Coronavirus

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Ahhh, just settling for the afternoon on the sofa with a brew calmly waiting for the utter shit storm to commence should the absolute unthinkable happen...

Rumours on twitter gathering momentum as we speak #AnnounceYoussef
You forgot to add the ‘hysterically laughing’ :fl: emoji to your post pal.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
The tabloids have clearly had decent cut through on the furlough story (where I can’t really defend you tbh, the vaccines one is a non-issue) and decided it’s worth their while to dig around for some more dirt on you. Someone seems pretty happy to point them in the right direction.
Imagine when they come across this forum and get hold of the Gavin Gunning scandal haha.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
The vaccine thing is a big non story from what I cam see. But I suspect Jacobs right, the tabloids love to pile abuse on one target.

This is how I see Chesterfields recent antics.

Furloughgate
RAPING Gloucester

----------line of acceptibility---------

Whispering sweet nothings into the ear of Adi Yussuf
Stealing vaccines
Subjecting everyone to Tom Denton

----------normal club behaviour---------------

SpireiteDan

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
The vaccine thing is a big non story from what I cam see. But I suspect Jacobs right, the tabloids love to pile abuse on one target.

This is how I see Chesterfields recent antics.

Furloughgate
RAPING Gloucester

----------line of acceptibility---------

Whispering sweet nothings into the ear of Adi Yussuf
Stealing vaccines
Subjecting everyone to Tom Denton

----------normal club behaviour---------------

Woah, woah, woah!!!! I'm fuming at your use of the word raping in this context.

I'm grinding my teeth and frowning as i type this!!! Might have to take this to the papers!

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield

For those who seemingly care.
Fair play to them. They shouldn’t need to come out and release this statement but they have.

well done to them for giving 5000 additional vaccines than planned thanks to using their head and having a good plan to ensure no vaccines are wasted. Well done all involved.

Those that leaked to the press (disgruntled sacked physio Claire Swindell) and those that fuelled the fire (that Cnut Ashley Carson) and all those in the media that sensationalised it to try and discredit the club and the NHS should be ashamed.

I highly doubt Claire Swindell will get another job in football and her business in Doncaster will probably have all this come up in google searches going forward. Happy days, reap what you sow

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Surprise surprise Curzon Ashton are refusing to play,they have received 90k in grant money which should be enough to last the full season.
Last season they averaged 360,so any decent business manager should of budget for 300 for lack of away fans.
So 300x£12x23 games =£82800 How the fuck do that not have money left from grant.
The Dorking chairmen has done an excellent interview saying a number of clubs have added 30% to player budget because of grant money being more than gate receipts,plus tin pot clubs expecting more money in Jan and can’t afford to pay the players because of this.
So clubs taking the piss out of the stupid way the grant money is going ruin the season for the proper teams that want to carry on.
He also says about the ramifications of bigger clubs who generate funds through commercial ventures,if null and void will have to pay Sponsors/advertising etc and these clubs received less in grant missing fans leaving those clubs in danger.
For me went to every away game last season and only Missed a hand full in last 10 years I will not be visited a lot of these club grounds again,

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Surprise surprise Curzon Ashton are refusing to play,they have received 90k in grant money which should be enough to last the full season.
Last season they averaged 360,so any decent business manager should of budget for 300 for lack of away fans.
So 300x£12x23 games =£82800 How the fuck do that not have money left from grant.
The Dorking chairmen has done an excellent interview saying a number of clubs have added 30% to player budget because of grant money being more than gate receipts,plus tin pot clubs expecting more money in Jan and can’t afford to pay the players because of this.
So clubs taking the piss out of the stupid way the grant money is going ruin the season for the proper teams that want to carry on.
He also says about the ramifications of bigger clubs who generate funds through commercial ventures,if null and void will have to pay Sponsors/advertising etc and these clubs received less in grant missing fans leaving those clubs in danger.
For me went to every away game last season and only Missed a hand full in last 10 years I will not be visited a lot of these club grounds again,
How much have you built in for the loss of function room income or the rental from their 3G pitch which is usually available for rent year round?

