2020/21 League 2 New Kits and Face Masks

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Nice top that Newport one, Vale colours too!

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Crawley's new kit is red and white. Same as ever.

1596318829011.png

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
I thought with this third kit being a "special edition", it was gonna be a super retro recreation of a classic kit, but no. It's nice enough though.

From a staff member's twitter account, these early sketches from the fan consultation design phase show a "blue Ajax" was under consideration at one point. I'd have preferred it to the, admittedly smart, blue home kit we ended up with. The other one, a combo of two early 90s kits, not so much.

1596471589084.png

1596471795609.png

Last edited:

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Gotta say, Oldham have got three great kits. Cambridge away and Southend home otherwise my favourites, I think.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Gotta say, Oldham have got three great kits. Cambridge away and Southend home otherwise my favourites, I think.
FGR aren't you? What do you reckon of ours? Black and white stripes man myself and haven't bought a shirt in years since the change, but tbf these seem pretty popular, apparently sold quite a few already. I know a couple of people who haven't bought a shirt in a while that have gone for it with this one.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
FGR aren't you? What do you reckon of ours? Black and white stripes man myself and haven't bought a shirt in years since the change, but tbf these seem pretty popular, apparently sold quite a few already. I know a couple of people who haven't bought a shirt in a while that have gone for it with this one.
Yep, another one of us:) I like the shirt a lot - got mine on Saturday. A bit less aesthetically pleasing than last year's away kit, maybe - or at any rate a bit busier on the eye . But it's great to have traditional colours back (even the badge is only black and white).

I'm not that keen on the home kit - almost too much is going on there, but with white replacing that shade of green, I think it works really well.

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
No sign of our away kit yet. As has become the norm over the last few years the colours are chosed by a vote of supporters club members but that and the design is kept under wraps until the release. Just hope it is better than the God awful home, straight out of the Puma catalogue, kit. The only saving grace of that is that we have gone back to white shorts. The owner has said this is the last season of Puma and we are getting bespoke strips after this. The club has been holding a competition to design a season 21/22 home kit with a vote to decide the best one so hopefully we might get something decent then.

Luke Imp

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Like London buses, our shirts. We've had the odd decent one down the years but we've ended up with two really good ones this season IMO.

I'm hoping the third kit isn't as good because I don't really want to be buying three shirts. I haven't bought one for a good 15 years or so but these two have changed my mind.

1596704225207.png

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Like London buses, our shirts. We've had the odd decent one down the years but we've ended up with two really good ones this season IMO.

I'm hoping the third kit isn't as good because I don't really want to be buying three shirts. I haven't bought one for a good 15 years or so but these two have changed my mind.

View attachment 12946
does look good that one

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Those ITK ahead of our launch tomorrow suggest our kit is "very different" and may divide opinion...

Very intrigued now... guessing the standard White shirt black shorts may be out the window!

Hedonist Puncture

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Hello there everyone.

I like Scunny's third kit best of all, as the white shirts remind me of our best years. The black away kit is something I do not not like, but I think we were promoted the last time we had a black kit. Correct me, if I'm wrong Don. The speckled colours remind of the "Pleasure Island" shirt we had many years ago. This season's black shirt looks like they started out as plain black and were then worn while painting up the seats for the new season. Why we cannot play in green (an original colour of ours) and yellow or better still gold I have no idea. The civic crest was a long time green and gold. The home shirt is slightly retro and keeps to our traditional playing colours. It will suit most, but I'm not a fan. I haven't seen the goalie colours yet, but hope we get an orange kit. Playing to my Dutch heritage. :)

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Hello there everyone.

I like Scunny's third kit best of all, as the white shirts remind me of our best years. The black away kit is something I do not not like, but I think we were promoted the last time we had a black kit. Correct me, if I'm wrong Don. The speckled colours remind of the "Pleasure Island" shirt we had many years ago. This season's black shirt looks like they started out as plain black and were then worn while painting up the seats for the new season. Why we cannot play in green (an original colour of ours) and yellow or better still gold I have no idea. The civic crest was a long time green and gold. The home shirt is slightly retro and keeps to our traditional playing colours. It will suit most, but I'm not a fan. I haven't seen the goalie colours yet, but hope we get an orange kit. Playing to my Dutch heritage. :)
Nah last time we had a black away kit we finished mid table in L1 under Alan Knill, time before that we did win league 1 though.

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
D day tomorrow. Terrible feeling that our run of very decent kits is going to come to a train crashing end. Hopefully just the 3rd strip and not the home one.

At least one, though, will be sponsored by.....Robbie Williams.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
D day tomorrow. Terrible feeling that our run of very decent kits is going to come to a train crashing end. Hopefully just the 3rd strip and not the home one.

At least one, though, will be sponsored by.....Robbie Williams.
The Away one is apparently nice but the home and third "divisive" from those that have seen it...

Im wondering if we are going to try hoops or something

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Is the shirt just going to say 'Robbie' on it or is he plugging a new venture or Farrell or something?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Is the shirt just going to say 'Robbie' on it or is he plugging a new venture or Farrell or something?
No one knows until tomorrow.

The Errea tweet has RW in a circle (his logo) but it may be that he is using the shirt for his charities as a sponsor instead.

I am very intrigued but no doubt however it looks il be there Saturday picking one up! He may well be involved in the launch tomorrow. He did the team talk v Mansfield in the paint pot and was there a few times last season (Swindon, Macc) ahead of the concert now re-arranged so its great to see him getting involved with the club again.

When he was in Take That, he would often wear a Vale shirt and the shirt sales would shoot up so may be good financially for us.

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
I don’t recall another team having a kit like our home one
I’m not going to give it away by saying what it is but my first thought was it could split fan options on it because it’s so different to the norm. In fact I’d say no one would be able to guess what they’d come up with.
From someone who's seen it is a scary concept when football tops have been worn for over 130 fucking years.

At this point I'm expecting it to be full on acid trip lunacy. Some mental 90s David Seaman tie dye effort with the mesh vent holes under the arms replaced by thousands of Robbie Williams faces.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
From someone who's seen it is a scary concept when football tops have been worn for over 130 fucking years.

At this point I'm expecting it to be full on acid trip lunacy. Some mental 90s David Seaman tie dye effort with the mesh vent holes under the arms replaced by thousands of Robbie Williams faces.
A am a little nervous what today will bring! Can’t see Carol changing the colours all Tan at Cardiff style, so is it some weird pattern?!

Even the reveal is meant to be “different” whatever that means! Maybe Robbie wearing it singing the wonder of you or something!

I did wonder if maybe we’ve gone Boavista?! Black and white chess board.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
A am a little nervous what today will bring! Can’t see Carol changing the colours all Tan at Cardiff style, so is it some weird pattern?!

Even the reveal is meant to be “different” whatever that means! Maybe Robbie wearing it singing the wonder of you or something!

I did wonder if maybe we’ve gone Boavista?! Black and white chess board.
black and white chess board with faces of Robbie Williams in place of chess pieces on some of the squares?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Teaser from the side shows its mostly White with Black shorts as standard (thats relegation off the table as that when we have white shorts!)

Sponsor on back of shorts and shirt is visible (staffs uni on shirt)

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
Our “Barcelona-esque” away kit is set to be released at 6pm.

- bet you can barely contain yourselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdultWhosy