Tuesday 16 April fixtures

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Like a kid waiting for xmas day. Fingers crossed 12 years of relegation, almost going bust twice. 1 good season getting promoted from league 2. Most of league 1 starting well, imploding around xmas. Loads of long term injuries to some of our better players, yet we are 90 mins away from getting back to the Championship with Pompey born and bred Marlon Pack returning and captaining the side after being released back in 2011.
Hope you guys have a great night tomorrow and get the job done, much deserved. Will miss the feisty games we usually have against you at the Abbey.

dwightyorke

Reaction score
Supports
Bergkamp10
I saw something on the vale forum that they haven't won a Tuesday night league match for other 2 years. Also vale only beat Bolton once in the last 35 years and that was the 6 3 behind closed door game. Vale have also lost the last 2 times at home to Cambridge after Cambridge not beating vale at vale park for a long time prior to that.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I saw something on the vale forum that they haven't won a Tuesday night league match for other 2 years. Also vale only beat Bolton once in the last 35 years and that was the 6 3 behind closed door game. Vale have also lost the last 2 times at home to Cambridge after Cambridge not beating vale at vale park for a long time prior to that.
Bonkers game that, we should of been 4-0 in 10 minutes after Gilks made two great saves, missed a sitter to go 7-1 up and still made it nervy at 6-3 with you hitting the bar and having one ruled out. We were in awful form then as well in the middle of 3 wins in 25!

Cambridge is an odd one, we seemed to always beat them at VP mostly without conceding. We didn’t have a great record there either but picked up a couple of results there. Used to be the same with Peterborough but we now lose to them home and away!

Last Tuesday League win was April 2022 v Salford Away… have to go a month further back for our last home win on a Tuesday in the league v Mansfield.

19 league games. Only night league games we’ve won are both Fridays (Plymouth last season away, Blackpool this season at home)

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Bonkers game that, we should of been 4-0 in 10 minutes after Gilks made two great saves, missed a sitter to go 7-1 up and still made it nervy at 6-3 with you hitting the bar and having one ruled out. We were in awful form then as well in the middle of 3 wins in 25!

Cambridge is an odd one, we seemed to always beat them at VP mostly without conceding. We didn’t have a great record there either but picked up a couple of results there. Used to be the same with Peterborough but we now lose to them home and away!

Last Tuesday League win was April 2022 v Salford Away… have to go a month further back for our last home win on a Tuesday in the league v Mansfield.

19 league games. Only night league games we’ve won are both Fridays (Plymouth last season away, Blackpool this season at home)
Peterborough is the one that's annoyed me more than anything. It shows on Saturday that if you press them hard they will make mistakes. They were also shit on Saturday (Posh), yet they turn up against us and according to their manager put in their best performance of the season. We had Fleetwoods best performance of the season against us too not so long ago and they've since been shit. Cheltenham too.

We aren't very good but why do we allow teams to put in their best performance against us. It all comes down to being too nice, something which I believe Moore has identified. According to someone I know, he has had enough of these players being nice boys, treated like princes. He wants them to earn the right to treats and he wants a few more horrible bastards in there.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Peterborough is the one that's annoyed me more than anything. It shows on Saturday that if you press them hard they will make mistakes. They were also shit on Saturday, yet they turn up against us and according to their manager put in their best performance of the season. We had Fleetwoods best performance of the season against us too not so long ago and they've since been shit. Cheltenham too.

We aren't very good but why do we allow teams to put in their best performance against us. It all comes down to being too nice, something which I believe Moore has identified. According to someone I know, he has had enough of these players being nice boys, treated like princes. He wants them to earn the right to treats and he wants a few more horrible bastards in there.
His post match interview was telling at the weekend. He basically said be told them keep on the front foot and they didn’t!

Teams have their best performance against us because we make them look good, it’s easy against us when we don’t tackle, press and allow you to play.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Peterborough is the one that's annoyed me more than anything. It shows on Saturday that if you press them hard they will make mistakes. They were also shit on Saturday (Posh), yet they turn up against us and according to their manager put in their best performance of the season. We had Fleetwoods best performance of the season against us too not so long ago and they've since been shit. Cheltenham too.

