You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

2020/21 National League North

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
But in hindsight you know he was no good , right? You sound unsure.
Yes of course, but I despised Mad Terry more. He only wanted to use the club for his own narcissistic needs. And ultimately his own ego took us out of the League after 72 years. It should never have happened. We've never really recovered from that.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Yes of course, but I despised Mad Terry more. He only wanted to use the club for his own narcissistic needs. And ultimately his own ego took us out of the League after 72 years. It should never have happened. We've never really recovered from that.

Who do Chester fans generally think was worse, Vaughan or Smith? I have no doubt Vaughan is a worse human being, but Smith sounded clueless and deranged in equal measure from everything I've read.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Who do Chester fans generally think was worse, Vaughan or Smith? I have no doubt Vaughan is a worse human being, but Smith sounded clueless and deranged in equal measure from everything I've read.
Smith was a complete nut job and did damage us but Vaughan is a cancer who starts with a heathy football club but infects it by laundering his drug money through the club, taking more money out than he puts in then eventually the club dies and he moves on to another victim. So no comparison for me without Vaughan I believe we could have got back and been in a much better position to keep our place in the football league.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Smith was a complete nut job and did damage us but Vaughan is a cancer who starts with a heathy football club but infects it by laundering his drug money through the club, taking more money out than he puts in then eventually the club dies and he moves on to another victim. So no comparison for me without Vaughan I believe we could have got back and been in a much better position to keep our place in the football league.
Started with a healthy club? We were about to be relegated inti the Northern Premier League and the crowds were down to 250. Also Mad Terry's right hand man (forget his name) came out and threatened kids who were protesting outside the club confines. They'd already been threatened to move off the club property.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Chester fans weren't protesting when his drug money financed the return to the EFL.

Were you at Hereford? He was lauded like a God.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I remember when Gerald Smith (the mad one's dad) turned up at the club. My first thought that he was coming to reign Coco in, but he was even madder.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Chester fans weren't protesting when his drug money financed the return to the EFL.

Not by me I think we all knew he had a nasty side if someone crossed him but it wasn’t until the minutes silence for one of our so called benefactors from Liverpool who turned out to be a well known drug barron And friend of Curtis Warran.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Not by me I think we all knew he had a nasty side if someone crossed him but it wasn’t until the minutes silence for one of our so called benefactors from Liverpool who turned out to be a well known drug barron And friend of Curtis Warran.
I was working the day that happened and only read about it.

Presumably that was when the money began to dry up.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

*Bangor

Also they had involvements with Droylsden and Widnes. And then Floriana and now Mosta in Malta. Theyve been shirt sponsors at Hibs as well.
I suppose the Vaughans are a bit different because they don't asset strip as such, the club is just used as a front.

Definitely people who shouldn't be near a football club.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
*Bangor

Also they had involvements with Droylsden and Widnes. And then Floriana and now Mosta in Malta. Theyve been shirt sponsors at Hibs as well.
I suppose the Vaughans are a bit different because they don't asset strip as such, the club is just used as a front.

Definitely people who shouldn't be near a football club.
Sorry I used the English spelling:hypo:

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We've resigned Luke Simpson for next season. Really pleased with that, up their with one of the best keepers in the league.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
We've resigned Luke Simpson for next season. Really pleased with that, up their with one of the best keepers in the league.
I thought if he was resigning that would be his decision?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fedmonds