Good Friday/Easter Monday games

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Better second half. Pathetic from Oxford really, going down at literally every touch but they had the ideal referee to play those tactics. He disrupted the game, rarely played the advantage, was not consistent in decision making. He'll no doubt get a 9 out of 10 from the assessor. Oxford at least had a go in the last 10 minutes but before that I would have been disappointed if I'd paid to come and see 10 players spending more time on their arse than on their feet.

Politic should never have his arms up as the ref was always desperate to get the cards out. It was probably one of the few decisions he got right.

Another point edging to safety. Can't see many below us getting to 47 points.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We just aren’t good enough. Can put up a decent fight but nowhere near enough about us to beat most teams at this level. A better side might at least have used the wind first half and had a few shots, think we had two one of which was disallowed by that shithead Boyeson.

Decent club Wycombe although £8 for a pie I’d a fucking joke.

geg1992

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
If I'm speaking without bias, I think we edged it but we certainly didn't dominate. I don't feel short changed from the 1-1 draw, as significant as it is for us, I thought you were nice on the eye despite the low block.

Really?

65% possession vs 35%
23 shots vs 6
9 on target vs 2

However, credit to Cheltenham, they looked a decent team, but I thought we dominated despite not playing well.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Decent club Wycombe although £8 for a pie I’d a fucking joke.

Can’t argue with that. I generally never eat at the football anyway (and certainly never at home games) but I just don’t get those prices, surely they just end up with a load of unsold stock.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Can’t argue with that. I generally never eat at the football anyway (and certainly never at home games) but I just don’t get those prices, surely they just end up with a load of unsold stock.
I'm the same. Some of our fans have a right hissy if we run out of pies. I just never even think about eating at the football.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Hugely disappointing 2nd half from Fleetwood, a carry on from the previous poor showing at Cambridge. One of our players of the season, goalie Lynch made probably his first error since August spilling a ball from which the visitors scored. Their 2nd, a cross which flew into the net and after that Fleetwood never looked like scoring. The Gas deserved the result and we're the better team in the 2nd half. Interesting to see what Brown does for the coming match at Accy

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Disappointed to concede our first goal in 900 minutes like that. A sloppy goal.

I thought we edged it but that Cheltenham were the best team we’ve played in a while. They didn’t create a lot but were very solid defensively, worked tirelessly, played to their obvious strengths and most importantly kept their shape which worked to limit Chaplin. We did miss broadhead (who in this league wouldn’t?) though.

All in all, I don’t think we can complain too much. We were never going to win every single game. At times, the other teams will just play well and I thought Cheltenham did that today. I also liked that they were never time wasting from minute 1 unlike a lot of sides in this league and that at times they played some neat football. No real complaints here,

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Well, well, well! That result carries on our excellent, if rather bizarre, record against the current top four - 4 points off Plymouth and Ipswich, 3 off Barnsley with still having to play them and 2 off Wednesday.

Sounded like an excellent performance and probably worthy of more goals. Never quite sure how accurate the BBC stats are but 17 shots isn't to be sniffed at away from home at a title chasing side.

Rounds of a good Easter weekend for us with two 2-0 wins.

Last edited:

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We were poor today, there is no other way of putting it.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Season done and dusted now.
Just win on Saturday. Not bothered if we lose the other games, just turn over that lot.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Lincoln could have had 5 today and it wouldn’t have flattered the, extremely poor performance from us but credit to Lincoln this afternoon. It was a very similar performance to our only other loss at HP this season against Vale. We didn’t start the game badly and had a couple of very good chances to strike first but fluffed our lines. Lincoln looked good on the break and for the second time in 3 days we conceded straight from an Argyle corner. 3 perfect passes and lincoln were in, great goal on the break to be fair.

After that it was all a bit..meh from our point of view and Lincoln deserved the points.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Sorry but Bolton do not have three players worth 10m. That’s just an absolutely ridiculous statement.

There’s precisely zero players playing in League 1 worth 10m.

Genuinely wonder sometimes what planet you’re on.
The same one you're on

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If I'm speaking without bias, I think we edged it but we certainly didn't dominate. I don't feel short changed from the 1-1 draw, as significant as it is for us, I thought you were nice on the eye despite the low block.
That's how I saw today, and so did the many Ipswich fans I spoke to in the bar afterwards. In fact, the fans I saw in the bar after were some of the best fans I've ever met. Yes, they think Ipswich should be in the Championship at least, but they were also quick to point out that a draw was a fair result, moreso than some of the Cheltenham fans, and that you can't win every game. Certainly nothing like the pillocks you get on Twitter and other social media platforms hoping we go bust because we seem to be Ipswich's bogey team.

Interesting comments about Harness, I thought there was a couple of times in the first half where Ipswich had the ball on their right and he was completely free in the middle. The right ball being made and he would undoubtedly have slotted - instead each time the ball was hit straight into the first defender and we always managed to scramble. I was actually relieved he was taken off.

