Fri & Sat 27th& 28th August

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Bloody hell Mansfield must have run over half a dozen black cats en route to Wiltshire today. We were better in the second half but Mansfield should have been 1 up but their strikers made a Rob Hunt of the chance and we scored a decent goal of our own, class cross by Jonny Williams and a first pro goal for Tyrese Simpson.

Mansfield then had a free kick which looked like it went over the line and our goal led a charmed life. Somehow we saw out 7 minutes of injury time to take the 3 points.

This won't make Mansfield fans feel any better tonight but I was impressed with them, I thought Quinn made you tick and you gave us a hell of a game and really deserved at least a point. Great battle.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Very, very lucky win. Second half not a bad watch but we were all over the place at times. It seems no matter how poor we play Mansfield just can’t beat us. They had a ‘goal’ ruled out that was definitely over the line plus missed a few good chances too.

Not sure how much longer we can go on riding our luck playing like this.

Unlucky against Colchester, Bradford and Swindon all in a row. It’s either severe bad luck or somethings wrong with our squad, a combo maybe.

Bloody hell Mansfield must have run over half a dozen black cats en route to Wiltshire today. We were better in the second half but Mansfield should have been 1 up but their strikers made a Rob Hunt of the chance and we scored a decent goal of our own, class cross by Jonny Williams and a first pro goal for Tyrese Simpson.

Mansfield then had a free kick which looked like it went over the line and our goal led a charmed life. Somehow we saw out 7 minutes of injury time to take the 3 points.

This won't make Mansfield fans feel any better tonight but I was impressed with them, I thought Quinn made you tick and you gave us a hell of a game and really deserved at least a point. Great battle.

Pretty much what Colchester and Bradford fans said too, don’t mean nowt though, end of day we really should have scored first and won today, very demoralising.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Very shit today, I actually thought Orient were shit in front of goal or they could have won by 5 or 6 if they were more clinical. Our players didn’t seem to have any fight in them at all and kept giving them the ball in our third. All about how we bounce back now onto next week.

Unsure what happened with Smith hopefully it’s just his usual celebration and he wasn’t thinking, but putting a lighter to Bradford fans is like a full team scoring against Liverpool going over to them and pretending to be crushed. Will reserve judgment until we know for sure.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Pleased with the outcome of that, felt like 10 vs 12 for a lot of it. Didn't see exactly what Ellis got sent off for but it felt strange that he was shown a red after we had been given a free kick, and he was the only one singled out in a 20 man ruck.

Rovers 2nd half performance against 10 men was embarrassing.

The only annoying thing was we've picked up yet more injuries as well as a suspension, and we don't exactly have the depth to rotate on the Pizza cup.

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Mentioned a 19yo striker being given his first start, well he's only gone and scored a 95th minute winner! Scored a crucial retaken penalty in the shootout on Tuesday as well. Junior Luamba, you might have just saved our season. Well done to the ref for turning a blind eye to him going into the fans, after he'd just been booked a minute earlier as well.

That being said, it seems like we were truly awful today, and got out of jail with an 88th and 95th minute double. Not that Sutton were any better, but you do feel sorry for them having their party pooped so dramatically.

Still, perhaps something like that was needed to get us going.....

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Very shit today, I actually thought Orient were shit in front of goal or they could have won by 5 or 6 if they were more clinical. Our players didn’t seem to have any fight in them at all and kept giving them the ball in our third. All about how we bounce back now onto next week.

Unsure what happened with Smith hopefully it’s just his usual celebration and he wasn’t thinking, but putting a lighter to Bradford fans is like a full team scoring against Liverpool going over to them and pretending to be crushed. Will reserve judgment until we know for sure.
One of those days mate.

As for Harry Smith, what a dickhead.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Losing 2-0. Poor performance from a poor team. Lucky against Oldham, lucky against Mansfield and getting what we deserve today against a better side. Midtable slide begins today.
If we lose 1 out of 5 for the rest of the season, we will be ok. Kenny J got his tactics right and got the reaction he wanted from his players. We now need to react next week.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
17 games without a win finally ends and we actually deserved it.

The penalty was soft but we missed quite a few chances we should have scored. Don't think Tranmere even had a shot on target, we were never really threated.

Think Tranmere have a really good squad but they looked very poor today, their number 16 was appalling. I thought Feeney looked a class above everyone in the first half but then didn't really touch the ball in the second which was good for us.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Pleased with the outcome of that, felt like 10 vs 12 for a lot of it. Didn't see exactly what Ellis got sent off for but it felt strange that he was shown a red after we had been given a free kick, and he was the only one singled out in a 20 man ruck.

The only annoying thing was we've picked up yet more injuries as well as a suspension, and we don't exactly have the depth to rotate on the Pizza cup.

