14/01/23 - League 2 Fixtures

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Mad Gav starting with a 5-0 win. Sounds like the players just went out and expressed themselves without the needless over playing crap which is pointless in League 2.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
0-0 a fair reflection with the Barrowers who are tricky opponents, they caused us a few problems through Gordon and Whitfield. Wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs.

All the penalty shouts from both sides I thought were more in desperation than anything else tbh, neither keeper was troubled too much. Paul Farman can be quite erratic though!

All our injuries and bans are now coming thick and fast, 6 players out today, plus two more with Duke-McKenna going off injured and Tom James getting sent off. Have to try and get through the game next week at Stevenage and just get something from it and then we can regroup after a very tricky run of games.

Our form in front of goal is a concern - but we've not conceded a goal at home for 4 months now and only lost one game in this period, so hoping this is our season sticky patch right now.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Take a point in the circumstances. Two brain dead challenges from Walker put us up against it just as we were getting on top in a pretty even game. Saw it out comfortably in the end. Lewis had one real save to make from a FK but Wimbledon never put us under any real sustained pressure.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
1-1 draw with Harrogate, awful conditions and a poor quality game to match. Fair result in the grand scheme of things. We spent way too long in the first half, playing against the wind, going direct and getting nowhere, towards the end of the half it seemed to click that we needed to get the ball down and when we did we looked better for it.

Second half we managed to get ourselves in front, set piece goal, the ball in, knocked down to Piergianni who scored yet again. We made 4 changes immediately after the goal, with hindsight they didn't really make a positive difference to the game, we had a couple of chances to make it 2-0 but Harrogate fought back, good wing play by Grant who delivered well for Armstrong to level. Harrogate could have won it late on but great defending by Piergianni to hook it off the line with the keeper beaten.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Can't comment on today, didn't see any of it, Curle had been dealt a duff hand with this collection of players but he's not helping himself with some truly bizarre tactics and selection of players, it's starting to get desperate now, need a striker in before Saturday, dunno what people see in Grey, way too raw, should've been out on loan getting experience and goals lower down and I've flip flopped on Hamilton but he needs to go back with the other Jock stiffs.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
First half was an awful watch between two really poor teams. Took the lead at a great time on the stroke of half time. Second half we played really well, made it 2-0 and looked like scoring more.

Need to start games better in future, but a good and important win.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I thought we defended well today and our first goal was a well worked goal. I can see why Northampton are up there with their general middle third performance, think we were on the right side of the injury/illness situation today, Northampton missing some good defenders. We scored at the right times and once it was 2-0 it was game over.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
A decent early Salford first and a shocking concession of a 2nd on ht saw the home side take the points. We huffed and puffed and missed a pen. Not our day. Salford have taken 6 points off us without putting anything much together other than maybe a bright 10 mins today. Would be nice to return back to winning ways at home versus a rested and possibly much different Crawley next week.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Reckon neutrals would have enjoyed that game at EP today. We started brightly but No'ton came into it and put some pressure on us, Hinchliffe had to make a great save to keep us level, once we'd weathered that storm a lovely team move finished with Sarc blasting home to give County the lead.

Second half, again the visitors started really brightly but never pulled level, then debutant Knoyle headed on a dangerous ball that came off a defender and in. At that point, No'ton made a number of subs and lost all shape, heads were gone and it was easy sailing for County.

Also worth noting that today was the first time we used a back four, not sure how much that was down to necessity and how much was to counter the visitors. But suited us well.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Nice to see Cobblers getting sucked back into the pack. Still up for grabs.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
0-0 a fair reflection with the Barrowers who are tricky opponents, they caused us a few problems through Gordon and Whitfield. Wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs.

All the penalty shouts from both sides I thought were more in desperation than anything else tbh, neither keeper was troubled too much. Paul Farman can be quite erratic though!

All our injuries and bans are now coming thick and fast, 6 players out today, plus two more with Duke-McKenna going off injured and Tom James getting sent off. Have to try and get through the game next week at Stevenage and just get something from it and then we can regroup after a very tricky run of games.

