You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

2020/21 League 2 New Kits and Face Masks

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Really like the Bradford home kit.

Those Port Vale kits are horrific.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Really like the Bradford home kit.

Those Port Vale kits are horrific.

On this kit Robbie only had a black and white canvas.... the away kit when he has colours to play with could be something else!

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
Anyone know who designed Port Vale's kit?

Sergio Tacchini.

Ee39JO_WkAIykm7

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
That Oldham black one is class. Southend's away one is nice but not as good as the home shirt. Crawley's average and I think Newport's away one is growing on me.

Not a fan of Bradford's away effort at all, though that Robbie Willams shirt is on another level entirely. Give it one or two years and it'll be on all those 20 worst football shirts of all time lists. Truly horrific.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The shirt is selling fast, apparently fasting selling in the first two days we’ve had... even made national press in today’s paper!

It’s got people talking that’s for sure.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
That Vale kit...

jesus wept

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
The shirt is selling fast, apparently fasting selling in the first two days we’ve had... even made national press in today’s paper!

It’s got people talking that’s for sure.

I'm thinking that is what the club was hoping for when they rubber stamped that design; well some say there's no such thing as bad publicity right? If so, then they have certainly succeeded in doing just that.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Bolton's new home shirt.

1596994683221.png

Last edited:

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Cracking kit from Port Vale that. Best in league 2 by a country mile!
Perhaps Half Man Half Biscuit can design us one next season.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Cracking kit from Port Vale that. Best in league 2 by a country mile!
Perhaps Half Man Half Biscuit can design us one next season.
Inspired by a dukla prague away shirt

Our new kit is fantastic, i don't usually get them but ive ordered one this time round.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
Our squad numbers based on the footage and photographs of today's friendly

1 - Magnus Norman (GK)
2 - George Tanner (RB)
3 - Nick Anderton (LB)
4 - Danny Devine (MF)
5 - Max Hunt (CB)
6 - Aaron Hayden (CB)
7 - Joe Riley (MF)
8 - Callum Guy (MF)
9 - Lewis Alessandra (FW)
10 - Gavin Reilly (FW)
11 - Omari Patrick (FW)
12 - Jon Mellish (MF)
13 - Rod McDonald (CB)
14 - Joshua Kayode (FW)
15 - Taylor Charters (MF)
16 - Brennan Dickenson (MF)
22 - Charlie Barnes (RB)
23 - Charlie Birch (LB)
25 - Jamie Armstrong (MF)
26 - Liam Lightfoot (CB)

Looks like Jon Mellish was playing as a midfielder, which he started to do and was praised for towards the end of last season. If he's now wearing the number 12 shirt then that seems to me like an indication that he's being viewed as primarily a midfielder. It's not a very 'defenderish' number.

Similarly hard to tell where Joe Riley was played from the times he crops up but him wearing the number 7 shirt makes it seem like he was played as a winger or wing-back rather than as a full-back.

Aaron Hayden didn't play and can't be seen in any of the photos but imagine he'll be keeping the number 6 shirt, likewise with Jack Armer so no idea what shirt number he has. Josh Dixon I'm guessing will still have the number 18 shirt but after missing the whole of last season through injury he still isn't in the picture.

Magnus Norman played in goal second half but his number can't be made out so he might have the number 1 shirt, but also might not.

UPDATED following Gateshead friendly

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
That Vale kit...

jesus wept

Not sure where to stand on the Vale kit, it's got the makings of a classic but it sure ain't easy on the eyes. Maybe if the checks didn't all converge on an unsettling point it would be better. Of couse if Port Vale do go up this year then it's an instant classic isn't it?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Not sure where to stand on the Vale kit, it's got the makings of a classic but it sure ain't easy on the eyes. Maybe if the checks didn't all converge on an unsettling point it would be better. Of couse if Port Vale do go up this year then it's an instant classic isn't it?

It’s not for me personally as I’m a bit of a traditionalist and would rather plain white shirt with black shorts. The angles just look weird. With that said from what have seen from others it looks a lot better in the flesh than on the photos.

I hope the away top is more traditional.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’s not for me personally as I’m a bit of a traditionalist and would rather plain white shirt with black shorts. The angles just look weird. With that said from what have seen from others it looks a lot better in the flesh than on the photos.

I hope the away top is more traditional.

Looks good in the flesh, many who were raging Friday have warmed to it by the looks of it...

Love the fact we’ve done matching face masks too!

Leggey looks scary there!

Attachments

• B051F689-20E3-411E-A305-529EDCEB7B9B.jpeg
    B051F689-20E3-411E-A305-529EDCEB7B9B.jpeg
    715.5 KB · Views: 55

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Looks good in the flesh, many who were raging Friday have warmed to it by the looks of it...

Love the fact we’ve done matching face masks too!

Leggey looks scary there!
Have they got an epilepsy warning with that photo?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Have they got an epilepsy warning with that photo?

Legge has epilepsy unfortunately so guess it can’t be causing to many issues! There was some suggestion it may enhance the shoulders and chest of the Vale players in appearance on one of these kit review pages mind, that point just enhancing most fans beer bellies!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Legge has epilepsy unfortunately so guess it can’t be causing to many issues! There was some suggestion it may enhance the shoulders and chest of the Vale players in appearance on one of these kit review pages mind, that point just enhancing most fans beer bellies!

Aye, if nowt else should fuck up the eyesight of all teams visiting VP next season looking at it so that’s a tick in the box also.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
If he's now wearing the number 12 shirt then that seems to me like an indication that he's being viewed as primarily a midfielder.

Number 12 never looks right on the back of a shirt for me. 1-11 and then start again with a keeper at 13.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Just unveiled our shit effort. Don’t get why we’ve got half solid red and half stripes at the bottom....
174A8CDB-0951-4BEA-9A0B-E311E6C447C0.jpeg

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Just unveiled our shit effort. Don’t get why we’ve got half solid red and half stripes at the bottom....View attachment 12978

I like it. It's not that easy to come up with a new shirt design when sticking with stripes all the time.

1597252411273.png

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Yeah, I don't mind that Exeter kit to be fair.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
I like it. It's not that easy to come up with a new shirt design when sticking with stripes all the time.

View attachment 12979
You’re right, it’s not easy to come up with a new stripe design, but to me it looks confused. I’d have liked us to go solid red for a complete change (We did used to wear that some time ago) the small stripes just look odd in my opinion, but maybe it will grow on me in time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill55bill