I didn't see the Ipswich goal, was looking up some other scores at the time. Our goal was typical Alfie though. I actually thought Walton fouled Keena when he misjudged the ball in the air so was losing my shit when I realised it had fallen to Alfs who simply doesn't miss that sort of chance.

All in all, a cracking game of football played by two teams who shouldn't be on the same pitch really, but such is the beauty of football.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Better second half. Pathetic from Oxford really, going down at literally every touch but they had the ideal referee to play those tactics. He disrupted the game, rarely played the advantage, was not consistent in decision making. He'll no doubt get a 9 out of 10 from the assessor. Oxford at least had a go in the last 10 minutes but before that I would have been disappointed if I'd paid to come and see 10 players spending more time on their arse than on their feet.

Politic should never have his arms up as the ref was always desperate to get the cards out. It was probably one of the few decisions he got right.

Another point edging to safety. Can't see many below us getting to 47 points.
Need to see it again to be honest but clearly caught him with the elbow, it’s just again that lack of consistency! Conlon incident no red, doesn’t give the stone wall penalty on Politic, yet it was no different to the Accrington one against us Friday!

Oxford came to spoil and timewaste, somewhat bizarrely as you’d expect them to see this one with us fragile as one to try and win! Really strange approach to it from them. Must have been 4 or 5 times first half the physio was on and they were softer than us which takes some doing!

We went with experience, tweaked the formation and went back to basics and it produced a more battling performance, aside from Massey they gave us everything and great to see Conlon and Mal have such great games.

Wilson should be getting up to speed now and he was the main player on the field with any quality, one ball he played second half was top class.

Their keeper was man of the match by a mile, second half we could of had 3 or 4, can see why Stevens is nowhere near when he can’t catch a cold let alone make a save.

Decent to see Plant get on, felt it was a gamble at 0-0 and he did struggle a couple of times but did link up well with Woz, great when he hunted their lad down into giving away a sloppy corner and the desire we’ve missed.

If we can keep that desire and effort into the last 5 we should be fine but can’t go back to the horrors of Cambridge and Accrington, that was more like the Vale we’ve been accustomed to today.

Oxford is an odd one, they played some nice stuff but had zero quality in the final third. Their approach to it considering the rut we are in was weird.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Well that was unexpected at Plymouth. Always feel that we never fair well there. Apart from first 20, we we well on top causing so problems. Could easily have been a lot more than 2-0. Just hope we can keep this end of season form going to end on a high. Hopefully can finish top half

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Well that was unexpected at Plymouth. Always feel that we never fair well there. Apart from first 20, we we well on top causing so problems. Could easily have been a lot more than 2-0. Just hope we can keep this end of season form going to end on a high. Hopefully can finish top half

Don’t go blowing the mid-table trophy now. :told:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Well if Bolton have any £10m players they must be their strikers who stopped Bakayoko getting a game….

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Two points from two winnable games over Easter, and we now officially have the deck chairs out. Third season in a row that we've finished outside the top six, which is pretty depressing.

Time to focus on the out-of-contract players to see who we want to keep, and whether we have any big offers for Bishop on the table. There's no pressure to sell him but any transfer fees we receive are always put back into the playing budget and it would give Mousinho the chance to put together the squad he wants.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not looking great for Bolton, Santos and Toal, our centre backs are both out for the season, well possible that Santos could be just 4 weeks, would have been delighted to scrape a 1-0 yesterday but not to be, be a real struggle to make the play offs without those two with Peterborough in such strong form,

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Not looking great for Bolton, Santos and Toal, our centre backs are both out for the season, well possible that Santos could be just 4 weeks, would have been delighted to scrape a 1-0 yesterday but not to be, be a real struggle to make the play offs without those two with Peterborough in such strong form,
Out of interest, as a Bolton fan do you also think you have three players worth 10m?

Which is obviously not the case considering there’s only ever been 1 player sold for 8 figures in the history of the existence of the third tier.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Referee garbage at vale yet again. Firstly Oxford should have had a player sent off for a head butt but instead the ref booked worrall and another Oxford player for abit of pushing. Then vale should have had a penalty for a foul on politic but yet again the ref didn't give it. Then down the other end Smith tugging an Oxford players shirt in the penalty box wasn't given. The politic red card is a red card because he's elbowed him but the ref initially was only going give a yellow but after the goalkeeper screaming in his face and the blood on the players nose pouring out he finally made the right decision to send him off.

The match was garbage really. First half fuck all happened. Second half both sides improved but you could tell it was 2 very poor teams. Both sides had chances to win the game but the keepers both produced decent saves. It was a better performance from vale but that was more down to putting effort in than actual quality play.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Out of interest, as a Bolton fan do you also think you have three players worth 10m?

Which is obviously not the case considering there’s only ever been 1 player sold for 8 figures in the history of the existence of the third tier.