Our form in front of goal is a concern - but we've not conceded a goal at home for 4 months now and only lost one game in this period, so hoping this is our season sticky patch right now.
on a promising note though - when you got promoted from the conference you beat us away, but drew with us at home..... so it's a good omen

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Mad Gav starting with a 5-0 win. Sounds like the players just went out and expressed themselves without the needless over playing crap which is pointless in League 2.
Grimsby continuing to not try against any side that isn't called Stockport County, sad to see

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Thought it was a good game in terms of effort and intent from both sides, not a dirty game but so many nothing free kicks being given just killed any flow to the game. Happy with a point, Wimbledon looked dangerous and with ten men, away, pleased.
Pretty exciting for a 0-0.

Biler deservedly got MotM - he never stopped.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Can't comment on today, didn't see any of it, Curle had been dealt a duff hand with this collection of players but he's not helping himself with some truly bizarre tactics and selection of players, it's starting to get desperate now, need a striker in before Saturday, dunno what people see in Grey, way too raw, should've been out on loan getting experience and goals lower down and I've flip flopped on Hamilton but he needs to go back with the other Jock stiffs.
Curle fucked it from the start, a total shitshow. 4 at the back, never works for us, defenders in midfield, full backs at centre half. The gap between the defence and midfield was yawning, them midfield 3 were absolutely dire. It is a really poor side, there was only one team up for the game, if you can't show any fight either then we might as well just get relegated now.

Grey has been totally mismanaged, he should've gone out to NLN for a season and get 10/15 goals and learn the game. Hamilton wins a lot of headers but has the movement of a cement bag. Badly need a striker. In fact we need new everything really, team is so imbalanced and the team spirit looks awful.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Curle fucked it from the start, a total shitshow. 4 at the back, never works for us, defenders in midfield, full backs at centre half. The gap between the defence and midfield was yawning, them midfield 3 were absolutely dire. It is a really poor side, there was only one team up for the game, if you can't show any fight either then we might as well just get relegated now.

Grey has been totally mismanaged, he should've gone out to NLN for a season and get 10/15 goals and learn the game. Hamilton wins a lot of headers but has the movement of a cement bag. Badly need a striker. In fact we need new everything really, team is so imbalanced and the team spirit looks awful.
I wish I could disagree with any of this but I can’t.

That today was as bad as it could possibly be, and if they can’t get up for a huge game like that today, then I’m worried.

Totally shite from start to finish all over the pitch, no one has any credit today, certainly not Curle

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

Grey (your number 12 I think) spent a lot of time falling over and staying down when there wasn’t a foul, I’m not saying he was play acting because I genuinely don’t think he was, but as yet he doesn’t have the physicality to compete. Although he ran around a lot.

You guys were unlucky in the respect you had one ruled out for offside and one that hit the post and went straight to our keeper, but we did deserve the win overall. The second goal was an absolutely cracking shot (also his first goal for us since joining in the summer, didn’t know he had it in him).

Good luck for the rest of the season, it’s shit being down at the bottom and hopefully we’ll both start pulling away. Colchester next week for us, before we play Crawley in couple of weeks, two more huge games.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Lack of cutting edge from both sides - Walsall offered next to nothing going forward and we really should have won that if not for another keeping error (different keeper, same shtick). Hewelt does have excellent distribution though, and that definitely helped in other aspects of our performance. Unfortunately, he's very inexperienced, so I guess we're to expect mistakes aplenty for the rest of the season. Sod the rest of the game, it was cold, wet, Walsall were wasting time for a point from about the half hour mark and we had a lot of the ball but created little.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
The team were abysmal. We have no defence, no midfield and one striker. Difficult to string passes together and difficult to get over the halfway line. Keeper kept booting the ball out of play from goal kicks but apart from that we’re good..

Text I got from someone there today

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Grimsby continuing to not try against any side that isn't called Stockport County, sad to see
Proper cup final stuff from them. Don't think their fans are that bothered though, they just watch the highlights of their long throw masterclass vs us on loop instead.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The team were abysmal. We have no defence, no midfield and one striker. Difficult to string passes together and difficult to get over the halfway line. Keeper kept booting the ball out of play from goal kicks but apart from that we’re good..

Text I got from someone there today
Pretty accurate

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Glenn Morris pulls off a great save to keep it 0-0 the Nichols scores one and creates one for Gillingham to win.

I dont think this should be allowed. Wagmi told us they were too old and the stats don't lie.

Casey

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Glenn Morris pulls off a great save to keep it 0-0 the Nichols scores one and creates one for Gillingham to win.

I dont think this should be allowed. Wagmi told us they were too old and the stats don't lie.

Casey
I was right behind the first half save, good as it was, the ball was going just wide. Nichols was excellent though, great little player.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
on a promising note though - when you got promoted from the conference you beat us away, but drew with us at home..... so it's a good omen
That should really help the Orient fans nerves as I reckon they are getting a bit twitchy now their buffer to the play offs is down to just the measly 15 points.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Today is a perfect example of why we have no hope of going up, yes the referee gave an incorrect drop ball to Crewe before the freak goal, and yes he incorrectly red carded Maris but we have absolutely nobody in that squad who knows where the onion bag is.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Extremely poor by recent standards today but I'll take a point.Flynn said we had a virus in the squad this week and 4 or 5 were off it today did look lethargic out there tbh.

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Still tight at the top but Northampton are risking getting dragged into it

Maybe the hoolie blowing through Brunton Park contributed to the poor first half but it didn't exactly let up second half yet we came on much better. I think it was just that goal we got in first half injury time, out of the blue and knocked the stuffing out of Newport. Got a second early in the second half and from there on could have run away with it.

Really well taken goal from Gordon on his debut and overall good performance from Dennis who provided the spark to get us going.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Master stroke by clueless Curle to start Hamilton on the wing.
Crap chairman,crap manager & even crapier players.
God i fecking hate being a Pools fan.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Grey (your number 12 I think) spent a lot of time falling over and staying down when there wasn’t a foul, I’m not saying he was play acting because I genuinely don’t think he was, but as yet he doesn’t have the physicality to compete. Although he ran around a lot.

You guys were unlucky in the respect you had one ruled out for offside and one that hit the post and went straight to our keeper, but we did deserve the win overall. The second goal was an absolutely cracking shot (also his first goal for us since joining in the summer, didn’t know he had it in him).

Good luck for the rest of the season, it’s shit being down at the bottom and hopefully we’ll both start pulling away. Colchester next week for us, before we play Crawley in couple of weeks, two more huge games.
Nothing went for us all game, balls that would normally go out of play stuck on the boggy pitch and ended up with a Gills player but we didn't earn the right for a break, we lost every first and second ball, not showing for the ball. We didn't want to be there today. It was only when we reverted to 532 that we looked a bit better, why the hell he keeps fucking about I dunno. In a game of this importance.

Grey has a lot of potential but he should be out lower down toughening up and getting some goals.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Superb win today for STFC against a Grimsby side that played pretty well whilst the scores were level and also at 1-0 down. Did the sending off have a bearing on the result? I'm not so sure as 3 other sides in Div 4 had players sent off today and none of them shipped a further 4 goals. If we can keep Austin on the pitch for 65/70 minutes for the last 20 odd games then he's going to rip this league up. As long as we can continue to create then Charlie could still end up with 15 goals. Interesting week ahead with the possibility of a new manager, incomings and possibly some outgoings (It looks as if Louis Reed has gone). Need to make next week at Walsall count with our usual 1000 plus crowd behind us. COYR !

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Lack of cutting edge from both sides - Walsall offered next to nothing going forward and we really should have won that if not for another keeping error (different keeper, same shtick). Hewelt does have excellent distribution though, and that definitely helped in other aspects of our performance. Unfortunately, he's very inexperienced, so I guess we're to expect mistakes aplenty for the rest of the season. Sod the rest of the game, it was cold, wet, Walsall were wasting time for a point from about the half hour mark and we had a lot of the ball but created little.
Agree with that poor game we seemed intent on lumping it to midget strikers again like the bad old days of our early season form Matt should help when we decide to play like that why we do it without a target man i do not know it just comes straight back.two mid table teams on display unless both improve and sign a few decent players this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!