Good Friday & Saturday 3rd April fixtures

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
not sure why everyone is so touchy here.

there's a few things gone wrong for vale this year, a bit of bad luck a few injuries and some poor reffing, the rot set in, Askey couldn't turn things around, his signings weren't up to scratch depth wise and we have had several fatal injuries as far as our team is concerned.

Pope Worrall and Amoo all missing for long periods, not many teams could cope with that.

I mean vale fans are talking about injuries costing us, we've won 4 on the bounce and we've STILL got 2 left backs, 2 right backs and Pope out.

It's been a significant failure of season. We expected to be playoffs, we still think that target was realistic at the start of the season but for a variety of reasons it didn't happen.

If any walsall or leyton orient fan had of watched our game today, they'd have been amazed at the defence compared to the circus we served up agianst them. it's chalk and cheese. for nearly 20 games we've been playoff form, for 20 games we've been bottom of the table form.

Add in over Xmas fielding weak sides against Barrow, Bradford and Mansfield we could of cried covid and didn’t like some clubs with Conlon and Crookes having it.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Wish we’d only had 2 out... (haven’t you an awful record when Hoolahan doesn’t play also?)

It is a joke, hence the frustration and the inquest into the ridiculous injury crisis has seen us spend a lot of money to ensure the same mistakes that the previous management did are not repeated as far down as a new training ground!

Injuries are a massive reason, despite a huge squad it was that bad over Christmas we had youth team lads filling the bench and about 6-7 big players out. No team at this level could lose 6-7 key players and not struggle. Worrall, Conlon, Montano, Oyeleke, Pope, Gibbons and Amoo. Massively important for us.

The fact that fitness was allowed to get as bad as it was under Askey was criminal, thankfully DC and Flitcroft has addressed that with big financially backing from Carol and we are now almost back to a full squad (still missing two big players in Pope and Gibbons mind).

This season has been a massive failure, the side has massively under performed and in a league of this level should of been up there but it isn’t, we have addressed the causes to it and should benefit long term from the lessons learnt.

The club off the field now is light years ahead of what it was 2-3 months ago. Luckily we have the best owners you could ask for and Carol has put it right.
Look we were missing Boateng and Digby - our best two centre midfielders. Plus at the same time we were missing O’Neil too who would have started in their absence (all three played today). Our record without Hoolahan is dreadful since early December - he’s not played midweek and we’ve lost five out of six. We’re unbeaten on Saturdays when he’s played in that same period. We’ve basically been hamstrung in midfield by injuries and Hoolahan missing a fair chunk of games. Our midfield at one point included a loanee centre back, we were that light there.

We had three centre backs at the end of January and lost two of them in the space of four days (one sold, one loan recalled). We coped somehow.

Re youth players - we’ve had numerous youth players on our bench this season - you can have a look back through. It was expected for us as we have a small squad.

To blame injuries is just looking for excuses, sorry I’m just not having it.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Look we were missing Boateng and Digby - our best two centre midfielders. Plus at the same time we were missing O’Neil too who would have started in their absence (all three played today). Our record without Hoolahan is dreadful since early December - he’s not played midweek and we’ve lost five out of six. We’re unbeaten on Saturdays when he’s played in that same period. We’ve basically been hamstrung in midfield by injuries and Hoolahan missing a fair chunk of games. Our midfield at one point included a loanee centre back, we were that light there.

We had three centre backs at the end of January and lost two of them in the space of four days (one sold, one loan recalled). We coped somehow.

Re youth players - we’ve had numerous youth players on our bench this season - you can have a look back through. It was expected for us as we have a small squad.

honestly would have been great if we only had 2-3 players missing. we've got more than that missing now and we're all on top of the moon at having a NEAR strongest 11.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
At least if anyone does think your team is shit it’s highlighly unlikely you’re worse than mansfield.

that there are, somehow, 5 teams below us is frankly astonhsing, how fucking wank must you be?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Of course it’s a valid reason, it’s not an excuse because the injury record was dreadful and that was down to poor set ups off the field which we’ve looked at under Flitcroft.

James Gibbons - missed almost all the season so far, easily one of the best RB in the division. Massive player for us.

Manny Oyeleke - started six games I believe since October where he’s actually been able to manage over an hour... won them all.

Tom Pope - Clubs post war goal scoring record holder. Out since January, spells out earlier in the season.

David Amoo - Crucial to us last season, been out most of the season.

Christian Montano - massive player for us as an attacking left back... been back the last four games after missing most of the season picking up multiple injuries.

Dave Worrall - biggest loss of them all. League top assists despite missing chunks of the season with injury... to us what Hoolahan is to you. Massive key player.

Them six being out for long periods is a huge blow because they are six of our most key men. Throw on Mills now out of the season, Fitzpatrick out for months, Crookes and Swann missing for weeks, lost Conlon over Xmas, Legge being left out over a dispute, Brisley for a period, not a single side in the league would cope with our injuries, Scunny have had loads look where they are? Similar boat.

