Grimsby v Mansfield

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Definitely being bankrolled shag, by One Call but I was just saying we are more comparable to other L2 clubs not Bury, fair? If One Call were to fall in to trouble so would we like I said happened a few post back but luckily JR was willing to fill the gap via his personal funds.

We actually last made a profit in 2017 but then JR decided to change tact with Steve Evans, incredibly despite having a budget around the £3m mark we only lost £160,00 (which is incredibly low considering) last year which JR covered via shares, with a unknown amount of income being sponsorship hence why I mentioned Sponorship and equity which you laughed at loud at, despite it being factually correct, oops!

Just to be clear our sponsorship income I imagine is incredibly high for our level, One Call is plastered everywhere, and I’m highly skeptical of most clubs you mentioned that are running sustainably without any income. Stevenage and Newport and Yeovil have had recent investment, Accrington just had their pitch done via a £250,000 owners loan and Fenty has not needed to pump in money at all the last few years?

So yeah you got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about the mountain reference, I’ll use something a little lower next time :D

No Fenty has not pumped money in in recent years in fact in the last accounts he took 200k back out much to some fans disgust.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Yes Adam, you and your fellow Staggies have no interest in Chesterfield or Notts now they are in a division below Mansfailed! Bar your regular posts in the Non League forum and the thousands of posts about the two near neighbours on Stagsnet. If you ignore all go that , then yes you are right. Absolutely nailed it :fl:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Definitely being bankrolled shag, by One Call but I was just saying we are more comparable to other L2 clubs not Bury, fair? If One Call were to fall in to trouble so would we like I said happened a few post back but luckily JR was willing to fill the gap via his personal funds.

We actually last made a profit in 2017 but then JR decided to change tact with Steve Evans, incredibly despite having a budget around the £3m mark we only lost £160,00 (which is incredibly low considering) last year which JR covered via shares, with a unknown amount of income being sponsorship hence why I mentioned Sponorship and equity which you laughed at loud at, despite it being factually correct, oops!

Just to be clear our sponsorship income I imagine is incredibly high for our level, One Call is plastered everywhere, and I’m highly skeptical of most clubs you mentioned that are running sustainably without any income. Stevenage and Newport and Yeovil have had recent investment, Accrington just had their pitch done via a £250,000 owners loan and Fenty has not needed to pump in money at all the last few years?

So yeah you got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about the mountain reference, I’ll use something a little lower next time :D
That is bonkers only losing 160k, how did that even happen? I laughed at the phrase "equity injection" as it's a needlessly grandiose turn of phrase for One Call which is essentially Radford too, right?

And yeah Fenty hasn't pumped a dime in since the promotion. Admittedly the first season back up's books were helped by the Bogle sale but since then we've been ran really well as far as I can gather.

Stadium upkeep/maintenance is an interesting addition to the debate though, and one that often gets overlooked. Admittedly by myself here, too. We've got new floodlights this season, I'm unsure how they were paid for it now that I mention it haha. Any other Town fans know?

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
That is bonkers only losing 160k, how did that even happen? I laughed at the phrase "equity injection" as it's a needlessly grandiose turn of phrase for One Call which is essentially Radford too, right?

And yeah Fenty hasn't pumped a dime in since the promotion. Admittedly the first season back up's books were helped by the Bogle sale but since then we've been ran really well as far as I can gather.

Stadium upkeep/maintenance is an interesting addition to the debate though, and one that often gets overlooked. Admittedly by myself here, too. We've got new floodlights this season, I'm unsure how they were paid for it now that I mention it haha. Any other Town fans know?

Fair enough, do you think without the Bogle sale you might have required external investment to keep the budget competitive? The loss is low likely due to sponsorship but we not find out until the next AGM.

We went from like £10k travel accommodation to like £300k under Evans and Flitcroft, overnight stays at Northampton? Fuck off. It’s something I’ve been highly critical about to the club.

You think Chairman say the same thing at a designated fans forum over the mic as they do in the boardroom and in the more private setting hospitality areas at football matches? Wow!

Why would I lie about what I heard him say? What did he say which sounds so unbelievable? Huge away following, wished more of them went through turnstiles at Field MFI.

SoC - We don't need to talk about Keith Haslam , as anyone from the local area knows exactly what he did , what damage and misery he inflicted on the Loyal supporters of MTFC for a considerable period of time. Nasty piece of work by all accounts and very damaging to the football club.

Of course Radford is bankrolling the club, more than most clubs I suspect but like almost every lower league football club. As long as the funds remain available either personal or via company then everything is Rosey, when they aren't is when the turd hits the fan and you run into serious problems. Well that's what I've heard ;)

am I ever going to see this evidence mate? Let me know if not the anticipation is killing me. I hope it’s found, will be a great talking point for Stagsnet.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
We don't have a competitive budget it was widely reported to be around 17th in the division last season.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
We don't have a competitive budget it was widely reported to be around 17th in the division last season.

