Your Squads for Next Season

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
With the business end of the season approaching, it's time to see who'll stay and who'll go for next season.

For Crewe:

GOALKEEPERS:

William Jaaskelainen:
UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Had some time out of the side after a string of poor performances over Christmas but will more than likely be our starting goalkeeper again next season.

David Richards: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Constant backup and the bloke is a great lad, but I'm not sure he's the right keeper to challenge Will. We need a more experienced keeper in but Richards will see out his deal as backup, else I'd loan him to a L2/NL side for the season.

Sam Booth: RELEASE - Young lad who would've played by now if he offered anything, will be replaced by the next keeper to rise up the youth ranks.

DEFENDERS:

Harry Pickering:
RETURN TO PARENT CLUB - Sold to Blackburn for an initial £650,000 in January before being loaned back to us for the rest of the season and will be their starting left back next season, although it'll be interesting to see what happens if they sack Tony Mowbray in the Summer. Even if a new manager didn't see him in his plans, there's no chance he'll be back here next season. He'll go with our best wishes. We'll find it hard to replace him next season.

Donervon Daniels: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Injury prone but has looked good when he's played and rarely put a foot wrong. But you can see throughout his career he's been riddled with injuries. Must come back fitter and stronger next season but certainly not a bad player by any means.

Eddie Nolan: RELEASE - Currently out on loan at Motherwell and I'm not even sure he's played a game there yet. Was outstanding for us in League Two but hardly featured over the last 18 months. Was an excellent defender in League Two but this isn't his level. Steady Eddie will depart with our best wishes. Also rumoured to have had significant injury problems that may see him call time on his career this Summer.

Oliver Lancashire: RELEASE - Injury prone and poor in League Two but a very dependable backup when called upon in League One. The problem is he's on a high wage, won't be a regular starter next season and was signed for League Two and not League One. If we want to progress as a football club next season, there is absolutely no room for sentiment. On that basis, he must be released. But I'm sure he could do a job for most L2 clubs and any top NL clubs for the next 2 years if he stays fit.

Luke Offord: UNDER CONTRACT (2023) - Will be a big sale of ours in a few years and, given his age, we'll probably be able to extend his deal to 2024 if we don't sell him by 2023. Outstanding defender who can play all over the back line and who hasn't put a foot wrong since he broke into the side in January 2020. Unlucky to have had an injury which kept him out for 3 months but he bounced back with a solid performance on Monday vs MK Dons.

Rio Adebisi: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Impressive game against a strong Villa side in the cup last season but the form of Harry Pickering and a string of injuries have limited his game time. Done very well when called upon in recent weeks and will have a bigger role next season. Is very versatile, can play at full back, on the wing and in midfield on both sides and will look to make the LB position his own when Harry Pickering departs. If he starts well, I expect a 2 year contract extension to be offered by Christmas.

Billy Sass-Davies: ACTIVATE 2 YEAR EXTENSION TO 2023 - Was thrown in the deep end by Dave Artell a couple of years ago and wasn't ready. Signed a 2 year deal in 2019 with a 2 year optional extension which I'm certain we'll trigger after his impressive spell on loan at Yeovil this winter. Will be solid enough backup and will have a genuine chance at breaking into the side next season. This is why players like Lancashire have to go because Sass-Davies has a far bigger upside and, with the right development, will be a key player for us in the coming years.

Travis Johnson: UNSURE - Had a golden chance to make RB his own once Perry Ng was sold but a terrible own goal against Swindon and basic errors in the games preceding this have seen him frozen out of the side. Had a contract stand off with us two years ago when a rival club showed interest but balked at the six figure fee we'd command for his services as per EPPP. Offord and Beckles have been far better options at RB as has Adebisi when he was forced to play there. Artell has constantly offered him one year extensions unlike the other lads in his age bracket and I genuinely don't think he rates him as highly as others in the same age bracket. I'd release, but it wouldn't surprise me if we kept him. Either way, a natural RB is needed next season.

Nathan Woodthorpe: KEEP - Only a teenager and worth another years deal, possibly two. Is a natural LB so could potentially offer something next season. Would expect him to be loaned to Step 2 or Step 3 of non league next season to further his development.

