2017/18 National League North

TheMinsterman

Reaction score
Supports
York City & Italy
Another words he's still got all his finger's in the pies. When clearly he should have just walked when he resigned.

Yeah, essentially. It's incredibly unlikely he is going anywhere, which is why as much as we're all programmed to focus on the on-field stuff and in a normal world yeah we should want MG to be got rid of, ultimately the rot is above him and is much more pressingly in need of solving because it won't matter who is brought in to replace him as long as McGill and co run the show. He's proven incapable of making rational decisions on the playing side.

KHFC_Shaun

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
I'm confident a full strength Harriers will win on Wednesday, our backline yesterday was very understrength and the result shouldn't really have any bearings on the result in the week.

BPA are a decent side though, impressed with their number 11 and 10.

I'm praying we can somehow fluke our way to promotion, I say fluke, because we don't travel well, and we obviously would likely have to get the better of 2 of the top 3 if we are to advance.
We do play some lovely stuff, and I think in recent weeks we have tried to adopt a new style of play which has caused an upturn in results. Hopefully Eustaces squad management will pay off.

Inactive

Reaction score
Supports
nobody
Highlights from Saturday's game between Leamington & Salford City

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
So lets get people's views about the play-offs..............Here is the first set of games, all one leg of course (Love the format of these play-offs)

Kidderminster Vs BPA
Stockport Vs Chorley

Who do people think will get through?? On paper this should be easy for both Kidderminster and Stockport, because Chorley and BPA have been nothing but average large chunks of the season, but play-offs NEVER always go that way.

So how do people see both games going???

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
I am personally hoping Brackley do it having done so well to have a big long cup run and get 3rd on a part-time budget, I think they may have grabbed championship but for cup run and the top two throwing bucketloads of cash as promotion......but they ain't here yet.

Agree with the Kiddy fans, i think probably Kidderminster should beat BPA, watched the highlights and really Kiddy could have finished BPA off long before they got two sloppy goals to win it............cannot see BPA here.

Other games more interesting because Chorley can dig in deep and defend and may well frustrate a full house at Stockport who 'if' they start to get annoyed and frustrated may get on teams back.........Stockport are the side who vs Curzon most impressed me this season, they were excellent, but their problem is sometimes waves of attacks leading to nothing then slackness at the back, something which they have tightened up of late and need to carry on here.

Problem for these 4 clubs may be next games i don't see any of them going to either Harrogate or Brackley and winning........but i think i am going for Kidderminster and Chorley here. (although if that does happen my consolation for Stockport fans is i think next years title will be yours)

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Just to mention Big Dave that "nothing but average " Chorley have beaten Salford and Kiddie and Brackley and drawn at Stockport away, distinctly average this season!
Think the games could go either way though, like you,I like the one off games. Come on Chorley!

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Tbf when you beat us at Aggborough our team was very different I mean we had Liam Daly and Tyrone Williams at cb with Cieron Keane at lb, none of those players are even at the club anymore. But you're a bogey side for us and would prefer Stockport to knock both you and Harrogate out. We know we can beat Stockport at home if it comes to it.

For our game questions will have to asked of Eustace if we fail to beat BPA. It'll be twice we'll have gone into the playoffs and underperformed and that has to go down to the manager then.

If we get through I'd be feeling a bit more confident about Brackley than I would've a month ago they seemed to have hit some bad form recently so hopefully we can take advantage.

DOLF87

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
Brackley's budget might be 'part time' but it doesn't mean it's small. It's a top 5 budget for the league and will dwarf the full time budget of Nuneaton.
I'm hoping we don't end up with BPA in the final, if we get there. I can see them turning us over 2 weeks ago, coming back to haunt Town. . . And with a 22 point gap, that would be heart breaking. :sad:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Just to mention Big Dave that "nothing but average " Chorley have beaten Salford and Kiddie and Brackley and drawn at Stockport away, distinctly average this season!
Think the games could go either way though, like you,I like the one off games. Come on Chorley!

Last season we beat Fylde, Halifax and your lot, plus we’re 3-0 up vs Wimbledon, but were still average at best.......just had a side able to deliver in one offs.

Not trying to mean offence, but still feel 6th and 7th is too much in a 22 team division........large chunks of your fan base have wanted Jansen sacked all season for very poor performance, yet here you are 3 wins off promotion.

But you make an excellent point that you are able ‘on the day’ to beat anyone and that gives you every chance in this and why I think you will get past stockport

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Hereford likely to be in the NLN or NLS?

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Brackley's budget might be 'part time' but it doesn't mean it's small. It's a top 5 budget for the league and will dwarf the full time budget of Nuneaton.
I'm hoping we don't end up with BPA in the final, if we get there. I can see them turning us over 2 weeks ago, coming back to haunt Town. . . And with a 22 point gap, that would be heart breaking. :sad:
How do you know what Brackley's budget is?

I have no idea, nor does anyone else I know. I can speculate, but I certainly don't know it is a top 5 budget or a mid range budget, or whether it is more or less than Nuneaton's, let alone 'dwarfs' it.

