2021/22 Squads

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Dagenham & Redbridge can today announce our list of retained players staying on for the 2021/22 season.

Thirteen players are under contract for the 2021/22 season:

• Angelo Balanta

• Elliot Justham

• Paul McCallum

• Joey Jones

• Darren McQueen*

• Elliot Johnson

• Dean Rance

• Callum Reynolds

• Mo Sagaf

• George Saunders

• Josh Strizovic

• Scott Wilson

• Will Wright

*Darren McQueen is available for transfer.

New deals have been offered to:

• Kenny Clark

• Matt Robinson

• Mauro Vilhete

• Myles Weston

• Saidou Khan

• Harry Phipps

The following players are out of contract with the club:

• Sam Deering

• Mitch Brundle

• Andrew Eleftheriou

• Luke Croll

• Adrian Clifton

• James Dobson

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Looking at the squad its almost hard to see where we need to strengthen as on paper we have good options and depth for every position on the pitch (except GK)

GK - Ben Hinchliffe
RB / RWB - Macauley Southam-Hales / Sam Minihan
LB / LWB - Mark Kitching / Ryan Rydel / James Jennings (if needed)
CB - Ash Palmer / Liam Hogan / James Jennings / Jordan Keane / Jamie Stott
CM - John Rooney / Ryan Croasdale / Will Collar / Jordan Keane / Lois Maynard
RW - Elliot Newby / Macauley Southam-Hales / Jordan Williams / Connor Jennings (when recovered from Cancer)
LW - Same as above
STK - Ritchie Bennett / Paddy Madden / Alex Reid / Jordan Williams (if needed)

If the likes of Williams, Bennett, Maynard and Stott are moved on, then there will be space in the squad for additions.

I'd like to see a couple of out and out wingers in the squad to give us that option. Currently in the 3-5-2 we haven't really needed them, but it would be nice to be able to mix it up a bit and play with wingers to stretch the game when required.

Danny Lloyd as a left wing option would be very welcomed :)

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Think there’s a good chance Bell will end up back with us. Linked up really well with Hyde whilst on loan here. I’d happily take Maynard and Stott off your hands if they were free. Maynard was very popular here and Stott worked alongside Wild at Oldham.
Maynard is NOT popular here- went into a sulk when Aspin wouldn't allow him to break his contract for a better offer, and had to be dropped to bring him to his senses, then left on a free the first chance he got. Was next seen a few months later throwing himself on top of a pile of Tranmere players to celebrate their late winner against us- so much for respecting your former fans. I also don't think he's as good as some crack him up to be. Why is is he still in National League? No thanks. :ds:

Magpie Mike

Reaction score
Supports
Maidenhead
James Comley leaves Maidenhead. He's had a great season so I expect him to move to a full time team
What annoys me is that there is never any news as to why lots of our players move on.
Does Dev no longer want them or have they had better offers elsewhere?
Ince has gone to Woking?
Have they given him a better deal.....certainly not an upwards move for him.?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
What annoys me is that there is never any news as to why lots of our players move on.
Does Dev no longer want them or have they had better offers elsewhere?
Ince has gone to Woking?
Have they given him a better deal.....certainly not an upwards move for him.?

I certainly don't think Dev no longer wants them, we usually try to keep everyone who at least has an average season. It's weird though that we don't put out a retained/released list like most clubs.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Well the start of another week and at this point the clubs either withholding information to piss us off or we are about to find out we need a complete overhaul like last season. We may have moved to being fully full time but sometimes we are so amateur.

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Well the start of another week and at this point the clubs either withholding information to piss us off or we are about to find out we need a complete overhaul like last season. We may have moved to being fully full time but sometimes we are so amateur.
If the rumour of Hyde going to Southend is on the mark then it’s going to be another complete rebuild. We must be the worst club for squad stability in our league, lose all our best players every season for free/peanuts and cobble up a new team at the last minute. Infuriating.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Didn't his early goalscoring bandwagon sort or of stop at about christmas time?

It was always going to slow down after nine goals in his first eight games. He got injured and when he returned it took him a little while to get match fit but once he was firing on all cylinders he looked as good as he'd always done.

