1st/2nd 2023 League 2 Fixtures

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
The doomsayers will point out we will only be 17 points clear of the bottom two if we lose today. 1-2, Quigley to score.

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I've taken a big decision not to go today. Mainly due to us being abjectly poor recently, but also due to cost after Donny a couple of days ago.

Quigley owes us a decent performance. He's not looked interested since returning from injury...but sadly, it doesn't show amongst most of the others who should be ashamed of themselves collecting a wage for very little effort and heart.
O'Donnell in particular has become a virtual statue in goal. Never comes off his line and his positioning is questionable at best...downright wrong if you ask me. My Bratfurd customer was spot on about him.

We need 3 or 4 decent new players in and 6 out if we are to stand any chance of staying up. Sad times at Dale.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I've taken a big decision not to go today. Mainly due to us being abjectly poor recently, but also due to cost after Donny a couple of days ago.

Quigley owes us a decent performance. He's not looked interested since returning from injury...but sadly, it doesn't show amongst most of the others who should be ashamed of themselves collecting a wage for very little effort and heart.
O'Donnell in particular has become a virtual statue in goal. Never comes off his line and his positioning is questionable at best...downright wrong if you ask me. My Bratfurd customer was spot on about him.

We need 3 or 4 decent new players in and 6 out if we are to stand any chance of staying up. Sad times at Dale.

Quigley will no doubt be interested today given he'll be getting stick from some sections.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Will be good of us to let Northampton win today, keep the top 3 nice and clear of the rest

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Orient equaliser disallowed for offside despite no flag going up?
Thanks officials...

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Just seen Ben Fox has come off the bench to score. How's he been doing for you Cobbly fans?

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Not to detract from Northampton's 1-0 win, but that was the worst referring display I have seen in years. So one sided it was completely farcical.
Red card given to Beckles in injury time for...nothing?
Every decision went their way.
Truly abysmal.
Oh well, onto the next game.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Big win for us today, was a pretty evenly matched game with very few clear cut chances for either side. On the balance of play a draw would probably have been fairer but when the one big chance fell our way Piergianni was on hand to take it.

Far from our best but to get 7 points from 9 over this Christmas/New Year week and to open up a 12 point gap over 4th, couldn't be happier.

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Quigley will no doubt be interested today given he'll be getting stick from some sections.
Well.... he wasn't interested after all, and gave a very lacklustre display. So did almost every other player mind. A goddam awful watch on I follow. Glad I didn't go now.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Orient equaliser disallowed for offside despite no flag going up?
Thanks officials...

He’s a fucking mile offside mate. Standing 5 yards off when the kick is taken and the free kick goes to his feet and they score from that. Pete Walton was summarising and as the bastion of knowledge he is, he’s said it’s definitely offside and was the correct call.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Decided to pay no attention to the game today. I owed my family a day out so off we all did trot to an escape room.

Succumbed and decided to check the BBC for the score 0-2 Telford with both! As I was checking the stats Newport scored. Shut down the phone in hope we could hold on...95 minutes game must be over. Check again and Newport score again!

I'd have bitten your hand off for a draw before the game but leading 0-2 after 83 minutes it feels bad to have only got a point.

The two managers were sent off in the 95th minute or some such. That'll be a good story.

Casey

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
The game in general though, Orient were definitely the better side first 20 but we started to get a foothold and Orient sank back a bit and seemed to be more interested in managing the game than going for it. They made so many cynical fouls to stop attacks and were taking an age over throws and free kicks. The game was definitely there to be won by them but they seemed happy enough with a point. Pratley went closest early on for them in the best chance of the half.

Second half we looked the more likely and scored after one of the best saves I’ve seen live by Vigoroux off Hoskins. After that I expected the Alamo but it was quite comfortable, albeit a bit tense holding on. No real scares other than the rightly disallowed goal and we looked the more likely to get a second goal.

Orient looked a good side, killed attacks when needed and passed the ball well. Can definitely see why they are up there but looked very toothless with the players they had out.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
A game too far for us, Darren Pratley had to take that chance in the first half for us, good save from Burge.

Northampton took their only chance and saw the game out, not the first time we’ve got done from our own corner this season and didn’t pick the pieces up.

Ref had a bad game from both sides, bit of an attention seeker. Our disallowed goal was offside, I was right in line with it - amazed the linesman didn’t flag it. Nearly got away with that as well.

Can only think Beckles went off for an elbow when challenging for the ball at the end, I don’t know why it took so long to decide.

Injuries to our front line have cost us the last two games, we’ve not been that bad but we’ve not been as clinical as we can be. Two big chances to score first in last 3 games and not taken them. Game too far against one of the leagues better sides in the end today. Be interesting to see how active we will be in the window.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Well.... he wasn't interested after all, and gave a very lacklustre display. So did almost every other player mind. A goddam awful watch on I follow. Glad I didn't go now.

Thought there was some battle in your defence at least, but had nothing going forward. Frustrated not to win that one, our final ball was poor.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
A game too far for us, Darren Pratley had to take that chance in the first half for us, good save from Burge.

Northampton took their only chance and saw the game out, not the first time we’ve got done from our own corner this season and didn’t pick the pieces up.

Ref had a bad game from both sides, bit of an attention seeker. Our disallowed goal was offside, I was right in line with it - amazed the linesman didn’t flag it. Nearly got away with that as well.

Can only think Beckles went off for an elbow when challenging for the ball at the end, I don’t know why it took so long to decide.

Injuries to our front line have cost us the last two games, we’ve not been that bad but we’ve not been as clinical as we can be. Two big chances to score first in last 3 games and not taken them. Game too far against one of the leagues better sides in the end today. Be interesting to see how active we will be in the window.

Chances definitely at a premium today. Ref definitely wanted people to know it was about him today didnt he. Wound us up first half and you lot second half.

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Brady said in his post-match interview that he overhead Beckles admitted to Wellens that it was a stamp before he went down the tunnel.

Both teams coming out with unwanted injuries from it. Definitely felt a little bit of the luck from the Mansfield draw and Swindon loss came back around today, as you said only one clear cut chance (though Hoskins should be on 16, a great save from Vigeroux before Fox got the second ball).

Orient also only created one chance really and if this has been the last two matches we've played, the header from Pratley would have gone in.

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Thought there was some battle in your defence at least, but had nothing going forward. Frustrated not to win that one, our final ball was poor.
Was probably one of the poorest games I have seen for about 30 years. we used to be even worse than that in the 70's and 80's.

Barrow probably shaded it, but not by enough to win. But Christ we are poor.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Just seen Wellens has said Beckles admitted to stamping on one of our players which was why he got the red. Dirty twat.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
We've got no fit CBs now for next Saturday...........Beckles banned, Happe now injured, Ogie got injured at the end of the game, Adam Thompson isn't fit. Wellens has said we will need another centre half now, be interesting to see if we sign any loans or someone pernamently.

Its taken 24 games but all our bans, injuries and illnesses have hit us all at once.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Decided to pay no attention to the game today. I owed my family a day out so off we all did trot to an escape room.

Succumbed and decided to check the BBC for the score 0-2 Telford with both! As I was checking the stats Newport scored. Shut down the phone in hope we could hold on...95 minutes game must be over. Check again and Newport score again!

I'd have bitten your hand off for a draw before the game but leading 0-2 after 83 minutes it feels bad to have only got a point.

The two managers were sent off in the 95th minute or some such. That'll be a good story.

Casey
There was some tension on the benches before the fracas at the end. One of your staff got a yellow earlier in the 2nd half. Think the reds were due to the hand ball by the Crawley CB not given. Was watching the ball so didn’t see the handbags but guess it was due to GC kicking off. An entertaining game in the end after a dismal first half. Bloody typical Telford scored, he should’ve won it at the end tbh and walked away with a hat trick and 3 points.
We need to be more attack minded at home especially against a team sitting in and counter attacking. Why 3 CBs to mark Telford on his todd? Game changed after we took off a CB and chased the game.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Just seen Wellens has said Beckles admitted to stamping on one of our players which was why he got the red. Dirty twat.
Yes said it was about the only decision the ref got right !

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD

Casey
No hard feelings it seems - well from one of the managers .

The other seems more frustrated with the ref more than anything .

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
A tightly fought affair at San Sixfields today. First half was very dull and massively subdued all around. Pratley had a good effort saved but outside of that not a lot occurred tbh. Second half was still tight but at least the atmosphere greatly improved. Vigeroux's save was unbelievable from Hoskins and then seemed like Fox's effort trickled in.

Thought Orient showed some nice passages of play out from the back looking really composed but definitely missed a spark that Smyth could offer. Didnt think their forwards offered anything really, is Harry Smith completely out of favour or can he not play after his loan was terminated? Not saying hes amazing but thought you could have done with a different option up top, as could we. Think Orient will still go up automatically comfortably, they were tough to break down and looked very comfortable on the ball. As long as they get some reinforcements they will be fine but the defender (Happe?) looked in a lot of discomfort as he went off.

