Grimsby Town
Or the reality of Cleethorpes in October
C6C8BEA1-448E-4C60-9B73-0D00788E77B2.jpeg
To be fair it’s usually like that in August too. :dry:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Yeah but Caroline has got better looking.

It’s a bit early for a bobble hat - As my gran used to say - “she won’t feel the benefit come winter”

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I’ll stick up for Adam a bit here, it means fuck all that Grimsby were above us a few decades ago quite frankly.

Anyway carry on.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I’ll stick up for Adam a bit here, it means fuck all that Grimsby were above us a few decades ago quite frankly.

Anyway carry on.

That’s the standard you get from sides that have had better days - better to have it than not obviously, but it doesn’t count for anything

I wonder if bury mentioned that “they’re the only team in the land to score 1000 goals or whatever in each division” just before they got chucked out the league? :lol:

Last edited:

les.gtfc

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
That’s the standard you get from sides that have had better days - better to have it than not obviously, but it doesn’t count for anything

I wonder if bury mentioned that “they’re the only team in the land to score 1000 goals or whatever in each division” just before they got chucked out the league? :lol:
More likely that they're the team who hold the record for the biggest win in an FA Cup Final.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Ah, Mansfield still trying the big club routine I see.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Ah, Mansfield still trying the big club routine I see.

Who are you actually talking about though? It’s literally Adam vs 4 Grimsby fans. Stop the fake news.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Who are you actually talking about though? It’s literally Adam vs 4 Grimsby fans. Stop the fake news.
Apologies, it’s just the one fan tbf as he pipes up every time we play. Has some weird obsession with how shit Grimsby (the team and town is), though the towns are pretty much alike, except ones out on a limb. At the minute, we’re both bog standard League 2 clubs.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Apologies, it’s just the one fan tbf as he pipes up every time we play. Has some weird obsession with how shit Grimsby (the team and town is), though the towns are pretty much alike, except ones out on a limb. At the minute, we’re both bog standard League 2 clubs.

Well the plan was to not be in the same league this season but David flitcroft and the players fluffed their lines, were back to being shit again now

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

I wonder if Mansfield fans will remember all these hundreds of unsustainable thousands their club is chucking at failure to get to the promised land of L1 if they go under. That's the more interesting and relevant comparable parallel here surely?

If history is bollocks let's get real and look at the here and now.

Are you Mansfield lot bothered that your club is spunking so much money right now? I have seen a reasonable amount of talk on various platforms about how Bury fans weren't alarmed by their spending* last season. There have been murmurings on The Fishy about what we would do as a set of fans of we felt we were grossly overspending as a club. Has this been mentioned amongst you lot too? Because, come on. You lot are a Bury in the wings.

*I actually don't think Bury overspent that much last season, they just didn't offload as much as they needed to last summer to be a sustainale L2 club.

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Bury were remortgaging car park spaces and have been owned by multiple crooks, we are being funded by sponsorships and equity injection. And for what it’s worth JR has spent more on facilities than budgets, It’s a piss poor effort at a comparison. Find me clubs that are not being funded externally in the FL? Very little, so get down from Kilimanjaro.

It is higher than it needs to be and I do find it embarrassing we have such a good budget but couldn’t be arsed to find a manager, but Bury were not the norm (hence the fact they got booted out the FL) and I don’t get the comparison with them, we are more like the majority of other L2 clubs.

Last edited:

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I think most clubs are at the mercy of their owner’s other businesses. If the non football business is helping fund the football side there’s always the danger one could bring down the other.

The German model appears sustainable, with fans owning 50% of the club leading to reasonable ticket prices, but I can’t pretend to know much about it.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I think most clubs are at the mercy of their owner’s other businesses. If the non football business is helping fund the football side there’s always the danger one could bring down the other.

The German model appears sustainable, with fans owning 50% of the club leading to reasonable ticket prices, but I can’t pretend to know much about it.

