2020/21 National League North

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
But in hindsight you know he was no good , right? You sound unsure.
Yes of course, but I despised Mad Terry more. He only wanted to use the club for his own narcissistic needs. And ultimately his own ego took us out of the League after 72 years. It should never have happened. We've never really recovered from that.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Yes of course, but I despised Mad Terry more. He only wanted to use the club for his own narcissistic needs. And ultimately his own ego took us out of the League after 72 years. It should never have happened. We've never really recovered from that.

Who do Chester fans generally think was worse, Vaughan or Smith? I have no doubt Vaughan is a worse human being, but Smith sounded clueless and deranged in equal measure from everything I've read.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Who do Chester fans generally think was worse, Vaughan or Smith? I have no doubt Vaughan is a worse human being, but Smith sounded clueless and deranged in equal measure from everything I've read.
Smith was a complete nut job and did damage us but Vaughan is a cancer who starts with a heathy football club but infects it by laundering his drug money through the club, taking more money out than he puts in then eventually the club dies and he moves on to another victim. So no comparison for me without Vaughan I believe we could have got back and been in a much better position to keep our place in the football league.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Smith was a complete nut job and did damage us but Vaughan is a cancer who starts with a heathy football club but infects it by laundering his drug money through the club, taking more money out than he puts in then eventually the club dies and he moves on to another victim. So no comparison for me without Vaughan I believe we could have got back and been in a much better position to keep our place in the football league.
Started with a healthy club? We were about to be relegated inti the Northern Premier League and the crowds were down to 250. Also Mad Terry's right hand man (forget his name) came out and threatened kids who were protesting outside the club confines. They'd already been threatened to move off the club property.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Chester fans weren't protesting when his drug money financed the return to the EFL.

Were you at Hereford? He was lauded like a God.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I remember when Gerald Smith (the mad one's dad) turned up at the club. My first thought that he was coming to reign Coco in, but he was even madder.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Chester fans weren't protesting when his drug money financed the return to the EFL.

Not by me I think we all knew he had a nasty side if someone crossed him but it wasn’t until the minutes silence for one of our so called benefactors from Liverpool who turned out to be a well known drug barron And friend of Curtis Warran.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Not by me I think we all knew he had a nasty side if someone crossed him but it wasn’t until the minutes silence for one of our so called benefactors from Liverpool who turned out to be a well known drug barron And friend of Curtis Warran.
I was working the day that happened and only read about it.

Presumably that was when the money began to dry up.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

*Bangor

Also they had involvements with Droylsden and Widnes. And then Floriana and now Mosta in Malta. Theyve been shirt sponsors at Hibs as well.
I suppose the Vaughans are a bit different because they don't asset strip as such, the club is just used as a front.

Definitely people who shouldn't be near a football club.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
*Bangor

Also they had involvements with Droylsden and Widnes. And then Floriana and now Mosta in Malta. Theyve been shirt sponsors at Hibs as well.
I suppose the Vaughans are a bit different because they don't asset strip as such, the club is just used as a front.

Definitely people who shouldn't be near a football club.
Sorry I used the English spelling:hypo:

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We've resigned Luke Simpson for next season. Really pleased with that, up their with one of the best keepers in the league.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
We've resigned Luke Simpson for next season. Really pleased with that, up their with one of the best keepers in the league.
I thought if he was resigning that would be his decision?

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We've announced our retained list

So our squad for next season

GK
Luke Simpson - probably one of the best keepers at this level
Tom Palmer - Decent backup and probably cheap option having come through the academy

Defenders
Alex Penny - Decent RB at this level
Caleb Richards - Hard to judge from just streams but he's seems solid enough
Cliff Moyo - Really good CB pleased we've kept him
Keith Lowe - Probably coming to the end of his career, hopefully will just be a backup but deserves a send off with fans in the ground

Midfielders
Lewis Montrose - really solid cdm
Keziah Martin - probably a cheap backup

Attackers
Sterling-James - Really good winger, slightly surprised he's staying as he's definitely good enough for national league
Hemmings - very good winger, can go missing at times but he's definitely a key players
Sam Austin - POTY last season for us easily. Finally found his role as a 10
Amari Morgan-Smith - awful season last season 2 red cards, 1 for abusive language meaning he's still missing the start of next season. Fans will probably be on his back from his first game back so he needs to improve quickly
Ethan Freemantle - very good backup striker
Jaden White - this needs to be his season he makes an impact he's been on the edge of the first team for 2 years now

