Easter Monday: 18th March 2022

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
We were good in that first half, and actually did score. Second half completely different mind

very much so,

But if we were awarded a goal we’ve fairly scored then. it would have been different.

Heyho, shit happens.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Mellon booked, what a gobby tw#t
When the Exeter player doesn’t get booked for a high boot that caught Merrie in the head, then MM every right to be gobby when Nevitt is for a perfectly fair shoulder charge. Referee made some strange decisions generally today but at least not in a partisan way. Was expecting more from Exeter tbh, one of those days…?

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Entertaining game with both sides having plenty of chances, Mansfield better side before the goal and Carlisle better afterwards.

The goal not given in the first fucked us over but we didn’t do enough afterwards

We were abysmal second half, no chance we’re making the playoffs now.
Dont be daft 4 games left 3 at home give yersen a shake

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
When the Exeter player doesn’t get booked for a high boot that caught Merrie in the head, then MM every right to be gobby when Nevitt is for a perfectly fair shoulder charge. Referee made some strange decisions generally today but at least not in a partisan way. Was expecting more from Exeter tbh, one of those days…?
He had every right to go for that ball. Collins was the subject of a poor foul himself, ref didn't give out a yellow for that. Mellon kept on gobbling off at the ref even after he was booked, lucky not to be sent off.
You did a number on us today, well done, but let's face it it was hardly a classic

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
He had every right to go for that ball. Collins was the subject of a poor foul himself, ref didn't give out a yellow for that. Mellon kept on gobbling off at the ref even after he was booked, lucky not to be sent off.
You did a number on us today, well done, but let's face it it was hardly a classic
A high boot to the head is a bookable offence as a minimum, even if it is unintentional.

Kieron Morris was sent off for us a couple of weeks ago for a far more innocuous challenge.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
A high boot to the head is a bookable offence as a minimum, even if it is unintentional.

Kieron Morris was sent off for us a couple of weeks ago for a far more innocuous challenge.
It was waist high, he shouldn't have put his head that low.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Had some time to reflect on it.

Bad day at the office but only the second time we’ve felt this way in 20 games so have to take it in the chin and hopefully will tame the minds to make sure we get the job done.

Had the perfect start with Procs scoring and sending VP wild but probably was too early if that made sense, Wilo about to go clean through and gets taken out, Taylor hits the softest free kick you’ll see and within moments it’s 1-1, really poor defending from our point of view to get caught like that but credit the lad it was a good finish.

As the half wore on the game seemed to go into a lull after a crazy start but the referee was useless, didn’t stamp down on some of the flailing arms at all.

The pivotal point though was a corner, we switched completely off as they knock it short and the rest is just a complete mess, Oldham scored a similar one last week and lessons not learnt.

That seemed to kill the game really and despite hoping for one of those big second half performances but it never really came despite some huffing and puffing.

DJ though should do much better when clean through, keeper miles out his area, just knock it past and slot it home? Or get taken out and get him sent off? Shame it was DJ rather than Wilson or it’s 2-2 and we all go home happy.

Third goal meh, one of them when we are attacking so can’t really complain on that one.

Referee failed at any point to get to grips with their time wasting and was clueless, Garrity gets kicked in the head five minutes after a high foot is punished for Benning? Coutts pretty much refereed the game and he was very weak but didn’t really change the outcome.

Their passing was up there with Swindon as the best I’ve seen from an opposing side and we missed Walker or Pett to break it up which didn’t help, their fans were decent and it’s a shame after 10 minutes ours didn’t have much to sing about as it was buzzing to the wonder of you at the start etc.

8500 home fans was pleasing although seemed more! Frustratingly as usual we don’t give them the performance it needed.

Onto Walsall, still in our hands, must win and hopefully just a bad day at the office, we can’t afford any more now.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
It was nowhere near waist height.
We would have to disagree. Conmentators didn't see anything wrong with the challenge either, unlike the one on Collins when your bloke went through him.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Exeter were lucky their lad wasn’t sent off for pushing the ballboy. Beyond stupid that was.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Exeter were lucky their lad wasn’t sent off for pushing the ballboy. Beyond stupid that was.

There is a case for a red but I happen to think a yellow was right. The ball boy should have given him the ball, not rolled it away. There's too much of that going on in the game.
In his defence Diabate is a young lad, in his first season, and was asked to play on his wrong side and looked out of place. You did manage to make sure he was subbed off though with the booing. He probably won't play the next game.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Extremely hard fought win against Swindon, playing 60mins with ten men after Hector Kyprianou stupidly got himself sent off.

We got into Swindons box twice all game and scored, the moment in the second half when we got in their box to score from a long throw basically won us the game as it was literally backs to the wall and attack v defence for 60mins. Always thought despite Swindon struggling to find a way through they'd probably punish us at some point as we gradually tired. Vigs had to make 2 very good saves as well to win us the game.

Bodes well for us next year, hopefully we can win those sort of games next year.

Swindon I thought by their standards didn't play as well as I've seen them, the sending off meant they literally had to spend the whole game with the ball against a side with something to hang onto. On another day they'd probably have pinched a draw from that due to the sheer volume of possession and pressure they had, George Williams caused us alot of problems second half.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
There is a case for a red but I happen to think a yellow was right. The ball boy should have given him the ball, not rolled it away. There's too much of that going on in the game.
In his defence Diabate is a young lad, in his first season, and was asked to play on his wrong side and looked out of place. You did manage to make sure he was subbed off though with the booing. He probably won't play the next game.

The ballboy should have given it to him instead of rolling it on the floor granted but Diabete is a professional player and should know better regardless of age. May not be nice/fair but can understand our fans booing him. After all, he’s full on pushed the kid!

Probably best to sit him out a game you’re right and have it as a learning curve for the lad that will hopefully do him some good in the long run. Just shows how important the mental side of the game is.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Nope, Vale still faves as you have the points on the board.
Not sure how Barton celebrating a win triggers you but hey ho
You have a far easier run in...and we have a few injuries in key areas. I'd definitely make you favourites.

He just rubs me up in the wrong way. Typical scouser really, no class at all and you can tell by the way he leaps down the line like a hooligan. Daryl Clarke did it once when we won in the last minute by scoring 2 in short succession (something worthy of celebration) and he then apologised to the opposition manager for his reaction. I know who I would prefer in charge of my team.

Anyway, step too far for us today. We looked tired and our midfield was too lightweight due to injuries. With Pett or Walker in the defensive midfielder role we'd have had much more control. Credit to the players that they even made a fist of it in the second half. Just one of those frustrating days where nothing quite fell for us and the opposition played the shithousery to perfection to disrupt any flow.

We've had the worst season for injury that I can ever recall. Amazing really that we are where we are.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Capture.GIF

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Regardless of anything else definitely cannot fault the effort the team put in today. Combination of a good opponent and the amount they have put in previously to our streak I think it caught up with them slightly.

Credit to Rovers, got the win in a game where the fine margins decided it. One of them games where if Dan Jones effort was the other side of the post or if Benning scored from his chance I think we’d have maybe gone on to win it ourselves but it’s all guesswork. I know this doesn’t make for good headlines etc but I think the best thing Crosby can do with the squad is to say to them they have the next two days off to rest and pretty much do anything apart from football as I think some of them need it.

On a separate issue I hope the club review some of the operational side of things today in terms of accessing the stadium. There were huge queues to get into the Bycars after the game had started and it wasn’t because they had arrived late. If bigger crowds are to be the norm (which obviously would be a good thing) then we need to get that right to avoid putting any off in future.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The perfect away performance, really. We weren't that good in that we weren't playing free flowing attacking football, but as I said yesterday - the last 3/4 weeks we've learnt how to grind out results against top teams - today we were organised, strong and resilient and deserved our win on how we managed the game where I must say, Barton got it spot on today. In our last 3 games we've now taken 7 points from Tranmere (a), Salford (h) and Vale (a).

The referee was atrocious for both sides. Vale fans can moan, but as soon as we took the lead you didn't play as smart anymore and were desperate - your playing of the referee went out the window and went into our favour.

Credit to Vale, they're a good team. Seems like they had an off day today, but I also think some credit is due to ourselves for never really allowing them to get into a rhythm.

Onto FGR next, another massive game.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
The perfect away performance, really. We weren't that good in that we weren't playing free flowing attacking football, but as I said yesterday - the last 3/4 weeks we've learnt how to grind out results against top teams - today we were organised, strong and resilient and deserved our win on how we managed the game where I must say, Barton got it spot on today. In our last 3 games we've now taken 7 points from Tranmere (a), Salford (h) and Vale (a).

The referee was atrocious for both sides. Vale fans can moan, but as soon as we took the lead you didn't play as smart anymore and were desperate - your playing of the referee went out the window and went into our favour.

Credit to Vale, they're a good team. Seems like they had an off day today, but I also think some credit is due to ourselves for never really allowing them to get into a rhythm.

Onto FGR next, another massive game.

That ref should never have been appointed especially having done the first one. I think someone said it earlier in the thread but they’re bang on he wasn’t biased or anything like that but just completely out of his depth. Certainly wasn’t equipped to deal with an important game like this and two sets of supporters who were screaming blue murder at him at various points.