Possibly increased this season then? From a outsider wages look likely to be higher this season on paper.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Possibly increased this season then? From a outsider wages look likely to be higher this season on paper.

Unlikely not by a lot anyway, we lost Thomas and Welsh replaced with Green and Hanson. We have 4 regular players that came through the youth plus a couple young loanees. Only other recent signing that may be well paid is Waterfall.

Jolley said at start of the season the wage structure has been allowed to change in that in the past most players were on roughly the same, now he can pay some players more than others, so the youth is offsetting the better paid players that wouldn't have happened in previous years.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Fair enough, do you think without the Bogle sale you might have required external investment to keep the budget competitive? The loss is low likely due to sponsorship but we not find out until the next AGM.

We went from like £10k travel accommodation to like £300k under Evans and Flitcroft, overnight stays at Northampton? Fuck off. It’s something I’ve been highly critical about to the club.

am I ever going to see this evidence mate? Let me know if not the anticipation is killing me. I hope it’s found, will be a great talking point for Stagsnet.

Good choice to ignore the rest.

Am I ever going to see this evidence??? You've only given me half a day and I'm at work lol. As a Stags fan the last thing I expected you to be in inpatient lol.

If I find it I will post it on here for you,and then you can post it on Stagsnet. Do you think it will get more posts than the Notts thread (over 3000 posts, but clearly don't care) :thumbs:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Haha, that is ridiculous. Surely the players don't want to stay over in Northampton?!

At work at the moment, so can't be arsed to go through the accounts (they're up on Companies House) but I think...and please correct me if I'm wrong other Town fans...that we made a profit of just over a million the season we sold Bogle, so yeah I think there or thereabouts we would have broken even.

Unlikely not by a lot anyway, we lost Thomas and Welsh replaced with Green and Hanson. We have 4 regular players that came through the youth plus a couple young loanees. Only other recent signing that may be well paid is Waterfall.

Jolley said at start of the season the wage structure has been allowed to change in that in the past most players were on roughly the same, now he can pay some players more than others, so the youth is offsetting the better paid players that wouldn't have happened in previous years.
Yeah. Another difference this season is that our top earners are actually playing football and not kicking their toys out the pram/beating up grannies at bus stops. Woolford won't have been on peanuts either. Last season we were nowhere near getting the most out of our budget. I'd be surprised if it has increased but we'll have to wait a bit to find that out, I guess.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Good choice to ignore the rest.

Am I ever going to see this evidence??? You've only given me half a day and I'm at work lol. As a Stags fan the last thing I expected you to be in inpatient lol.

If I find it I will post it on here for you,and then you can post it on Stagsnet. Do you think it will get more posts than the Notts thread (over 3000 posts, but clearly don't care) :thumbs:

I had to ignore because your argument is woefully weak and without any evidence unlike mine, you heard him say somert at a game which is true according to you but everything he said to people at several other occasions and in public AGM/fans forum is false. Absolute poor form. at least put some effort in.

All you’ve given me is what you heard, which is
to the contrary of what he’s said publicly and to people at different points, I actually had real quotes. Find the newspaper article and we can carry on this discussion, I’m still amazed I’ve not heard of this famous article before. Cannie wait.

Last edited:

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Haha, that is ridiculous. Surely the players don't want to stay over in Northampton?!

At work at the moment, so can't be arsed to go through the accounts (they're up on Companies House) but I think...and please correct me if I'm wrong other Town fans...that we made a profit of just over a million the season we sold Bogle, so yeah I think there or thereabouts we would have broken even.

Yeah. Another difference this season is that our top earners are actually playing football and not kicking their toys out the pram/beating up grannies at bus stops. Woolford won't have been on peanuts either. Last season we were nowhere near getting the most out of our budget. I'd be surprised if it has increased but we'll have to wait a bit to find that out, I guess.

Aye made a profit of 1m (with player trading of 820k) in 2017 and then a loss of 36k in 2018

Directors loans went down by 200k both years too from 2.2m to 2m in 2017 and to 1.8m in 2018

Last edited:

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
You seriously think what is said in the boardroom is the same that is said to the fans? You can't be that naive surely? I refuse to believe it

Let me guess, you also think what managers say in the dressing room post match is the same as they say to the local press just 15 mins later?

Maybe Mr Radford's comments were influenced by the Big Day Out away following in front of him? An impressive site let me assure you.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Just read this thread for the first time whilst on the toilet having a Mansfield. Grimsby will turn us over as they always do at BP.

Not going to say I want us to lose so we can let Dempster go because we wouldn't anyway but another loss tomorrow matched with a below average performance and I'll be struggling to see how he is ever going to turn this around. We are already 9 points off the play offs.

Anyway I've only seen us score 2 here and we shipped 7 that day..

