Carabao Cup 22/23

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Draw to be done on Thursday alongside the league fixtures being released. We’re in the north section. Obvious preference for us would be to draw out number 32 (away especially) but no doubt we’ll end up with Bradford as us and them have to play each other every fucking year without exception.

Any preferences for anyone on who you get or rather be out as soon as possible?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Draw to be done on Thursday alongside the league fixtures being released. We’re in the north section. Obvious preference for us would be to draw out number 32 (away especially) but no doubt we’ll end up with Bradford as us and them have to play each other every fucking year without exception.

Any preferences for anyone on who you get or rather be out as soon as possible?

Crewe would be ok I suppose, that said Stoke wouldn't be as unwinnable now there's only a league between us!

We will get Sunderland... we seem to be magnetically attached to them in cup draws (used to be Sheff U!)

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Someone we can beat, in the hope of a big team in the second round is all I ask for...

Our game against Brentford, even though we lost it (having been ahead for ages), was in many ways one of the highlights of the first half of our season last year. It's also a good opportunity to let bigger teams see our capabilities and hopefully present ourselves as a good place for loanees to come to.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Someone we can beat, in the hope of a big team in the second round is all I ask for...

Our game against Brentford, even though we lost it (having been ahead for ages), was in many ways one of the highlights of the first half of our season last year. It's also a good opportunity to let bigger teams see our capabilities and hopefully present ourselves as a good place for loanees to come to.
Agree totally, although I enjoyed the home victory against Bristol City the game at Brentford was brilliant...would probably have been my first choice draw as it was a new ground to tick off, and easy one to get to...although I still can't fathom why they close the nearest tube station for an hour after the final whistle, made the trip back to Paddington a bit more challenging than it needed to be.

I would be happy for us to get someone like Wolves away if we make it to the second round, seeing as our club won't let us see the friendly game between the two teams.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Norwich away would be good. Would prefer it in the FA cup but would settle for it in the league cup if need be.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
If it’s not seeded (can’t remember whether it usually is or isn’t), I wouldn’t mind a cup derby home or away. Be interested if we drew them in the cup whether the police would let us have 4,000 tickets like most teams get there in the cup.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
If it’s not seeded (can’t remember whether it usually is or isn’t), I wouldn’t mind a cup derby home or away. Be interested if we drew them in the cup whether the police would let us have 4,000 tickets like most teams get there in the cup.

According to our forum, it isn't seeded.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Rotherham at home, winnable but dull.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Pretty mundane fixture but then is there really anything for us other than Stoke that would be particularly exciting at this stage? Home draw I guess at least.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Cobblers (A) - highly meh draw (for both clubs, I'm sure), I don't think there's even the novelty value of either club having any of the others' old boys any more (now Akinfenwa's left us, and Harriman's left them).

I expect us to play a second string side though, so it's a good chance for NTFC if they are taking this seriously.

I wouldn't have minded an away trip to Sutton which is easy for me to get to, but oh well.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Ours vs Swansea at home is decent enough. We have a chance but should be a decent game to watch anyway. About as good as it could get with getting a Championship side. Certainly, it is a bonus we didn't get somebody from our own division or who we've played regularly in recent seasons.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Away at Doncaster for us, at least it's a local midweek trip.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Ours vs Swansea at home is decent enough. We have a chance but should be a decent game to watch anyway. About as good as it could get with getting a Championship side. Certainly, it is a bonus we didn't get somebody from our own division or who we've played regularly in recent seasons.
I'd watch that match rather than ours due to the snake being in charge there and I'd be cheering for Oxford :gr:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James M