Omar Beckles: KEEP - An excellent signing since he joined from Shrewsbury in the Summer and, bar the odd bad game, has been very dependable. The club has a one year option but we've offered him an improved contract that'd certainly put him amongst our highest earners and could possibly add another year onto the initial extension. I'd see no sense in him rejecting the improved contract if we can just trigger the extension anyway (unless it was a player's option which I doubt), so I expect him to be back next season. Very versatile and has done a job for us at CB and RB and probably could do one at LB if needed when Pickering leaves.

Billy Jones: DON'T RE-SIGN - Played three games on loan from Rotherham and we've sent him back anyway because he was injured. A class player but injuries have ruined him and I wouldn't have him back permanently as a result. I expect Rotherham to release him and him to retire this Summer. Could see him back here as a coach one day mind.

Nathan Wood: RE-SIGN ON LOAN IF POSSIBLE - Outstanding player who has shown maturity far beyond his teenage years when called upon at centre half. I'd love him to be back for the full season next year but think it's far more likely that Neil Warnock will have plans for him in his Middlesbrough side next season. This kid will have a bright future in the game so if we don't get him back, I wish him the very best in the future.

MIDFIELDERS:

Ryan Wintle:
RELEASE - I mean I'd love to keep him, but we've known for a long time he's well on his way having rejected multiple contract offers. Performances have tailed off at the higher level but I have a feeling he's been tapped up by a club very local to us in the division above who haven't exactly been hiding their interest in him over the past 12-18 months. Don't think he's good enough for the Championship yet, certainly good enough for this level if his head's screwed on. I've been a bit disappointed with him this season but I'm sure it's because his head is elsewhere. Would have loved him to stay and get us a big fee and Alsager a comfortable sell-on, but it's just not going to be. If he doesn't go down the A500, he'll be at a bottom 6 Championship club or top end League One club next season. A good servant nonetheless.

Daniel Powell: RELEASE - Not good enough for League One football due to inconsistency and a lack of fitness. Has struggled with a combination of COVID and muscle strains all season. Has a years option on his contract but I'm sure we won't exercise it. Would be a good signing for a League Two side if they can keep him fit. Good lad but just not what we need anymore now we're at a higher level.

Tommy Lowery: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Big year from him needed next season in what I expect to be his last year with us. The chance of a big fee has gone unless someone puts a bid in for him this Summer or in January 2022, and no one in their right mind will as the guy is injury prone beyond belief. An excellent technical footballer who always gives 100%, but he just misses too many games. If he has his sights set on the Championship, he needs to deliver for us, and stay fit, next season!

Charlie Kirk: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Outstanding in League Two last year and, had the pandemic not hit, I think he could've walked for a big fee given he'd have had over 10 goals and 15 assists by the time the season finished. Not bad for a player who doesn't play centrally. I believe League One is his level at the very least and it's clear that his stats have regressed at the higher level, but that doesn't do his excellent all-round performances justice. Now with us rejecting a significant bid for him from Charlton in January, there'll be interest in his services this Summer. One team I expect to be interested is Birmingham given Lee Bowyer has subsequently moved there, and the carrot of the Championship will surely see him leave. Think a fee between £500K-£750K plus add ons will see him go. A fine servant to the club who never deserved the stick some fans gave him for a prolonged period of time.

Callum Ainley: UNSURE - This is the one player that could well be a shock departure in the Summer. I've always been a big fan of Callum but he's far too inconsistent, isn't exactly versatile and has 1 good game in every 5. His development has stagnated compared to Charlie Kirk's and that could be down to a string of injuries he's suffered over the last two years. However, given he's under the age of 24, I expect him to be offered a new deal. I seriously wouldn't mind releasing him if it gave a younger player the chance to step up to the plate, but I would also be happy if we offered him a new contract. But he'd have to accept a 2 year deal for it to be of any potential benefit to the club and I can only see him wanting a 1 year deal. This is why I think it's possible he'll leave, even if some aren't expecting him to do so.

Oliver Finney: UNDER CONTRACT (2023) - My player of the season until Shrewsbury's Harry Chapman broke his leg in January with a cynical challenge. Had a brilliant goalscoring spell over the winter and his end product has improved significantly. Sad we won't see him until at least August because of the severity of his injury, but the lad is a grafter and will come back stronger. The best finisher at the club by some distance and I just hope he maintains this improved form next season, as he'll be a very key player for us next year. Has started to add assists and goals to his all round game and, with a little more consistency, will have scouts higher up the food chain watching him every week in no time at all. Very excited to see how he progresses.

Regan Griffiths: KEEP - Off to a good start at his loan spell with a top non league side in Notts County and will be a cert for a new contract in the Summer I'm sure. Could be his year to break into the first team next season, and has been putting good performances in week in week out for the Reserves. This is why I'm not worried if we lose Wintle and potentially Ainley.

Josh Lundstram: RELEASE - 22 years old, injury prone, 3 first team appearances. I feel for the lad because you really did feel that this year was going to be his year and he's spent most of it injured. But we're overloaded with midfielders and there are younger lads who want their chance to prove themselves now. Wouldn't surprise me if the club offered him a last chance one year contract, but this club can't afford to carry passengers and I'm sure Dave Artell realises that more than anyone else. Will have a decent career in the upper echelons of non league if he can stay fit.

Joe Robbins: KEEP - Just turned 19 and looks like he's had a tough paper round so goes against the grain of our normal academy lads. Impressed on loan at National League level with Altrincham earlier this season despite only being 18. and is surely worth a 2 or 3 year deal this Summer. Along with Regan Griffiths, he's the next player I expect to break into the side.

Luke Murphy: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Despite a slow start and no goals scored this season, Murph has excelled as the season has progressed. His through balls and passing range are a constant menace to opponents and he's the experienced head we need in the middle. Is also better in the tackle than when he was in his first spell too. Another solid year and I can see him being signed to a 2 year contract extension this time next year. A great mentor, role model and professional for our younger players to play with as well.

Stephen Walker: DON'T RE-SIGN - An enigmatic player but he really doesn't know what his best position is. His finishing is excellent but he fails to create openings often enough and that's why he's not got the game time he thought he'd get. There's every chance he's just a League Two standard player, but I think if he improves his work rate, he could excel at this level in the future. Can't see Middlesbrough wanting him for their first team, but he does have a future in the lower leagues. Just not with us.

Antony Evans: DON'T RE-SIGN - This was obviously an audition for him to join us permanently from Paderborn next season and he's failed to grasp his opportunity. Thought he was decent against Blackpool with some good passing and clever trickery but that's the only time I've seen him play well. Doesn't like tackling, lightweight, predictable and certainly not the type of player we need at the club for next season. Can see him going to a League Two or National League side next season, because he's not good enough for this level.

FORWARDS:

Chris Porter:
RELEASE - There's still a small chance Porter could exercise a one year extension through his performances between now and May, but I'm assuming he won't meet the criteria to activate this extension. In my eyes, when you run on a tight budget, there's no room for sentiment in football. Chris has been an outstanding servant to this club, and remains the best penalty taker at the club. But when we play with him as lone striker in League One, it really is like playing with 10 men. He gets slower by the year and his finishing isn't what it was when he first joined either. A key player in our promotion side and an outstanding professional, but it's time we looked to overhaul our forward line next season. Could do a job at League Two or National League level for at least another year though so I really don't think he'll set his sights on retirement just yet. Any clubs based in the North West in the league below or 2 should be after him this Summer.

Mikael Mandron: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Signed a new deal in January and has been a fine addition this season. 12 goals so far for the club is an excellent return but he really could've had double that. His finishing must improve but his work rate and brilliant link-up play has earned him that new contract. Perhaps with an overhauled forward line, we may see an improved scoring total from him yet next season.

Owen Dale: UNDER CONTRACT (2022) - Activated a 2 year option last year and I expect him to be offered an improved contract as a reward for his excellent performances this season that'll see him stay with us till at least 2023. He's caught the eye of many with his excellent performances this season, and his finishing has improved considerably. I expect next year to be his big year and, if he excels, we'll end up selling him for big money in a year's time. Really impressed me this season and would absolutely be my player of the season after the injury to Oliver Finney in January.

Tyreece Onyeka: KEEP - Only 19 years old so worth another contract to see if he can progress in the reserves. Not near the first team yet but, with our forward options limited, may be called upon in future. A 1 year contract extension is what I expect him to be offered, and if he doesn't make strides next season, we should then release him.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
The short version to this is that I'd go into next season with pretty much the same squad if we needed to/could.

Don't think I've missed anyone!