4 nil Grimsby.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
This is one of those games were all stags fans predict a loss, most others expect a Grimsby win.

So a guaranteed stags win it is.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

How is it possible to have such a low budget when your average attendances are in the top 10?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
This is one of those games were all stags fans predict a loss, most others expect a Grimsby win.

So a guaranteed stags win it is.

I expected us to beat you at Blundell park last season as we were quite clearly the better side - and we did win.

The side we have has no midfield, it has no manager, it has no leadership, it has no tactics it has no clue.

With dempster in charge I’m that genuinely worried that I’m glad there’s only 1 relegation spot

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
How is it possible to have such a low budget when your average attendances are in the top 10?
B536F0D5-508E-462D-836C-3F4F00E9BCD7.jpeg

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I have only been to Grimsby once but I have to admit that I didn't like it. That said, I do like some of Grimsby's cultural exports: SoC, Les.Gtfc and more importantly Pontoonlew. Perhaps there is something to be said for growing up in squalor. :bg:

If Grimsby turn up then they should win. Green will probably score.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Over 600 tickets sold so it’s already beat Adamstag expectations.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

Because Fenty is not putting money in anymore so we can't afford to have competitive budgets. Either that or we lose money

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Over 600 tickets sold so it’s already beat Adamstag expectations.

I’m pleased we’ve have, I enjoyed the performance at port vale to a degree - they actually looked liked they knew what they were doing until yet another fuck up by the communication by the hapless Logan and the defence.

The lure of Nantwich vs Morpeth in the 3rd qualifying round of the da cup was just too much to resist.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
John Radford was happy with the support last season, unless of course he just goes around lying to supporters and directors like you comically suggested. I’ve provided two quotes that back my story up, you have apparently heard him say to the contrary at a game and also he’s put it in a newspaper which you can’t even recall which paper it was or what the quote was, I don’t see why you would lie about that, but similarly I don’t see why somebody would run two accounts on the same forum either.

Either way you are completely anonymous on here, so either find evidence which is definitely out there if it happened or just admit you made it up. I genuinely don’t know which is correct but either way there’s nowt wrong with being stubborn mate but don’t worry about admitting you were incorrect on a Internet forum, there’s no fall back :)

I recommend Stags fans united website if you want to scour any AGM or Fans forum quotes from the man himself in future.

http://stagsfansunited.blogspot.com

SFU website with details of accounts if anyone is interested.

JR just converted £250k of debt into shares due to League Two regs,

which followed £500k by Hymas, £177k by Middleton and £500 by JR.

This £1.177m of debt was run up in the Conference.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It's not a low budget though, is it? Our placing on the table merely highlights how many teams are spending beyond their means.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Any Mansfield fans who post on Stagsnet can you let this guy know that the bridge he talks about that takes you straight to the away end is now closed off so anyone going that way will have a very very long walk back down the seafront and down Grimsby Road to get to the ground.
4021EF79-B5EB-4363-B6B4-E41C1CE459C4.jpeg

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Any Mansfield fans who post on Stagsnet can you let this guy know that the bridge he talks about that takes you straight to the away end is now closed off so anyone going that way will have a very very long walk back down the seafront and down Grimsby Road to get to the ground.

I've put this on Stagsnet. Thanks.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Oi, don’t count me in that. I’ve not had a go. I’d love to have an owner who was an actual fan.

We had one, Andrew Black who funded di Canio, who didn’t even like football!

I see the player that Di Canio sacked after a couple of games is now playing in the Premiership at the age of 34.

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
Jolley tactically masterminded the win at Exeter just a few days after he tactically failed at Chelsea, which in itself isn't a shameful thing but it underlines the fact that he is still very much learning the trade. He's given himself a dilemma here as he knows he can play a team without regulars Hanson and Green and still be successful if the situation is right. He will have done his homework and know which way to set up although fans will now be screaming for a lineup similar to Exeter as it's much more pleasing on the eye.

Not convinced it will be a simple home win, we've seen it all too often that we can go beat the undefeated team leaders away just to concede to a pathetic loss at home to a team in turmoil. We're prone to a slip up at the back so Mansfield are bound to score with the quality they have up front. We're a team that generally gets stronger as the game goes on though so if they're fragile in anyway we should be able to capitalise. We've finally had a week without a game in between so I'm expecting an energetic performance at the very least.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I don’t think you lot realise how shit we are, I mean it’s not beyond the realms of possibility we will win but it require you to be pretty awful.

Also at the start of the season we kept making mistakes in our own box, but recently it’s been in the opponents box - we keep passing it to the goalkeeper instead of shooting. Dunno why, think they just can’t be arsed.

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
IMG_20191005_140351.jpg

About the team I expected, a mixture of height in Hanson and pace in Wright. Cook and Robson in the middle allow us to really knock it about. Robson has been brilliant recently and could be the Embleton-like spark we've needed to really kick on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny69
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV