2021/22 Squads

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Macclesfield and Dover used to wait till about 4 days before the first game then sign a whole team.
I remember Aldershot doing that one season and they played us at Blundell Park first game with a quickly chucked together squad and we were lucky to equalise late on to get a 1-1 draw.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Often these squads that are quickly thrown together perform well for the first couple of games but they start to fall apart as soon as a player or two is lost to suspension or injury.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Our retained list is out.

Under contract:
Ruben Rodrigues
Calum Roberts
Kyle Wootton
Elisha Sam
Lewis Knight
Jake Reeves
Richard Brindley
Alex Lacey

Offered new deals:
Sam Slocombe
Tiernan Brooks
Connell Rawlinson
Adam Chicksen
Dion Kelly-Evans
Jim O’Brien

Offered assistant head coach role:
Michael Doyle

Released:
Enzio Boldewijn
Luke Pilling
Luke Steele
Ben Turner
Damien McCrory
Jordan Barnett

Expired loans:
Calvin Miller
Mark Ellis
Jimmy Knowles
Regan Griffiths

Two kind of surprises in there. Thought O’Brien might be released as he’s getting on, but has been very good under Burchnall and makes more sense if Doyle becomes assistant (will remain registered as a player but presumably play a lot less). Boldewijn the other, but I suspect we think we can use the big money that he’s on a lot more effectively.

Also said we’re hopeful of signing one of the returning loan players, which is presumably Calvin Miller. If he joins and everyone signs their offered contracts then that’d mean we go in with a squad of 15. About right, keeps together the core of a decent side with scope for five or six good additions. Focus on quality not quantity for us this summer.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Weren't Chesterfield rumoured to be interested in Boldewijn? from the little I've seen of him he looks good in flashes, but not really the sort of player you want to be spending large sums on.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Weren't Chesterfield rumoured to be interested in Boldewijn? from the little I've seen of him he looks good in flashes, but not really the sort of player you want to be spending large sums on.

One of their fans mentioned it. Conceivable, he seems settled in the area, but he’s talented enough that a League Two or even lower League One team might have a crack at him.

Pretty much as you described - he’s got everything to take the piss at this level really but you only see it once every five games. Lovely lad though and guarantees you five absolute screamers a season.

Raymondo316

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
Retained

Sam Corne
Joe Ellul
Gavin Hoyte
Dom Odusanya
Raphe Brown
Perri Iandolo (Academy)
Max Sutton (Academy)

Signed

Tom Hadler - Ebbsfleet
Joan Luque - Weymouth
Reece Grant - Ebbsfleet
Roarie Deacon - Havant
Jack Barham - Dartford
Tushaun Walters - Herne Bay
Jake Gallagher - Dorking
Regan Booty - Bradford Park Avenue

Gone

Kreshnic Krasniqi - Ebbsfleet
George Porter - Dartford
Saidou Khan - Dagenham??
Chris Lewington - Cray Valley
Justin Amaluzor - Motherwell
Ibrahim Olutade - Tonbridge
Charlie Seaman - returned to Doncaster
Scott Rendell
Ibby Akanbi
George Elokobi
Noah Chesmain
Ravan Constable
Christie Pattison
Zinhi Temelci
Jake Embery

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

Under contract:
Ruben Rodrigues
Calum Roberts
Kyle Wootton
Elisha Sam
Lewis Knight
Jake Reeves
Richard Brindley
Alex Lacey

Offered new deals:
Sam Slocombe
Tiernan Brooks
Connell Rawlinson
Adam Chicksen
Dion Kelly-Evans
Jim O’Brien

Michael Doyle

Released:
Enzio Boldewijn
Luke Pilling
Luke Steele
Ben Turner
Damien McCrory
Jordan Barnett

Expired loans:
Calvin Miller
Mark Ellis
Jimmy Knowles
Regan Griffiths

Two kind of surprises in there. Thought O’Brien might be released as he’s getting on, but has been very good under Burchnall and makes more sense if Doyle becomes assistant (will remain registered as a player but presumably play a lot less). Boldewijn the other, but I suspect we think we can use the big money that he’s on a lot more effectively.