Permanent Players
Goalkeepers
Ethan Ross (on loan at Weymouth) - Out of contract, get rid. He dropped a bollock against Man City U21's in the Pizza Cup, which cost us first place in the group and Appleton made it pretty obvious he wasn't happy about it. Don't think he played for us again before heading out to Weymouth on loan in the NL, which isn't a reflection of his ability, it was the only place he could go outside the transfer window. No-where near the level of Palmer but a decent L2 'keeper IMO.

Sam Long - Under contract, keep. Only 18 and recently signed a 3-year professional contract. He's been our number two for most of the season and is highly rated here. Just been selected to head to an England GK development camp as well. I think we'll keep him as number two as opposed to having two senior GK's next season

Defenders
Reegan Poole - Under contract, keep. January signing so we've not seen that much of him. Settled in the best out of our other January signings, Bramall and Sanders, though.

Max Melbourne (on loan at Walsall) - Under contract, get rid. Hasn't nailed a place down here in the two years he's been with us (initially on loan under Cowley before making is permanent under Appleton). He sees himself as a CB but Appleton thinks he's better suited to LB. Either way, a 17 year old, new signing or CM have all been favoured over him.

Lewis Montsma - Under contract, keep. Started the season very well, got Covid and struggled to get back into the swing of it again. He's probably our second best defensive player but third best defender if that makes sense? On an individual level you'd partner him with Walsh but Jackson and Walsh are the better defenders and partnership.

Adam Jackson - Under contract, keep. A bit like Walsh really, a nice and calm, unfussy defender.

Joe Walsh - Under contract, keep. Recently signed a new deal. Rolls Royce of a defender but we'll only get 30 games a season out of him tops I think. That's probably stopped him being a Championship defender.

Sean Roughan - Under contract, keep. Started the season as our first choice LB having just turned 17 but dipped out the side in November time and not really seen since. A decent squad player even at his age.

Cohen Bramall - Under contract, keep. Struggled since his move from Colchester to be honest but showed some signs of getting to grips with us. Like most January signing, you're never quite sure what you've got until the following season.

Midfielders
Liam Bridcutt - Under contract, keep. The stats speak for themselves in that we're much more likely to win with him in the side. Unfortunately, he's spent too much time injured but if we can get 30-35 games out of him next season then we'll be better for it.

Connor McGrandles - Under contract, keep. Mr. Consistent for us and adds a bit of 'box to box' to our midfield. One of those who goes under the radar for the most part...until he isn't there and people realise what he brings to the side.

James Jones - Under contract, keep. Like Montsma, start the season off well, got Covid and hasn't shown any form since. Clearly the player hit hardest by Covid.

Max Sanders - Under contract, keep. We've seen less than a game from him since he signed in January. Comes highly rated by Brighton, though.

Tayo Edun - Under contract, keep. Should be in line for a new deal to tie him down. He's managed to play pretty competently at LB for most of the season despite being a CM so to be able to perform in those two positions (which is a weird combination anyway) has been impressive despite him being made a scapegoat at times.

Jorge Grant - Under contract, keep. Double figures for goals and assists this season. Come on leaps and bounds under Appleton and now we have work rate with his talent.

Attackers / Strikers
Theo Archibald - Out of contract, get rid. Hardly featured this season, kept picking up niggly injuries but even when fit, Appleton has been reluctant to use him. Bit of a weird one really because we tried to sign him for a while so I'm guessing there's a training issue or just isn't as good as we perhaps thought.

Remy Howarth - Under contact, keep. Recently signed a new one year deal and is adequate enough for the cup games but that's about it. Clearly got a good attitude, work-rate and willingness to learn and I'm guessing a cheap squad player who can play in two or three different positions.

Tom Hopper - Under contract, keep. Got some stick when he signed but he'd not long been back from a serious injury. A proper pre-season behind him and he's showed what he's about. As good a target man striker as we're likely to get. Doesn't score many but is very selfless in his work on his own up front. Badly missed when not playing, it was typical that Morton returned after 6 months and he got injured a handful of games after!

Harry Anderson - Out of contract, keep. He has an option on his deal, which I assume we'll use but little has been said. Another one who's had Covid and initially took a little while recover, then picked up two injuries in quick succession. The only link back to our NL days to there's definitely an attachment to him amongst the fans but he's in the squad on merit.