If we had an average year for injures we’d be a lot higher.

Is it a reason why we’ve under achieved, off course, excuse no because the injuries were caused by failings off the field, hence new training ground being built, new fitness and performance coach, Crosby coming in to help out.

Don’t see why any Vale fan wouldn’t be frustrated and angry at this season really, it was set up for success and it’s been a failure. We haven’t got the excuse of being a basket case club with Smurf and the players getting left over pies and cold showers at training any more.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Lol at Cheltenham scoring three goals from Tozer’s throws. Amazing weapon to have.
Funny thing is pretty much all our long throw goals before today have been direct, just a long throw headed in. Today all 3 were from the second ball, Tranmere failing to clear it properly and us punishing them.

I think we play decent football most of the time, better than most sides I've seen - but the fact that we have that weapon and it works so often, is a real blessing.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sorry Vale fans as you seem an ok bunch on here but to go from ‘we’re pissing the league’ to ‘we’re going down we’re not gonna win another game all season’ and then after a few wins to go to ‘we really should be top 3 with this team’ is fucking stupid and makes you sound like you haven’t got a clue what you’re on about.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Of course it’s a valid reason, it’s not an excuse because the injury record was dreadful and that was down to poor set ups off the field which we’ve looked at under Flitcroft.

James Gibbons - missed almost all the season so far, easily one of the best RB in the division. Massive player for us.

Manny Oyeleke - started six games I believe since October where he’s actually been able to manage over an hour... won them all.

Tom Pope - Clubs post war goal scoring record holder. Out since January, spells out earlier in the season.

Christian Montano - massive player for us as an attacking left back... been back the last four games after missing most of the season picking up multiple injuries.

Dave Worrall - biggest loss of them all. League top assists despite missing chunks of the season with injury... to us what Hoolahan is to you. Massive key player.

Them six being out for long periods is a huge blow because they are six of our most key men. Throw on Mills now out of the season, Fitzpatrick out for months, Crookes and Swann missing for weeks, lost Conlon over Xmas, Legge being left out over a dispute, Brisley for a period, not a single side in the league would cope with our injuries, Scunny have had loads look where they are? Similar boat.

Is it a reason why we’ve under achieved, off course, excuse no because the injuries were caused by failings off the field, hence new training ground being built, new fitness and performance coach, Crosby coming in to help out.

Don’t see why any Vale fan wouldn’t be frustrated and angry at this season really, it was set up for success and it’s been a failure. We haven’t got the excuse of being a basket case club with Smurf and the players getting left over pies and cold showers at training any more.

As the reigning monarch, hI, Queen hElizabeth II, do hereby re-re-christen the good ship HMS National League Burslem, to hits original name, HMS Piss The League. hI do so look forward to hits relaunch later hin this yar and offer my sincere condolences for when hit springs an oyeleke.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I can see where Vale fans are coming from though. After our win yesterday it got me thinking that this must be our best football league side for 20 odd years.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

I saw you at our place when they were all fit and knew then you wouldn’t go up.

You don’t have a 20 goal a season striker and that has cost you. Yes you’ve been unlucky with injuries but so have other teams. Look at FGR, they’ve sold some real talent and lost key players to injury at crucial times but I don’t see their fans on here crying like you lot.

I said you lot need to calm down because it’s either injuries, the leagues shit or if this lots were fit we’d be a top 3 squad. I’m afraid you are not. Too many players pass their prime (Legge, Pope) for example. You’ve won 4 on the bounce which is really good going but to go from the worst bunch of sorry losers to a top 3 squad in the matter of weeks is just funny.

Port Vale need to clear out the dead wood and sign a top striker in the summer then go again.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
You won't see a team defend them worse than we did today. Pretty laughable at times.

The Vale fans seem more bullish in sixteenth position than we are in fourth.......
i think Cheltenham's defending against our long throws was worse - they even put the ball in the net for us......

Reactions: RLC

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Given that in two games against Salford we’ve conceded 3 penalties, had a player through on goal only to blow back for OUR free kick, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, a red card and a blatant penalty turned down, do we think something might be up?

To make your answer slightly easier, it was the same ref in both games.

Even last season we scored from a direct free kick, celebrated it and then the 4th official ruled it out for a push in the wall (that nobody else saw).

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I can see where Vale fans are coming from though. After our win yesterday it got me thinking that this must be our best football league side for 20 odd years.

After our loss yesterday it got me thinking whether this is the worst league side mansfield have ever produced.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Given that in two games against Salford we’ve conceded 3 penalties, had a player through on goal only to blow back for OUR free kick, had a perfectly good goal disallowed, a red card and a blatant penalty turned down, do we think something might be up?

To make your answer slightly easier, it was the same ref in both games.

Even last season we scored from a direct free kick, celebrated it and then the 4th official ruled it out for a push in the wall (that nobody else saw).

On a positive note it shouldn’t be a problem next season?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I saw you at our place when they were all fit and knew then you wouldn’t go up.