I was 100% certain he'd return to the EFL so this is a major coup especially given that we've only given about half a dozen players a two year deal in our history.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
It was always going to slow down after nine goals in his first eight games. He got injured and when he returned it took him a little while to get match fit but once he was firing on all cylinders he looked as good as he'd always done.

I was 100% certain he'd return to the EFL so this is a major coup especially given that we've only given about half a dozen players a two year deal in our history.
Go on. Please tell me what it's like to resign a player? I need the rush.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Rebuild needed for us in central midfield with today’s news that Jake Reeves is off, and Doyle only playing when needed by the sounds of it to concentrate on coaching.. not a bad thing to be honest imo as we’ve needed more legs in that position for a while.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Rebuild needed for us in central midfield with today’s news that Jake Reeves is off, and Doyle only playing when needed by the sounds of it to concentrate on coaching.. not a bad thing to be honest imo as we’ve needed more legs in that position for a while.

Confirmed Doyle has signed on as assistant and will focus on coaching. Probably the one area of the pitch that really let us down over the course of last season I would say, so the one where a rebuild is fine, but we’ve got to get it right.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Alright, we've got bugger all on now so let's have your squad breakdowns as they are right now for next season.

Players under contract at Grimsby
GK

James McKeown - will be a high earner for this level, but dropping down I'd expect him to be solid enough. You know what you're getting with Macca. Occasional clangers and dodgy kicking, but one of the best shot stoppers at this level and the level above.

Sam Russell - GK coach who is on the books for emergency duty.

Defence
Luke Waterfall - Has had a poor season, despite a fairly decent start in my opinion. You won't find too many Town fans not wanting him paid off, but I'd actually go against the grain here. Partly because there is a lot more dross we need to pay off and partly because I reckon he can do a job. He still gets his head on everything and still offers an attacking threat from set pieces. Completely trust Hurst to make the right call here. No way will he keep defenders he doesn't trust.

Midfield
Filipe Morais - Hurst has already said his future at Blundell Park is over after he had a fight with Stefan Payne on the pitch at Bradford a few weeks ago. A shame in my opinion, as he's got a decent delivery and works hard. Could have been an asset next season.

Danny Rose - Weird one. At times he looked good last season, at times he was a passenger in games. Good on the ball and keeps things ticking over but I don't think he's combative enough for this level. Given that he's on fairly high wages, I'd probably get rid. I think he's capable of dropping down and having a good season, but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

George Williams - Most talented player in the squad, but has never really had a decent run of matches and he's soft as fuck. Doesn't strike me as a Hurst player. Shame it hasn't worked out because he's good enough to tear The Conference apart.

Max Wright - Has had a stinker of a season injuries wise. Classic Town academy graduate in that he broke through and looked like a really exciting prospect but has ultimately stuttered. Will be on a lower wage than all those above I've written about above and that should save him. I think he could definitely benefit from dropping down though. Tireless worker when he's fit and one of the few players in our squad that can skin a defender when he's on form.

Sean Scannell - Shite signing. I said so at the time and I was bang on. Top of the list to pay off for me.

Strikers
Montel Gibson - Clearly not in Hurst's plans. Shipped out to Alty earlier on in the season. Very weird, poor Holloway signing.

Ira Jackson Jr - Another weird Holloway signing, but has had a bit of game time under Hurst. Will have a better chance of avoiding the chop than Gibson. Personally, I'm not convinced by him. We need better than him up top from what I've seen,

Lenell John-Lewis - Opinions almost irrelevant here, Hurst loves him. I'd bet good money that he starts the season for us.

Players out of contract at Grimsby
GK

Ollie Battersby - Young keeper, never seen him play. I'd imagine we'll be bringing in new backup, if there's room in the budget.

Defence
Sam Habergham - Solid enough, but too injury prone for me. I'd get rid.

Luke Hendrie - Still a good L2 RB, should get a L2 club but if he doesn't retain him at all costs, I'd say.

Elliot Hewitt - Notts fans might be surprised about this, but it turns out he's a quality CB. As above with Hendrie, should easily get a L2 club. But we need to be offering him a deal. Along with Matete has been the other stand out performer since we've improved under Hurst.

Duncan Idehan - Academy graduate CB, who I don't think has featured on the pitch under Hurst? Haven't seen enough of him really to have made my mind up.

Mattie Pollock - Still fully convinced there's a very good CB in there, despite having a torrid season. Hurst is just the man to get the most out of him. If we don't manage to get Menayese, he'll need someone pacey alongside him. A big part of his poor form this season has been down to playing alongside Waterfall (the same could be said for him too). I think he'll do well dropping down a division. Keep.

Midfield
Harry Clifton - Another one that will benefit from dropping down a division. Give him a year deal and get other midfielders in who are better on the ball than him. He can be the engine room. Versatile too, kind of a no brainer.

Giles Coke - Get rid for me, I'd rather have Clifton. His passing is crap and he can only really play in one position as far as I know.

Julien Lamy - From the little I've seen of him, I've been relatively impressed. Depends how much he wants wage wise, I guess.

Luke Spokes - Hmmmmm, a lot of Town fans rate him. I'm not convinced, I'd get rid. He's tidy enough but I don't really know what he does/what he brings to the table and I'm not sure if that's because he's a passenger or he's going under the radar.

Strikers
Matt Green - LOL. Sure you're a nice guy, but you're shite now. One of the worst players I've seen play 50+ games for us.

Hamez Hanson - Shot ourselves in the foot here giving LJL an 18 month deal in Jan as Hanson is a much better player, but we don't want both of them. The one saving grace is that he's made of glass, so I'll focus on that. A fit Hanson would rip this division up alongside the right partner(s).

Stefan Payne - Get the fuck out of our club please.

Alhagi Touray Sisay - The weirdest of all the Holloway signings. Has he even been on the bench? Bizarre one and won't be here.

Players we've had on loan this season
Jake Eastwood - Solid keeper, should be looking at a loan move where he can nail down a starting spot. I'd be happy if he came back here, but he's better than understudy to McKeown from what I've seen.

Rollin Menayese - Solid, quick and reliable. Has formed a decent partnership with Hewitt. As with Hendrie and Hewitt, should get a L2 club but I'd be happy if we can get him signed up.

Idris El Mizouni - Not good enough. Has he been injured recently? Can't remember the last time he played.

Jay Matete - Absolutely no chance of signing him, he's been class. Fully expect him to break into Fleetwood's team next season.

Kyle Bennett - Quite how/why Bristol Rovers are paying him 4k a week is quite baffling. Looked alright for a bit but then got injured. No chance he'll be back here and he won't really be missed.
Our squad is starting to take shape now.

* = 1st and 2nd year pros that I don't think will feature too much
** = players that I think we'll be offloading as they're probably not in Hurst's plans

Goalkeepers
James Mckeown
Ollie Battersby
Sam Russell (combined player/coach role)

Defenders
Shaun Pearson
David Longe-King
Ryan Sears
Luke Waterfall
Duncan Idehan*
Jaz Ghoundry*

Midfielders/Wingers
Harry Clifton
Giles Coke
Ben Fox
Max Wright
Luke Spokes
Joseph Starbuck*
Danny Rose**
Sean Scannell**
George Williams**
Filipe Morais**

Strikers
Lennell John-Lewis
John McAtee
Luis Adlard*
Ira Jackson Junior**
Montel Gibson**

We're still also waiting on decisions from Luke Hendrie and Evan Khouri who have both been offered deals.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

** = players that I think we'll be offloading as they're probably not in Hurst's plans

Goalkeepers
James Mckeown
Ollie Battersby

Defenders
Shaun Pearson
David Longe-King
Ryan Sears
Luke Waterfall
Duncan Idehan*
Jaz Ghoundry*

Midfielders/Wingers
Harry Clifton
Giles Coke
Ben Fox
Max Wright
Luke Spokes
Joseph Starbuck*
Danny Rose**
Sean Scannell**
George Williams**
Filipe Morais**

Strikers
Lennell John-Lewis
John McAtee
Luis Adlard*
Ira Jackson Junior**
Montel Gibson**

We're still also waiting on decisions from Luke Hendrie and Evan Khouri who have both been offered deals.

