- Jan 17, 2015
- Reaction score
- Jack Wilshere
- Southampton have won each of the past five league encounters, including a 2-0 victory at St Mary's in November's reverse fixture.
- All four of Bournemouth's wins in their 17 previous league meetings have been at home (D3, L10).
- Bournemouth's last league victory over Saints was in 1958 in the old Third Division.
- Bournemouth have lost their last three home games in all competitions, conceding seven goals in the process.
- They have won just two of their past 10 Premier League home matches (D3, L5).
- The Cherries have scored just eight goals in their past 10 league matches and failed to score in half of them.
- Bournemouth have scored a league-high eight goals inside the opening 15 minutes.
- Only Everton have conceded more often at home than Bournemouth, who have let in 21 goals at the Vitality Stadium.
- Defeat at home to Chelsea at the weekend ended Southampton's six-match unbeaten run (W5, D1).
- The Saints have conceded just 11 goals on their travels, a joint-league high along with Tottenham and Manchester City.
- They have also kept six away clean sheets, only Manchester City have kept more with seven.
- Southampton have recorded clean sheets in nine of their 11 Premier League victories.
- Shane Long has scored in his past two league appearances - he has never scored in three consecutive appearances.