You don’t have a 20 goal a season striker and that has cost you. Yes you’ve been unlucky with injuries but so have other teams. Look at FGR, they’ve sold some real talent and lost key players to injury at crucial times but I don’t see their fans on here crying like you lot.

I said you lot need to calm down because it’s either injuries, the leagues shit or if this lots were fit we’d be a top 3 squad. I’m afraid you are not. Too many players pass their prime (Legge, Pope) for example. You’ve won 4 on the bounce which is really good going but to go from the worst bunch of sorry losers to a top 3 squad in the matter of weeks is just funny.

Port Vale need to clear out the dead wood and sign a top striker in the summer then go again.

Why would we need a 20 goal striker? Goals haven’t really been the problem. Cheltenham haven’t got a 20 goal hitman.

Dave has 12 I think, but we’ve had goals all over the side. We’ve scored more than Bolton in 3rd for example. It was the defending during that October - DC arrival that cost us.

The defending now is chalk and cheese. First 10 we had the best defence in the division and were averaging 1.9PPG so no reason why we couldn’t.

The players have never been the worst, the team
Performances during that spell were the worst we’ve seen but the players ability has never been in question, compare it to the 2008/09 side or 2017/18.

We are flying now because we’ve improved the fitness to play the high press and got key players back. Won four in a row as soon as Montano and Manny returned and 13 points from 18 since Worrall. It’s no coincidence.

Those three together have been fit to fully feature in 2 games prior.. since October... Bolton 3 Port Vale 6 and Port Vale 5 Southend 1 so in the 6 games we’ve had those big players available since the bad run we’ve won them all.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sorry Vale fans as you seem an ok bunch on here but to go from ‘we’re pissing the league’ to ‘we’re going down we’re not gonna win another game all season’ and then after a few wins to go to ‘we really should be top 3 with this team’ is fucking stupid and makes you sound like you haven’t got a clue what you’re on about.
I think that is fair criticism.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I knew some of the Vale lot were weird when they had this massive ego in the summer, players wanted to go play for them because they hand out school dinners or somert :D

I remember being assured they will be getting relegated not too long back :lol:

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
we were right about hms piss the league, just wrong about which season.

i think that's what we can all take away from this

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I knew some of the Vale lot were weird when they had this massive ego in the summer, players wanted to go play for them because they hand out school dinners or somert :D

I remember being assured they will be getting relegated not too long back :lol:

irrespective of whether you’ve won 4 games in a row (we’ve won 5 in a row earlier in the season) when you lose 4-0 to mansfield i’m confident that you’re still shit!

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Why would we need a 20 goal striker? Goals haven’t really been the problem. Cheltenham haven’t got a 20 goal hitman.

Dave has 12 I think, but we’ve had goals all over the side. We’ve scored more than Bolton in 3rd for example. It was the defending during that October - DC arrival that cost us.

The defending now is chalk and cheese. First 10 we had the best defence in the division and were averaging 1.9PPG so no reason why we couldn’t.

The players have never been the worst, the team
Performances during that spell were the worst we’ve seen but the players ability has never been in question, compare it to the 2008/09 side or 2017/18.

We are flying now because we’ve improved the fitness to play the high press and got key players back. Won four in a row as soon as Montano and Manny returned and 13 points from 18 since Worrall. It’s no coincidence.

Those three together have been fit to fully feature in 2 games prior.. since October... Bolton 3 Port Vale 6 and Port Vale 5 Southend 1 so in the 6 games we’ve had those big players available since the bad run we’ve won them all.
Cheltenham can afford to not have a 20 goals a season striker because their defensive record is good and get 1-0 wins. Bolton have been the same since Jan and have a striker for them they will get them 15-20 goals.

Like others have said, it’s just embarrassing you Vale fans have gone from piss the league to we’re going down to we would finish top 3 if all fit. You also sacked a manger in between all that too.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Vale are experiencing their new manager honeymoon stage, they'll quickly turn before we all know it.

Mighty U’s

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It also seems odd that supporters of teams towards the bottom of the league regularly claim the quality is the worst it’s ever been and there are no good teams

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Vale fans are the biggest attention seekers on here and when you consider that includes Mansfield it’s some achievement

Mansfield haven’t been attention seeking for ages now, we’ve been shite for too long daft lad :lol:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We haven't got a 5 goal scorer let alone a 20
Our top scorer is on 3, and he’s a CB.
8DC2696B-06EA-4506-950C-DB3642D9A497.png

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Unfortunately some of that shit came out of the mouth of Keith Hill at full time. Apparently we prepared well for Cheltenham's tactics. Really noticeable that was.
You may have prepared for it. The players then may not have carried those instructions into the game.

The winning of the second ball is just as important as winning the first header. It's where we came unstuck against Cheltenham and to a lesser extent Carlisle and Barrow.

Casey

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Vale are experiencing their new manager honeymoon stage, they'll quickly turn before we all know it.

It may do but job is done, the change in form is more down to player availability and changes in fitness more than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!