11/02/23 - League 2 Fixtures

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
An absolute joke of a red card put us at a man's disadvantage for the final ten minutes and us being us we inevitably concede at the death. However, we didn't really deserve anything more than a point from the game and it was petering out to a 0-0 before the ref saw his chance for the headlines.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We seem to be perennially lodged in 16th place and barring an obscene Crewe goal swing the only way we'll be moving out of that spot is if Colchester beat us.
You just had to didn’t you?

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Entertaining game in Birkenhead. Double goal-line clearance in the same Salford move kept us ahead. Unlike Doncaster, the stats were against us but other things in our favour and we just about deserved the win.

Salford are like their owners, some skilful players but a lot of diving/feigning injury and trying to referee the game for the hapless Mr Bourne..Hope they don’t go up.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Entertaining game in Birkenhead. Double goal-line clearance in the same Salford move kept us ahead. Unlike Doncaster, the stats were against us but other things in our favour and we just about deserved the win.

Salford are like their owners, some skilful players but a lot of diving/feigning injury and trying to referee the game for the hapless Mr Bourne..Hope they don’t go up.

Probably get it from their manager who is a massive clown.

Reactions: Boz

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Christ Sutton are a pack of shithouses. Down to ten and should’ve been more, Bugiel could’ve been sent off about 3 times over with the amount of cynical challenges he made.

First 30 minutes or so was really poor from us, didn’t look interested at all and they could’ve been about 3/4 up. The sending off sparked life into us for the rest of the half and two top quality goals got us back into it.

Second half we let them off the hook really and didn’t capitalise with some wasted chances, and Sutton seeing the game out in typical shithouse fashion.

Feels like 2 points dropped which is weird to say after the start we had to the game

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Christ Sutton are a pack of shithouses. Down to ten and should’ve been more, Bugiel could’ve been sent off about 3 times over with the amount of cynical challenges he made.

First 30 minutes or so was really poor from us, didn’t look interested at all and they could’ve been about 3/4 up. The sending off sparked life into us for the rest of the half and two top quality goals got us back into it.

Second half we let them off the hook really and didn’t capitalise with some wasted chances, and Sutton seeing the game out in typical shithouse fashion.

Feels like 2 points dropped which is weird to say after the start we had to the game
Can't argue with any of that last 20 minutes we got sucked in to their antics and strangled the life out of us. We weren't good enough to get the points today and didn't deserve any more than we got. It is 2 points dropped but a win at Crewe, I'd happily take 4 points from the two games.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Well, before New Year, in 23 games Gills had only won 2 and scored 7 goals.

We set our own club record of 6 games without a goal early on. Then a couple of months later beat it with another 7 game run without a goal.

That’s how bad we were. Dunno about the other 11 in the bottom half.
You've got four points from us. That's how shit we are!

Casey

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Can't argue with any of that last 20 minutes we got sucked in to their antics and strangled the life out of us. We weren't good enough to get the points today and didn't deserve any more than we got. It is 2 points dropped but a win at Crewe, I'd happily take 4 points from the two games.

Agree with that, would've been happy with a point here and three at Crewe before kick off, thank fuck we only have to witness them twice a season, imagine buying a season ticket to watch THAT every week, like watching the Six Nations.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Stalemate at Plough Lane. We've only lost 2 in 15 but we just can't score.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Very comfortable win, Gillingham looked very slow and lathergic just generally not at it, only disappointment was not scoring anymore - Gills GK pulled off two great saves.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Oh yeah we had a game today. It wax crap. Ref was poor. Crewe , the great footballing team, decided to go for hoof ball and time wasting. We were our usual rubbish selves. Happy to tap it around until some pressure was put on then were a bunch of little colourful flowers.

Too far away to see it it was a pen for Crewe. The Crewe sending off was the players fault entirely. If your on a yellow tripping someone up as you're
chasing them is silly.

97th minute equaliser. Our 2nd shot on target.

Casey

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Very comfortable win, Gillingham looked very slow and lathergic just generally not at it, only disappointment was not scoring anymore - Gills GK pulled off two great saves.
He was our keeper until wagmi said he was too old and gave him to a relegation rival. I miss Glenn.

Casey

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
According to Evans they should have had three pens in the first half, we should have had two red cards, Derbyshire's effort never went over the line, a save Lewis made was actually over the line and the ref had a shocker. Never change, you fat mess.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
He was our keeper until wagmi said he was too old and gave him to a relegation rival. I miss Glenn.

Casey
Our man of the match today easily, although when you lose and your keeper is still the best player it says an awful lot about your performance.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Lost 3-2 today, disappointing, created plenty of chances, really should have got something from the game but if you don't take your chances then you can't complain if you don't win. Just not our day unfortunately.

First half was fairly even until we grabbed the opening goal from a corner, good delivery from Forster-Caskey and Piergianni nodded it passed the keeper for 1-0. We went close from another couple of set pieces but good keeping/defending kept it at 1-0. Poor in-decisive defending led to Bradford's best chance, Derbyshire taking the ball in stride but lashed it over the bar.

Second half Bradford levelled fairly early, route one at it finest into Cook who flicked onto Derbyshire who finished fantastically. Couldn't tell from my position whether it crossed the line but looked impressive annoyingly. Second goal for Bradford came from the spot. Another set play launched into the box, the referee noticed a shirt pull (I think) and awarded the penalty. Well taken by Cook for 2-1. I'm not saying the penalty award was incorrect but it was incredibly frustrating to see a shirt pull awarded as penalty when in the first half Luther played a lovely cross into the box and the two advancing Boro attackers were basically hauled to the ground and nothing was given - I kind of feel you either award two penalties or none in that situation.

After Bradford took the lead it was pretty much one way traffic, we were a constant threat from set pieces and Lewis in the Bradford goal pulled off an outstanding save to stop March from making it 2-2. We did eventually level and the goal came through Sweeney from a corner. After that I thought we were most likely to nick the winner but when the fifth goal did come it was for Bradford, great persistence from Cook, more indecisive defending before a lovely little reverse pass into Walker who finished calmly to win it for Bradford.

Disappointing scenes in the aftermath of the goal, a total moron managed to get on to the pitch to try and get at one of the Bradford players. Hopefully he's banned, don't want that sort of "fan" attending matches. Was it frustrating to lose? Yes. No need to be a c*** about it.

After that was fairly comfortably for Bradford, we were panicked when attacking, no composure, still came close through Norris, he hit the crossbar with a header. On another day we get a point or three, shit happens. Just got to go again and try and get something from Newport on Tuesday.

Gills4years

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
True. For all our signings, we still have no pace in the team.

You deserved to win, but your commentators on ifollow seem to think you are Real Madrid, which is really weird. Genuinely deluded.

Morris did play well but your keeper denied Lapslie at the end when he should have scored. Lapslie hasn't started for us which is puzzling, apart from one week when he did not train due to illness.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Same with us.

We are top of the league based on first half scores and 18th based on second half. Really baffling.

Well a reversal today. Shocking in the first half and good in the second half.

One day we will be the best team in both halves!

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Lost 3-2 today, disappointing, created plenty of chances, really should have got something from the game but if you don't take your chances then you can't complain if you don't win. Just not our day unfortunately.

First half was fairly even until we grabbed the opening goal from a corner, good delivery from Forster-Caskey and Piergianni nodded it passed the keeper for 1-0. We went close from another couple of set pieces but good keeping/defending kept it at 1-0. Poor in-decisive defending led to Bradford's best chance, Derbyshire taking the ball in stride but lashed it over the bar.

Second half Bradford levelled fairly early, route one at it finest into Cook who flicked onto Derbyshire who finished fantastically. Couldn't tell from my position whether it crossed the line but looked impressive annoyingly. Second goal for Bradford came from the spot. Another set play launched into the box, the referee noticed a shirt pull (I think) and awarded the penalty. Well taken by Cook for 2-1. I'm not saying the penalty award was incorrect but it was incredibly frustrating to see a shirt pull awarded as penalty when in the first half Luther played a lovely cross into the box and the two advancing Boro attackers were basically hauled to the ground and nothing was given - I kind of feel you either award two penalties or none in that situation.

After Bradford took the lead it was pretty much one way traffic, we were a constant threat from set pieces and Lewis in the Bradford goal pulled off an outstanding save to stop March from making it 2-2. We did eventually level and the goal came through Sweeney from a corner. After that I thought we were most likely to nick the winner but when the fifth goal did come it was for Bradford, great persistence from Cook, more indecisive defending before a lovely little reverse pass into Walker who finished calmly to win it for Bradford.

Disappointing scenes in the aftermath of the goal, a total moron managed to get on to the pitch to try and get at one of the Bradford players. Hopefully he's banned, don't want that sort of "fan" attending matches. Was it frustrating to lose? Yes. No need to be a c*** about it.

After that was fairly comfortably for Bradford, we were panicked when attacking, no composure, still came close through Norris, he hit the crossbar with a header. On another day we get a point or three, shit happens. Just got to go again and try and get something from Newport on Tuesday.
Chin up you won’t play a keeper of Harry Lewis’ quality again this season regardless of some comments on here;)

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Very fair and gracious report that mate

Gills4years

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
According to Evans they should have had three pens in the first half, we should have had two red cards, Derbyshire's effort never went over the line, a save Lewis made was actually over the line and the ref had a shocker. Never change, you fat mess.

That's a quiet and balanced press conference by the standards of the waistline challenged one.

Reactions: Cas

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Great save that, even better on second viewing. Also shows it didn't cross the line.

Yeah I didn't think it crossed the line.

Watched the highlights though, and the pen we got was ridiculously soft. If you give a pen for that then you would be seeing 5+ pens a match.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Moxon has travelled. Simpson said he wouldn't if he wasn't going to be involved.

Don't get me wrong it's a tough game, and I'd not be surprised to see us slip-up here (I've actually backed Wimbledon at 21/20) - but you can't make a case for us getting anything here? We're 3rd in the league, have the division's top scorer, and are 2nd in the form table. How's that?
Because I predicted us to win last week and look what happened.

Not a bad point today, but our toothlessness in front of goal is cause for concern

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Yeah I didn't think it crossed the line.

Watched the highlights though, and the pen we got was ridiculously soft. If you give a pen for that then you would be seeing 5+ pens a match.

It was a soft one but was also stupid on our part - before that FK the referee has words with the players, I'm assuming for grappling etc so you know he's going to be watching out for it. You're asking for trouble if you proceed to do what you've just been told to stop doing.

Not sure if the highlights showed our penalty shout from the first half? That to me looked more of a penalty than what was given. As I said above, sort of feel you either let it slide for both or give a penalty for both, seems unfair to not be consistent.

That said if we'd been given the penalty there's no way we'd have got it passed your £25m rated goalkeeper :gmc:

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
It was a soft one but was also stupid on our part - before that FK the referee has words with the players, I'm assuming for grappling etc so you know he's going to be watching out for it. You're asking for trouble if you proceed to do what you've just been told to stop doing.

Not sure if the highlights showed our penalty shout from the first half? That to me looked more of a penalty than what was given. As I said above, sort of feel you either let it slide for both or give a penalty for both, seems unfair to not be consistent.

That said if we'd been given the penalty there's no way we'd have got it passed your £25m rated goalkeeper :gmc:
He’s saved 4 of 6 penalties this season so there’s every chance you wouldn’t! Didn’t see the one first half, but after the pathetic ones we’ve had against us this season to the point we’ve had apologies from the authorities one or two going our way is overdue. Not that two wrongs make a right of course.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Platt is pulling your guy's shirt too which is why I wouldn't have given it.

Highlights only showed the goals, so they didn't show your potential pen.

To be fair, he has saved 3 of the four penalties that he's faced this season....price tag rising...:£

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

surprisingly easy win for the stags, gillingham we’re pretty
True. For all our signings, we still have no pace in the team.

You deserved to win, but your commentators on ifollow seem to think you are Real Madrid, which is really weird. Genuinely deluded.

Morris did play well but your keeper denied Lapslie at the end when he should have scored. Lapslie hasn't started for us which is puzzling, apart from one week when he did not train due to illness.

Sadly the commentators can make all sides like that, it’s not ideal.

Ironically the commentator you’d have heard (martin shaw) is from your neck of the woods can travels to each game from somewhere in kent;

Certainly one of those games where it could have gone the other way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!