Released players
Jim Kellerman - he should be good enough for anyone at this level but his injury record goes against him and he got a stupid red card for us
Koby Arthur - would've liked to have kept him
Alex Prosser - looked really good at the end of the 19/20 season but never kicked on last season
Luke Maxwell - wants to go part time apparently would still do a job for any midland team at this level.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Our state of play:

Retained

GK: Louis Gray

Defenders: Danny Livesey, Simon Grand, Kevin Roberts, Jamie Morgan, Harrison Burke (Youth)

Midfielders: George Glendon, Declan Weeks, Luke Clark, John Johnston, Drew Lowe (Youth)

Forwards: Anthony Dudley, George Waring, Lloyd Marsh-Hughes

In: Jude Oyibo (Curzon), Dan Cowan (Curzon)
Out: Will Goodwin (Stoke), Brad Jackson (Alty), Danny Elliott (Hartlepool), Matty Hughes (Stalybridge), Josh Askew, Brad Bauress, Gary Roberts
TBC: Paddy Lacey - Ended last season with a serious injury, will probably be offered a new deal if proves fitness.

We've lost three forwards in Elliott, Goodwin & Hughes so that's the area we need to strengthen.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Departures
Adam Campbell (Gateshead)
Michael Liddle (Blyth Spartans)
Jordan Watson (Blyth Spartans)
Sean Reid (Blyth Spartans)
Dan Maguire (Blyth Spartans)
David Atkinson (Shildon)
Nicky Hunt (Released)
Johnny Saltmer (Released)

Only real loss in the above is Adam Campbell, pretty sure we would have offered him something but he wanted to be Full Time again so chose Gateshead which is fair enough. The rest are no real loss and a few have gone due to change in family / work situations since they joined us initially.

Awaiting confirmation
Erico Sousa
- Winger - We've offered him a contract but he's waiting to to see what full time offers he gets. Was brilliant in the 14 games he played for us last season. 7 goals and 3 or 4 assists in that time. He's Yorkshire based so wondering if York or Halifax might offer him something. If they do unfortunately I think we'll lose him.
Louis Laing - tore his ACL around January time. Had his surgery in April so imagine he'll be out for most of next season. Assume we'll offer him the chance to rehab with us.
Tony McMahon - is now running our U18's set up and taking more of a step back from first team football.
Omar Holness (Non-contract) - now living and working down near Bristol so would imagine he'll be leaving for a team in the NLS. Nice lad and good player on his day.
Theo Hudson (Non-contract) - barely saw any of him last season after a lot of fan fare from Leeds fans. Going to be given a chance in pre-season but get the impression that the manager doesn't think he's up to the rough and tumble of a full NLN season.

New signings
Kallum Griffiths
(Gateshead) - Solid RB for this level.
Junior Mondal (AFC Fylde) - FWD - Local lad needs a bit of game time. But played plenty for FGR in L2 a couple of years ago so get the feeling there's a player in there.
Tommy Taylor (Buxton) - GK - Plenty of games at NPL level and very well thought of by the likes of Scarborough. Has had trials at SPL clubs in recent years without making it stick. Will be happy if he's solid and unspectacular.
Lexus Beeden (Free agent) - CB - complete left field signing from Reading U23's. Lad looks a beast Physically so hopefully will solve some of the softness at the centre of our defence.
Joey Hope (Grimsby) - LB - local lad Released by Grimsby. Expect we'll sign a more experienced LB too but fingers crossed always nice to see a local lad do well.

Squad 21/22
Lexus Beeden
Luke Charman
Kallum Griffiths
Will Hatfield
Ben Hedley
Jamie Holmes
Joey Hope
Jarrett Rivers
Junior Mondal
Alex Storey
Tommy Taylor
Joe Wheatley

Still plenty of new signings to come over the rest of the summer. Having lost a fair few of last years squad I'd expect atleast 5 or 6 more.

Can I also just highlight that once again our fans have gone above and beyond raising an additional £135k towards the playing squad through the BtB scheme. Creditable mention to Chester fans who are also doing very well against their own total.

God I miss proper football, couple more months to kick off on the 14th August.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Departures
Adam Campbell (Gateshead)
Michael Liddle (Blyth Spartans)
Jordan Watson (Blyth Spartans)
Sean Reid (Blyth Spartans)
Dan Maguire (Blyth Spartans)
David Atkinson (Shildon)
Nicky Hunt (Released)
Johnny Saltmer (Released)

Only real loss in the above is Adam Campbell, pretty sure we would have offered him something but he wanted to be Full Time again so chose Gateshead which is fair enough. The rest are no real loss and a few have gone due to change in family / work situations since they joined us initially.

Awaiting confirmation
Erico Sousa
- Winger - We've offered him a contract but he's waiting to to see what full time offers he gets. Was brilliant in the 14 games he played for us last season. 7 goals and 3 or 4 assists in that time. He's Yorkshire based so wondering if York or Halifax might offer him something. If they do unfortunately I think we'll lose him.
Louis Laing - tore his ACL around January time. Had his surgery in April so imagine he'll be out for most of next season. Assume we'll offer him the chance to rehab with us.
Tony McMahon - is now running our U18's set up and taking more of a step back from first team football.
Omar Holness (Non-contract) - now living and working down near Bristol so would imagine he'll be leaving for a team in the NLS. Nice lad and good player on his day.
Theo Hudson (Non-contract) - barely saw any of him last season after a lot of fan fare from Leeds fans. Going to be given a chance in pre-season but get the impression that the manager doesn't think he's up to the rough and tumble of a full NLN season.

New signings
Kallum Griffiths
(Gateshead) - Solid RB for this level.
Junior Mondal (AFC Fylde) - FWD - Local lad needs a bit of game time. But played plenty for FGR in L2 a couple of years ago so get the feeling there's a player in there.
Tommy Taylor (Buxton) - GK - Plenty of games at NPL level and very well thought of by the likes of Scarborough. Has had trials at SPL clubs in recent years without making it stick. Will be happy if he's solid and unspectacular.
Lexus Beeden (Free agent) - CB - complete left field signing from Reading U23's. Lad looks a beast Physically so hopefully will solve some of the softness at the centre of our defence.
Joey Hope (Grimsby) - LB - local lad Released by Grimsby. Expect we'll sign a more experienced LB too but fingers crossed always nice to see a local lad do well.

Squad 21/22
Lexus Beeden
Luke Charman
Kallum Griffiths
Will Hatfield
Ben Hedley
Jamie Holmes
Joey Hope
Jarrett Rivers
Junior Mondal
Alex Storey
Tommy Taylor
Joe Wheatley

Still plenty of new signings to come over the rest of the summer. Having lost a fair few of last years squad I'd expect atleast 5 or 6 more.

Can I also just highlight that once again our fans have gone above and beyond raising an additional £135k towards the playing squad through the BtB scheme. Creditable mention to Chester fans who are also doing very well against their own total.

God I miss proper football, couple more months to kick off on the 14th August.
Response to this has been great, £79k in just a few weeks is incredible really. Did £115k last year and still got a lot of time for us to go well past the target hopefully.

You guys at Darlington set the standards though to be fair, great initiative. Glad we could follow suit.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
Response to this has been great, £79k in just a few weeks is incredible really. Did £115k last year and still got a lot of time for us to go well past the target hopefully.

You guys at Darlington set the standards though to be fair, great initiative. Glad we could follow suit.

Yeah incredible stuff that from your fans. Well done

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Id be extremely shocked if there are three worst teams than Alfreton next season.
Most managers know how to play Billy Heath. Retained 11 players from last season squad which finished second bottom
Tom Allan back for a third spell and looks to be a replacement for Toby Lees. He is not a proper centre back
Josh Wilde back for a second spell (zzzz.....Billy and his small pool of players because he has few contacts. (Fucking irritating)

Oh and its extremely stale with the same teams over again. My enthusiasm for next season is very low. Cant be arsed.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Id be extremely shocked if there are three worst teams than Alfreton next season.
Most managers know how to play Billy Heath. Retained 11 players from last season squad which finished second bottom
Tom Allan back for a third spell and looks to be a replacement for Toby Lees. He is not a proper centre back
Josh Wilde back for a second spell (zzzz.....Billy and his small pool of players because he has few contacts. (Fucking irritating)

Oh and its extremely stale with the same teams over again. My enthusiasm for next season is very low. Cant be arsed.
Can't believe he's still around tbh. Must be hard to get yourself excited for the season knowing exactly what's coming. He'll be out there as we speak, looking for more 6'0+ cloggers to elbow the opposition into submission. Your game vs Paul Cox and Kettering won't be one for the neutrals.

Always hard to know how people are shaping up so early in pre-season, but agree it could be a tough season for you. Bradford PA and Blyth seem to have found a bit more money down the back of the sofa recently which I'd imagine will have them at the very least competitive. Curzon were the other team least season who seemed to be on the end of a few pastings. But haven't seen who they've signed (if anyone) to get an impression if they'll have improved at all.

In other news I see Boston have brought in Shane Byrne from Brackley. Seems like a big signing. Will be strange to line up against Brackley and him not be in the side one of the likes of Dean and Armson who you expected to be there forever.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Can't believe he's still around tbh. Must be hard to get yourself excited for the season knowing exactly what's coming. He'll be out there as we speak, looking for more 6'0+ cloggers to elbow the opposition into submission. Your game vs Paul Cox and Kettering won't be one for the neutrals.

Always hard to know how people are shaping up so early in pre-season, but agree it could be a tough season for you. Bradford PA and Blyth seem to have found a bit more money down the back of the sofa recently which I'd imagine will have them at the very least competitive. Curzon were the other team least season who seemed to be on the end of a few pastings. But haven't seen who they've signed (if anyone) to get an impression if they'll have improved at all.

In other news I see Boston have brought in Shane Byrne from Brackley. Seems like a big signing. Will be strange to line up against Brackley and him not be in the side one of the likes of Dean and Armson who you expected to be there forever.
Ouch - Byrne hurts.

I can't blame him really since he knows exactly what he'll get at Brackley, another average start, then we'll catch up, then get overloaded with the number of games and a small squad, finish 3rd or 4th, and lose in the playoffs. We never improve, but usually don't get worse... however Byrne was one of our top 4 players and will be a real loss.

Ethan Coleman has gone too - another top 4 player, although not surprised as he was too good for Conference North... We've signed no-one new. Our season won't be as bad as Alfreton's by the sound of it, but it isn't looking good.

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Ouch - Byrne hurts.

I can't blame him really since he knows exactly what he'll get at Brackley, another average start, then we'll catch up, then get overloaded with the number of games and a small squad, finish 3rd or 4th, and lose in the playoffs. We never improve, but usually don't get worse... however Byrne was one of our top 4 players and will be a real loss.

Ethan Coleman has gone too - another top 4 player, although not surprised as he was too good for Conference North... We've signed no-one new. Our season won't be as bad as Alfreton's by the sound of it, but it isn't looking good.
Hard to be critical. At 28 Shane probably needed a last, big challenge. I actually thought he looked under par (by his own high standards) more often than not last season, maybe the move will kick start him. Six years at Brackley, a major contributor to some brilliant years, a big thanks and good luck up there in sunny Lincs, Shane. Except when you play BTFC, of course.

Key now that Kevin Wilkin finds a decent midfield creator as well as another CB and striker. Trust you are busy on that front, Kev?

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Hard to be critical. At 28 Shane probably needed a last, big challenge. I actually thought he looked under par (by his own high standards) more often than not last season, maybe the move will kick start him. Six years at Brackley, a major contributor to some brilliant years, a big thanks and good luck up there in sunny Lincs, Shane. Except when you play BTFC, of course.

Key now that Kevin Wilkin finds a decent midfield creator as well as another CB and striker. Trust you are busy on that front, Kev?
Jordan Cullinane-Lilard has re-signed - so that's our second CB - with Glenn Walker slotting in if either is injured. Agree with you that Shane hasn't been as good, I'd argue for the last 18 months, as he was before. But the 'new challenge' argument for me surely suggests he doesn't think Brackley is going anywhere. Definitely now need a midfielder with creativity. Interesting that Lee Ndlovu was the last to re-sign - suggesting perhaps he had a long hard think about his options first...

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Jordan Cullinane-Lilard has re-signed - so that's our second CB - with Glenn Walker slotting in if either is injured. Agree with you that Shane hasn't been as good, I'd argue for the last 18 months, as he was before. But the 'new challenge' argument for me surely suggests he doesn't think Brackley is going anywhere. Definitely now need a midfielder with creativity. Interesting that Lee Ndlovu was the last to re-sign - suggesting perhaps he had a long hard think about his options first...

Why has Lee Ndlovu never moved, he's always one of those players mentioned that conference and league clubs are looking at. Is he happy just playing regional football?

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Possibly right about Lee. I`ve felt over the last two (truncated) seasons that the Trophy winning team needed to get promoted or would begin to break up. That seems to be accelerating now, and I`d say it again, that this needs to be THE season. Squad not complete by any means yet, for me, definitely need to replace Shane and Ethan Coleman (seems his departure has taken the club by surprise), add a third striker and a utility FB/ defender.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Why has Lee Ndlovu never moved, he's always one of those players mentioned that conference and league clubs are looking at. Is he happy just playing regional football?

it could be he prefers part time. You get a few players could even play L2 level who hover down here simply because of having a better ‘other’ job.

And if that job is based to a local area clubs can keep us layers a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!