Regardless of that though think you looked a solid team defensively, moved it quite well and able to mix it physically. Won’t go too far wrong with that. Good luck in the remaining games though obviously I hope not as much as us.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That ref should never have been appointed especially having done the first one. I think someone said it earlier in the thread but they’re bang on he wasn’t biased or anything like that but just completely out of his depth. Certainly wasn’t equipped to deal with an important game like this and two sets of supporters who were screaming blue murder at him at various points.

Regardless of that though think you looked a solid team defensively, moved it quite well and able to mix it physically. Won’t go too far wrong with that. Good luck in the remaining games though obviously I hope not as much as us.
Wishing you well also, whoever goes us automatically/play offs, I certainly hope Rovers & Vale are the 2 to do it.

Forgot to mention in my previous post where you missed the 1-on-1. That counter attack was one of the best I've ever seen. If that was in the prem, they'd be banging on about the speed and accuracy for weeks

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You have a far easier run in...and we have a few injuries in key areas. I'd definitely make you favourites.

He just rubs me up in the wrong way. Typical scouser really, no class at all and you can tell by the way he leaps down the line like a hooligan. Daryl Clarke did it once when we won in the last minute by scoring 2 in short succession (something worthy of celebration) and he then apologised to the opposition manager for his reaction. I know who I would prefer in charge of my team.

Anyway, step too far for us today. We looked tired and our midfield was too lightweight due to injuries. With Pett or Walker in the defensive midfielder role we'd have had much more control. Credit to the players that they even made a fist of it in the second half. Just one of those frustrating days where nothing quite fell for us and the opposition played the shithousery to perfection to disrupt any flow.

We've had the worst season for injury that I can ever recall. Amazing really that we are where we are.
Just had a laugh at your post on your own forum (if you have the same username there?) blaming our time wasting and that we didn't play footy the right way, unlike Exeter.
Why don't you try blaming your own players who gave us something to protect. We all get injuries too, we've had 5 or so players out for the entire season.
Some of the fans on your forum are right belters

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Just turned out Carlisle first goal was offside too, not really spotted at the time, linesman in a great position aswell.
I did think at the time he looked slightly off. I also thought our one that was disallowed was onside, but haven’t seen it back.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just had a laugh at your post on your own forum (if you have the same username there?) blaming our time wasting and that we didn't play footy the right way, unlike Exeter.
Why don't you try blaming your own players who gave us something to protect. We all get injuries too, we've had 5 or so players out for the entire season.
The time wasting was ridiculous but if the referee is that weak you can get away with it then you’d do it wouldn’t you? The sub on a yellow the referee tells to go off the back of the pitch and he literally just refused and strolled to the half way line to go off at the corner, referee was crap and could tell he had the first tie and the pressure of that on his mind.

Was a poor decision to give him a reverse fixture after the events (both correct) in the first game. Coutts pretty much reffed it today.

Rovers lived on the edge with the cynical tackles on Wilson and the ones on Smith and Garrity but it’s league two not the champions league and sides are physical. Exeter are good at what they do, teams like Sutton are good at their style and Rovers there’s. Ultimately more than one way to skin a cat.

They play in the image of their manager.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A very streetwise bristol rovers team got a thoroughly deserved win today I thought.
Very good at footballing their way out of tight spots , and we could argue that our midfield is paper thin, and missing some key players , but even so I thought they were mightily impressive.
I wasn’t worried before the game of losing this, it’s still in our hands, but having witnessed that today I am now less convinced of our top three spot.
Great crowd, shame we didn’t produce for them.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We didn't deserve anything out of the game today. We didn't do enough with a second choice midfield and it showed. You did time waste quite significantly but the ref allowed you to. The keeper didn't even try to disguise it and even when told, he continued to with the knowledge that nothing would be done about it. Coutts played how his manager played, constantly in the refs ear and he basically refereed the game. I don't think it affected the result but momentum is a big thing and the stop start nature of the second half meant we couldn't get any. We were getting quite good at shithousery but we seem to have gone nice again. If the ref allows it, we should really do more.

I was simply pointing out that Exeter were a better footballing team, which they were! Like others have said, more than one way to skin a cat. Barton has formed a team in his own image....fair play it is obviously working but it doesn't mean that I should like it. He's not someone I would want associated with my club but I guess you'll be happy if he does the business. He's still an absolute abomination of a human being though.

Our injuries have been ridiculous....we had no fit strikers when we played you at your place and that lasted for about 7 games. We've had our best player out for a large chunk of the season, our second best player out for large chunks of the season and now we have both our defensive midfielders out, which is integral to the way we play. Yes, all teams have injuries but ours have affected all our best players. We've worked miracles to be in 3rd to be honest.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A very streetwise bristol rovers team got a thoroughly deserved win today I thought.
Very good at footballing their way out of tight spots , and we could argue that our midfield is paper thin, and missing some key players , but even so I thought they were mightily impressive.
I wasn’t worried before the game of losing this, it’s still in our hands, but having witnessed that today I am now less convinced of our top three spot.
Great crowd, shame we didn’t produce for them.
I think with Walker in there it's a different game. They were able to transition through the thirds quite easily first half and play the triangles because nobody was there to put a foot in.

Having said that, they looked fresher than us, which is understandable considering a few of our team are either playing with niggles or have only just returned.

Taylor was a mistake as a defensive midfielder...he's got nowhere near the presence and it was obvious that he would be outmuscled. Jones was even worse when he came on!

Those Walker and Pett injuries have come at the wrong time. You can get away with a lightweight midfield against some of the poorer sides but against a streetwise team like Rovers then you are going to struggle. The only reason we got any foothold in the second half was through sheer hard work and determination and the fact that they weren't interested in a football match second half, we were on our knees at the end and hence conceded a 3rd.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We didn't deserve anything out of the game today. We didn't do enough with a second choice midfield and it showed. You did time waste quite significantly but the ref allowed you to. The keeper didn't even try to disguise it and even when told, he continued to with the knowledge that nothing would be done about it. Coutts played how his manager played, constantly in the refs ear and he basically refereed the game. I don't think it affected the result but momentum is a big thing and the stop start nature of the second half meant we couldn't get any. We were getting quite good at shithousery but we seem to have gone nice again. If the ref allows it, we should really do more.

I was simply pointing out that Exeter were a better footballing team, which they were! Like others have said, more than one way to skin a cat. Barton has formed a team in his own image....fair play it is obviously working but it doesn't mean that I should like it. He's not someone I would want associated with my club but I guess you'll be happy if he does the business. He's still an absolute abomination of a human being though.

Our injuries have been ridiculous....we had no fit strikers when we played you at your place and that lasted for about 7 games. We've had our best player out for a large chunk of the season, our second best player out for large chunks of the season and now we have both our defensive midfielders out, which is integral to the way we play. Yes, all teams have injuries but ours have affected all our best players. We've worked miracles to be in 3rd to be honest.
But you make it sound like we don't play any football and have little ability so resort to dark arts. The fact is we are a very good fit passing team with some exciting players, but lack the cutting edge in the final 3rd to finish a lot of teams off, otherwise we'd be up with FGR.
For all this talk of being dirty thugs taking after our manager, you gave away 16 fouls to our 7, meaning we only gave away one foul in the whole of the 2nd half as we were on 6 at half time. You did exactly the same in the ear of the ref in the first game too.
Show me a winning side that doesn't time waste at the end of games, Carlisle did it to use recently, it wasn't so long ago some of our fans were worried about relegation. Simple way to stop opposition teams time wasting is to be ahead.
We had players playing today who are coming back from injury too such as Evans, Anderton and Grant. We still have long term injured players such as Leon Clarke, Junior Brown, Jon Nolan, Alfie Kilgour, Anssi Jaakkola and Alex Rodman.
You had the same team out for recent games and havent done too badly looking at the form table?

Last edited:

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
But you make it sound like we don't play any football and have little ability so resort to dark arts. The fact is we are a very good fit passing team with some exciting players, but lack the cutting edge in the final 3rd to finish a lot of teams off, otherwise we'd be up with FGR.
For all this talk of being dirty thugs taking after our manager, you gave away 16 fouls to our 7, meaning we only gave away one foul in the whole of the 2nd half as we were on 6 at half time. You did exactly the same in the ear of the ref in the first game too.
Show me a winning side that doesn't time waste at the end of games, Carlisle did it to use recently, it wasn't so long ago some of our fans were worried about relegation. Simple way to stop opposition teams time wasting is to be ahead.
We had players playing today who are coming back from injury too such as Evans, Anderton and Grant. We still have long term injured players such as Leon Clarke, Junior Brown, Jon Nolan, Alfie Kilgour, Anssi Jaakkola and Alex Rodman.
You had the same team out for recent games and havent done too badly looking at the form table?
Thought you played out of tight spots well in the first half. Thought you didn't play anything in the second half. I don't think I mentioned fouls (although there were a couple of borderline challenges first half), it was the consistent time wasting to the point of ruining the game that was annoying. Like others have said though, the referee allowed you to get away with it so why wouldn't you? We gave away a lot of those 'breathe on the back and fall over ' fouls second half...the sort that this sort of ref was bound to give. As I said, fair play, it worked out for you.

We were missing one key element today...a defensive midfielder who has appeared in our previous 5. It's fundamental to our formation and it showed.

We got bullied today no doubt about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!