What is all this about 3 players being worth £10 million ? :eyes: No ii don't! As you state very rarely do tier 3 players go for 8 figures.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Two poor teams. Oxford doing peak Stevenage/Wycombe tactics. Clearly trying to hold it at 0-0 and then feigning injury on probably 3 to 4 occasions. It's a really poor watch.
I would agree with this if it was true. But it isn't. Have you ever watched Stevenage and Wycombe? Even if we wanted to reach those levels we are far too inept to even attempt it!

Kyle Joseph went for those levels a few times and it looked ridiculous. He was also a lone ranger in attempting it too. Everyone just stood around and watched him make a fool out of himself from both sides. I'm not entirely sure why he did it either, it literally achieved nothing and no advantage was gained. It looked awful too. I think Simon Eastwood bought a minute by going down in the second half, which I don't have a problem with. I'm not sure there was anything else?

Stephan Negru got elbowed in the face. Despite his face being covered in blood he got booed. Which is weird. It was all over his face, hands and shirt. Unless he's being accused of... feigning injury? I can't figure out why he would be jeered.

Arguably the constant niggling fouls and shirt pulling from Port Vale across the first half was worse in disrupting any counter attacking. It happened about five times. By the way, I personally don't have any complaints with any of it other than it's a bit annoying to watch as it disrupts any flow. Yet I suppose in a dogged relegation scrap if you were looking for a spectacle and lots of free-flowing football Port Vale against Oxford United was not going to be the game to watch.

Also, we aren't very good.

Last edited:

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Oxford is an odd one, they played some nice stuff but had zero quality in the final third. Their approach to it considering the rut we are in was weird.
We don't play any nice stuff. I spent some of the first half completing a mortgage application it was that dull.

The second half was all Port Vale. We have absolutely no offensive threat.

Josh Murphy should just retire. He clearly can't be bothered. Yanic Wildschut was fantastic five years ago. Marcus Browne is very good but he's surrounded by... Yanic Wildschut and Josh Murphy.

Kyle Joseph runs a lot but offers no goal threat. Gatlin O'Donkor is an 18 year old who I really like, but he should be out on loan to a conference side. He's virtually our only centre forward.

I can't see where the next goal is coming from. It's a big, big worry.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I would agree with this if it was true. But it isn't. Have you ever watched Stevenage and Wycombe? Even if we wanted to reach those levels we are far too inept to even attempt it!

Kyle Joseph went for those levels a few times and it looked ridiculous. He was also a lone ranger in attempting it too. Everyone just stood around and watched him make a fool out of himself from both sides. I'm not entirely sure why he did it either, it literally achieved nothing and no advantage was gained. It looked awful too. I think Simon Eastwood bought a minute by going down in the second half, which I don't have a problem with. I'm not sure there was anything else?

Stephan Negru got elbowed in the face. Despite his face being covered in blood he got booed. Which is weird. It was all over his face, hands and shirt. Unless he's being accused of... feigning injury? I can't figure out why he would be jeered.

Arguably the constant niggling fouls and shirt pulling from Port Vale across the first half was worse in disrupting any counter attacking. It happened about five times. By the way, I personally don't have any complaints with any of it other than it's a bit annoying to watch as it disrupts any flow. Yet I suppose in a dogged relegation scrap if you were looking for a spectacle and lots of free-flowing football Port Vale against Oxford United was not going to be the game to watch.

Also, we aren't very good.
He was jeered as the boy who cried wolf somewhat due to the before mentioned incidents of rolling about. At one point on the highlights you see the number 8 rolling around then he realised you had a break and jumps up and sprints for instance.

Most of us wouldn’t see the blood from where we are, all be it seems fairly innocuous but always asking the question of the referee, oddly he had the yellow in his hands before the pressure from your players.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
What is all this about 3 players being worth £10 million ? :eyes: No ii don't! As you state very rarely do tier 3 players go for 8 figures.
Cheers. Seems only masi51 and Pompeyblueboy think it. Albeit the former is just insanely bias and the latter would tell me the sky is red if I said it was blue.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
I believe only 2 players have actually gone for a fee higher than 4m Ever from this league. So that alone tells you 10m+each for three players in the same era is a nonsense. Let alone all being at the same team. That’s not even mentioning he reckons one of them is valued at £35m. Crazy.

All that said, good luck in the playoffs (as long as it doesn’t come against us).

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham

Interesting comments from this Ipswich fan. There are quite a few games this season where you could say we've been 'terrible', 'awful' and 'had no game plan' (Lincoln on Friday for one), but Monday's game wasn't one of them. He does seem to be in the minority at least.

geg1992

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

Interesting comments from this Ipswich fan. There are quite a few games this season where you could say we've been 'terrible', 'awful' and 'had no game plan' (Lincoln on Friday for one), but Monday's game wasn't one of them. He does seem to be in the minority at least.

Yeah ignore him and most people on Twitter. Although I thought we should have won the match, Cheltenham kept battling and we can't moan at the end result.
You had a clear game plan, and it worked for most of the game. 1st half was very even, and you had some very good chances to take the lead.
Very frustrating afternoon for us, I said it would be a tough game before it even started, and many people laughed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!