Keep, Get Rid or Undecided?

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sort of yeah. My granddad worked for them for a while as assistant groundsman during the mid to late 90's. I got to come along to The Cliff a few times and met some of the players, which as a young lad was amazing. As I got older I wanted to be able to go to games more regularly with a few mates and enjoy the bantz rather then travelling for hours up the M5 & 6 with whatever family member would come along, so started supporting my local team instead.
You being a United fan certainly explains your demeanour on here.
Arrogance.
Failure to admit when in the wrong.
Unlikeability.
Etc.......

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
You being a United fan certainly explains your demeanour on here.
Arrogance.
Failure to admit when in the wrong.
Unlikeability.
Etc.......

With my United hat on and I can laugh at how small and tinpot you are though. You got no fans.:bdick:

We take more away then you get at home.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
With my United hat on and I can laugh at how small and tinpot you are though. You got no fans.:bdick:

We take more away then you get at home.
Yeah but we are one match away from the FA Trophy final, United have never even got past the first round in the FA Trophy, tinpot bastards!

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Keep:
Master D - Seems to appreciate my banter, and chips in with his own. New two-year deal.
Giuseley Steve - Doesn't take the forum too seriously with some 'dad jokes' but still offers some good info on Guiseley. Another year.
Aberstone - Likes good banter, evident by his good moderation style. Another year.
GTFCfish - Doesn't actually seem to be GTFC1979. Another year.
Bluandwhite - Posts good stuff about Chester.
DontBringBertie - A Woking fan that doesn't INFIGHT with me.

Undecieded:
Railway Blue - Don't seem him much on here anymore. Was fun having a laugh with.
Shotsfan1993 - Quite good having someone obsessed with Woking, who isn't a Woking fan.
Luke Imp - A 'Good Poster™'. Borders on Too Serious 1FFer™ at times.
Southern Shayman - Might be funny seeing him post in the Conference North thread if such an opportunity arises. Will hopefully become Woking's accountant.
Chris FGR - Parody of himself now, really. Helps to keep the Too Serious 1FFers™ at bay.

Get rid:
Mark kavanagh - Can't construct a sentence properly so not worth reading his posts.
Vanni - Shouldn't even be on this forum anyway.
Frealaf - Only posts to moan about something.
DarkSithLord - Leader of the Too Serious 1FFers™, unfortunately.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Glad to see that I don't feature...must be on loan to Boreham Wood, with my contract running out, like a fair chunk of our squad!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Btw, if we go up I'm off to the league 2 section.

I'm not going to be some weirdo who hangs around ON THE WRONG FORUM. It's like hanging out with a load of kids from the year below you at school.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Keep:
Master D - Seems to appreciate my banter, and chips in with his own. New two-year deal.
Giuseley Steve - Doesn't take the forum too seriously with some 'dad jokes' but still offers some good info on Guiseley. Another year.
Aberstone - Likes good banter, evident by his good moderation style. Another year.

Undecieded:
Railway Blue - Don't seem him much on here anymore. Was fun having a laugh with.
Shotsfan1993 - Quite good having someone obsessed with Woking, who isn't a Woking fan.
Southern Shayman - Might be funny seeing him post in the Conference North thread if such an opportunity arises. Will hopefully become Woking's accountant.
Chris FGR - Parody of himself now, really. Helps to keep the Too Serious 1FFers™ at bay.

Get rid:
Mark kavanagh - Can't construct a sentence properly so not worth reading his posts.
I want a 2 year deal. :(

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Glad to see that I don't feature...must be on loan to Boreham Wood, with my contract running out, like a fair chunk of our squad!

Actually, you're one of the better (if only) FGR posters on here from what I've seen. Will be part of the first team squad next year after a successful loan at Boreham Wood.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Keep:

Undecieded:

Get rid:

It's nice to know I'm not a definite get rid.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Has Tom Shaw actually been dropped from the starting XI?

He played in the County Cup game on Monday and subbed a sub today, but I suppose you'd call him a fringe player.

Would you like to come in for him?

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
He played in the County Cup game on Monday and subbed a sub today, but I suppose you'd call him a fringe player.

Would you like to come in for him?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Hoping we do. Have a feeling he isnt on the best terms with Nicky though.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Oh really Sparrow? :( I was expecting to see my name together with the Undecieded boys.

That's it. I'm not going to post on or even read 'your' forum anymore. Nah, just kidding :fing:

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
All of them, just fuck them all off down the road. Having shipped 12 (twelve) in the last two aways, with more to come at FGR on Friday, they are just not fit to wear the shirt.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Agree with most of the above except still think there is room for ARH in the squad but if he's not going to play at least 50% of our games no point in keeping him!
Symington - what is he!! We know he's not a defender or a midfielder and too slow to play out wide at this level - so bye bye Dave!
Would imagine we will see another keeper brought in during the summer, so will young Danny be happy as third choice?
Jase the ace may just miss the cut at the end of the season, him and Ben Tomlinson very similar in my opinion.

I agree that Symington hasn't been great, but I've put undecided as I think he's got some ability - he didn't really get a fair go on the wing (one, maybe two starts) and I actually think he's the sort of player that could replace Harvey. ARH offers nothing in about 95% of his appearances then has one absolute stormer that tricks people into thinking he's decent.
Walker and Tomlinson don't add much to this squad at all, in my opinion.

ShrewdBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Keep

Jon Worsnop (as backup to Thompson)
Sam Hughes
Ben Heneghan
Ryan Astles
Johnny Hunt (as a midfielder)
John Rooney
Tony Thompson
Ross Hannah
James Alabi
Luke George (if he can stay fit)

Undecided

Ryan Higgins - very unremarkable season imo. Bluandwhite not happy with him though and Bluandwhite is generally right about everything Chester related so maybe get rid.

Craig Mahon - nowhere near as good as last season. Not sure what's happened with him. We know what he is capable of though and would edge towards keeping in the hope he finds the form of last season.

Jordan Chappell - started well then was awful for months and now is better but would prefer him to be a bit more consistent.

Kane Richards - has ability but think he could be too lightweight.

Get Rid

Craig Hobson - As Hobson's number one fan, I will be sad to see him go and I think he has been harshly treated by many of our fans.

Tom Shaw - think he is contracted but I don't want to see him anywhere near Chester FC in the future - lazy and crap. I will drive him personally to DSL's house if it means Alfreton will take him back.

Ian Sharps - Not up to it anymore

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Keep

Jon Worsnop (as backup to Thompson)
Sam Hughes
Ben Heneghan
Ryan Astles
Johnny Hunt (as a midfielder)
John Rooney
Tony Thompson
Ross Hannah
James Alabi
Luke George (if he can stay fit)

Undecided

Ryan Higgins - very unremarkable season imo. Bluandwhite not happy with him though and Bluandwhite is generally right about everything Chester related so maybe get rid.

Craig Mahon - nowhere near as good as last season. Not sure what's happened with him. We know what he is capable of though and would edge towards keeping in the hope he finds the form of last season.

Jordan Chappell - started well then was awful for months and now is better but would prefer him to be a bit more consistent.

Kane Richards - has ability but think he could be too lightweight.

Get Rid

Craig Hobson - As Hobson's number one fan, I will be sad to see him go and I think he has been harshly treated by many of our fans.

Tom Shaw - think he is contracted but I don't want to see him anywhere near Chester FC in the future - lazy and crap. I will drive him personally to DSL's house if it means Alfreton will take him back.

Ian Sharps - Not up to it anymore

I'm on the same line of thinking except I'd put Hunt and Worsnop in the undecided list and Higgins in the get rid list.

Higgins just needlessly gives the ball away all of the time and it's got really tiresome now. This time last year I was really happy with him and thought he'd improve but has gone so far backwards. Hunt gets on my nerves as well but can see him staying as he has his admirers for his effort. But personally I've grown really tired of watching the pair of them.

I'm not a Worsnop hater by any means, reasonable keeper at this level in my opinion but I expect he would be an expensive number two.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Under Contract (Until Summer 2017)

Lindon Meikle - KEEP - Very shrewd signing by Nicky for this level, Was one of our main catalysts behind our good unbratenn run. Performance level has dipped recently though. Needs to up it again.

Ryan Wilson - GET RID - Started ok, arguably scored our goal of the season in a 2-1 home win v Worcester back in September. Not done anything at all since really. Doesnt look up to this level

Out of Contract

Goal Keepers

Matt Duke - KEEP - Has been excellent this season. Very reliable and still has plenty in him at 38. Deservedly won Conference North player of the Month back in February after a string of world class saves.

Nick Draper - UNDECIDED - Hasnt really impressed in an Alfreton shirt. Has something about him though. He has won MOTM 4 times during a short loan spell at Scarborough Athletic in the Evo Stik Division One North. If the opportunity arises to bring Jon Worsnop back from Chester though Id get rid in a flash.

Defence

Cliff Moyo - KEEP - Has improved as the season gone on. Average left back at this level. You can do a lot better but also a lot worse.
Niall Heaton - KEEP- Very promising 19 year old Centre back. Looks to have built an superb partnership with Brad McGowan before Brads unfortunate injury.
Tom Allan - GET RID - Unreliable clumsy and always has a mistake in him.
Todd Jordan - GET RID - No idea what Lincoln saw in him. Poor. Good riddance.
Sam Berry - GET RID - Utter rubbish. In a feud with Nicky Law and has refused to go out on Loan. Will be out the door as the soon as the Final whistle goes on the final day of the season.
Brad McGowan - KEEP!! - Looks an quality defender in the making and an absolute gem of a find. Could well follow in the footsteps of Aden Flint. Looks more composed and stronger then Aden did when he first joined.
Jullian Banton - KEEP - Looks solid. Blades fans expect him to be fighting for a place in the first team at Bramall Lane.

Midfield

Sam Jones - KEEP - Has been excellent overall. 16 goals from Midfield in all comps is not to be sniffed at. Reported interest from FL clubs perhaps unsurprisingly and since then performances have dipped. Confirmed by a very poor and stupid Red last week for a stamp right in front of the Referee which landed him a 3 game suspension.

Dan Bradley - KEEP!! - Just oozes quality at this level. defenders just cant handle him.Guaranteed to attarct interest perhaps from Lincoln again.
Andi Thanoj - KEEP - Has been dissapointing this season and inconsisent but is a solid player at this level with an excellent free kick on him. Can do better. Needs a kick up the backside.
Joe Leesley - GET RID - Disappointing this season and has looked a shadow of his former self from last season since Christmas. Looks Lazy and uninterested.
Cecil Nyoni - GET RID - Has shown signs of promise but failed to turn up at all yesterday against FC United. He was disciplined and sacked for a similar offence at Harrogate and has clearly not learned. Unreliable.
Joe Doyle - UNDECIDED - Has only been here for a few weeks and is very young. Looks to have a good workrate.

Strikers

Jamie Jackson - KEEP - Deependable has an excellent burst of pace and knows where the net is. Needs to stay match fit though.
Sam Smith - GET RID - Can do a lot better than him. Wastful. Evo Stik Divison One is his level I think
Jodan Robertson - GET RID - Started well with 7 goals in October. Has really quality at Conference North level but is very lazy, and doesnt look interested now.

Got a busy summer in front of us with a large amount of player turnover I think. Needs to be a clearout particularly at the back and additions need to be made throughout the squad. All down to the budget of course.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
All of them, just fuck them all off down the road. Having shipped 12 (twelve) in the last two aways, with more to come at FGR on Friday, they are just not fit to wear the shirt.

