12/04/16 Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
3292? That's impressive. Are we to be segregated on Saturday?

Yes i understand a decision was made to make all games segregated now at the San Silverlake.
We had an incident a few weeks back where we tried to keep some games un-segregated, but the behaviour of an away minority, put paid to that.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Hurst is single handedly destroying us, we've a good side and he's built that. But that's it, other than that the man is absolutely fucking clueless and I've said it for years. Last night was just yet another act in the circus that is Paul Hursts mind.

Last Tuesday we go 2-0 down and he changes to a side 99% of fans want to see. We win 4-3. He keeps that side the week after and we dominate Eastleigh, okay we draw 0-0 but we play well and there are good signs there. Come Tuesday the guy swaps those players back out again! Stewart didn't even make the fucking bench! Hurst has it favourites, people need to start seeing that because its desperately obvious and has been for years. We will never get promoted with him and if he went tomorrow he'd fully deserve it but Fenty will bottle it yet again. It should've been done two seasons ago after the Gateshead play-off loss, I doubt there are many now who can possibly defend the bloke.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I remain astonished that Hurst is still there, he keeps trying to second guess what players will play best against each team rather than just play the best team regularly. He isnt a manager, certainly not for a team thats underachieved so much. Having the leagues leading scorer and the best away numbers by some way and still struggle. Im honestly sad for you cod men .

Still time to go, but almost the worst is for you to get promoted as the rest stumble and have Hurst by default for another season. Hurst doing well in Div2 is a joke.
This poor run has been coming since Christmas - we've been stuttering since Conor Townsend left and lack of effective width and delivery in the final third to our play is part of the problem IMHO - what CT did very well. Saturday is another season defining game. Lose and we suddenly look in danger of missing out on the PO altogether in a 3 way scrap with Tranmere and Braintree, with a last day of Tranmere v Gy and Braintree with an easy looking game at home to Alty.

Hurst will have to go if we don't make the play-offs and should go if we don't go up, but I think the former will be the determinant.

Of course #OperationFAT is still on...

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Thats what I mean, he keeps shuffling the side round, its crazy. He is probably no more than a chief scout.

Why sign Stewart if he isnt playing, then Bogles in and out more times than a Tory cabinet minister (allegedly ;-)) Then Tait was it V CTFC, why he didnt start I dont know. Someone else well out of position V CTFC as well.

We have managers favourites here too , but there is at least some consistent team selection. #baffled.

Even if promoted he hasnt delivered enough by a long chalk this season (as well as the last few..)

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
You seem like a very insecure man / woman. He's right you know. Unfortunately for your wind up attempts we are used to failure here and have been for 15 years but I can't imagine you're taking your failure well seeing as all you do is post about ours. Just like that Bertie guy has nothing better to do seeing as his club is just plain irrelevant.

See you at Wembley :fing:

Lol not insecure at all, just find it amusing to see all the pre season bullishness coming from your fans coming back to bite you. Operation promotion was never going to end well, smacked of delusion.

We're not in the Trophy Final, so not sure how we'll see you at Wembley. Might pop along to support Hereford I suppose, always liked them.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
1. Halifax won't go down.Their fixtures may look tough on paper, but there are a couple of games where I expect them to get points - at FGR who will rest at least half their starting eleven, and against Macc. Have to say I also wouldn't be surprised if they beat or draw with Eastleigh.

2. I'm reading all these will Grimsby make the play offs posts and I'm chuckling to myself. Ever since they realised there was no stopping Cheltenham, they've taken things nice and easy, in readiness for the play offs, and it would take a brave man to bet against them. Going up and you can all bookmark this.

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
1. Halifax won't go down.Their fixtures may look tough on paper, but there are a couple of games where I expect them to get points - at FGR who will rest at least half their starting eleven, and against Macc. Have to say I also wouldn't be surprised if they beat or draw with Eastleigh.
2. I'm reading all these will Grimsby make the play offs posts and I'm chuckling to myself. Ever since they realised there was no stopping Cheltenham, they've taken things nice and easy, in readiness for the play offs, and it would take a brave man to bet against them. Going up and you can all bookmark this.
Blagged a visit to our Derby office for the day, and convinced two colleagues (forest supporters god forbid) to come up for the Macclesfield game, with the penance I had to drive whilst they got pissed, and was extremely impressed with the hosts, even when they went to ten men for half an hour or so. Played decent football all night, and if it wasn't for some quite stoic Dover defending, especially second half would have won. Not for the first time this season though Dover missed out on three points by simply not servicing their front three. I mean at all, don't think they had a shot second half.
But what the Dover team demonstrated, and the same applies to Braintree, even if at times it's far from pretty, is that in a league like this with little real quality and Cheltenham apart, no real stand out teams, there is no substitute for players who give their all and as a team leave nothing out on the pitch, an attitude that a lot of so called bigger clubs seem to be missing when I've seen them play.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Blagged a visit to our Derby office for the day, and convinced two colleagues (forest supporters god forbid) to come up for the Macclesfield game, with the penance I had to drive whilst they got pissed, and was extremely impressed with the hosts, even when they went to ten men for half an hour or so. Played decent football all night, and if it wasn't for some quite stoic Dover defending, especially second half would have won. Not for the first time this season though Dover missed out on three points by simply not servicing their front three. I mean at all, don't think they had a shot second half.
Good to hear. Hope you enjoyed yourselves!
I agree that we played well yesterday, given that we had an outfield player in goal for pretty much the whole game. As I've said previously, Dover should have been out of sight after that but the red card for Orlu changed everything and Macc were the better team there on in.
I'd like to hear a neutral's view on the referee last night - as expected the majority of Macc supporters are feeling hard done by with the red card and a fairly clear penalty that wasn't given. Luckily I gather he works in a Macclesfield school so he doesn't get given too many of our games.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I remain astonished that Hurst is still there, he keeps trying to second guess what players will play best against each team rather than just play the best team regularly. He isnt a manager, certainly not for a team thats underachieved so much. Having the leagues leading scorer and the best away numbers by some way and still struggle. Im honestly sad for you cod men .