Anthony Scully - Under contract, keep. A good first full season in professional football with 13 goals so far and the best goals to minutes ratio in the squad. A bit of a throw back to the 'little man' you'd find in the 4-4-2 combo up top. With presumably more minutes next season he'll be hoping to get to 20 goals in all competitions.

Zak Elbouzedi (on loan at Bolton) - Under contract, undecided. He's rapid, his pace is an asset but technically seems to fall a little short compared to other members of the squad. Not done much on loan at Bolton either. I'd not be disappointed if he's still with us next season but we'll probably need better.

Loan Players
Goalkeepers
Alex Palmer - Keep. Had two or three dodgy games, usually passing the ball to an opponent either in or just outside of our area and conceding from it! WBA will probably be relegated and I imagine they'll have him as a second 'keeper.

Defenders
TJ Eyoma - Send back. I wasn't too sure on this one because he's been very good for us but I always think having a loan spot filled by a full back is a waste. Since Poole has come in, he's been first choice despite arguably not being as good at TJ so I suspect Appleton won't try and get him back. Good player, though.

Attackers / Strikers
Callum Morton - Keep. He's basically lost a season through injury but we've seen enough to know he's decent. I think we'll probably be able to get him back again.

Morgan Rogers - Keep. It's not going to happen because Man City will want him in the Championship next season I imagine, although he's still only 18 so perhaps they'll ease him in and give him a full season in L1.

Brennan Johnson - Keep. He'll either play at Forest or be sold. Brentford were sniffing in January apparently and with a year left on his deal, Forest aren't going to let him out on loan again and will want his future sorting one way or another.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Ours is easy:
Goalkeepers
None
Defenders
Tom Anderson
Cameron John
Midfielders
John Bostock
Ed Williams
Strikers
Omar Bogle
Thank you Darren Moore

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Ours is easy:
Goalkeepers
None
Defenders
Tom Anderson
Cameron John
Midfielders
John Bostock
Ed Williams
Strikers
Omar Bogle
Thank you Darren Moore
I think Bostock might go as well, i get the impression he only joined for Moore.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The short version to this is that I'd go into next season with pretty much the same squad if we needed to/could.

Don't think I've missed anyone!

Permanent Players
Goalkeepers
Ethan Ross (on loan at Weymouth) - Out of contract, get rid. He dropped a bollock against Man City U21's in the Pizza Cup, which cost us first place in the group and Appleton made it pretty obvious he wasn't happy about it. Don't think he played for us again before heading out to Weymouth on loan in the NL, which isn't a reflection of his ability, it was the only place he could go outside the transfer window. No-where near the level of Palmer but a decent L2 'keeper IMO.

Sam Long - Under contract, keep. Only 18 and recently signed a 3-year professional contract. He's been our number two for most of the season and is highly rated here. Just been selected to head to an England GK development camp as well. I think we'll keep him as number two as opposed to having two senior GK's next season

Defenders
Reegan Poole - Under contract, keep. January signing so we've not seen that much of him. Settled in the best out of our other January signings, Bramall and Sanders, though.

Max Melbourne (on loan at Walsall) - Under contract, get rid. Hasn't nailed a place down here in the two years he's been with us (initially on loan under Cowley before making is permanent under Appleton). He sees himself as a CB but Appleton thinks he's better suited to LB. Either way, a 17 year old, new signing or CM have all been favoured over him.

Lewis Montsma - Under contract, keep. Started the season very well, got Covid and struggled to get back into the swing of it again. He's probably our second best defensive player but third best defender if that makes sense? On an individual level you'd partner him with Walsh but Jackson and Walsh are the better defenders and partnership.

Adam Jackson - Under contract, keep. A bit like Walsh really, a nice and calm, unfussy defender.

Joe Walsh - Under contract, keep. Recently signed a new deal. Rolls Royce of a defender but we'll only get 30 games a season out of him tops I think. That's probably stopped him being a Championship defender.

Sean Roughan - Under contract, keep. Started the season as our first choice LB having just turned 17 but dipped out the side in November time and not really seen since. A decent squad player even at his age.

Cohen Bramall - Under contract, keep. Struggled since his move from Colchester to be honest but showed some signs of getting to grips with us. Like most January signing, you're never quite sure what you've got until the following season.