Yeah, we already felt the effects to because at one point One Call got in some trouble and ended up being fined and they had to reduce the funding which in turn reduced our budget, but to be fair to JR he still funded it personally to a certain extent - I guess that’s the benefit of having a genuine fan as the owner, which is something most don’t have.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Interesting discussion, I read recently that Mr Radford is frustrated that the Mansfield public haven't supported the club more whilst he's been putting millions and millions into the club to reach the promised land......... League One.

This is the first time I am aware that he's put his long standing annoyances in black and white and it fit it's in with the comments I heard come out the Mansfailed Chairman's mouth, in person at the Meadow Lane stadium just a couple of seasons ago.

All very understandable as he's pumped millions into both off field and on field at Field Mill.

I guess at some point without the backing of the public and/or any real success (ie promotion) he was always likely to tighten his belt at some point.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Interesting discussion, I read recently that Mr Radford is frustrated that the Mansfield public haven't supported the club more whilst he's been putting millions and millions into the club to reach the promised land......... League One

This is the first time I am aware that he's put his long standing annoyances in black and white and it fit it's in with the comments I heard come out the Mansfailed Chairman's mouth, in person at the Meadow Lane stadium just a couple of seasons ago.

All very understandable as he's pumped millions into both off field and on field at Field Mill.

I guess at some point without the backing of the public and/or any real success (ie promotion) he was always likely to tighten his belt at some point.

Link? Crowds have been increasing year on year for a while now, last season was probably the highest in a decade, he actually commented how gates have started to tick upwards and he was happy with it at a recent AGM.He said similar things mingling with the fans afterwards too.

I know you support Notts County, I know that’s difficult but try and be mildly neutral at least.

Looking forward to the evidence.

Edit, fuck it I’ll actually stick the knife in, this is a question to JR and his answer in September 2017

Q – Are you disappointed with the gates so far?

John Radford – ‘No because I know gates will only improve when we start winning.’

Now go and check what happened with the results and attendances afterwards, tell you what I’ll chuck in another quote from late March too, this is from the interview after he purchased the ground from the one I shall not mention.

Radford says: “It’s been great to see the steady rise in attendances – and that’s when I’m at games I always stand up to applaud the fans because I very much appreciate them being there, as I know the players and management do too.’

Cheers.

Last edited:

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
This is getting heaving isn't it. I just thought the thread would be about the game on Saturday, not turn into: You've got more problems and debt than us, plus your towns shit.

Nice to see other teams fans joining in too (all having a go at Mansfield)!

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Link? Crowds have been increasing year on year for a while now, last season was probably the highest in a decade, he actually commented how gates have started to tick upwards and he was happy with it at a recent AGM.He said similar things mingling with the fans afterwards too.

I know you support Notts County, I know that’s difficult but try and be mildly neutral at least.

Looking forward to the evidence.

Edit, fuck it I’ll actually stick the knife in, this is a question to JR and his answer in September 2017

Q – Are you disappointed with the gates so far?

John Radford – ‘No because I know gates will only improve when we start winning.’

Now go and check what happened with the results and attendances afterwards, tell you what I’ll chuck in another quote from late March too, this is from the interview after he purchased the ground from the one I shall not mention.

Radford says: “It’s been great to see the steady rise in attendances – and that’s when I’m at games I always stand up to applaud the fans because I very much appreciate them being there, as I know the players and management do too.’

Cheers.

I believe it was in the Mansfield Chad newspaper or the Football League Paper.

He basically just repeated what he said in the Guest area of Meadow Lane's Derek Pavis stand at HT at a recent Nottinghamshire derby game.

Hardly surprising. And yes you are right, everything said at clubs fans forums especially by manager or Charman is 109% truthful and honest. They never pander to the audience and say what they want them to hear. Never :ohy:

September 2017 quote - 04/10/19

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
This is getting heaving isn't it. I just thought the thread would be about the game on Saturday, not turn into: You've got more problems and debt than us, plus your towns shit.

Nice to see other teams fans joining in too (all having a go at Mansfield)!
Oi, don’t count me in that. I’ve not had a go. I’d love to have an owner who was an actual fan.

We had one, Andrew Black who funded di Canio, who didn’t even like football!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I believe it was in the Mansfield Chad newspaper or the Football League Paper.

He basically just repeated what he said in the Guest area of Meadow Lane's Derek Pavis stand at HT at a recent Nottinghamshire derby game.

Hardly surprising. And yes you are right, everything said at clubs fans forums especially by manager or Charman is 109% truthful and honest. They never pander to the audience and say what they want them to hear. Never :ohy:

September 2017 quote - 04/10/19

Looking forward to reading this quote mate, make sure you tag me when it’s posted, really surprised it’s not made Stagsnet. Ps the second quote was March, 27/03/2019, which supports the argument they significantly improved when we started to do well like he hoped so, stop clutching at straws and find that evidence I’m genuinely interested.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
His name is Keith Haslam.

Why quote Sept 2017? Its hardly earth shattering quotes is it, "gates will increase when we start winning" f#+k me that's genius, football fans flock to see winning team shocker! Lol

Of course during your "Golden Period" of Top 7 L2 with lots of financial backing provided to the likes of Evans and Flitcroft to purchase some great players for this level permanently and on loan , no wonder the attendances 'steadily increased' why wouldn't they? You would expected more growth though right?

I heard the words out of his own mouth from about 6 feet away. Obviously you in the away stand across the pitch knew it didn't happen that day. [Whilst looking at the impressive away following] "I wish we got this number of fans at Field Mill each week" . Please note he might of said supporters instead of fans, but the message was clear.

If I find it, I will do.

P.S. I love the fact you've asked someone to be less biased on this forum when talking about football lol. That request could be sent to almost everyone. Too many examples in the Stags ranks alone

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
John Radford was happy with the support last season, unless of course he just goes around lying to supporters and directors like you comically suggested. I’ve provided two quotes that back my story up, you have apparently heard him say to the contrary at a game and also he’s put it in a newspaper which you can’t even recall which paper it was or what the quote was, I don’t see why you would lie about that, but similarly I don’t see why somebody would run two accounts on the same forum either.

Either way you are completely anonymous on here, so either find evidence which is definitely out there if it happened or just admit you made it up. I genuinely don’t know which is correct but either way there’s nowt wrong with being stubborn mate but don’t worry about admitting you were incorrect on a Internet forum, there’s no fall back :)

I recommend Stags fans united website if you want to scour any AGM or Fans forum quotes from the man himself in future.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Bury were remortgaging car park spaces and have been owned by multiple crooks, we are being funded by sponsorships and equity injection. And for what it’s worth JR has spent more on facilities than budgets, It’s a piss poor effort at a comparison. Find me clubs that are not being funded externally in the FL? Very little, so get down from Kilimanjaro.

It is higher than it needs to be and I do find it embarrassing we have such a good budget but couldn’t be arsed to find a manager, but Bury were not the norm (hence the fact they got booted out the FL) and I don’t get the comparison with them, we are more like the majority of other L2 clubs.
Mr Conker, I put it to the right honourable folk of 1FF that you are therefore claiming Mansfield have never been owned by a crook! Do you refute this claim?

Sponsorships and "equity injection" LOLLLL. Why are you trying to dress up Radford bankrolling you? Of course all clubs receive actual legitimate sponsorship from external sources. Clubs down here that aren't kept afloat by their owners/player sales/cup runs though? Over the last few seasons us, Stevenage, Accrington, Yeovil, Newport, maybe Port Vale, possibly Luton, Barnet...there are plenty of clubs being ran sensibly and sustainably .

Thanks though, you've answered my question - you couldn't really care that your club is at risk. Your head's looking a bit clean mate, time to put it back in the sand and enjoy your promotion charge...

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Mr Conker, I put it to the right honourable folk of 1FF that you are therefore claiming Mansfield have never been owned by a crook! Do you refute this claim?

Sponsorships and "equity injection" LOLLLL. Why are you trying to dress up Radford bankrolling you? Of course all clubs receive actual legitimate sponsorship from external sources. Clubs down here that aren't kept afloat by their owners/player sales/cup runs though? Over the last few seasons us, Stevenage, Accrington, Yeovil, Newport, maybe Port Vale, possibly Luton, Barnet...there are plenty of clubs being ran sensibly and sustainably .