To be fair to Gallagher he did ok yesterday, but for a lot of the second half he was left on his own in central midfielder against 3 Altrincham players, anyone would struggle in that position.

I posted a list the other day about who i'd keep over the season but the keep list will be significantly smaller if I see too much more like the last 2 away games. The players have 7 games left to earn a contract rather than cruise towards their holidays!

Also many more performances like today and i'll be putting the management team in the get rid section - they also have 7 games to sort this out!

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
These always create a bit of debate so with one game left who do you want your team to keep/tell to piss off?

Under Contract -

GK - Ian Ormson
- fine as a back up but no way should he be our number 1.
CM - Lewis Montrose - I'll still be surprised if he stays as he's clearly too good for this level.
CM - Glenn Rule - Really hope he stays as at the start of the season he was brilliant and instantly became a fan favourite, but then got hit with a ten game ban, got rushed back and played with an injury and not been the same, but I'm not sure he's a Gannon player.
AM - John Marsden - Been brilliant since he signed in January and is already our top scorer and contender for player of the year.
ST - George West - A kid.

Out of contract

GK - Danny Hurt
- Been injured for ages now but was the best keeper in the league last season. Keep

RB Danny Morton -
his first season at this level and hasn't looked out of place, gets caught out a bit defensively but personally think he's better as a winger. Keep

CB Sean O'Hanlon
- a few critics but overall had a good season, the type of defender you need in your side. Keep.

CB - Paul Connolly -
can play RB too and has had a solid season, if he's on a low-ish wage I'd keep.

LB Gareth Roberts -
He's nearly 40 but has had a good season considering, I wouldn't be against keeping him. Only thing concerning is his age. Not sure.

CB Chris Smalley -
doesn't convince me as much as others, as back up yeah but we want promotion next season and I think we can do better Go

CB/RB/CDM Ryan Ellison -
Back up player but covers a few positions nicely. Keep.

LM - Joe Garvin -
only on a low wage I assume and has done well, struggled with injury and most of his starts have been a left back but deserves a second season. Keep

CM - Tom Field
Not seen anything from him that makes me want him to stay. Go

CM - Wade Joyce -
on Non Contract so will probably go.

CM Charlie Russel -
another young player that covers a few positions, best known for that WWE moment at Worcester but he'll be on like £150 a week if that so he can stay.

LM Sam Grimshaw
- barely played and I've only seen him play 30 mins so I can't say.

RM - Jamie Menagh - struggled at the start but I really like him now, seems like a Gannon type player, too. Good technically, although we possibly need better to start. Keep.

ST Obi Anouro -
Gannon's first signing as he played well in his first game against Gloucester, his scoring record is good for us but his all round game is limited, wouldn't be against him saying but I think we can do better, maybe a bit harsh but go.

ST - Kayode Odejayi
the tough one. 50% of County fans will say he should stay, the other 50% will say go. He'll be on a big wage, and on that big wage, we get a player who wins his aerial battles, holds the ball up very well, but doesn't score, and a striker like that will not get you promoted. Lower your wages big man or go.

ST Richard Brodie
another one who splits opinion, he always gets booked for dissent and comes across as a bit of an arsehole, he's a natural goalscorer though and is capable of getting 20 goals. Keep

Loan players

Brandon Wilson - done well but can do better. Go.
Marcus Poscha
- played once and was shit. Go
Dean Henderson -
a slightly better version of Ormson. Go.

I've probably missed a few players off, and with Gannon saying he only wants a squad of 16-18 and he's already signed 4/5 players I'll be surprised if as many stay but here's what our squad would look like going off my post

Hurst

NEW RB - O'Hanlon - NEW CB - NEW LB

Montrose - Rule

Morton - Marsden - NEW LM

Brodie

Subs, Ormson, Connolly, Garvin, Ellison, NEW PLAYER.

There isn't already a thread for this is there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!