Our games against you were far from our best performances this season.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just praying we don't do a Pompey and fuck this up tonight, but this squad command more respect than that this season, and never know when they're beat.

We may not have caught the eye, and rolled over teams, but we have a plan and it works. I definitely think we've been fortunate at times too, and there's a feeling that the football gods have decided it was our turn this year. There's no doubt that this squad have over achieved, and i don't think many would have had us top for so long at the beginning of the season.

IF we do it tonight they'll be a collective sigh of relief across the whole of Portsea Island and South East Hampshire. When we dropped through the leagues, I don't think anyone cared initially, and were more interested in having a club to support. However, I don't think anyone thought it would take 12 years to climb back out either. As the Yengi chant goes... "7 years in league one, thought we'd never leave"

I have a far greater respect for div 3 and div 4 than i ever had before, and if we do yoyo our way back down, i certainly wouldn't see it as the catastrophe that i may have before our experiences down here.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Football's a funny game.

8 years ago today Cheltenham fans invaded the Whaddon Road pitch in celebration at winning promotion to League 2.

Tonight, we could be devastated due to being practically relegated - to League 2.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

I just think we make them look good, it is easy to play when you haven`t got to fret about the other team`s attack.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford

To be fair, they started well against us and could have easily had two in the first 20 minutes. We actually got away with it a bit. Additionally whilst we probably could make a strong case for scoring 7 by the end of the game, if we played like we had against most sides this season in the first 20 minutes the game would have been all but over. It was only our pressing and counter attacking that was a cut above that allowed us to win the game (having Josh Murphy right now is a cheat code) and he was the catalyst.

Based on the showing a few weeks back, even on a good day Port Vale just wouldn’t have been able to deliver that sort of performance.

I wouldn’t have any hang ups. I gather irrespective of which division you play, a clear out is needed and a clear identity is ought to be high on the agenda.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Cheltenham fans. how many tickets you sold for tonight ?
I had read something about 75 tickets as of yesterday? Is this true ?
Wondered if fans had given up. Expecting about 300 perhaps.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair, they started well against us and could have easily had two in the first 20 minutes. We actually got away with it a bit. Additionally whilst we probably could make a strong case for scoring 7 by the end of the game, if we played like we had against most sides this season in the first 20 minutes the game would have been all but over. It was only our pressing and counter attacking that was a cut above that allowed us to win the game (having Josh Murphy right now is a cheat code) and he was the catalyst.

Based on the showing a few weeks back, even on a good day Port Vale just wouldn’t have been able to deliver that sort of performance.

I wouldn’t have any hang ups. I gather irrespective of which division you play, a clear out is needed and a clear identity is ought to be high on the agenda.
We have parts of performances in us, all be it more so with Ollie and Alfie but we always seem knackered after 60 minutes... Saturday a point in mind, first half excellent high pressing, but then we seem to run out of steam.

Vale have always been best when we've had a side capable of a high press.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cheltenham fans. how many tickets you sold for tonight ?
I had read something about 75 tickets as of yesterday? Is this true ?
Wondered if fans had given up. Expecting about 300 perhaps.
I can't imagine it would be as low as 75, but 300 may be pushing it. Should be around 200.

I was tempted, but Saturday has drained me. Also, I can't go to an away game without my boy and it's a school night so no chance of his mum letting him go.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Apparently, and we've sold 500 already yo go to Northampton and will sell out our last home game against Oxford. Bonkers!!
Sneaking suspicion that there will be Oxford in the Big Bank, seeing as they sold their allocation out and will be more than likely needing a result to guarantee play-offs

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I can't imagine it would be as low as 75, but 300 may be pushing it. Should be around 200.

I was tempted, but Saturday has drained me. Also, I can't go to an away game without my boy and it's a school night so no chance of his mum letting him go.
He is better going to bed early and missing the thrilling 0-0 with 0 shots on target anyway.
I couldn’t blame your fans if less than 200 went. We would prob take 150 to you in fairness.
If that is the case we will close the terrace and put you in the seats.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It's one of those - if we were in form and likely to move out of the relegation zone, I think we'd have brought a shit load up. I think too many are resigned to our fate now.

