- Jan 17, 2015
- Reaction score
- Jack Wilshere
- This is the third consecutive season these teams have met in the FA Cup - Arsenal won the previous two meetings, including the 2014 final.
- The Gunners have won nine of their last 10 matches with Hull in all competitions, drawing the other.
- The Tigers have won once away to Arsenal in their history - that was a 2-1 victory in the Premier League in 2008.
- Arsenal have won their last eight FA Cup matches at home.
- Their defeat by Blackburn in 2013 is the only time the Gunners have lost to lower-league opposition in 40 FA Cup games under Arsene Wenger's management (W31, D8).
- They have been knocked out in the fifth round in two of the previous four seasons.
- Wenger has won 71 of his 99 FA Cup matches in charge of Arsenal, with 15 draws and 13 defeats.
- Alexis Sanchez has scored five goals in six starts in the FA Cup. His first goal in the competition was scored against Hull City in January 2015.
- Hull have won four of their last five away games in all competitions, including a victory over Bury at Gigg Lane in the last round.
- They have conceded just two goals in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- This is the third time in eight seasons they have reached the fifth round - they won on the previous two occasions in 2009 and 2014.
- On-loan Arsenal forward Chuba Akpom scored a hat-trick for Hull in the last round but is ineligible to play against his parent club.