All this bollocks about proper clubs. Just be honest, the clubs who want to carry on at NLN level have either had a cash windfall recently (Chorley & York) or have owners who are rich and are currently willing to finance the income gap (Fylde etc).

If you can provide a good answer to the questions. Why should my club take on a loan to complete the season when that wasn't what was agreed when the season started. We wouldn't take on loans to pay for trading expenses in a normal season and we shouldn't be doing it this season.

If not then let the NL get on with it and lumber themselves with more debt. But as a fan owned club, who at the start of the season in the best financial position we've been in, I'd want no part of it.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
If things couldn't get any more bizarre, the guy who was our caretaker manager before Darren Sarll has popped up on one of our fan pages on Facebook telling everyone we're mad for getting a vaccine. He's a nutjob and to be fair Dicko did call that a few months ago

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
How much have you built in for the loss of function room income or the rental from their 3G pitch which is usually available for rent year round?

All this bollocks about proper clubs. Just be honest, the clubs who want to carry on at NLN level have either had a cash windfall recently (Chorley & York) or have owners who are rich and are currently willing to finance the income gap (Fylde etc).

If you can provide a good answer to the questions. Why should my club take on a loan to complete the season when that wasn't what was agreed when the season started. We wouldn't take on loans to pay for trading expenses in a normal season and we shouldn't be doing it this season.

This is me playing devil’s advocate, mostly, but I would say that.. because we’re in the position we’re in, and the alternative is worse.

I totally buy the argument that clubs wouldn’t have started the season if we knew what we do now. There’s a decent case that they shouldn’t have done anyway below NL level. But to stop now would mean, among other things, £11m of public money has been wasted to absolutely no end, sponsors and fans have to be repaid, hundreds of players facing a very uncertain future (furlough is currently scheduled to end in April - where will clubs with people on actual contracts find the money to pay them for May and June?), etc etc

Most worryingly IMO, it would mean putting the two leagues in cold storage until August. At a time when we’ve played through the winter peak of the pandemic and when huge numbers of people are now being vaccinated all the time. We should be approaching the end of this and, while nothing is guaranteed, it’s entirely possible that we’re back at a stage where at least the 2,000 fans that were briefly allowed in the autumn are able to return come late March. The interest in things like live football is going to be huge when it’s a possibility again, and we risk sitting here having ended the season and completely missed that potential boom period.

Loans aren’t ideal and I can totally understand where some clubs are coming from, but it also feels a bit like some have no interest in even trying. Darlington, for example, made the FA Cup second round with at least one game on the BBC thing. That’s the equivalent of a couple of months’ grant money right there, completely unbudgeted for.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City

If not then let the NL get on with it and lumber themselves with more debt. But as a fan owned club, who at the start of the season in the best financial position we've been in, I'd want no part of it.
That figure was a rough guide on gate receipts only,seen has you’ve pointed out about 3G hire and club house losses,I never added sponsorship,streaming,programme sales/advertising etc probably equates to level.
You mention Chorley had a windfall in cup to pay for them,have you forgotten you’ve made 100k for cup run,if season is null and void that gives you a good start for next season,especially when your 19th this season.
Any club that refuses to play and has genuine money problems is fine,don’t want clubs to go under.
Do you seriously think it’s ok to play Saturday in trophy because of prize money and not play Tuesday in league.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
That figure was a rough guide on gate receipts only,seen has you’ve pointed out about 3G hire and club house losses,I never added sponsorship,streaming,programme sales/advertising etc probably equates to level.
You mention Chorley had a windfall in cup to pay for them,have you forgotten you’ve made 100k for cup run,if season is null and void that gives you a good start for next season,especially when your 19th this season.
Any club that refuses to play and has genuine money problems is fine,don’t want clubs to go under.
Do you seriously think it’s ok to play Saturday in trophy because of prize money and not play Tuesday in league.
I haven't forgotten our FA cup money. We worked very hard to earn it. But not every club in this league has been as lucky this season. So once again, is it a case of my owner is rich enough or we've had windfalls big enough to pay for this and f*** the rest? Why would it be fair that any club coming into this division from the NPL in the future might have a head start on clubs here because they have no loan repayments to make on money they didn't want to spend? Not only that but clubs would carry that debt with them, so should they get relegated at some point they carry that into the league below.

These businesses are not suitable for debt. If any club NL, NLN or NLS walked into a bank and asked for a loan, the size which would be required to complete the season, they would be laughed out of there without a seconds thought.

I've made my thoughts on the FA Trophy game very clear on another thread. If the season is null and voided we should withdraw immediately. However, at the present time, the league have given no assurances that should we refuse to play you on Tuesday (againt you) we won't face sanctions/fines for failing to fulfil fixtures. So none of our players have been furloughed in this period. There has been no cost saving and so we either take that as a sunk cost with possibly more to come from fines and sanctions of not playing. Or we play the match on the basis that the prize money on offer might actually have made it worth playing until a result is known.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
This is me playing devil’s advocate, mostly, but I would say that.. because we’re in the position we’re in, and the alternative is worse.

I totally buy the argument that clubs wouldn’t have started the season if we knew what we do now. There’s a decent case that they shouldn’t have done anyway below NL level. But to stop now would mean, among other things, £11m of public money has been wasted to absolutely no end, sponsors and fans have to be repaid, hundreds of players facing a very uncertain future (furlough is currently scheduled to end in April - where will clubs with people on actual contracts find the money to pay them for May and June?), etc etc

Most worryingly IMO, it would mean putting the two leagues in cold storage until August. At a time when we’ve played through the winter peak of the pandemic and when huge numbers of people are now being vaccinated all the time. We should be approaching the end of this and, while nothing is guaranteed, it’s entirely possible that we’re back at a stage where at least the 2,000 fans that were briefly allowed in the autumn are able to return come late March. The interest in things like live football is going to be huge when it’s a possibility again, and we risk sitting here having ended the season and completely missed that potential boom period.

Loans aren’t ideal and I can totally understand where some clubs are coming from, but it also feels a bit like some have no interest in even trying. Darlington, for example, made the FA Cup second round with at least one game on the BBC thing. That’s the equivalent of a couple of months’ grant money right there, completely unbudgeted for.
To me that's the best argument I've seen for full time clubs. I didn't see any reports last season of clubs facing large scale repercussions from sponsors or exceptionally high costs from returning moneybto supporters. Fair enough it would be tough for teams looking at what to do in May/June till the contracts end, perhaps they could play friendlies etc to fund themselves through. It would still be far less money than having to play 4 months worth of football. Bur again as I've said before if thats the majority of the national leagues opinion let them crack on with their debt. Just know, no bank in the country would give these clubs debt, and that is for a reason.

As to your second point about the return of fans, we can't just gamble again on that second point. We gambled on it back in October that we'd have 2000 in at the start of January. It didn't come off, its too uncertain. We are in this mess literally because of that gamble.

Its certainly not that Darlo haven't tried. We've lobbied our MP to raise the issue. We've brought in testing for our players to make playing safer for them. We just aren't treating the league with and us and them, haves and have nots attitude. If one club could go to the wall because of these loans its too many, I don't care if its us, Southport, Curzon etc. None of them battled to be called elite back in April and none of them would have started the season if they were told they would need to take trading loans to complete it.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Not tried probably isn’t the right way of putting it, to be fair. It’s more the idea that clubs can or should be able to come through a global pandemic and massive crisis without taking any kind of hit themselves.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
To me that's the best argument I've seen for full time clubs. I didn't see any reports last season of clubs facing large scale repercussions from sponsors or exceptionally high costs from returning moneybto supporters. Fair enough it would be tough for teams looking at what to do in May/June till the contracts end, perhaps they could play friendlies etc to fund themselves through. It would still be far less money than having to play 4 months worth of football. Bur again as I've said before if thats the majority of the national leagues opinion let them crack on with their debt. Just know, no bank in the country would give these clubs debt, and that is for a reason.

As to your second point about the return of fans, we can't just gamble again on that second point. We gambled on it back in October that we'd have 2000 in at the start of January. It didn't come off, its too uncertain. We are in this mess literally because of that gamble.

Its certainly not that Darlo haven't tried. We've lobbied our MP to raise the issue. We've brought in testing for our players to make playing safer for them. We just aren't treating the league with and us and them, haves and have nots attitude. If one club could go to the wall because of these loans its too many, I don't care if its us, Southport, Curzon etc. None of them battled to be called elite back in April and none of them would have started the season if they were told they would need to take trading loans to complete it.
Why be the first to put the vote of null and void into league.I don’t get it.Clubs are looking at alternative options to carry on.
Not saying Darlo were can’t remember but a lot of clubs used the lack of testing/cost and safety for a reason to stop playing?that obviously was a lie because that sorted.
Seen a piece today about guide to the return of fans being discussed mid feb,what happens if this is allowed after schools have returned and clubs have voted to end season.All that tells me is tin pot clubs that’s spent more than gate receipts because of generous loans can’t afford to restart even with fans and clubs near the bottom.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Why be the first to put the vote of null and void into league.I don’t get it.Clubs are looking at alternative options to carry on.
Not saying Darlo were can’t remember but a lot of clubs used the lack of testing/cost and safety for a reason to stop playing?that obviously was a lie because that sorted.
Seen a piece today about guide to the return of fans being discussed mid feb,what happens if this is allowed after schools have returned and clubs have voted to end season.All that tells me is tin pot clubs that’s spent more than gate receipts because of generous loans can’t afford to restart even with fans and clubs near the bottom.
Because all clubs voting one way or another as soon as possible brings certainty. Once we know what were doing either null and void or forced to play on we can make plans for it. Sitting on your hands hoping for something better is the worst of all situations. You might not like the result you get but atleast once you get it you can take the appropriate actions ASAP.

Again with this tin pot clubs bollocks. What is tin pot about a small community club wanting to survive? How tin pot are York losing millions for the last however many years and only going downwards. Stuck in this league for years with one of the biggest budgets and one of a select few with full time a side. You are sheltered from losses past and present by McGill And you'll hope when he moves on someone else will come in and spend their money so you don't have worry about cashflows or sustainability. I see Fylde are also singing a very different tune to the one they were supporting in April - AFC Fylde owner David Haythornthwaite calls for null and void season

And again you're gambling on 'ohh fans will be back in March or April or maybe May'. That gamble is what got us to this exact position. Why gamble again now many clubs are in an even worse position with no grants but loans instead? We were discussing Christmas with family in December then what happened. We were discussing the return of schools in January... then February half term, now it will be early March at best.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Chesterfield squad have apparantly been 'papped' queuing for the vaccine, shameless..
The Chesterfield Post managed to get the following quote from Scott Boden following the photo:

'Its great, because I've been furloughed I could get down here and queue up before most of the old folks were even out of bed'.

The report concluded its not yet clear how the British public will react to this news.

Darlofan97

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Chester have voted to null & void.

“bUt iT iS oNlY cLuBs iN tHe bOtToM hAlF”

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
As you might or might not know, the Hive is being used as a vaccination centre(as visited by Boris) and yesterday just before the close there were 52 vaccines left from non attendees. We did the RIGHT thing and gave them to the elderly and vulnerable. Now, all of Wealdstone's players, officials and supporters have been fully vaccinated.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
As you might or might not know, the Hive is being used as a vaccination centre(as visited by Boris) and yesterday just before the close there were 52 vaccines left from non attendees. We did the RIGHT thing and gave them to the elderly and vulnerable. Now, all of Wealdstone's players, officials and supporters have been fully vaccinated.
Good shot, sir

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone

Fake news, we're all in Broadmoor.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
We may have become non league’s villains in recent days, but once again our fans show their class by supporting the local medical centre and their no doubt exhausted employees that’s had dogs abuse as a result of our bitter Ex company Secretary spreading lies to the mainstream media..

Bravo to those involved in setting it up, suspect that figure will surpass the £1000 mark by the end of play today

8F611078-CDFC-4335-9A7D-396D6A9C6A2D.png

LongEatonPie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County, Long Eaton United
So Dover is off tomorrow....they have called off god knows how many games hmmmmm

Edit: yes i know its a pitch issue but...

doveranddover

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Think we've has 10 games postponed, not all at our end, but we've only played 2 less than you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!