Midfielders
Liam Bridcutt - Under contract, keep. The stats speak for themselves in that we're much more likely to win with him in the side. Unfortunately, he's spent too much time injured but if we can get 30-35 games out of him next season then we'll be better for it.

Connor McGrandles - Under contract, keep. Mr. Consistent for us and adds a bit of 'box to box' to our midfield. One of those who goes under the radar for the most part...until he isn't there and people realise what he brings to the side.

James Jones - Under contract, keep. Like Montsma, start the season off well, got Covid and hasn't shown any form since. Clearly the player hit hardest by Covid.

Max Sanders - Under contract, keep. We've seen less than a game from him since he signed in January. Comes highly rated by Brighton, though.

Tayo Edun - Under contract, keep. Should be in line for a new deal to tie him down. He's managed to play pretty competently at LB for most of the season despite being a CM so to be able to perform in those two positions (which is a weird combination anyway) has been impressive despite him being made a scapegoat at times.

Jorge Grant - Under contract, keep. Double figures for goals and assists this season. Come on leaps and bounds under Appleton and now we have work rate with his talent.

Attackers / Strikers
Theo Archibald - Out of contract, get rid. Hardly featured this season, kept picking up niggly injuries but even when fit, Appleton has been reluctant to use him. Bit of a weird one really because we tried to sign him for a while so I'm guessing there's a training issue or just isn't as good as we perhaps thought.

Remy Howarth - Under contact, keep. Recently signed a new one year deal and is adequate enough for the cup games but that's about it. Clearly got a good attitude, work-rate and willingness to learn and I'm guessing a cheap squad player who can play in two or three different positions.

Tom Hopper - Under contract, keep. Got some stick when he signed but he'd not long been back from a serious injury. A proper pre-season behind him and he's showed what he's about. As good a target man striker as we're likely to get. Doesn't score many but is very selfless in his work on his own up front. Badly missed when not playing, it was typical that Morton returned after 6 months and he got injured a handful of games after!

Harry Anderson - Out of contract, keep. He has an option on his deal, which I assume we'll use but little has been said. Another one who's had Covid and initially took a little while recover, then picked up two injuries in quick succession. The only link back to our NL days to there's definitely an attachment to him amongst the fans but he's in the squad on merit.

Anthony Scully - Under contract, keep. A good first full season in professional football with 13 goals so far and the best goals to minutes ratio in the squad. A bit of a throw back to the 'little man' you'd find in the 4-4-2 combo up top. With presumably more minutes next season he'll be hoping to get to 20 goals in all competitions.

Zak Elbouzedi (on loan at Bolton) - Under contract, undecided. He's rapid, his pace is an asset but technically seems to fall a little short compared to other members of the squad. Not done much on loan at Bolton either. I'd not be disappointed if he's still with us next season but we'll probably need better.

Loan Players
Goalkeepers
Alex Palmer - Keep. Had two or three dodgy games, usually passing the ball to an opponent either in or just outside of our area and conceding from it! WBA will probably be relegated and I imagine they'll have him as a second 'keeper.

Defenders
TJ Eyoma - Send back. I wasn't too sure on this one because he's been very good for us but I always think having a loan spot filled by a full back is a waste. Since Poole has come in, he's been first choice despite arguably not being as good at TJ so I suspect Appleton won't try and get him back. Good player, though.

Attackers / Strikers
Callum Morton - Keep. He's basically lost a season through injury but we've seen enough to know he's decent. I think we'll probably be able to get him back again.

Morgan Rogers - Keep. It's not going to happen because Man City will want him in the Championship next season I imagine, although he's still only 18 so perhaps they'll ease him in and give him a full season in L1.

Brennan Johnson - Keep. He'll either play at Forest or be sold. Brentford were sniffing in January apparently and with a year left on his deal, Forest aren't going to let him out on loan again and will want his future sorting one way or another.
Half those players you are saying keep under contract.......Are out of contract in June

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Presumably, the above Lincoln squad is if they stay in L1 next season. If you expect to carry that squad into the Championship, without much wiggle room to upgrade, you're going to be in for a bit of a shock.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Yeah it'll be a minor miracle if we go up and if we did, we couldn't compete with signings anyway. We'd have to go into the season with effectively a decent L1 squad similar to what Wycombe have and what Rotherham do, take the money and try and build to give us a better chance of surviving in it somewhere down the line.

