but just had some bad luck. Lest we forget they will top if they win their game in hand.

I’d go for Cheltenham, Bolton and one of us and Tranmere (and maybe Morecambe) as the top three.
We actually won one of our last two, but I agree.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Looks like an 8 way fight for the top 3 if Exeter and Newport both win their game in hand.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I still think Cheltenham will go up and fancy them to beat Tranmere on Friday. Tranmere don’t seem to be putting teams away and are struggling to score goals.

Cheltenham have struggled in some midweek games but fancy them to get the points with a week off. It would favour us too as I expect Bolton to win and if we can pick up 3 points it would see us all pull away a bit further.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We will all know on the 8th of May. Until the full season is played its speculation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!