Evo-Stik North Prem

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Haven't seen a thread for this division around so i thought I might as well start one as a place to update transfers, fixtures, results, league tables and general thoughts.

looks like it will be a competitive division this year FC United and Curzon have moved on but replaced by two very strong sides in Salford and Darlo (no disrespect intended to the southern evo stik just have no knowledge of the teams in that side).

I know we have strengthed our squad over the summer with some great additions. I think Phil Turnbull may be the signing of the summer for our division. But Salford have also been quick to strengthen.

I think the top 5 will be fought out by Salford, Darlo, Workington, Ashton, Blyth and Ilkeston.

I think we will finish top 5 this season. If we could manage that with a decent run in one of the FA competitions to raise some funds towards our ground move, as well as completing our move back to Darlo it could be seen as a highly successful season. With or without promotion.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
It seems that non-league right the way down to Step 5 is getting stronger every year.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
It seems that non-league right the way down to Step 5 is getting stronger every year.

Completely agree with you. I think it might be because of the fact that not many L2 / conference clubs are offering more than 1+1 year contracts. A lot of good players can have a lot more security with a well paid secure day job and top up from P/T football. Turnbull for us being a great example. Think he is only around 28 and Gateshead wanted to keep him but gave up F/T at Gateshead to take up a role as a PE teacher and play P/T for us.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Frustratingly and for no apparent reason we don't kick off till next weekend, but here are the opening weekend fixtures for anyone interested.

PREMIER DIVISION
 15:00
Ashton United vs Mickleover Sports

Barwell vs Blyth Spartans

Buxton vs Darlington 1883

Frickley Athletic vs Matlock Town

Halesowen Town vs Colwyn Bay

Hyde United vs Grantham Town

Ilkeston FC vs Skelmersdale United

Nantwich Town vs Stamford

Rushall Olympic vs Ramsbottom United

Salford City vs Marine

Whitby Town vs Stourbridge

Workington vs Sutton Coldfield Town

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Good luck for this upcoming season Darlo.

Only a matter of time before you are back where you belong. Have some fond memories of matches vs Darlington so look forward meeting again (hopefully in a higher division than Conf North though!)

ArmchairDiehard

Glory Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I too would settle for a top five place this season. Five years is a long time, but if we could be back in the Conference in that timescale I'd be fairly happy.

Our main concern at the moment is moving back 'home'. Despite us being successful, crowds are slowly dropping and will continue to drop the longer we are out of town.

richo1uk

Reaction score
Supports
hartlepool
our problem up north east mat is the bloody so called big 3
too many plastic mags smoggs and makems
why they can's support the team were they live is beyond me

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
our problem up north east mat is the bloody so called big 3
too many plastic mags smoggs and makems
why they can's support the team were they live is beyond me

I agree. I almost think its a question of plastic supporters no matter who they follow. Been to a number of Darlo games where I've got chatting to people who are Newcastle or Sunderland or Boro season ticket holders but with their team being away from home they thought they'd come watch a live game. Whereas i can think of plenty of people i know who say they follow football and one of the NE big 3 but who's idea of a good Saturday is when one of their teams is chosen to play on Sky or BT. Madness to me.
Too many people think as soon as you're below the championship it becomes a pub league.

As for Pools its good to see a bit of stability coming back in to thing. Ronnie Moore is a top manager to have in the bottom 2 divisions. Just hoping we can get a bit lucky with an FA cup 1st round draw against you. That might help swell our coffers a little

richo1uk

Reaction score
Supports
hartlepool
the problems lye at the top
most cash from tv etc finds its way to the prem
after the remaining bit gets shared down the leagues there is next to nowt for the grass roots
these plastic fans (note I never called them supporters) are helping kill their home town clubs

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
I too would settle for a top five place this season. Five years is a long time, but if we could be back in the Conference in that timescale I'd be fairly happy.

Our main concern at the moment is moving back 'home'. Despite us being successful, crowds are slowly dropping and will continue to drop the longer we are out of town.
Whats going on with you moving back home. Did some searching but couldn't find any concrete info.

Are you still moving to Blackwell Meadows? If so, when?

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Whats going on with you moving back home. Did some searching but couldn't find any concrete info.

Are you still moving to Blackwell Meadows? If so, when?

Frustrating times with the move atm. Heads of terms were agreed but the rugby club then elected new members to their board at their AGM. Currently Negotiations are currently stalled as both parties have not fully agreed on all the commercial and practical arangements for the ground share at BM. Subsequently both parties have accused the other of walking away from negotiations. Very frustrating and fuels a lot of unhelpful speculation on both sides. But its understandable neither party can sign a deal they aren't happy with. Especially us considering we'd be investing substantial amounts into the facilities there.

Unfortunately we have no time scales on when we could be back in the town currently.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Thats a shame. Hopefully things can get sorted and you can get home as soon as possible.

richo1uk

Reaction score
Supports
hartlepool
Mr Sparrow please don't think I'm having a go at non league fans
the term plastic fan means for example a fan that supports a team were he not from just like most manure fans

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Good signing for Ilkeston. Might be kicking on in years now but he's always known where the goal was im sure if he's fit he'll be troubling the top scorers charts at the end of the season

AndyPark

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Karl Hawley is a brilliant signing for this level. He was on fire when he played for Carlisle years ago.

Last I knew, he was at Alfreton? How come he's left.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Karl Hawley is a brilliant signing for this level. He was on fire when he played for Carlisle years ago.

Because he was shite. A Journeyman not interested in the club and there for the money.

We got rid of all of last seasons dead wood during the summer as much of them didnt fit in with our new policy of signings youngsters and develop them.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds

I remember looking at his career when he signed for Alfreton because I remember him playing for Carlisle at the time. Turns out Carlisle has been the only place he's had a decent record. That speaks to either a long (and therefore unlikely) purple patch or a difficult player to use correctly whether that comes down to playing style of attitude (as DSL alludes to).

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Ashton United 0 - 0 Mickleover Sports Att. 126

Barwell 0 - 1 Blyth Spartans Att. 227

Buxton 2 - 0 Darlington 1883 Att. 708

Frickley Athletic 1 - 2 Matlock Town Att. 236

Halesowen Town 1 - 0 Colwyn Bay Att. 471

Hyde United 2 - 2 Grantham Town Att. 509

Ilkeston FC 1 - 3 Skelmersdale United Att. 505

Nantwich Town 6 - 3 Stamford Att. 302

Rushall Olympic 2 - 0 Ramsbottom United Att. 237

Salford City 0 - 0 Marine Att. 518

Whitby Town 4 - 0 Stourbridge Att. 241

Workington 1 - 1 Sutton Coldfield Town Att. 488

Results from the opening weekend. On a personal note for us its a disappointing way to start, but Buxton got over 70 points in this league last year so in reality it was always going to be a tough opening game. Both their goals came from free headers from set pieces so its not as if we were outplayed and other than that it seems we competed very well. Its going to be key for us to get our strikers back from injury quickly as I think its going to be a physical league and we'll need them to compete. All in all its not the result we wanted on the opening day but there are 45 games to go and I think we have enough in the squad to be challenging at the top end of the league. there's a full set of fixtures on Tuesday so the players have a chance to turn things around from today quickly. Still feeling positive about the season ahead. Up the Quakers

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Great win for Nantwich winning 6-3 after being 2-0 down aswell. Hope they have a decent season, got friends and family that watch them home and away.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
 19:45 Blyth Spartans vs Whitby Town

 19:45 Colwyn Bay vs Hyde United

 19:45 Darlington 1883 vs Frickley Athletic

 19:45 Grantham Town vs Ilkeston FC

 19:45 Marine vs Ashton United

 19:45 Matlock Town vs Salford City

 19:45 Mickleover Sports vs Halesowen Town

 19:45 Ramsbottom United vs Buxton

 19:45 Skelmersdale United vs Workington

 19:45 Stamford vs Rushall Olympic

 19:45 Sutton Coldfield Town vs Barwell

2nd round of fixtures in the evo-stik premier north this evening. Hoping for our first 3 points of the season this evening. Bad defending from set pieces was what cost us the points at Buxton but hopefully we ill have learned our lesson and can have a little bit more creativity and variety in front of goal. Hoping that the fans come out and support the team for the first home game, is a Tuesday night though. Hopefully circa. 1000 will be out to watch the lads get our first points of the season.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Blyth Spartans 3 - 2 Whitby Town Att. 403

Colwyn Bay 2 - 0 Hyde United Att. 214

Darlington 1883 3 - 0 Frickley Athletic Att. 908

Grantham Town 1 - 2 Ilkeston FC Att. 228

Marine 0 - 0 Ashton United Att. 294

Matlock Town 1 - 2 Salford City Att. 344

Mickleover Sports 2 - 0 Halesowen Town Att. 208

Ramsbottom United 0 - 1 Buxton Att. 209

Skelmersdale United 2 - 0 Workington Att. 217

Att. 489 Stamford 2 - 3 Rushall Olympic

Sutton Coldfield Town 1 - 5 Barwell Att. 148

Great win for us last night a really solid performance, good to get the clean sheet and the goals came from a CF, a CM and a CB so good to get goals from all around the team. Another big positive for us was Armstrong our CF getting 60 mins on the pitch great for his match fitness after a freak injury at the end of last season that required surgery. From the looks of this division it seems more physical and quicker than division 1. There will be 2 or 3 players in each team who can really hurt you if you let them play. Really looking forward to the challenge and hopefully the players can continue with the success we've had over the last 3 seasons. The crowd was fairly good, it was an awful rainy night up in the north east so 900 out watching us was good. I'm sure this weekend we will be back around the 1,300-1,400 mark when we play Barwell on saturday. Really need to be back in town soon though could easily add 3-400 onto those gates if we were just back in Darlo.

As for the division as a whole, too early to tell too much about the team. Although i think Rushall Olympic look a dangerous team 2 wins and 5 goals in 2 games is pretty impressive.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
15:00

Blyth Spartans vs Buxton

Colwyn Bay vs Ilkeston FC

Darlington vs Barwell

Grantham Town vs Rushall Olympic

Marine vs Nantwich Town

Matlock Town vs Whitby Town

Mickleover Sports vs Salford City

Ramsbottom United vs Hyde United

Skelmersdale United vs Halesowen Town

Stamford vs Ashton United

Stourbridge vs Workington

Sutton Coldfield Town vs Frickley Athletic

Its another tough fixture Barwell are apparently a big physical team and they'll be tough to beat. We're not quite as big physically as we have been in previous seasons but we certainly have the footballers in the squad to give anyone a game at this level. Its another test but we have to beat good teams if we want to be up there at the end of the season. Our home form has always been good so hopefully we can keep that going. 6 points from 3 games would be a decent start in a new league where the level is certainly higher.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Results from yesterday:

Att. 546 Blyth Spartans 1 - 0 Buxton

Att. 300 Colwyn Bay 0 - 2 Ilkeston FC

Att. 1243 Darlington 3 - 1 Barwell

Att. 170 Grantham Town 2 - 2 Rushall Olympic

Att. 345 Marine 1 - 2 Nantwich Town

Att. 256 Matlock Town 1 - 0 Whitby Town

Att. 210 Mickleover Sports 1 - 2 Salford City

Att. 353 Ramsbottom United 1 - 4 Hyde United

Att. 248 Skelmersdale United 1 - 0 Halesowen Town

Att. 255 Stamford 3 - 4 Ashton United

Att. 415 Stourbridge 0 - 0 Workington

Att. 132 Sutton Coldfield Town 2 - 2 Frickley Athletic

another good result for us against a Barwell team who were big and came with a game plan to disrupt our rhythm. But we certainly have goal scorers in Armstrong and Cartman so if the defense cant keep solid we'll certainly win more than we'll lose. 6 points in our first 3 games is a good return especially in a new league where the standard does seem to be higher in terms of organisation and physicality. We have a tough next 3 games though:
- Workington (a) -who finished second last season.
- Colwyn Bay (a) - one of our longest away trips of the season and freshly relegated from the conf north.
Blyth Spartans (h) - who have started with 3 wins out of 3.

I think after these game we'll have a clear indication of where we stand in this league regarding challenging the top sides. Lookingat our atattendance figure and Blyths that game on bank holiday monday could certainly bring in 1,600 fans which would be fantastic for this level and keeping in mind this is our 4th year playing out of town.

Looking at other results in the division Blyth and Skelm have both started well. Salford are unbeaten and adapting well to the new league. Though with the resources at their disposal thats to be expected. And Lee Hughes scored again for Ilkeston, very unpleasant man but certainly showing he knows where the goal is.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Ashton United vs Blyth Spartans

Barwell vs Grantham Town

Buxton vs Skelmersdale United

Frickley Athletic vs Mickleover Sports

Halesowen Town vs Stamford

Nantwich Town vs Sutton Coldfield Town

Rushall Olympic vs Matlock Town

Salford City vs Colwyn Bay

Workington vs Darlington 1883

This evenings fixtures. A very tough game for us this evening away at Workington, even if they have had a poor start they finished second last season and certainly wont be an easy game. But we've had two good wins at home this week and confidence should be high. Hoping for a good win tonight with tough games against Colwyn Bay (a) and Blyth Spartans (h) to finish off August.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Att. 163 Ashton United 0 - 2 Blyth Spartans

Att. 207 Barwell 3 - 1 Grantham Town

Att. 205 Buxton 2 - 1 Skelmersdale United

Att. 179 Frickley Athletic 2 - 0 Mickleover Sports

Att. 262 Halesowen Town 1 - 3 Stamford

Nantwich Town 4 - 1 Sutton Coldfield Town

Att. 181 Rushall Olympic 2 - 3 Matlock Town

Att. 461 Salford City 2 - 2 Colwyn Bay

Att. 684 Workington 2 - 1 Darlington

Slightly disappointed with last night. Workington was always going to be a tough place to go but from the sounds of it a draw would have been a fair result. Unfortunately at 1-1 we pushed on in the last 10 minutes and got caught on the counter attack with a fantastic finish from their lad. Good attendance for a Tuesday night I'm told there were a few hundred darlo there. On to the next game now. A very long trip to North Wales on Saturday to face Colwyn Bay. This league is certainly a step up but it think after a little acclimatizing we can be pushing for the top 5.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Att. 163 Ashton United 0 - 2 Blyth Spartans

Att. 207 Barwell 3 - 1 Grantham Town

Att. 205 Buxton 2 - 1 Skelmersdale United

Att. 179 Frickley Athletic 2 - 0 Mickleover Sports

Att. 262 Halesowen Town 1 - 3 Stamford

Nantwich Town 4 - 1 Sutton Coldfield Town

Att. 181 Rushall Olympic 2 - 3 Matlock Town

Att. 461 Salford City 2 - 2 Colwyn Bay

Att. 684 Workington 2 - 1 Darlington

Slightly disappointed with last night. Workington was always going to be a tough place to go but from the sounds of it a draw would have been a fair result. Unfortunately at 1-1 we pushed on in the last 10 minutes and got caught on the counter attack with a fantastic finish from their lad. Good attendance for a Tuesday night I'm told there were a few hundred darlo there. On to the next game now. A very long trip to North Wales on Saturday to face Colwyn Bay. This league is certainly a step up but it think after a little acclimatizing we can be pushing for the top 5.
Pleased to see Stamford get off the mark. Although it goes against the grain, I'd even be pleased to see Wukkie pushing for promotion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!