You'd never turn promotion down but it's a year or two too soon after putting a new squad together last summer.

SuffolkBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
GK
Holy
Cornell

RB
Vincent-Young
Crowe - U23

LB
Kenlock
Smith - U23

CB
Woolfenden
Ndaba
Baggott - U23

CM
Nolan
Downes
Dozzell
McGavin
Chirewa - U23

WF/AM
Lankester
Dobra
Crane - U23

ST
Norwood
Hawkins
Simpson - U23
Ward - U23

U18s
9 players, plus a further 9 scholars (at least) signing this year

So there are 21 professionals contracted to be here next season - but 6-7 of those are likely to be in U23s bar a good pre season.

There are a few first teamers out of contract I'd give a new deal to - Chambers, Nydam, Bishop, El Mizouni, and there are some above there who I'd try to move on personally - McGavin, Hawkins, Holy and possibly Norwood. Our retained list will be smaller than our released one.

It's going to be a huge change this summer. About time. I assume Cook will bring in 7 or 8 first team players maybe.

Last edited:

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
The only ones of ours I would keep are Bonham, Tucker, Dempsey, Graham and Oliver.
Of those Tucker, Dempsey and Graham will probably leave.

p.s. I would also like us to try and acquire Cundy but doubt that will happen.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
It's really hard to say what our squad will look like next season. We're not even certain if the Cowley's will stay beyond the end of the season. Here's my opinion on whether to keep or let go, depending on what division we're in:

Contracts / loans expiring June 2021:

GK
McGillivray - new contract
Ward -?

Defenders
Nicolaisen - on loan, let go
Whatmough - new contract
Daniels - let go
Mnoga - new contract
Rew - ?

Midfielders
Naylor - new contract
White - on loan, let go
Byers - on loan, let go
Cannon - (L1 - new contract, Champ - let go)
Close - new contract
Williams - new contract
Lee - ?

Forwards
Hiwula - let go

Players on longer contracts that we may try to ship out:
Paul Downing (contributed nothing but we're still saddled with his ridiculous 3 year contract. Highly unlikely that anyone will take him off our hands as he's clearly shot)
Ellis Harrison (tries, but just not good enough to consistently hold down a place in the team)
John Marquis (Happy to keep him in League 1 but sell if we get promoted)

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Heard Omar Beckles is moving to a club down South next season as he wants to return closer to home. His red card yesterday would back up that his head has gone anyway.

Be an even bigger upheaval at the club than first anticipated it seems.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
I won't bother going through and listing them all, but we have 27 senior players out of contract.

I can say pretty safely we'll keep 6 or 7 of them at most.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Looks like Callum Ainley is set to stay with us beyond this season now going off what he said to the media yesterday. Definitely worth a punt but needs greater fitness and consistency to succeed.

MatthewArgyle

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Twitter
@msalisbury1990
I think we'll be after a new keeper in the Summer as Luke McCormick will be retiring at the end of the season but will be staying on the coaching staff.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I think we'll be after a new keeper in the Summer as Luke McCormick will be retiring at the end of the season but will be staying on the coaching staff.
I think Ruddy is unlikely to be renewed. So if we decide to have a third keeper, we will be looking for two back ups to Cooper. Suspect we’ll go for safe old pro in case Coops gets injured, but not someone pushing him to start. The club have invested too much and cannot see them jeopardising his starting spot. Think we are okay up front with three strikers, but boy do we need a few sound old heads in defence. Our back line this year was pretty appalling at points.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Here's our current squad and situation:

Goalkeepers:
Scott Flinders - number 1 until Jan 20 when he broke his leg. We were forced to bring in a loanee for the start of this season and he has been unable to break back into that number 1 slot (suspect the deal with WBA hindered that somewhat). Out of contract - he'll either be let go or he'll be number 1 next season.

Joshua Griffiths - Been on a season loan from West Brom. Been very good at times, but made some absolute howlers as well - the sort that I'd be disappointed if my u10 keeper made. Has a very bright future as he's only 19, but I hope we can do better next season and he will return to his club.

Max Harris - Backup keeper, likely to be retained as purely that.

Defenders:
Sean Long - out of contract, fully expect him to be offered a deal. Has played all along the defence apart from his favoured position of right wing-back

Chris Hussey - Recently signed a new deal - arguably our best player.