Still time to go, but almost the worst is for you to get promoted as the rest stumble and have Hurst by default for another season. Hurst doing well in Div2 is a joke.
While I think you raise some valid points and have done pretty much every time you post on here, he hasn't massively underachieved really. He gets us to where we should finish in the league (going on the basis that the biggest budget should win the league and the smallest should come bottom) and then we bottle the playoffs.

Lol not insecure at all, just find it amusing to see all the pre season bullishness coming from your fans coming back to bite you.
You've been doing this all season. Just fabricating this weird fantasy in your head about how we all said we were going to piss the league before it started. There was only really one of us saying that and I'm not entirely sure if he was being serious or not.

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Thanks, but the budget isnt the big problem, its easy to use that as the excuse, but youve got the best scorer in the league so it isnt money as that isnt an issue. Even Amond hasnt played all the matches he could have this season, just seems so strange. We all know that budget HELPS but its not the panacea, not at all, Leicester i guess is the obvious example of that, indeed Cheltenham in our league. (And what a shock theyve both played settled sides as much as possible through the season)

Cannot believe you'd wouldnt be doing a bit better with someone else. Saw the CTFC match and FGR match for several seasons now and honestly he just stands there, doesnt give much impression of being in control nor passion or any leadership.

Youve the biggest support by far, maybe excluding Tranmere, genuinely feel hes let you down. The results this season have been far too inconsistent especially against less budgeted teams. I fancy theres plenty of Div one let alone two managers who would give an arm or leg to manage you back to where you once were.

Even at this stage changing manager may well help for the final push.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Whilst I find it humorous to mock the Operation Promotion from Grimsby, is it any different to our #bounceback campaign with the local paper? They haven't failed yet either. They may not win the league but they're still in with a shout of winning the playoffs.

According to our forum there's no point in Halifax turning up on Saturday, which is embarrassing to say the least. Whilst I think we should expect to win, I do get frustrated by those who think we're some massive club who only need to turn up to win games.

That being said, tickets are selling very well with nearly all seats sold out for the game.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Thanks, but the budget isnt the big problem, its easy to use that as the excuse, but youve got the best scorer in the league so it isnt money as that isnt an issue. Even Amond hasnt played all the matches he could have this season, just seems so strange. We all know that budget HELPS but its not the panacea, not at all, Leicester i guess is the obvious example of that, indeed Cheltenham in our league. (And what a shock theyve both played settled sides as much as possible through the season)

Cannot believe you'd wouldnt be doing a bit better with someone else. Saw the CTFC match and FGR match for several seasons now and honestly he just stands there, doesnt give much impression of being in control nor passion or any leadership.

Youve the biggest support by far, maybe excluding Tranmere, genuinely feel hes let you down. The results this season have been far too inconsistent especially against less budgeted teams. I fancy theres plenty of Div one let alone two managers who would give an arm or leg to manage you back to where you once were.

Even at this stage changing manager may well help for the final push.
Since we've been down here the division has been won 4/5 times by the team with the biggest budget, so I would argue that it is a huge part of it. This season admittedly, Cheltenham might not have the biggest but they're probably 2nd and certainly ahead of us. Last season was the only time a team with a smaller budget than us has won the division and we lost out in the playoff final to a team with a bigger budget. I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, as it's not. The likes of Newport, Cambridge, York and Wimbledon all got out ahead of us on less money. However, it's not really fair to expect to finish higher than the budget you have. Leicester is a poor example, ignoring the fact that they're in a different world to us, they spent a lot in Championship/League One terms to get where they are.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
You've been doing this all season. Just fabricating this weird fantasy in your head about how we all said we were going to piss the league before it started.

The team that will pretty much dominate the league for the full season?

Grimsby

Fans sticking by the players and the club after a brutal playoff defeat in an attempt to bounce back and finally finish the job, majorly tinpot yep. I look forward to celebrating our tinpottedness when we lift the tinpot trophy in May.