Also said we’re hopeful of signing one of the returning loan players, which is presumably Calvin Miller. If he joins and everyone signs their offered contracts then that’d mean we go in with a squad of 15. About right, keeps together the core of a decent side with scope for five or six good additions. Focus on quality not quantity for us this summer.
Don't think we should be offering contracts to Slocombe or Rawlinson, we can get better for similar money.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Retained

Sam Corne
Joe Ellul
Gavin Hoyte
Dom Odusanya
Raphe Brown
Perri Iandolo (Academy)
Max Sutton (Academy)

Signed

Tom Hadler - Ebbsfleet
Joan Luque - Weymouth
Reece Grant - Ebbsfleet
Roarie Deacon - Havant
Jack Barham - Dartford
Tushaun Walters - Herne Bay
Jake Gallagher - Dorking
Regan Booty - Bradford Park Avenue

Gone

Kreshnic Krasniqi - Ebbsfleet
George Porter - Dartford
Saidou Khan - Dagenham??
Chris Lewington - Cray Valley
Justin Amaluzor - Motherwell
Ibrahim Olutade - Tonbridge
Charlie Seaman - returned to Doncaster
Scott Rendell
Ibby Akanbi
George Elokobi
Noah Chesmain
Ravan Constable
Christie Pattison
Zinhi Temelci
Jake Embery
Regan Booty is a decent player but has a chronic back issue, something to do with alignment I think he said and needs constant physio. It's a shame as he's talented enough to be a league player.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Don't think we should be offering contracts to Slocombe or Rawlinson, we can get better for similar money.

I think they’re fine. Slocombe particularly I think you’d struggle to get better than at this level, ‘keeper isn’t a position you need to mess about with really when you’ve got someone decent already there.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

Under contract:
Ruben Rodrigues
Calum Roberts
Kyle Wootton
Elisha Sam
Lewis Knight
Jake Reeves
Richard Brindley
Alex Lacey

Offered new deals:
Sam Slocombe
Tiernan Brooks
Connell Rawlinson
Adam Chicksen
Dion Kelly-Evans
Jim O’Brien

Michael Doyle

Released:
Enzio Boldewijn
Luke Pilling
Luke Steele
Ben Turner
Damien McCrory
Jordan Barnett

Expired loans:
Calvin Miller
Mark Ellis
Jimmy Knowles
Regan Griffiths

Boldewijn is an interesting one - that's one position we didn't have a natural player last season.... I wonder???

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Rumour floating round on our message board that Boldewijn has already signed on the dotted line for us and now it’s just a case of waiting for an announcement. Apparently he’s a close friend of Asante and he’s been key in making it happen… but then again, Yussuf was a similar situation and that was a disaster

No idea how much substance in it, but if that’s the case I can only praise the efficiency and ambition being shown by our board to have got 3 new signings sorted already. I wouldn’t expect much more movement from us after that… maybe a permanent deal for Clarke (hopefully) and potentially a couple of loan deals / Short term deals to cover the first 6 months of the season whilst Asante and Hollis are out, but other than that I’d say the squad would be pretty much there.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
I have no idea what you’re going to do with Enzio if you’re still planning to play 3-5-2 next season to be honest. Weird one.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were looking at Clarke as it happens. No inside info, just really fits what I expect our profile to be signing-wise this summer.

Last edited:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I have no idea what you’re going to do with Enzio if you’re still planning to play 3-5-2 next season to be honest. Weird one.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were looking at Clarke as it happens. No inside info, just really fits what I expect our profile to be signing-wise this summer.
We play plenty of different shapes, since Rowe’s been here he’s played 4-3-3, 3-5-1-1, 3-5-2 and 3-6-1 (box in midfield), but the latter 3 far more often than the first one.

Boldewijn strikes me as being capable of playing behind the striker, which is a position that Rowe often gives free reign to drift into any position in the final 3rd. But let’s see anyway, all hearsay atm.. if he signs that’s when I’ll worry about where he’ll fit in, but I’m sure Rowe will have something specific in mind

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
We play plenty of different shapes, since Rowe’s been here he’s played 4-3-3, 3-5-1-1, 3-5-2 and 3-6-1 (box in midfield), but the latter 3 far more often than the first one.