Thanks though, you've answered my question - you couldn't really care that your club is at risk. Your head's looking a bit clean mate, time to put it back in the sand and enjoy your promotion charge...

Definitely being bankrolled shag, by One Call but I was just saying we are more comparable to other L2 clubs not Bury, fair? If One Call were to fall in to trouble so would we like I said happened a few post back but luckily JR was willing to fill the gap via his personal funds.

We actually last made a profit in 2017 but then JR decided to change tact with Steve Evans, incredibly despite having a budget around the £3m mark we only lost £160,00 (which is incredibly low considering) last year which JR covered via shares, with a unknown amount of income being sponsorship hence why I mentioned Sponorship and equity which you laughed at loud at, despite it being factually correct, oops!

Just to be clear our sponsorship income I imagine is incredibly high for our level, One Call is plastered everywhere, and I’m highly skeptical of most clubs you mentioned that are running sustainably without any income. Stevenage and Newport and Yeovil have had recent investment, Accrington just had their pitch done via a £250,000 owners loan and Fenty has not needed to pump in money at all the last few years?

So yeah you got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about the mountain reference, I’ll use something a little lower next time :D

Last edited:

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
You think Chairman say the same thing at a designated fans forum over the mic as they do in the boardroom and in the more private setting hospitality areas at football matches? Wow!

Why would I lie about what I heard him say? What did he say which sounds so unbelievable? Huge away following, wished more of them went through turnstiles at Field MFI.

SoC - We don't need to talk about Keith Haslam , as anyone from the local area knows exactly what he did , what damage and misery he inflicted on the Loyal supporters of MTFC for a considerable period of time. Nasty piece of work by all accounts and very damaging to the football club.

Of course Radford is bankrolling the club, more than most clubs I suspect but like almost every lower league football club. As long as the funds remain available either personal or via company then everything is Rosey, when they aren't is when the turd hits the fan and you run into serious problems. Well that's what I've heard ;)

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Definitely being bankrolled shag, by One Call but I was just saying we are more comparable to other L2 clubs not Bury, fair? If One Call were to fall in to trouble so would we like I said happened a few post back but luckily JR was willing to fill the gap via his personal funds.

We actually last made a profit in 2017 but then JR decided to change tact with Steve Evans, incredibly despite having a budget around the £3m mark we only lost £160,00 (which is incredibly low considering) last year which JR covered via shares, with a unknown amount of income being sponsorship hence why I mentioned Sponorship and equity which you laughed at loud at, despite it being factually correct, oops!

Just to be clear our sponsorship income I imagine is incredibly high for our level, One Call is plastered everywhere, and I’m highly skeptical of most clubs you mentioned that are running sustainably without any income. Stevenage and Newport and Yeovil have had recent investment, Accrington just had their pitch done via a £250,000 owners loan and Fenty has not needed to pump in money at all the last few years?

So yeah you got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about the mountain reference, I’ll use something a little lower next time :D

Blimy this has taken off a little since I was last on here.

I was on the understanding that Grimsby were heavily indebted to Fenty but then largely hate him at the same time, which is an interesting one.

It’s one of the reasons why folk have been so critical of Carolyn - fair enough - her posts are usually ridiculous, they're self-appreciating and done to draw attention to herself that she probably doesn’t get from the husband she married to for money (said pretty much everyone - before others “up there” confirmed).

However, despite the pitfalls of which there are - I look at what haslam did - I look at the thoroughly desperate state of our 2 closest rivals - languishing down in the conference in all sorts of bother everywhere - and realise that despite that - their interests are still in MTFC.

The problem being is with the radfords moving to Portugal for tax reasons (tut tut) it allowed others to step in like Hymas - who was largely behind the ridiculous decision to appoint dempster - to influence things which has led to problems at board level.

I think a lot of fans are worried that our continued failure to gain promotion under their “project” could cause them to become bored - but I guess time will tell.

The expected loss tomorrow - surely Grimsby can’t be that bad - should be the final nail in dempsters coffin - id like to think (however unlikely - through the club offering and/or dempster accepting) that he’d retain a role within the club.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny69
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV