Easter Monday: 18th March 2022

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I’m delighted with the Carlisle result given how it helps our playoff chances but if I was a Mansfield fan I’d be absolutely raging with that officiating today. Shocking decision.
Yeah but then if they should have had a goal that crossed the line, you can also argue we should have had a second that was ruled out for offside, which doesn't look offside and then came off a Mansfield player in any case. Mansfield were better in the second half at the time their goal was ruled out but we probably deserved the win on chances today as we saw another two or three pushed onto the woodwork by the Mansfield keeper so while it doesn't look great on the officials so have missed so much, it's probably a moot point when it comes to the result.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Sooner the seasons over the better. Big summer needed for next year.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Hopeless second half from us, Rochdale deserved winners there.
Yeah we just came out and stopped playing. No desire to put 90 minute performances in and it's been a trend a while. Are we bottom of the form table now? Shit way to finish the season.

Hard sell to the players to go out and perform mind when the club have let players go just to save a few quid once they knew we werent going anywhere. It's probably also the case that a few just don't want to be out there as well.

Uncle Pastuzo

Reaction score
Supports
Newport
All that possession counts for nothing if your players are as easily brushed off as we were where it really matters. If you picked the best 11 on the pitch they would nearly all be Sutton players - if you look at how effectively they did what they were there to do. Two good saves by Bouzanis early on but after that, no threat.

Subs were left far too late. No-one expects Ellison to do a full shift but no point having him on the bench unless he's good for half an hour. Second half stoppage time seemed much too short.

Without major surgery next season could be a struggle.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Sooner the seasons over the better. Big summer needed for next year.

You must be happy with your season overall though?

I seem to recall you were in disarray pre season after your play off win, and were one of the favourites to go down.

I've said it more than once on here, on the night, you were far the best team I've seen at Valley Parade this season with terrific support.

Now you have established yourself back in the Football League, can you now go on and push for the play offs next season?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Having watched it back it’s absolutely astonishing that a paid official could be so incompetent.

Missed a blatant goal but then conveniently misses Carlisles offside goal. good grief.

Such shambolic officiating at times.

I mean mansfield were poor but the officials beat us yesterday sadly. bottlejob fc back at it again.

Last edited:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Having watched it back it’s absolutely astonishing that a paid official could be so incompetent.

Missed a blatant goal but then conveniently misses Carlisles offside goal. good grief.

Such shambolic officiating at times.

I mean mansfield were poor but the officials beat us yesterday sadly.
You forgot the onside goal he ruled out for us as well. So that’s 3 howlers from him, but there were probably more. Worst linesman I’ve seen.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
You forgot the onside goal he ruled out for us as well. So that’s 3 howlers from him, but there were probably more. Worst linesman I’ve seen.

No arguments with carlisle once the forward for the goal we were done (quite a handy player) we were done, but yeah good lord he was hopeless.

We get to easter and fall apart

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I seem to recall you were in disarray pre season after your play off win, and were one of the favourites to go down.

I've said it more than once on here, on the night, you were far the best team I've seen at Valley Parade this season with terrific support.

Now you have established yourself back in the Football League, can you now go on and push for the play offs next season?

It's been a good first season back and we've made some decent dosh on a pair of good cup runs this season it's just ending with a whimper, think it's 2 wins in 12 now, we harvested our squad in January, sold/released players and brought in loans and now can only manage to fill 5 spots on the bench, it's sounding increasingly likely through drip feed comments from the management that our best players are off (Molyneux, Odusina, Ferguson) so it'll have to be a rebuild again, only advantage is we have time to actually get it done as opposed to this season were we had a few weeks to cobble a team together.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Extremely hard fought win against Swindon, playing 60mins with ten men after Hector Kyprianou stupidly got himself sent off.

We got into Swindons box twice all game and scored, the moment in the second half when we got in their box to score from a long throw basically won us the game as it was literally backs to the wall and attack v defence for 60mins. Always thought despite Swindon struggling to find a way through they'd probably punish us at some point as we gradually tired. Vigs had to make 2 very good saves as well to win us the game.