Boldewijn strikes me as being capable of playing behind the striker, which is a position that Rowe often gives free reign to drift into any position in the final 3rd. But let’s see anyway, all hearsay atm.. if he signs that’s when I’ll worry about where he’ll fit in, but I’m sure Rowe will have something specific in mind

Aye that’s kind of where Burchnall has been trying to fit him in a bit since we switched to three at the back, but it hasn’t really worked. He’s an out and out winger at his best.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Aye that’s kind of where Burchnall has been trying to fit him in a bit since we switched to three at the back, but it hasn’t really worked. He’s an out and out winger at his best.
Rowe’s preferred formation which we played at your place in the play offs may actually suit him as it has two attacking midfielders behind the striker, but they’re slightly wider as a result of their being two of them instead of just one. It’s the positions that Mandeville and Clarke were in.

I’ve always felt that system would work much better if you had one of those type of players (technical playmaker type), alongside a more pacy direct player that wants to run and commit people as they’d compliment eachother better. Sometimes feel with two playmakers you end up slowing it down to much and the opposition find it easier to defend against. So maybe that’s what Rowe’s thinking is…

After all this he’ll end up signing for Wrexham anyway :lol:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Rowe’s preferred formation which we played at your place in the play offs may actually suit him as it has two attacking midfielders behind the striker, but they’re slightly wider as a result of their being two of them instead of just one. It’s the positions that Mandeville and Clarke were in.

I’ve always felt that system would work much better if you had one of those type of players (technical playmaker type), alongside a more pacy direct player that wants to run and commit people as they’d compliment eachother better. Sometimes feel with two playmakers you end up slowing it down to much and the opposition find it easier to defend against. So maybe that’s what Rowe’s thinking is…

After all this he’ll end up signing for Wrexham anyway :lol:

I think he’s settled in Nottingham, so location wise it would make sense as well. I could easily see him ending up at Burton or Mansfield or somewhere as well though.

It would be interesting if he did end up at you, imagine a fair few of our fans would raise eyebrows at releasing someone who’s a bit of a favourite and a great player on his day so they can go to a direct rival. But the kind of brave decision our model means we need to take.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
If someone could be bothered to make one, Enzio’s YouTube highlights compilation would be out of this world. Well into double figures in terms of absolute screamers for us, including one against Chessie last season.

As Jacob says, he’s definitely best as a winger - the play-off game at ML was a perfect microcosm really, pretty anonymous in a central forward position first half (and at Torquay), second he moved wide right and had Whittle on toast. Also used to play wide left and cut in to hit one on his right foot, to devastating effect a few times. Hugely figure popular figure at ML, especially after the Mo Ross affair, and would get a great reception if he came back with the Spireites next year.

But if Rodrigues and Roberts are fit, the £2k+ he is on can be better deployed elsewhere - hopefully on a striker.

gtfcfan

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Rumour floating round on our message board that Boldewijn has already signed on the dotted line for us and now it’s just a case of waiting for an announcement. Apparently he’s a close friend of Asante and he’s been key in making it happen… but then again, Yussuf was a similar situation and that was a disaster

No idea how much substance in it, but if that’s the case I can only praise the efficiency and ambition being shown by our board to have got 3 new signings sorted already. I wouldn’t expect much more movement from us after that… maybe a permanent deal for Clarke (hopefully) and potentially a couple of loan deals / Short term deals to cover the first 6 months of the season whilst Asante and Hollis are out, but other than that I’d say the squad would be pretty much there.
What happened with Yussuf?
He played for us in league 2 and looked a decent enough player.

Would have thought he would have fun at this level, but obviously not gone as expected....

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

Would have thought he would have fun at this level, but obviously not gone as expected....
It just hasn’t really worked out for him here and he’s found himself way down the pecking order, even with Asante and Denton having long term injuries. With them two coming back to fitness next season, Yussuf just won’t be anywhere near the team so wouldn’t have made sense to sign him.

Believe he’s a free agent now as Blackpool have just released him

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
James Comley leaves Maidenhead. He's had a great season so I expect him to move to a full time team

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

you missed 'busgate' then?

We had him on a season long loan, en route to a game darn sarf, he asks Keates if he can get off the coach at a services, as he had a better offer at furlough fc, which was the same season long loan, with an option to make the move permanent (i dont even think it was an obligation, which made it weirder).

he was our top scorer at the time, albeit was much more miss than hit, and then did nothing at Chesterfield.

and now he doesnt have a job at all

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

We had him on a season long loan, en route to a game darn sarf, he asks Keates if he can get off the coach at a services, as he had a better offer at furlough fc, which was the same season long loan, with an option to make the move permanent (i dont even think it was an obligation, which made it weirder).

he was our top scorer at the time, albeit was much more miss than hit, and then did nothing at Chesterfield.

The key point on him asking to get off the bus betweem Wrexham and Eastleigh was that this was on deadline day.

Clearly Yussuf has not done enough to warrant a contract from Chesterfield, but you can't help but think that Rowe has completely mugged him off. He should get another club at this level but given how little he played last season he's going to be lucky to get anyone decent signing him.

Halifax?

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
The key point on him asking to get off the bus betweem Wrexham and Eastleigh was that this was on deadline day.

Clearly Yussuf has not done enough to warrant a contract from Chesterfield, but you can't help but think that Rowe has completely mugged him off. He should get another club at this level but given how little he played last season he's going to be lucky to get anyone decent signing him.

Halifax?
I get what you’re saying about Rowe mugging him off, which I’m sure is quite satisfying for Wrexham fans after he abandoned ship (bus :animatedf:) on deadline day… but he was garbage for us in fairness, so he can’t complain at not getting a contract here. With all our strikers fit he’d genuinely be 6th choice, and if a 40 year old is ahead of you in the pecking order… you know there’s not much hope :lol:

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I get what you’re saying about Rowe mugging him off, which I’m sure is quite satisfying for Wrexham fans after he abandoned ship (bus :animatedf:) on deadline day… but he was garbage for us in fairness, so he can’t complain at not getting a contract here. With all our strikers fit he’d genuinely be 6th choice, and if a 40 year old is ahead of you in the pecking order… you know there’s not much hope :lol:

it says everything about him that it seems like you guys had given him that carrot of a possible contract next season, something he was unlikely to get with us- and it was clear Blackpool weren't going to renew, and he didn't take that chance.

The Guys a moron.

gtfcfan

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

Ouch, that's not gone to plan then!

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Our Released/Retained list was released this week.

Not really very much to shout about as most of our players are contracted for next season.

Retained
Ben Hinchliffe
Josh Schofield (Yth)
Sam Minihan
Macauley Southam-Hales
Ash Palmer
Liam Hogan
James Jennings
Mark Kitching
Jamie Stott
Ryan Rydel
Jordan Keane
Lois Maynard
John Rooney
Ryan Croasdale
Will Collar
Elliot Newby
Jack Hinchy (Yth)
Ritchie Bennett
Connor Jennings
Alex Reid
Jordan Williams
Paddy Madden

Players returning to parent club
Harry Cardwell
Tom Walker

Released
Josh Barnes
Ross Fitzsimons
Adam Owen
Finley Stanyer
Jordan Downing
Alex Curran
Max Greenhalgh
Jack Hopkins
Harvey Gilmour
Adam Thomas
Nyal Bell

Sad to see 2 players who played a significant role in our NLN championship winning side move on, but that's the nature of football and both Adam and Nyal leave with very high stock amongst County fans. I'd expect both to be able to find new clubs at this level or NLN easily.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the current retained players leave too.

Jordan Williams, Ritchie Bennett, Lois Maynard & Jamie Stott all don't seem to be rated much by Rusk.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Thats a hefty squad you had there, rivalling Chesterfield in numbers.

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Think there’s a good chance Bell will end up back with us. Linked up really well with Hyde whilst on loan here. I’d happily take Maynard and Stott off your hands if they were free. Maynard was very popular here and Stott worked alongside Wild at Oldham.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Stockport another where there really isn’t scope for much in the transfer market unless they shift a lot. More players retained than we want our squad to be when it’s done.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
It's definitley a case of quality over quantity in the market for us this summer. We may have to take a financial hit on some of those names but we do have players we're not fussed about that I think a lot of National League clubs would be interested in so I don't expect all those contracted players to still be here come 21st August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!