Friday 10th - Tuesday 14th September

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We've had a lot of lows in recent years but that's up there.

I don't really expect to be able to compete with many teams this year due to our budget but the lack of effort and fight we showed today was horrible.

Exeter didn't really play very well, except for Matt Jay but they didn't need too, they wont get an easier victory.
Sounds like Scunny are in a really bad way. Delighted with the 4-0 win, naturally and we’re on a nice little run. Matt Jay is an excellent player and we’re so lucky to have him. Tim Dieng and Jevani Brown are also having great seasons which is brilliant for us.

Hope Scunthorpe sort themselves out. Can’t believe it’s gone to shit for you. Is it mainly down to the ownership not giving any money for a decent squad?

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Sounds about right.

I think your main issue for me was that you weren’t threatening enough going forward IMO.

The only chance I was actually concerned with was the pull back where your striker fluffed it and it bounced on through to our GK.

You’re missing someone, like Clarke ironically, to be in the right place at the right time.

Agree, that player was Luke Armstrong for us last season and we're missing him this, we have forwards who work hard and battle but just aren't natural goal scorers, Goodwin fluffs his lines in the six yard box after a perfect drag back from Fela, then Fela himself skies a shot from the middle of the box over the bar, it was tipped over by the keeper but it was already heading over.

I think Bristol Rovers have the makings of an alright team this season, I really do, wouldn't play Pitman again in a hurry like, looked like one of the hungover over 40's that play on a Sunday at the park.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Plenty of people are pointing out poor recruitment and a poor squad as the reason we are so shit. But for me whilst we are weak in some areas, we also have some good players so should be performing better. I don’t think our head coach is getting anywhere near enough from them. Poor tactics, lack of a plan other than to smash it up the pitch is more to blame. Yes our forwards are toothless but I think they’d be less toothless if we played to their strengths.

Questions needs asked of the head coach. I’m at the Beech out stage now, I don’t know what other carlisle fans on here think.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No disrespect to Hartlepool but with our budget we should be beating sides that were 2 leagues below us last season and came up via play offs.
I was hoping Barton would assemble a side like his Fleetwood team who looked good every time they played us, yet he has somehow made a bad side even worse in a lower division.
Wael wont change anything until at least Bartons hearing(s) not sure anyone could do much without a magic wand currently anyway.
Piss poor

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Sounds like Scunny are in a really bad way. Delighted with the 4-0 win, naturally and we’re on a nice little run. Matt Jay is an excellent player and we’re so lucky to have him. Tim Dieng and Jevani Brown are also having great seasons which is brilliant for us.

Hope Scunthorpe sort themselves out. Can’t believe it’s gone to shit for you. Is it mainly down to the ownership not giving any money for a decent squad?
Not sure how you kept onto Matt Jay, he's ridiculous. S5 goals in 4 games against us now and he's not even a striker.

Our chairman came in and promised the fans the world, we really overspent in a pursuit to get to the Championship and we failed. Ever since our second L1 play-off loss, the budget has been slashed every single year. We definitely have one of the smallest budgets in the league this season, I wouldn't be shocked if it was the lowest.

Today was really bad for us. While we've lacked quality all season, we've showed proper fight and really tried. Today was different, the minute that first goal went in the heads dropped. I think our manager not being at the game today may have impacted that, there was no leadership. Not sure if you saw but on your third goal we'd just changed shape and nobody seemed to know where they were playing anymore.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Agree, that player was Luke Armstrong for us last season and we're missing him this, we have forwards who work hard and battle but just aren't natural goal scorers, Goodwin fluffs his lines in the six yard box after a perfect drag back from Fela, then Fela himself skies a shot from the middle of the box over the bar, it was tipped over by the keeper but it was already heading over.

I think Bristol Rovers have the makings of an alright team this season, I really do, wouldn't play Pitman again in a hurry like, looked like one of the hungover over 40's that play on a Sunday at the park.
Made me laugh our save, the commentary team were certain it was a goalkick!

Yeah we have a good squad but they’re just not gelling.

You can just see it now, Barton will finally get us going in November and he’ll be sacked after being convicted or something.