I think Jackson will stay, he is not a bad option and could be decent at this level, also think Waterfall won't be in his plans (well I hope not!)

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax

Goalkeepers
James Mckeown
Ollie Battersby

Defenders
Shaun Pearson
David Longe-King
Ryan Sears
Luke Waterfall
Duncan Idehan*
Jaz Ghoundry*

Midfielders/Wingers
Harry Clifton
Giles Coke
Ben Fox
Max Wright
Luke Spokes
Joseph Starbuck*
Danny Rose**
Sean Scannell**
George Williams**
Filipe Morais**

Strikers
Lennell John-Lewis
John McAtee
Luis Adlard*
Ira Jackson Junior**
Montel Gibson**

Rumours on our forum that we might be after Gibson.
Fits the player profile type we usually go for.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I think Jackson will stay, he is not a bad option and could be decent at this level, also think Waterfall won't be in his plans (well I hope not!)
I have a feeling we'll bring in one more quicker CB who can also cover another position and he'll rotate Waterfall and Pearson. I think Waterfall will be fine at this level personally, but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he goes either.
Rumours on our forum that we might be after Gibson.
Fits the player profile type we usually go for.
He puts a lot of effort in but is quite erratic. I'd be surprised if he's up to the task of this level, but you never know. Having said that's, he's exactly the type of player who leaves us and goes onto be decent elsewhere. Any chance you'll be up for taking any of those with ** next to their name in the midfield section of my post please?

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I have a feeling we'll bring in one more quicker CB who can also cover another position and he'll rotate Waterfall and Pearson. I think Waterfall will be fine at this level personally, but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he goes either.

He puts a lot of effort in but is quite erratic. I'd be surprised if he's up to the task of this level, but you never know. Having said that's, he's exactly the type of player who leaves us and goes onto be decent elsewhere. Any chance you'll be up for taking any of those with ** next to their name in the midfield section of my post please?
Love the name Luke Waterfall, it's something kids might shout out when they are walking through the peak district.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax

I've heard of Rose. Scannell and Morais but I'd heard of them 10 years ago aswell. Which tells me they are the wrong side of 30.
Gibson will be the type we'd go for. We have to take gambles and he would be one. Not sure we'd be willing to pay a fee though which always makes me believe it's not true. I don't think we've paid a fee since signing Gregory or Vardy. Free transfers are our wheelhouse

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I've heard of Rose. Scannell and Morais but I'd heard of them 10 years ago aswell. Which tells me they are the wrong side of 30.
Gibson will be the type we'd go for. We have to take gambles and he would be one. Not sure we'd be willing to pay a fee though which always makes me believe it's not true. I don't think we've paid a fee since signing Gregory or Vardy. Free transfers are our wheelhouse
I don't think we'd be after a fee for any of those I've put ** next to. Rose and Scannell would be poor signings, but Morais can still play a bit. I'd have him in our squad for next season, but Hurst has already said he's done at the club after he had a bust up on the pitch with Stefan Payne.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
I don't think we'd be after a fee for any of those I've put ** next to. Rose and Scannell would be poor signings, but Morais can still play a bit. I'd have him in our squad for next season, but Hurst has already said he's done at the club after he had a bust up on the pitch with Stefan Payne.
Gibson still has 2 years on his deal doesnt he? You surely wouldn't let him go for free..

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Gibson still has 2 years on his deal doesnt he? You surely wouldn't let him go for free..
Yeah, he's surplus to requirements. Brought in by a sacked manager governed by a defunct regime. He's probably looking at being released, so I'd imagine we'd drive him to The Shay to avoid having to pay up a 2 year deal if you're willing to take him off our hands.

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
if you play Pearson and Waterfall together only bad things will happen.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Slocombe signed a new deal despite an offer from Scunthorpe, good news for us. As consistent as you get at this level and his playing out from the back is pretty good.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Slocombe signed a new deal despite an offer from Scunthorpe, good news for us.
Luke Hendrie was in talks with Scunthorpe too but they could only offer him less than we already have offered him.
Great to see those twats struggling financially after years of spending well above their means, they are nailed on for relegation this season unless a couple of basket case clubs can save them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!