That second half would've been a walk in the park for us with 11 - couldn't believe how little effort Rovers put in.

Officials fucked it up - ref flashed the red and then realised he didn't know which Rovers players were involved, so couldn't card anyone. Instead White got a yellow for moaning. EVERY big call they got wrong.

Can't see Ellis' red being upheld, as it looked like he just charged in to block others getting involved. Seemed to be Brough that started it, but not helped by their forward throwing himself to the floor. Let's be honest, that was all Bristol Rovers had to their game.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

pretty much agree with that - we were the only team that looked like scoring 2nd half apart from a couple Farman tipped over the bar. The Josh Gordon shot that came back off the bar had the keeper beaten all ends up.
Things must be really bad at Bristol Rovers for the fans to applaud getting a point in that fashion - they keep Barton and they'll be in the National League next season.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Good game that and a proper atmosphere in the stands from every side really enjoyable matchday, two bits of quality from Burey and Holohan win it for us, Killip had nothing to do second half, not a single shot to save, Carlisle looked solid defensively, difficult to break down, first half we were limited to shots from outside the box that were well closed down.

Glad to see that weasily little shite Clough on the losing team, trying to Maradona hand of God the ball in after 2 minutes, little shitehawk, I hope he gets piles.

We were efficient, couple of sloppy moments but solid, a proper solid team, chuffed AGAIN tonight.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
That second half would've been a walk in the park for us with 11 - couldn't believe how little effort Rovers put in.

Officials fucked it up - ref flashed the red and then realised he didn't know which Rovers players were involved, so couldn't card anyone. Instead White got a yellow for moaning. EVERY big call they got wrong.

Can't see Ellis' red being upheld, as it looked like he just charged in to block others getting involved. Seemed to be Brough that started it, but not helped by their forward throwing himself to the floor. Let's be honest, that was all Bristol Rovers had to their game.
the Rovers number 40 was a disgrace....

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Deserved win for us based on the second half which we largely dominated, complete contrast in the performance we put in on Tuesday night. Took a bit of a goalkeeping error to break the deadlock, O'Donnell can't really allow himself to be beaten from there.

We changed shape and personnel a bit, went 4-4-2 with Craig Clay on the right side of midfield. Sotirou seems more comfortable up front with a partner. Fantastic finish from Harry Smith for the second goal after more good work from Theo Archibald.

Bradford I thought were average, tidy in midfield and hard to break down but never really threatened us apart from one corner when they had one cleared off the line.

Saw Harry Smith make a gesture after the first goal, can't comment on what he actually gestured as I sit on the opposite side, the reaction from the Bradford fans seemed extremely over the top which lead to a mini riot in the away end with the police. But if they felt he was stepping over the line then its understandable. But our fans are saying a few things were thrown on the pitch and he just reacted to that.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Previously we’ve looked like a half decent solid team that’s just a bit toothless.

Today with the tactical fuck up from Beech, we looked like a poor poor team who are clueless at the back and inept up front.

On that form we’ll be relegated. Thankfully I’ve seen enough in the other games to make me think we should just about stay up. We will not bother the top half or probably even mid table as we’re not good enough in the final third.

Desperately bad day and a huge black mark against Chris Beech today. I think a lot of people here have totally lost any faith they had in him after that.

We're in for a shit season with only 3 days left to sign a handful of good players which ain't gonna happen.

The club desperately needs new and better ownership, which won't happen either because who in the right mind would want to buy us now?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
We did have a few out, but tbf you didn’t give Matt or Stevens, who’ve been on fire, a sniff today.

Worrall is quality btw.

Aye we are very lucky we have him and under DC he largely has been playing in what you’d say is not his main position. Not the quickest player in the world but if he did have a bit more pace he’d not be playing for us though. He does have a great workrate and his crossing is the best in the league.

I think we probably benefited from the full week between games and not having a cup game midweek like yourselves. This is also why I’d name the academy lads at Bolton in the pizza trophy on Tuesday.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
If there is a game on the telly after us I pity you who had to watch it.

Think of the positives...the goalies had a nice rest.

More serious things. Not sure what happened to your defender but it looked painful. It wasn't given as a foul and no Northampton player had a go at a Crawley player so I'm guessing an accidental clash. Hope he recovers soon.

Casey

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
the Rovers number 40 was a disgrace....
I've just seen the pic and Ellis pushed the guy away with a hand around the throat. Will be three matches. Still think the ref was looking for to send their player off too, but to not even dish out a yellow is ridiculous.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Good game that and a proper atmosphere in the stands from every side really enjoyable matchday, two bits of quality from Burey and Holohan win it for us, Killip had nothing to do second half, not a single shot to save, Carlisle looked solid defensively, difficult to break down, first half we were limited to shots from outside the box that were well closed down.

Glad to see that weasily little shite Clough on the losing team, trying to Maradona hand of God the ball in after 2 minutes, little shitehawk, I hope he gets piles.

We were efficient, couple of sloppy moments but solid, a proper solid team, chuffed AGAIN tonight.

I was really pleased with us first half, right kick in the teeth going in 1-1. Second half Carlisle played with a bit more pashun and it was harder for our midfield to get in the game. I actually wanted Holohan off mind but as he so often does fuck all then produces a goal, a real quality strike this time like.

Burey is a real threat and I loved Angol and Ferguson on the left today. Byrne at the back looks a class signing. Like you pal dead chuffed out in the desert here with the result, start to the season and having proper games again. We look a decent team.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Deserved win for us based on the second half which we largely dominated, complete contrast in the performance we put in on Tuesday night. Took a bit of a goalkeeping error to break the deadlock, O'Donnell can't really allow himself to be beaten from there.

We changed shape and personnel a bit, went 4-4-2 with Craig Clay on the right side of midfield. Sotirou seems more comfortable up front with a partner. Fantastic finish from Harry Smith for the second goal after more good work from Theo Archibald.

Bradford I thought were average, tidy in midfield and hard to break down but never really threatened us apart from one corner when they had one cleared off the line.

Saw Harry Smith make a gesture after the first goal, can't comment on what he actually gestured as I sit on the opposite side, the reaction from the Bradford fans seemed extremely over the top which lead to a mini riot in the away end with the police. But if they felt he was stepping over the line then its understandable. But our fans are saying a few things were thrown on the pitch and he just reacted to that.
If he was just reacting then it makes it worse as it was sparking a lighter gesture, I thought it might just be his usual celebration but if it’s been done in retaliation then obviously not. I think it’ll be looked into more.

Agree with your assessment of the game except for we looked tidy in midfield, most of your chances came from our midfield giving the ball away they were appalling. We got what we deserved today, hopefully it was a one off as we’ve played far better the first four games.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Better today still not perfect but a much needed 3 points man of the match was Rollin Menayaise outstanding again today Mansfield must have some good centre backs is all i can say.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I was really pleased with us first half, right kick in the teeth going in 1-1. Second half Carlisle played with a bit more pashun and it was harder for our midfield to get in the game. I actually wanted Holohan off mind but as he so often does fuck all then produces a goal, a real quality strike this time like.

Burey is a real threat and I loved Angol and Ferguson on the left today. Byrne at the back looks a class signing. Like you pal dead chuffed out in the desert here with the result, start to the season and having proper games again. We look a decent team.

Honestly, I think we'll cause teams problems, especially at home, can't wait to see those two goals back, Burey is such a dangerous player and what a finish, Holohan though, I was right behind it when it left his foot, what a strike.

As always Carlisle's band of six fingered pond life have left the away end with several broken chairs and advertising hoardings, tossrags, another invoice incoming.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We're in for a shit season with only 3 days left to sign a handful of good players which ain't gonna happen.

The club desperately needs new and better ownership, which won't happen either because who in the right mind would want to buy us now?
I’d settle for third bottom right now.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
Very happy with that. Carlisle were as poor as I've seen them for a while and, sucker punch goal apart, rarely threatened us. Bigger tests will come but I've seen nothing in L2 to worry me yet. For 20 minutes in the second half we even had an atmosphere break out. Blimey.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Maybe it wasn’t over the line

Attachments

• 18DF6504-2F46-4A72-B69C-61CBB43AEF65.png
    18DF6504-2F46-4A72-B69C-61CBB43AEF65.png
    896.2 KB · Views: 23

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
I also would have subbed Holohan, which shows what I know. He often looks the weak link in midfield but he provides such a goal threat I can see the temptation to leave him on even when he's not doing much. Not sure how he got MOTM though, that was bizarre.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Honestly, I think we'll cause teams problems, especially at home, can't wait to see those two goals back, Burey is such a dangerous player and what a finish, Holohan though, I was right behind it when it left his foot, what a strike.

As always Carlisle's band of six fingered pond life have left the away end with several broken chairs and advertising hoardings, tossrags, another invoice incoming.
How can they be invoiced? Unless they can be individually ID’d and you have their addresses, how?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Previously we’ve looked like a half decent solid team that’s just a bit toothless.

Today with the tactical fuck up from Beech, we looked like a poor poor team who are clueless at the back and inept up front.

On that form we’ll be relegated. Thankfully I’ve seen enough in the other games to make me think we should just about stay up. We will not bother the top half or probably even mid table as we’re not good enough in the final third.

Desperately bad day and a huge black mark against Chris Beech today. I think a lot of people here have totally lost any faith they had in him after that.
We can only hope that this is finally lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!