The ref was shocking lets be honest. Brought along a few mates today who come along occasionally and we all commented if you were an away fan you would be raging as seemingly none of the little decisions even seemed to go their way. The big ones as Eric pointed out where at least correct. Kelman was a mile offside (at least i now know the rule about the deflection) and Beckles deserved to go.

I think both teams will go up in the automatics, will be interesting to see how both teams strengthen this month. I was at the ground today but it was pointed out on our forum that the ifollow coverage was really good for Orient. Pre match build up in the studio, highlights of both teams strengths and weaknesses etc and with a pre match interview with Wellens. Just watching it now and its miles better than anything ive seen from other clubs so far, we normally just cut to adverts from the radio feed, big tick for Orient there.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
A tightly fought affair at San Sixfields today. First half was very dull and massively subdued all around. Pratley had a good effort saved but outside of that not a lot occurred tbh. Second half was still tight but at least the atmosphere greatly improved. Vigeroux's save was unbelievable from Hoskins and then seemed like Fox's effort trickled in.

Thought Orient showed some nice passages of play out from the back looking really composed but definitely missed a spark that Smyth could offer. Didnt think their forwards offered anything really, is Harry Smith completely out of favour or can he not play after his loan was terminated? Not saying hes amazing but thought you could have done with a different option up top, as could we. Think Orient will still go up automatically comfortably, they were tough to break down and looked very comfortable on the ball. As long as they get some reinforcements they will be fine but the defender (Happe?) looked in a lot of discomfort as he went off.

The ref was shocking lets be honest. Brought along a few mates today who come along occasionally and we all commented if you were an away fan you would be raging as seemingly none of the little decisions even seemed to go their way. The big ones as Eric pointed out where at least correct. Kelman was a mile offside (at least i now know the rule about the deflection) and Beckles deserved to go.

I think both teams will go up in the automatics, will be interesting to see how both teams strengthen this month. I was at the ground today but it was pointed out on our forum that the ifollow coverage was really good for Orient. Pre match build up in the studio, highlights of both teams strengths and weaknesses etc and with a pre match interview with Wellens. Just watching it now and its miles better than anything ive seen from other clubs so far, we normally just cut to adverts from the radio feed, big tick for Orient there.

Wellens said Harry Smith will be avaliable after next week when his loan officially expires. Still unsure if he will still be here come the end of the window though.

Nice to hear other fans comment on our online coverage - the owners have invested heavily in it (for this level) to try and make it a worthwhile product.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
No hard feelings it seems - well from one of the managers .

The other seems more frustrated with the ref more than anything .
Byfield said he and the Newport manager were chatting after the game and there were no hard feelings. He did seem to be rather sheepish and embarrassed by the sending off. He said he is normally a quiet guy but football brings out the passion in him. Seems it kicked off when he asked why the Newport physio wasn't getting booked when he was doing what our physio did to get booked. It was our physio who booked earlier. He may be the manager in the next game. I'm not sure if we have anyone else.

Casey

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Wellens said Harry Smith will be avaliable after next week when his loan officially expires. Still unsure if he will still be here come the end of the window though.

Nice to hear other fans comment on our online coverage - the owners have invested heavily in it (for this level) to try and make it a worthwhile product.

Any idea how much they put in to it? Definitely makes a big difference, guessing it wont be recouped in overall sales but still just adds a lot to the experience I feel like.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Byfield said he and the Newport manager were chatting after the game and there were no hard feelings. He did seem to be rather sheepish and embarrassed by the sending off. He said he is normally a quiet guy but football brings out the passion in him. Seems it kicked off when he asked why the Newport physio wasn't getting booked when he was doing what our physio did to get booked. It was our physio who booked earlier. He may be the manager in the next game. I'm not sure if we have anyone else.

Casey
They watched the remainder of the game together from the tunnel. Seemed to be no hard feelings, both were chatting away.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Was probably one of the poorest games I have seen for about 30 years. we used to be even worse than that in the 70's and 80's.

Barrow probably shaded it, but not by enough to win. But Christ we are poor.
Probably last time I saw your team was in 1969 at Eastville. You had a couple of good goalscorers then in Reg Jenkins and the impressive Tony Buck.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Any idea how much they put in to it? Definitely makes a big difference, guessing it wont be recouped in overall sales but still just adds a lot to the experience I feel like.
No exact figures, but the owners son and board member Dave Travis is very much the brains behind it as streaming falls heavily into his line of work, so he has the know how on how to make it a better product.

They've been pushing the streaming coverage since the covid season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rednwhite socks

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!