Coming 3rd in a division with half a dozen full time sides in it, and with a limited squad (beyond the 'first 13' there's not much to it), to me isn't half bad. Until April we've played some great football too, although I'm fearful we've hit our worst form of the season at a rather bad time...

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Hereford likely to be in the NLN or NLS?
North. They are north of Brackley. If Kettering or King's Lynn come up from the Southern league playoffs Brackley will head to Conf South. If it's Weymouth or Slough, we'll stay North. Don't like being in this position on the cusp of being moved around depending on other results. of course we might get promoted... but we need to rediscover our best form quickly.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Last season we beat Fylde, Halifax and your lot, plus we’re 3-0 up vs Wimbledon, but were still average at best.......just had a side able to deliver in one offs.

Not trying to mean offence, but still feel 6th and 7th is too much in a 22 team division........large chunks of your fan base have wanted Jansen sacked all season for very poor performance, yet here you are 3 wins off promotion.

But you make an excellent point that you are able ‘on the day’ to beat anyone and that gives you every chance in this and why I think you will get past stockport
Of the teams in the Play offs we are unbeaten against Brackley, Kidderminster, Stockport, Bradford, lost narrowly at home to Salford and thumped them away, just Harrogate who have truly done us over this season, not bad for average!

DOLF87

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
How do you know what Brackley's budget is?

I have no idea, nor does anyone else I know. I can speculate, but I certainly don't know it is a top 5 budget or a mid range budget, or whether it is more or less than Nuneaton's, let alone 'dwarfs' it.

Coming 3rd in a division with half a dozen full time sides in it, and with a limited squad (beyond the 'first 13' there's not much to it), to me isn't half bad. Until April we've played some great football too, although I'm fearful we've hit our worst form of the season at a rather bad time...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement. .

No, i Don't know and I could make the same claim about Harrogate, but It seems unlikely its even a mid table budget. Based on the names in your squad, the fact you have a sugar daddy and rumor. . An Article on Nuneaton have suggested that their budget is very small for a full time club.
Top 8 for sure.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement. .

No, i Don't know and I could make the same claim about Harrogate, but It seems unlikely its even a mid table budget. Based on the names in your squad, the fact you have a sugar daddy and rumor. . An Article on Nuneaton have suggested that their budget is very small for a full time club.
Top 8 for sure.

Much of the squad came from Solihull - some when they weren't getting a game there. They mostly seemed to have chosen Brackley over maybe Telford, Tamworth or Nuneaton because they'd worked with the manager before and liked him. Others are cast offs - Lee Ndlovu our regular striker was released by Ilkeston, others came from Corby Town, Worcester or prison! Aaron Williams is the exception, and clearly someone found some money for his wages from somewhere. The pool of clubs Midlands players at this level can sign for however is more limited than in Yorkshire / Lancashire way.

I don't doubt the wages overall must be competitive else the players would move on, but whether they are average for the league or at the top end I have no idea. We have a chairman who's boss of the board at the COOP - he's got plenty of money but I don't think he's either mega rich nor a man to shell out a lot of money incautiously. I don't for a moment think Brackley would be where they are now without his money, but I how much of our success is budget and how much is good management I don't know. Macclesfield showed what you can do with a good management and team spirit...

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Southport needing yet another manager

With them taking the Curzon chief exec a while ago I could see them trying for Flanagan, but I’d personally not touch that job with a barge pole if I were him.

He’s a manager who would need time............you don’t get more than 4 months at Southport before their ‘expectations’ kick in

Solihull Mooron

Reaction score
Supports
Solihull Moors
Much of the squad came from Solihull - some when they weren't getting a game there. They mostly seemed to have chosen Brackley over maybe Telford, Tamworth or Nuneaton because they'd worked with the manager before and liked him. Others are cast offs - Lee Ndlovu our regular striker was released by Ilkeston, others came from Corby Town, Worcester or prison! Aaron Williams is the exception, and clearly someone found some money for his wages from somewhere. The pool of clubs Midlands players at this level can sign for however is more limited than in Yorkshire / Lancashire way.

I don't doubt the wages overall must be competitive else the players would move on, but whether they are average for the league or at the top end I have no idea. We have a chairman who's boss of the board at the COOP - he's got plenty of money but I don't think he's either mega rich nor a man to shell out a lot of money incautiously. I don't for a moment think Brackley would be where they are now without his money, but I how much of our success is budget and how much is good management I don't know. Macclesfield showed what you can do with a good management and team spirit...
Brackley are offering good money. We wanted to keep Jack Byrne in the summer but he could get more money at Brackley than at the Moors. Armson, Dean, Walker, Brown and Lewis were all part of Title winning side as well. So I'd imagine Brackley is top 5.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
How on earth are BPA 16/5 to beat Kiddy? I’m absolutely astonished

Tafkat

Reaction score
Supports
York City
North. They are north of Brackley. If Kettering or King's Lynn come up from the Southern league playoffs Brackley will head to Conf South. If it's Weymouth or Slough, we'll stay North. Don't like being in this position on the cusp of being moved around depending on other results. of course we might get promoted... but we need to rediscover our best form quickly.

