2024/25 Squads - KEEP/GET RID/BURN THEM AT THE STAKE, etc

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Yes Abbott is still head of recruitment. Its do or die for him this summer, he has to get it right or he’ll be gone.

Oh no you're back!

Anyway Abbott should already have gone as our recruitment last summer and in January has ended up being awful.

We need pace, power and athletic players in the team.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Easier to just copy and paste what I put on the League 1 forum but with subtle changes:

In Contract
Lewis Freestone (CB) - Wouldn't be surprised if a bid from a middling League 1 team came in for him, his injury record might hinder that though.

Elliott Bonds (CM) - Good midfielder who will be the technical strength in the middle - doesn't have a football brain though so don't see anyone coming in for him.

Liam Kinsella (CM) - Will be crucial in our midfield next season.

Aidan Keena (ST) - League 2 could be good for him - if he can hit the ground running he'll be a decent scorer. If he struggles though the fans will get on his back.

Rob Street (ST) - Will lead the line next season

Tom King (ST) - Youth player - will probably go out on loan

Matty Taylor (ST) - I initially said I expect him to take a back seat next season - 7 goals in 11 starts and 2 sub appearances tell me he might be crucial to how we do.

Jordan Thomas (Wing) - Our most exciting player at the moment - big hopes for him to push on next season

Max Harris (GK) - Been out on loan all season - suspect he'll have his contract paid up

Out of Contract
Luke Southwood (GK) - Bigger clubs interested, he'll go even if it's to be a number 2 on more money than he can get at Cheltenahm

Jamie Pardington (GK) - Back up keeper - will be let go

Sean Long (RB/RWB) - Captain Fantastic - I expect him to be offered terms and to stay

Curtis Davies (CB) - Has officially retired - would have loved him to go for another year.

Tom Bradbury (CB) - Can do a job in League 2 and hasn't looked out of place in League 1. Will probably look for regular games elsewhere though

Will Ferry (LB/LWB) - Think clubs will be looking at him. Would keep him if we can, but expect him to head off elsewhere

Ben Williams (LB/LWB) - Will be let go - he'll find a League 2 club in or near Yorkshire no doubt

Liam Sercombe (CM) - Depends on him I think. Probably has another season in him, we'll offer a deal. May want to step down a level and put his feet up though.

Tom Pett (CM) - Has a trigger for a new year apparently - we will enforce it.

Josh Harrop (M) - Not pulled up any trees, will be let go

Greg Sloggett (CM) - Will probably be offered a new deal as he's cheap and not too bad to be honest.

George Lloyd (ST) - Apparently has bigger clubs looking at him and will be going. An absolute workhorse, but useless in front of goal.

Loanees
Andy Smith (CB) - Needs another loan at League 2 level. Not with us.

Jack Shepherd (CB) - Will go back to Barnsley and probably be a useful sub there

Joe Nuttall (ST) - Actually really improved in the last few games, but he'll go back to Oldham and won't be back. That he's on £3.5k a week at Oldham is baffling.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Oh no you're back!

Anyway Abbott should already have gone as our recruitment last summer and in January has ended up being awful.

We need pace, power and athletic players in the team.

I do agree, but all the noises suggest he’s staying, so it really is last chance for him. He has to get it right this time or he’ll be gone along with the management team.

January was never going to work out. The damage before that was irreparable, they were all on a hiding to nothing coming into such an awful team. All those signings should have clean slate this summer, then we can judge them properly.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Still too early to do ours - but the main worry is that higher up clubs will come with offers in for Campbell and particularly Spence.
I think Whitfield is out of contract and may be temped if an offer (to his agent) from Bradford comes in.

Always thought we'd try to sign him at some stage. Would be happy to see him sign. However, if it looks like Alex Pattison can get fit for next season, and we hopefully offer Jamie Walker a new contract, not so sure we would go in for him.

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Essential we keep Jamie Walker. Not just for his ability, but also for his shit-housery.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Players Contracted for next season;-
Emile Acquah (to summer 2026)
Dean Campbell (to summer 2025)
Niall Canavan (to summer 2025)
Paul Farman (to summer 2025)
Ged Garner (to summer 2025) - try to move on (did OK at Morecambe apparently)
Robbie Gotts (to Summer 2025)
Elliot Newby (to summer 2025)
Mazeed Ogungbo (to summer 2025)
Kian Spence (to summer 2025) - extend contract or accept huge offer.
Dom Telford (to summer 2025)
David Worrall (to Summer 2025) - if we release Proctor he may move on?

Others;-
Junior Tiensia ('initially' to summer 2024)* - re-sign if proves fitness

Out of contract;-
Jamie Proctor, (Release)
James Chester, (may depend on whether he wants to keep playing??)
Ben Whitfield, (make offer - but i think will leave for Bradford)
Tyrell Warren (Release)
Tom White, (Release)
George Ray, (keep)
Courtney Duffus (1 year option), (release)
Josh Lillis (GK + GK coach) - keep as is.
Rory Feely (tough one - I'd probably release - unless we are going to change to a back 4 then he'd be a decent back up full back)

B team players contracted for this season plus a 1 year option;-
Malakai Reeve,
Sam Bellis,
Sean Etaluku,
Owen Bray

Loanees returning to parent club;-
Cole Stockton (Burton)
Luca Stephenson (Liverpool)

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Easier to just copy and paste what I put on the League 1 forum but with subtle changes:

In Contract
Lewis Freestone (CB) - Wouldn't be surprised if a bid from a middling League 1 team came in for him, his injury record might hinder that though.

Elliott Bonds (CM) - Good midfielder who will be the technical strength in the middle - doesn't have a football brain though so don't see anyone coming in for him.

Aidan Keena (ST) - League 2 could be good for him - if he can hit the ground running he'll be a decent scorer. If he struggles though the fans will get on his back.

Matty Taylor (ST) - I initially said I expect him to take a back seat next season - 7 goals in 11 starts and 2 sub appearances tell me he might be crucial to how we do.

Jordan Thomas (Wing) - Our most exciting player at the moment - big hopes for him to push on next season

Max Harris (GK) - Been out on loan all season - suspect he'll have his contract paid up

Out of Contract
Luke Southwood (GK) - Bigger clubs interested, he'll go even if it's to be a number 2 on more money than he can get at Cheltenahm

Sean Long (RB/RWB) - Captain Fantastic - I expect him to be offered terms and to stay

Curtis Davies (CB) - Has officially retired - would have loved him to go for another year.

Tom Bradbury (CB) - Can do a job in League 2 and hasn't looked out of place in League 1. Will probably look for regular games elsewhere though

Will Ferry (LB/LWB) - Think clubs will be looking at him. Would keep him if we can, but expect him to head off elsewhere

Ben Williams (LB/LWB) - Will be let go - he'll find a League 2 club in or near Yorkshire no doubt

Liam Sercombe (CM) - Depends on him I think. Probably has another season in him, we'll offer a deal. May want to step down a level and put his feet up though.

Greg Sloggett (CM) - Will probably be offered a new deal as he's cheap and not too bad to be honest.

George Lloyd (ST) - Apparently has bigger clubs looking at him and will be going. An absolute workhorse, but useless in front of goal.

Loanees

Jack Shepherd (CB) - Will go back to Barnsley and probably be a useful sub there

Joe Nuttall (ST) - Actually really improved in the last few games, but he'll go back to Oldham and won't be back. That he's on £3.5k a week at Oldham is baffling.
Andy Smith not League 1 standard then? Thought he would make the step up but could be down to playing in a poorer team - suppose we’ll see where he goes next season.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Too many mistakes in him. He looked like a nervous wreck at the start of most games, but then gradually grew into them. He wasn't a disaster, I think it really was more a confidence thing. His best game was arguably his debut at Derby.

It says something though when DC just gave up in the last few games and put Sean Long to RCB and Liam Kinsella to RWB rather than playing Smith there.

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Do you think it was a mistake letting Thompson go , now you have gone down ?
He looks far too good for league 2 imo should be up a league . I think he had a a few injuries with you didn't he ?

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
His injuries are his only issue. I don't think we did make a mistake, our midfield was the one strength we had last season, especially when Pett, Sercs and Bonds were on it. The problem was we often decided to bypass them when chasing games.

Thompson is class - certainly League 1 standard - but he wanted guaranteed game time and DC couldn't give him that.

How did Liam Smith do? We didn't want him to go, but he also wanted guaranteed game time.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

In Contract

Out of Contract

Loanees

Despite concerns about his own future, Darrell Clarke has offered deals to Sean Long and Liam Sercombe. For me, these are the two most important players to get signed on. Longy is a great captain and really plays wth hisheard on his sleeve. Sercs is just pure class.

Their experience and leadership will be crucial to how we do next season.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
His injuries are his only issue. I don't think we did make a mistake, our midfield was the one strength we had last season, especially when Pett, Sercs and Bonds were on it. The problem was we often decided to bypass them when chasing games.

Thompson is class - certainly League 1 standard - but he wanted guaranteed game time and DC couldn't give him that.

How did Liam Smith do? We didn't want him to go, but he also wanted guaranteed game time.
Hopefully Thompson is getting over his injuries now, he's been getting 90mins in regularly at the back end of the season. It's about time one of those gambles paid off for us.