I'm not yet - but I'm 80% accepting.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just get me to Fratton Park and let's put Barnsley to the sword. Hoping nerves don't get the better of us and we finish the job tonight.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
It's one of those - if we were in form and likely to move out of the relegation zone, I think we'd have brought a shit load up. I think too many are resigned to our fate now.

I'm not yet - but I'm 80% accepting.
That's the case for me. Had it all planned out to be there tonight but after last Tuesday/Saturday I'm drained and don't think it's worth the bother. I'll watch on ifollow but that's all.

It's as must-win as must-wins get - even a draw I think is terminal given our final 3 games. Win and maybe just maybe it could spark some life into us for the final 3, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Less than a mile (WAFC)

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Taken Burton, Vale and Bolton in my acca. If that were to happen, Shrewsbury would be in a bit of trouble.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Same back 5 which capitulated Saturday but very attacking line up. No Dipepa though…

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
So he saw that complete fucking abortion of a defence on Saturday and that’s the area of the team he chooses to run it back again with? There really are no words… I’m actually somewhat hoping Wycombe win this just to end the season now.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
We’ve rotated heavily and looks as though Hurst has in his mind that it’s a write off tonight and to rest some players for Saturday’s match. Probably the correct decision but with the line up we have tonight this could easily be 4/5-0 to Bolton. My guess is that the stream will be turned off by HT and I’ll have Netflix on by 8:45pm.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Sneaking suspicion that there will be Oxford in the Big Bank, seeing as they sold their allocation out and will be more than likely needing a result to guarantee play-offs
I think if results go as expected tonight and on Saturday they will already be guaranteed 6th place

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
I wasn't going to watch PV v Wycombe tonight - but I've just realised that I've never knowingly seen Ryan Loft play before (I mean, I've probably seen him multiple times, but not noticed him...), yet given the massive hype and affection that all Vale fans bestow upon the great man, I've got to watch this now.

I thought he was injured, but he's playing - so I'm in.

Ikpeazu will probably score against us with the old boy curse, so Vale at least have that to look forward to.

We've rotated yet again, but it's a fully competitive starting XI so it doesn't look like we're aiming to do anyone any favours.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I wasn't going to watch PV v Wycombe tonight - but I've just realised that I've never knowingly seen Ryan Loft play before (I mean, I've probably seen him multiple times, but not noticed him...), yet given the massive hype and affection that all Vale fans bestow upon the great man, I've got to watch this now.

Ikpeazu will probably score against us with the old boy curse, so Vale at least have that to look forward to.

We've rotated yet again, but it's a fully competitive starting XI so it doesn't look like we're aiming to do anyone any favours.
Loft is similar to Uche in that he works hard but doesn’t have much quality.

That said Uche has his best game for us Saturday, bullied Exeter but once he went off we had no options and it fell apart.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Yeah, to be honest Uche was great for us in our lone Championship season and scored a reasonable amount of goals in a side that was never going to be good enough for the division.

I thought he'd kick on, but he was a flop at Boro and I guess has come back to more of his natural level.

We were seriously looking at re-signing him, but the worry with him is the injury record.

Plus we signed an Uche-alike from non-league, Richard Kone. He has that same ungainly awkwardness which can (sometimes) work in his favour...he doesn't always seem to know what he's about to do, which means that it makes it hard for oppo defenders to guess too. :conf:

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

I was a season ticket holder at Rovers when he was with us. I also never noticed him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yeah, to be honest Uche was great for us in our lone Championship season and scored a reasonable amount of goals in a side that was never going to be good enough for the division.

I thought he'd kick on, but he was a flop at Boro and I guess has come back to more of his natural level.

We were seriously looking at re-signing him, but the worry with him is the injury record.

Plus we signed an Uche-alike from non-league, Richard Kone. He has that same ungainly awkwardness which can (sometimes) work in his favour...he doesn't always seem to know what he's about to do, which means that it makes it hard for oppo defenders to guess too. :conf:
Yeah Uche is like that. Our pod was discussing how Garrity and Chislett can play off him as you just can’t tell what he’s going to do. One minute he will batter defenders and go on a run… next a ball comes in and bounces 10 yards off him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!