Really. Speaking to your Secretary on Friday night and he said you was just north of Hereford (yes i did a weekend in Brackley).

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Really. Speaking to your Secretary on Friday night and he said you was just north of Hereford (yes i did a weekend in Brackley).
He's wrong I'm sure.
A weekend in Brackley.... once you've exhausted the delights of erm... Tescos, the artificial lake etc did a weekend seem a long time.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Halifax had 7,920 in the final last season, don't think we'll break that on Weds

I don't see why not, they'll be well over 8,000 i would imagine with Chorley surely selling their allocation of tickets. Chorley to Stockport can't be all that far away for the travelling contingent.

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
He's wrong I'm sure.
A weekend in Brackley.... once you've exhausted the delights of erm... Tescos, the artificial lake etc did a weekend seem a long time.
It looks fairly marginal to me. Though I wouldn't have thought it's just a split based upon latitude, but probably travel to the more predominantly south east based teams may tip it in favour of Brackley moving south over Hereford if it comes to it.

1525123758314.png

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
I don't see why not, they'll be well over 8,000 i would imagine with Chorley surely selling their allocation of tickets. Chorley to Stockport can't be all that far away for the travelling contingent.
They had 300 here earlier in the season, and have apparently sold 600 (1,500 allocated). Don't think they'll sell out.

We've sold 3,600 and you can buy tickets on the day (but not pay on the gate), most regulars will have bought theirs' already, all in all I think it'll be about 6,500-7,000 (bearing in mind we only went above 6,000 last weekend due to a school ticket initiative thing)

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I give you an Alfreton all star 2017/18 National League North DOGSHIT XI

Manager - John McDermott
Goalkeeper - Mason Sprinthorpe (Played one pre season game. Dog Shit. Loaned to Sutton Coldfield. Without a club since September.

Right back - Alex Cover (Young kid signed on loan from Derby. Horribly out of his depth. Exposed at home to Boston. Conceded two penalties in the first 15 minutes. Hauled off at HT and sent back to Derby.
Centre Half - Elliott Green - Strange signing on loan from Guiseley. Not played all season. Recovering from a long term injury and boy did it show. Absolute carcrash. Think his career is over.
Ben Clappison - Brought in by McDermott to play one game due to injuries. Awful. At fault for all three goals in a home loss to Bradford PA. Played the rest of the season at North Ferriby.
Left Back - Jordan Snodin. Made one sub appearance early in the season. Now at Selby Town in the Northern Counties East League First Divison.
Midfield - Billy Whitehouse. Signed because a couple goals against poor Step 5 opposition. Played on the opening day. Shit. Now at Tadcaster Albion at Step 4.
Midfield - Ryan Jennings. Managed one goal all season against Leamington in over 30 appearances. Awful attitude. Dont want to see him in an Alfreton shirt again.
Midfield - Kegan Everington. Not good enough. Cost us the game at FC United with an abysmal display. Had a loan spell at Step 4 Brighouse Town. Another for the scrap heap.
Midfield - Adam Smith. Mr TK Maxx himself. Poor attitude. Not able to keep himself fit. Now at Bradford PA. Not sure how he continues to get clubs at this level
Striker - Malachi Lavelle Moore. Looked totally lost at home to Southport. Hauled off and sent out on loan to Sutton Coldfield. never seen again. Now playing at Ilkeston at Step 6.
Striker - Nabil Shariff. Scored a couple for Rushden against our hapless defence. So we signed him up. Awful. Poor attitude. Chased shadows away at Salford. Binned out to St Neots in the Southern Premier.

Fucking hell. We really have had some rubbish this season. :ffs::ffs:

Good grief DSL! I see McDermott clearly had an eye for talent :eyes: either that or he liked house-warming parties.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
It looks fairly marginal to me. Though I wouldn't have thought it's just a split based upon latitude, but probably travel to the more predominantly south east based teams may tip it in favour of Brackley moving south over Hereford if it comes to it.

View attachment 8234
I think it must be done just by latitude - based on the Lowestoft case a few years back.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
They had 300 here earlier in the season, and have apparently sold 600 (1,500 allocated). Don't think they'll sell out.

We've sold 3,600 and you can buy tickets on the day (but not pay on the gate), most regulars will have bought theirs' already, all in all I think it'll be about 6,500-7,000 (bearing in mind we only went above 6,000 last weekend due to a school ticket initiative thing)

Surely they should sell their allocation for such an important fixture, well i would of thought so? Fair point i didn't know about the school ticket initiative thing. I better take back the 8,000 figure that i quoted. I still think it's gunna be a close call with that Halifax attendance record.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
To be promoted with Bet 365 - Book Closes 2 May 19:45

Harrogate Town 6/5
Brackley Town 9/4
Kidderminster Harriers 7/1
Stockport County 8/1
Chorley 12/1
Bradford Park Avenue 20/1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!