Smith has done well, in my opinion. He's a steady Eddie 7/10 every week type of full back/wing back. Not gonna be marauding forward banging in the goals and whipping in the crosses but he's also not gonna get caught out of position and/or rinsed by many forwards at this level. Is he out of contract with you guys? I'd have him back here alongside a more attack minded RB/RWB.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I liked Smith, but he wasn't getting starts over Long (club captain and, to be frank, a better player) so I understand why he wanted to go and get games.

I think he goes back to Scotland - we certainly won't be offering him anything.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
I liked Smith, but he wasn't getting starts over Long (club captain and, to be frank, a better player) so I understand why he wanted to go and get games.

I think he goes back to Scotland - we certainly won't be offering him anything.
I think you will be right. I thought he was ‘ok’, nothing more. I think Grimsby have to try and find better.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
Notts' retained list is out: https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/2023-24-retained-list-290424/

Letting Baldwin go is one that signals some intent from the club I reckon. Still a fair amount of dead wood there, I suspect we'll be lucky if the three transfer listed lads are in demand but you never know.

I think we need a keeper, 3 centre backs, a more defensive RWB option, 2 CMs, an attacking midfielder, and probably one out and out winger. Current line up probably looks like this:

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Nemane Palmer Robertson Jones
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

To ideally end up something like:
New keeper
New CB 1 New CB 2 Cameron
New RWB Palmer Robertson Jones
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Notts' retained list is out: https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/2023-24-retained-list-290424/

Letting Baldwin go is one that signals some intent from the club I reckon. Still a fair amount of dead wood there, I suspect we'll be lucky if the three transfer listed lads are in demand but you never know.

I think we need a keeper, 3 centre backs, a more defensive RWB option, 2 CMs, an attacking midfielder, and probably one out and out winger. Current line up probably looks like this:

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

New keeper
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta
You’re not playing Langstaff as a number 9 anymore?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
We still do mainly but not all the time that's why he only scored 28 goals last season. He's been more flexible and versatile this season but still struggles against the top teams. Darn and drat!

Still enough to comfortably win the golden boot mind.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

New keeper
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

Good work from the club that, the supercomputer has been working hard and has been necessarily ruthless. Yes some dead wood but couldn't do much more.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
You’re not playing Langstaff as a number 9 anymore?

We signed a giant Gambian lad in January who's been really good, when they've both played it's Langstaff who drops wider/deeper. Has worked to be fair, gets more involved in the game but kept scoring.

Ruthless from us, can't really disagree with any of it, but I wouldn't have been surprised at all if we'd kept Bostock and Baldwin.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

New keeper
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

Shame for Stone it’s not worked out with you but I think he needs to either accept his next move is going to be as a pure backup (which in all honesty from everything have seen of him is probably his limit at this level) or drop to the Conference and try for a starting spot there.

Didn’t even realise Rawlinson was still in the EFL. Was slow when we had him so god knows what he’s like now.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

New keeper
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

Nemane has been our best player in 2024 IMO, needs some competition but would be surprised if he lost his place.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall

Slocombe(?)
Macari Mahovo Cameron
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta

New keeper
Crowley Langstaff
Jatta
Bostock was good against us ran the midfield was that a one off?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Shame for Stone it’s not worked out with you but I think he needs to either accept his next move is going to be as a pure backup (which in all honesty from everything have seen of him is probably his limit at this level) or drop to the Conference and try for a starting spot there.

Didn’t even realise Rawlinson was still in the EFL. Was slow when we had him so god knows what he’s like now.

Slower

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

He can still do it if the opposition sit off and give us time and space to play, but hasn't really got the legs left to cope when there's more of a press. Been a great player for us overall, was amazing in the play-off final.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

No. If we have possession and control the game he often is a Rolls Royce of player, superb on the ball.

However he's not mobile enough, can't tackle, and not physical enough. Last season we didn't need any of that but this season very different against the better sides. Still looks good when we have the ball lots.

He ran the midfield in the Playoff final, he's the only reason we won that day, he was absolutely superb before he scored the vital 87th minute equaliser.

Correct decision to let go IMO, but will never ever forget his performances last season especially in the final.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
Nemane has been our best player in 2024 IMO, needs some competition but would be surprised if he lost his place.
Fair, I just want some balance, I don't think we can go in with both him and Jones in most games unless we're playing a more defensive/strong central midfield. If Jodi gets a move then I would go with Nemane to start with Chicksen or another more traditional wing back.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Only thing I disagree with is talking to Uche. How much more evidence is needed he’s fucking shite? Will see if others get listed in the days to come.

Thanks for the memories to Dan Gore. That 45 minutes we saw him for were emotional…

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Only thing I disagree with is talking to Uche. How much more evidence is needed he’s fucking shite? Will see if others get listed in the days to come.

Thanks for the memories to Dan Gore. That 45 minutes we saw him for were emotional…

Thought you may have kept Wilson was good at this level last time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!