Ben Tozer - Captain Fantastic and has an awesome long throw. Prone to the odd brain fart at centre-back, but he's a ball player and has days when you simply can't beat him.

Charlie Raglan - No nonsense centre-back. Been awesome since signing from Oxford and will easily make the step up.

Dan Bowry - Out of contract, never really broke through, he'll be released.

Will Boyle - My player of the season. Proper no-nonsense centre-back who also scores more than his fair share. Had some niggly injuries, but another who can make the step up with no issues - Fleetwood have been rumoured to be interested.

Lewis Freestone - Out of contract, but has been very solid whenever called upon, either in the back 3 or as left wing-back. Fully expect him to be offered a deal.

Grant Horton - Young player who's just signed a new two year deal - will probably be loaned out.

Midfielders:
Connor Thomas - Came in as a bit of a lightweight who could pass a bit - now dominates the midfield with his tackling and passing ability. The club's penalty taker and hasn't missed one in a match (missed one in a shootout).

Chris Clements - Out of contract - been injured for about half of this season and I think will be unfortunate to not be offered a deal. Not sure he's good enough for League One even though he never let us down in League 2.

Matty Blair - Out of contract - will be offered a deal - been a revelation on the right wing for us.

Finn Azaz - On loan from West Brom - will be sent back with thanks. Unlikely to be brought back.

Callum Wright - On loan from Leicester - awesome player who will be playing in at least League One next season - wouldn't mind it being back with us.

Liam Sercombe - Undoubtedly our best midfielder on his day. Far too good for League 2.

Ellis Chapman - Young lad who we brought in from Lincoln. Hard to believe he's still only 19. Has his brain fart moments, but has looked the part when called upon this season.

Forwards:
Sam Smith - On loan from Reading but is being let go at the end of the season. Started really well after signing, but has trailed off. I'll be surprised if we don't make an offer though.

Alfie May - On his day, unplayable. Our most over-rated player by a mile though because those days are so few and far between. Even so, the lad never gives up trying, so that's something.

Andy Williams - Came in to get us up - has done that and been rewarded with a new deal.

Indiana Vassillev - On loan from Villa - will be going back having never really been given a chance

Alex Addai - Out of contract and will be released. Faster than shit off a stick, but end product can be lacking at times. Currently on loan at Maidenhead.

Tahvon Campbell - Out of contract and will be released. Never really broken through and spent most of his time at the club on loan elsewhere - currently at Halifax

We therefore need some bite in the middle, definite work up front and, maybe, a new keeper.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
We've just announced our retained list in the pre Rochdale press conference.

IN DISCUSSIONS WITH:
Jay Bird
Ben Gladwin
Cameron Jerome (He's off to the Championship though, probably Cardiff if they're still interested)
Josh McEachran
Matthew Sorinola
Andrew Surman
Laurie Walker

RELEASING:
Kieran Agard
Jordan Houghton
Joe Mason
Lee Nicholls

Then everybody else in the squad is either as things stand going back to their parent clubs or contracted for next year.

I expect us to sign Louis Thompson and we'll definitely be trying to resign Grigg as well as loan Laird back, but the latter two will be up to Sunderland and Man Utd.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Well we have Marcus McGuane as a permanent part of the squad now which when fit will give us a power runner through the middle.

MatthewArgyle

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Twitter
@msalisbury1990
Gary Sawyer has retired although he's staying at the club as club ambassador and U18s coach.

Regarding MK Dons I see that Joe Mason has a moved lined up wonder if it's us as we were linked with him 2 years ago when he was at Wolves.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not a clue on our squad...............The spine is there but we are top heavy with players not good enough for lge 2 never mind league 1
Keepers a must
r/b Jones need better
cb Santos/ Baptiste need a quality c/h to compete
lb John/Jackson both loan will take both or either
dm mj Williams ok for lge 1
dm Lee Cruise through lge 1 if fit
LM Thomason only 20 a revelation will improve/Dapo still learning unplayable at times but wastes final ball
rm Fonz/Isgrove squad players at best
a/m Sarcevic good enough to play lge 1
C/F Doyle score at any level if he gets the chance

Brrockbank plays anywhere along back 4 keep
Politic back fit and raring to go out all season.....did well 2 seasons back in lge 1 keep
Darcy needs first team football keep better than what Evatt thinks he is

The rest look to ship out just not good enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!