22/23 Pizza Trophy

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Here are the groups for the Pizza Trophy without the kiddie teams which are drawn on Thursday:

I'm sure you are all desperate to find this info out.....

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
As with every other season if we exit the group stage I am perfectly happy in fact would totally endorse us doing that. The injury risk is just not worth it.

Drawing out Stockport would have been more interesting I guess if Jim Gannon was still their manager. Don’t think we’ve come up against him since his rather erm ill-fated spell in charge.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
The only points in favour of going on in the competition for me is giving the fringe players/promising youngsters more competitive football and decent blood prize money. I can't see any others unless it can be a scouting opportunity for loans I guess but that could easily be achieved in other ways.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I enjoy the games (on ifollow) as its one I am not to fussed about winning so can actually enjoy watching, it works for us as we have a squad where we've made it fairly consistent so we are still fairly strong in it with the changes.

We've only failed to progress from the group stage once (the first one) so from that aspect its a good exercise, although losing Gibbons at Wigan a couple of years back for the season in one wasnt so great.

I just dont get the B teams though, we absolutely walloped Liverpool the past two seasons 4-2 and 5-0, in the 4-2 they had Millar who was the one who kept them in it and they are literally men v boys, like a training game in most cases. We've beaten every B Team we've faced with mostly relative ease.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
I enjoy the games (on ifollow) as its one I am not to fussed about winning so can actually enjoy watching, it works for us as we have a squad where we've made it fairly consistent so we are still fairly strong in it with the changes.

We've only failed to progress from the group stage once (the first one) so from that aspect its a good exercise, although losing Gibbons at Wigan a couple of years back for the season in one wasnt so great.

I just dont get the B teams though, we absolutely walloped Liverpool the past two seasons 4-2 and 5-0, in the 4-2 they had Millar who was the one who kept them in it and they are literally men v boys, like a training game in most cases. We've beaten every B Team we've faced with mostly relative ease.
The only two that we've faced that have noticeably been quite good were Villa last season in our group and Chelsea in the knockout rounds a few years back when they had Caballero in goal, Batshuayi up top, Kenedy etc etc in their team.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
1656225580445.png

1656225619625.png

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Expect we'll play as many of our development squad as possible, and will get an early exit.

Good for the dev squad to get some competitive football though, and if we pick up some cash along the way then great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James M