Anyway, good luck in the rest of your season. Always liked Hartlepool for some reason and it’s great to see you back in the EFL

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
No disrespect to Hartlepool but with our budget we should be beating sides that were 2 leagues below us last season and came up via play offs.
I was hoping Barton would assemble a side like his Fleetwood team who looked good every time they played us, yet he has somehow made a bad side even worse in a lower division.
Wael wont change anything until at least Bartons hearing(s) not sure anyone could do much without a magic wand currently anyway.
Piss poor
I remember thinking exactly this when we came down from League One.

I’m now in the harsh reality of my team being seasoned League Two shite

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
A historic day at Gander Green Lane as Sutton gained their first ever victory in the Football League.

Nice to see Richie Bennett on the scoresheet. And the big Football news of the weekend is Craig Dundas making his Football League debut at 40 years old.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Bloody awful first half & you say ,an improved second half,but not a lot came off for us.
Sheer hardwork & endeavour won us the game.
For whatever reason,I expected more from Rovers,but they were very poor.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Bloody awful first half & you say ,an improved second half,but not a lot came off for us.
Sheer hardwork & endeavour won us the game.
Based on what? we have been poor all season bar one half vs Oldham who everyone is beating. Not won away since Dec 2020. Only benefit is its easy money being a gashead over the last 2 seasons

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Needed a 10 all summer, didn’t get one, needed a second striker capable of helping/replacing Cook whenever he inevitably misses games, didn’t get one - couldn’t score in a brothel esk football week on week.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
1-0 immensely flattered us. Yes, we hit the woodwork twice, but Dale ran rings around us first half, similar to the Hartlepool game last week, and got in down our right at will. Conversely, Morris was an absolute liability playing out of position at left back, and ultimately was at fault for the goal. We only really went out and had a go after going one down and actually carved out some chances and put them under pressure, which makes me wonder why we can't set out to attack from the off? Dale played well as a team, with number 18 in particular having a great game, but we were awful. We have a decent bunch of players, but I really don't know what Mellon's thinking with his tactics. Two goals in seven games.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Tight game FGR v Northampton.
Star player :> Northampton goalkeeper who commanded his goal area especially every high ball.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Tight game FGR v Northampton.
Star player :> Northampton goalkeeper who commanded his goal area especially every high ball.

Very impressed with Liam Roberts considering the Wazzull fans on here didn’t rate him

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I'm really sorry we didn't let you walk all over us because you have a bigger budget.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

They were, keep saying this every week but absolutely nothing to fear here by the looks of it.

We are probably just a striker short and that's it.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Mansfield were really, really bad. Their players looked like 11 strangers out there and their defending the past few years look sturdy. Feel for their fans who turned up in good numbers and made a good amount of noise.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
A historic day at Gander Green Lane as Sutton gained their first ever victory in the Football League.

Nice to see Richie Bennett on the scoresheet. And the big Football news of the weekend is Craig Dundas making his Football League debut at 40 years old.
Dundas becomes the oldest player to make an EFL debut :bow:

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Based on what? we have been poor all season bar one half vs Oldham who everyone is beating. Not won away since Dec 2020. Only benefit is its easy money being a gashead over the last 2 seasons
Just a hunch.
Our great home record, your poor away ,just thought something might give.
I needn't have worried.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
It’s not conference standard, it’s an absolute disaster.

After 2 transfer windows clough has successfully built a defence worse than the one he inherited, which in honesty i thought was impossible

There's going to be lots of pain before it gets better. We are least three quality defenders away from an acceptable back four. We otherwise have the personnel for a diamond but I am unconvinced due to how exposed it leaves us down the flanks. I want wingers but we have none.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Every year its the same old shit from us. Always trying to go down the cheap route when recruiting strikers and then we wonder why we can't finish our dinner. Absolutely criminal some of the chances we are missing every week.

Teams are just marking Cook out the game now because they know there's fuck all goal threat from elsewhere on the pitch.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Piss poor

I'm afraid if football worked that way then Salford would not drop a single point all season.

From what I can see Rovers have made a similar mistake to what we did when we came down here and filled the squad with a large amount of aging players whose best days are long behind them. One or two of them is fine but more than that then others will just run rings round you.

Last edited:

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Good to see the Swindon fans on here have said vale were the better side and deserved to win. All I've seen on twitter is from Swindon fans vale are garbage all they are is a bully side foul timewaste play hoof ball all match I'd hate watch that crap all match.

When we want to we can play good football Proctor conlon worrall can all pass shoot cross well some of the best players in the divison. Players like worrall and garity never stop running and his 2 goals were awesome. The only poor performer for vale was benning who got replaced by gibbons in the 2nd half. The number 5 for Swindon was crap. The number 9 looked decent for them as did the bald guy in midfield who got subbed off.

What we need do now is try get a home win as so far including the cup loss to Sunderland we haven't won our opening 4 home games and I cant remember the last time we did that.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
See

I'm afraid if football worked that way then Salford would not drop a single point all season.

From what I can see Rovers have made a similar mistake to what we did when we came down here and filled the squad with a large amount of aging players whose best days are long behind them. One or two of them is fine but more than that then others will just run rings round you.

Quite often sides coming from L1 struggle in L2. Then they come up against teams like us, well managed and in the habit of winning games. The gap isn't big enough to expect a walkover. It's hardly the Prem to the Championship.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Jesus Christ! Weekend in North Yorks as wife on the GNR and saw we went 2-1 up then couldn’t get signal until now! Finally ended the hoodoo which I guess softens Rochdale finally winning a league game at Vale Park last week! Big win against a very good Swindon side.

Looks like we are going to be crap at home very good away this season.

It certainly seems that way. Might be worth DC looking at keeping the 3-5-2 for away games where it has worked well but changing to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 at home and get at teams down the flanks.

Well done to George Lloyd as well when he came on. He played an important role in our winner with his pressing. Obviously he isn't prolific but if he contributes in that way we should be more than content.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good to see the Swindon fans on here have said vale were the better side and deserved to win. All I've seen on twitter is from Swindon fans vale are garbage all they are is a bully side foul timewaste play hoof ball all match I'd hate watch that crap all match.

When we want to we can play good football Proctor conlon worrall can all pass shoot cross well some of the best players in the divison. Players like worrall and garity never stop running and his 2 goals were awesome. The only poor performer for vale was benning who got replaced by gibbons in the 2nd half. The number 5 for Swindon was crap. The number 9 looked decent for them as did the bald guy in midfield who got subbed off.

What we need do now is try get a home win as so far including the cup loss to Sunderland we haven't won our opening 4 home games and I cant remember the last time we did that.

Yeah some bitter stuff on social media about us shithousing and time wasting but Swindon used to be masters of that in that spell when they used to beat us at home all the time as well as away! To be fair they can’t really moan at that and I’m glad under DC we have improved that side as we’ve been too nice in recent years since Micky Adams and ended up at a disadvantage for it. We’ve given them enough bloody points over the years to be allowed the one in 16 years!

I didn’t see the game to comment how well we did or didn’t play, everything I saw suggested we were decent first half and should of been more ahead but looks as though we had to dig in second half and then got back in front.

Only seen the second goal but great persistence by Lloyd, cracking effort by Gibbons and a great reaction shot from Garrity who is becoming a real fans favourite.

His interview is class too after the game, talks about being nowhere near as good technically as Conlon so works extra hard to try and make up for it and really seems down to Earth (and extremely scouse!) he’s the guy Vale fans will always warm too.

It’s great to get a win, we’ve been playing well and unlucky not to have more points by not being clinical enough when on top in games, even last weeks defensive horror show should have been irrelevant had we took the chances to have killed Rochdale off before they even got a sniff so it was crucial to bounce back.

The not pretty comments don’t bother me too much. We’ve played some absolutely quality football in patches this season but if we have to grind it out at tough places like Swindon that’s the main thing, being adaptable is crucial but this side has the capability to football teams apart, it just needs to put that kind of performance in for 90 minutes at home ideally.

It’s a tight league but Swindon are a very good side despite their off field issues in the summer so it’s three points more than i expected today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!