That's already one of the best starting 11s in the league. Just one real job for Hurst, sign a striker and make it a good one. He does that and we win the league. Very confident of that if you all didn't already guess.[/QUOTE]

We seemed void of ideas and creativity at times last season but from what I have seen so far we will be certainly able to break down stubborn defences this year a lot easier. Trying not to get excited and stay calm but it is proving very difficult.

The sides that Derby, Peterborough and Huddersfield put out should be beating us all day long.

It's not like we've luckily beaten one of them, we've taken apart 4 league sides with relative ease. Absolutely no reason why that shouldn't provide a huge confidence boost.

Say what you like about preseason meaning nothing, but these players that are playing so well at the minute, do you think when the season starts they will suddenly start playing shit?!

No, because they are showing what they are capable of, thats why we are happy and optimistic. :) :)

Let's not forget that a couple of us, me most of all, have been incredibly confident of us winning the league even before pre-season started.

Like Clarkey says I was confident we would win this league before pre season, I think I put a post on here couple days after the play off final saying if we kept most of the squad and added a goalscorer we win the title.

You know what we might lose to Kiddy or even a few of the early games but I'm still confident we will win the league come next April no matter how bad we start.

Except I was confident of us winning the league before pre-season, so it makes no difference, and bear in mind I have never been confident of coming close to winning the league in our previous 5 seasons despite other town fans thinking it. I said after the play-off final if we kept most of the squad together and signed a couple decent strikers we would win.

Pre-season games have only added to that opinion/optimism not been the cause of it.

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Honestly I think the budget is overplayed, as we know all too well at FGR, whatever much it is.... Its about getting the right team, playing them consistently to give them the confidence and getting them to play of their best, their strengths and with passion. Hence the Leicester example,. they must have at least as little as the 12th if not lower budget in the PL, way less than Villa, the difference is all about the latter points. For FGR we have signed 4 strikers and got shot of them then without getting anything like the best from them in their last season and not playing them enough, all now scoring well more than our top scorer this year ...

EDIT- Bertie WTF, just quoting one guy- he was wrong, move on mate

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
e94bdeee3de0070ad1ee8972711d80ed.jpg

Orlu got sent off for reacting to this last night. I apologise for having a go at him now

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Honestly I think the budget is overplayed, as we know all too well at FGR, whatever much it is.... Its about getting the right team, playing them consistently to give them the confidence and getting them to play of their best, their strengths and with passion. Hence the Leicester example,. they must have at least as little as the 12th if not lower budget in the PL, way less than Villa, the difference is all about the latter points. For FGR we have signed 4 strikers and got shot of them then without getting anything like the best from them in their last season and not playing them enough, all now scoring well more than our top scorer this year ...

The thing is with Leicester, it's a freak season. The earth has moved and conspired in a certain way that we might not ever see again in our life. Look at their defence for proof of this. Lavish Ranieri with all the praise in the world, but there is no way in the world that he thought for one second that a defence of Huth, Morgan, Simpson and Fuchs was gonna win the title. Chelsea and Man City bombing so hard, too? You're right in that it's all about getting the best team possible and instilling the necessary confidence in their ability. That's achieved much more easier with the biggest budget in the divison, though. That's why Crawley, Fleetwood, Mansfield and Luton all won the Conference.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking

I've quoted at least 5 different Grimsby posters in that post.

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
No, only one that fully committed, one other "confident" all the others were more hesitant. Are you saying not a single cards fan thought you'd win the league or at least get to the play offs :bow:

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
No, only one that fully committed, one other "confident" all the others were more hesitant. Are you saying not a single cards fan thought you'd win the league or at least get to the play offs :bow:

I doubt anyone (not even Sparrow) thought we would win the league. A couple on our forum did think we would get in the playoffs though but I'm not denying it.

I'll make one prediction though - Grimsby will dick us on Tuesday. Whether this is down to the fact they beat Derby and Huddersfield in pre season will remain unknown.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Lol not insecure at all, just find it amusing to see all the pre season bullishness coming from your fans coming back to bite you. Operation promotion was never going to end well, smacked of delusion.

We're not in the Trophy Final, so not sure how we'll see you at Wembley. Might pop along to support Hereford I suppose, always liked them.
It's not coming back to bite them, they will trounce you in the play-offs. Real team, you see. :ds:

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
So that's why Frealaf rarely posts on here, and when he does it's to dig someone else out. In fairness, after making such ridiculous claims, I probably wouldn't either if I was him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I doubt anyone (not even Sparrow) thought we would win the league. A couple on our forum did think we would get in the playoffs though but I'm not denying it.

I'll make one prediction though - Grimsby will dick us on Tuesday. Whether this is down to the fact they beat Derby and Huddersfield in pre season will remain unknown.
We won't dick you, maybe a last minute equaliser after being 3-0 down on 87 minutes though?

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
e94bdeee3de0070ad1ee8972711d80ed.jpg

Orlu got sent off for reacting to this last night. I apologise for having a go at him now
Branagan got sent off for Modeste diving as far as he could when the ball was just about already out of play. About evens I'd say.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking

To be fair to Monkey Tennis I'm surprised he's still around to post on here.

If I had to live in Barrow I would have committed suicide a long time ago like many others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!