Bodes well for us next year, hopefully we can win those sort of games next year.

Swindon I thought by their standards didn't play as well as I've seen them, the sending off meant they literally had to spend the whole game with the ball against a side with something to hang onto. On another day they'd probably have pinched a draw from that due to the sheer volume of possession and pressure they had, George Williams caused us alot of problems second half.

Good, fair analysis, don't disagree with any of that. (Jonny rather than George Williams mind) I think disjointed sums our season up really and we were very disjointed yesterday after your red card. Our home form has killed us this season and with the top players (Payne, Reed etc) almost certainly leaving we'll be rebuilding again next season. At least we'll have more time to get organised and have a proper pre-season etc but given how favourable our run in was, to only have a miniscule chance of getting into the play offs seems a waste.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Yeah but then if they should have had a goal that crossed the line, you can also argue we should have had a second that was ruled out for offside, which doesn't look offside and then came off a Mansfield player in any case. Mansfield were better in the second half at the time their goal was ruled out but we probably deserved the win on chances today as we saw another two or three pushed onto the woodwork by the Mansfield keeper so while it doesn't look great on the officials so have missed so much, it's probably a moot point when it comes to the result.

Look we were not good enough in that second half once you scored, but how can our goal being wrongly disallowed and your goal being wrongly given be a ‘moot point’

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Look we were not good enough in that second half once you scored, but how can our goal being wrongly disallowed and your goal being wrongly given be a ‘moot point’
Our goal wasn't wrongly given, I presume you think that Patrick was offside when the ball was played to him but it's pretty obvious he isn't.

The 'moot point' you speak of is saying Mansfield should have had a goal given that was disallowed when we should also have had a goal given that was disallowed. Either both officiating errors are corrected and the true result should have been 2-1 to Carlisle or neither are corrected are Carlisle win 1-0. Seems Mansfield fans think that only errors that went against them should be corrected

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Our goal wasn't wrongly given, I presume you think that Patrick was offside when the ball was played to him but it's pretty obvious he isn't.

The 'moot point' you speak of is saying Mansfield should have had a goal given that was disallowed when we should also have had a goal given that was disallowed. Either both officiating errors are corrected and the true result should have been 2-1 to Carlisle or neither are corrected are Carlisle win 1-0. Seems Mansfield fans think that only errors that went against them should be corrected

well as your goal was offside, and our goal was a goal, that would have made it 1-0 to us before your disallowed goal so therefore 1-1.

Again no bones with carlisle on it, they can’t do anything about inept officials.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
well as your goal was offside, and our goal was a goal, that would have made it 1-0 to us before your disallowed goal so therefore 1-1.

Again no bones with carlisle on it, they can’t do anything about inept officials.
we obviously I disagree with that so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Thought you played out of tight spots well in the first half. Thought you didn't play anything in the second half. I don't think I mentioned fouls (although there were a couple of borderline challenges first half), it was the consistent time wasting to the point of ruining the game that was annoying. Like others have said though, the referee allowed you to get away with it so why wouldn't you? We gave away a lot of those 'breathe on the back and fall over ' fouls second half...the sort that this sort of ref was bound to give. As I said, fair play, it worked out for you.

We were missing one key element today...a defensive midfielder who has appeared in our previous 5. It's fundamental to our formation and it showed.

We got bullied today no doubt about it.
"One positive is that Bristol players all had an 8 out of 10 game, whereas we had 4 or 5 5/10 performances, yet still remained competitive. That was their absolute maximum in terms of level and it was just good enough to beat us on the day"

You seem to show a lot more sour grapes on your own forum :fl: but more balanced here?
How would you know that was our maximum level? A few of ours had off days including Evans, Grant and Collins. We have actually played better and not won this season.
For all your fans complaining about Coutts, he is exactly what every team needs in this league and probably the key part of our turnaround since December/new years.
You also say on your forum only Vale tried to play football but I only saw ourselves doing that. Vale seemed to want to rely on long throws, corners and conceding a lot of niggly fouls.
IMO the only 2 Vale players that would get into our team are your two strikers and that's only because we don't have any.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
"One positive is that Bristol players all had an 8 out of 10 game, whereas we had 4 or 5 5/10 performances, yet still remained competitive. That was their absolute maximum in terms of level and it was just good enough to beat us on the day"

You seem to show a lot more sour grapes on your own forum :fl: but more balanced here?
How would you know that was our maximum level? A few of ours had off days including Evans, Grant and Collins. We have actually played better and not won this season.
For all your fans complaining about Coutts, he is exactly what every team needs in this league and probably the key part of our turnaround since December/new years.
You also say on your forum only Vale tried to play football but I only saw ourselves doing that. Vale seemed to want to rely on long throws, corners and conceding a lot of niggly fouls.
IMO the only 2 Vale players that would get into our team are your two strikers and that's only because we don't have any.
To be fair come the end of the season there will be probably 1 or 2 points between us either way so I can't say i'd swap any of ours out, its two fairly evenly matched sides and that will be proven no doubt come May.

I thought both sides played some good stuff personally though at times both resorted to the longer game as it became more tense.

Coutts is a shithouse but agree, if he is on your team you'd love it, if say Smith was doing it yesterday you'd probably moan about it, one of those, if it wasn't the referee from the first game mind he walks by half time yesterday, the tackle after 3 minutes on Garrity was bad enough to warrant a yellow and the one on Smith was naughty and probably "an orange" in terms of carding but with Barton in his ear after the first game it wasn't going to happen (that said we got away with one against Oldham so one of those).

Apparently Barton was screaming about the first goal at the referee as they came off for half time but then apologised after seeing the video back that it was onside.

We've been decent at the darker arts this season but yesterday we didn't do it enough, we've gone a bit "too nice" again but with how weak he was Rovers played him like a fiddle and fair play we didn't so cant complain about that when the opportunity is there.

As for us it was an off day and having no defensive midfielder against a decent side proved too much but in context second loss in nearly half a season and still in a great position.

Good luck Rovers and hope two good clubs are both locking horns again next season in League One.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

You've got a nasty habit of reading what you want to see. I said Rovers played well out of some tight spots in the first half but second half they weren't interested in playing....that's true. I don't recall any intent to play football but a lot of intent to disrupt and waste time. All teams do it of course, including us, but this was Stevenage level gamesmanship.

I would suggest that a 3-1 victory at one of your closest rivals in the league is performing to your maximum. I didn't think any of your team were less than 7/10 whereas we had a few 5's. To continue to be in the game, even at a lower level of performance, gives me hope.

Coutts is exactly what you need in those sort of games. He had the ref in his pocket, even to the point where he was told to leave the pitch behind the goal but said no and proceeded to amble to the halfway line. A direct contravention of an order from the ref should have seen him sent off but the ref basically held his hand on the way off.

Again, just to reiterate plainly....we didn't deserve to win the game and we didn't really do enough for a draw. Too many touches required round the box and nothing bounced our way or fell for us. A couple of excellent blocks from your defenders and your keeper playing like a sweeper pretty much snuffed most things out.

You were down in the lower reaches of the league before Christmas for a reason, so you won't have become world beaters overnight. You play to your strengths, robust challenges, closing down quickly and you made the most of the limited chances. You're on a roll and it showed.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

On the tv coverage it didn’t look offside, but from the wide cam from the west side of the stadium he does look offside.

1650378553802.jpeg

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
On the tv coverage it didn’t look offside, but from the wide cam from the west side of the stadium he does look offside.

View attachment 17086
It really doesn,t matter the ref and lino gave it nothing will change they will probably start pinching the very few decent ones for the wimmins fitba :)

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Yeah 100% with the quick turnaround we had in the summer and our first season back in the football league, survival was the aim. We have that, plus fa cup 4th round and semi final of the pizza cup bringing in some money along the way. Especially considering our manager left half way through.

It’s just the way the seasons winding down that’s disappointing. Half arsed performances, poor results, and like has been mentioned key players look to be on their way elsewhere.

Summer is massive to see if we have any ambition whatsoever.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

It was offside, so everything else you wrote does not stack up mate.

I’m equally annoyed at how wasteful we were, I think we were the better side untill you scored and we rode our luck to not be out the game earlier, but we were done over big time by the officials - it can’t hurt that much to say it surely?

I just hope our players can put it behind them and finish the season strongly now, maybe the shocking decisions can be evened up in these last few games :lol:

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Wishing you well also, whoever goes us automatically/play offs, I certainly hope Rovers & Vale are the 2 to do it.

Forgot to mention in my previous post where you missed the 1-on-1. That counter attack was one of the best I've ever seen. If that was in the prem, they'd be banging on about the speed and accuracy for weeks

I have since watched back the highlights and you're right, that was a pretty sweet looking move which didn't really appreciate at the time as was more cursing the fact we'd missed it. Fantastic technique from Wilson particularly. In games like that you're looking at a few key moments. Vale level it there and I think it suddenly gives the game a very different context.

Would also say the goals you scored were really good quality. I was critical of us on the second one yesterday but in retrospect that is a fantastic ball to put into the box. Jake Taylor should be a little disappointed with giving the ball away on your equaliser but a great finish and the third one I'm not too bothered about as it was a breakaway but Loft finished it very well. Either way having thought about it am not especially downhearted about it, just a case of on to the next game.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

View attachment 17086
Difficult though to freeze-frame it though at the point where the ball is kicked. Patrick is initially offside but takes a step towards the centre-line as the Mansfield defender is backing towards the goal, and at some point the ball leaves Devine's boot. Maybe Patrick was offside but I don't think the Mansfield fans can feel as aggrieved by the decision going against them as they seem to.

The one that was over the line, no arguments about that, so they certainly can feel aggrieved but it seems from looking at Stagsnet that following that moment they've viewed every other decision with yellow-tinted spectacles. Don't blame them though I'm happy to just agree to disagree.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Nothing about it is difficult, he was offside, and putting ya noggin in the sand isn’t going to change that, no need to do it anyway you bloody won.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
so you do agree? hah.

Either way shift happens
We had shit happen in our game at Salford too. Barrow's social media team video matches for a feature they put out and have an angle that clearly shows the 89th min equaliser didn't cross the line. However it didn't cross the line because it hit a Barrow arm. The ref "guessed" as to whether it was over or not. Brown said in his after match video the ref had said if he thought it wasn't over the line it would have been a red card and penalty. Brown also said if it was hand ball he would have preferred the ref to give the red card and penalty as at least we would then have had a chance to save the penalty......

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

More or less but recent results have been dire. Just think as a club we've missed that bit of momentum that promoted clubs have through underspending, poor marketing and general off-field disorganisation.

Lee has done a steady job since Challinor left. I'm not overly convinced by him yet but he deserves time and a proper budget. We've had a fair bit of income this year so no excuses.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
We had shit happen in our game at Salford too. Barrow's social media team video matches for a feature they put out and have an angle that clearly shows the 89th min equaliser didn't cross the line. However it didn't cross the line because it hit a Barrow arm. The ref "guessed" as to whether it was over or not. Brown said in his after match video the ref had said if he thought it wasn't over the line it would have been a red card and penalty. Brown also said if it was hand ball he would have preferred the ref to give the red card and penalty as at least we would then have had a chance to save the penalty......

I haven't heard the interview or any inside comment but the linesman definitely gave it right away and nodded to the ref. Although everyone was saying it hadn't crossed the line, I think it probably had - the lino was well placed and very sure.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I haven't heard the interview or any inside comment but the linesman definitely gave it right away and nodded to the ref. Although everyone was saying it hadn't crossed the line, I think it probably had - the lino was well placed and very sure.
A pity that Lino wasn’t at Carlisle yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!