Keep, Get Rid or Undecided

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
we'd have been far better last season and this but for his injuries im certain. I'm really sad to see him go but can't really justify pying him as a player any more and think it may be time to retire for him sadly
I would if it was pay as you play and basic wage like we supposedly offered Gibbo (he might even have been this to be fair)

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
CB – Adam Jackson
KEEP
– It feels like he’s been available more this season than the last two and he’s had a very good season for us. In some respects, he’s like Joe Walsh with slightly better availability. He was one we all thought was out of contract last summer and I think I was down to release him due to his injury record – glad we didn’t!
Just seen that Jackson has signed a new 2 year deal which is great news. Wasn't sure if he would sign, but a great defender to go alongside O'Connor. He was unlucky with concussion injuries last season, but a strong season this year!

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Just seen that Jackson has signed a new 2 year deal which is great news. Wasn't sure if he would sign, but a great defender to go alongside O'Connor. He was unlucky with concussion injuries last season, but a strong season this year!
I guess you have to hope that he wasn't still suffering with concussion when he signed the contract...and thinks he is off to Liverpool next season!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Jamie Proctor as good as admitted in an interview with a lad who does post match interviews with players on YouTube after our games that he won’t be here next season and didn’t sound like Worrall would be either or at least it’s up in the air. Proctor is probably done at this level but I think Worrall still can offer something. Also a few people spoke to Tom Pett after the game and he apparently told them he wasn’t getting a new contract. That is a shame if so as I think he’s done a reasonable job this season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Jamie Proctor as good as admitted in an interview with a lad who does post match interviews with players on YouTube after our games that he won’t be here next season and didn’t sound like Worrall would be either or at least it’s up in the air. Proctor is probably done at this level but I think Worrall still can offer something. Also a few people spoke to Tom Pett after the game and he apparently told them he wasn’t getting a new contract. That is a shame if so as I think he’s done a reasonable job this season.
Various rumours going around.

Some say Garrity is off to St Mirren and Jones has left, Donnelly is signing permanent and Worrall and Pett have been offered a year.

Have to wait and see I guess. I’d give Woz a year with an option on another, like a trigger for another year if he’s up to it.

Pett for me stays as does Garrity and DJ.

Wouldn’t bring Donnelly back personally unless to develop, he was never signed though I doubt with the view to playing every game but injuries forced that and to be fair as error prone as he has been he has never going hiding.

Could be like two years ago when everyone gets let go I guess!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Various rumours going around.

Some say Garrity is off to St Mirren and Jones has left, Donnelly is signing permanent and Worrall and Pett have been offered a year.

Have to wait and see I guess. I’d give Woz a year with an option on another, like a trigger for another year if he’s up to it.

Pett for me stays as does Garrity and DJ.

Wouldn’t bring Donnelly back personally unless to develop, he was never signed though I doubt with the view to playing every game but injuries forced that and to be fair as error prone as he has been he has never going hiding.

Could be like two years ago when everyone gets let go I guess!

Pett as good as confirmed he is leaving on Twitter. Sad to see this, he’s done a great job as captain and more than stepped up this season. Any L2 club with promotion aspirations next season should be beating his door down for a start.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Jamie Proctor has confirmed he won’t be at Vale next season.

More surprisingly Tom Pett has confirmed his departure, gutted he has actually been decent this season for us and stunned we’ve not offered him a deal.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Pett as good as confirmed he is leaving on Twitter. Sad to see this, he’s done a great job as captain and more than stepped up this season. Any L2 club with promotion aspirations next season should be beating his door down for a start.
Yeah commented same time, he’ll end up someone like Mansfield I reckon, great tidy footballer and really hope Flickers know what he is doing. We all felt this when we released everyone after 20/21 and it all came good, let’s hope for a repeat.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Morecambe have released all their out of contract players, not even tried to keep Stockton or Ripley, if im Flickers now i am
moving heaven and earth to get Ripley in to sort our keeper problems.

Stockton they could of had a decent six figure fee from us in August and now lose him for nothing, Lincoln rumoured not sure if we will go back there ourselves.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Morecambe have released all their out of contract players, not even tried to keep Stockton or Ripley, if im Flickers now i am

Stockton they could of had a decent six figure fee from us in August and now lose him for nothing, Lincoln rumoured not sure if we will go back there ourselves.
They obviously gambled on keeping Stockton and hoping he would help keep them in the division. With their financial situation, im not surprised with all players released. They'll be starting with a clean slate for sure.

Would love to see us go for Stockton, just can't see it.

jojo

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
Rumours is that Stockton is off to Blackpool, we've released everyone due to the current owners pulling funding completely after they were responsible for Worcester Warriors going under, they're a bunch of crooks who wanted to asset strip us, luckily the stadium is protected under the JB Christie clause

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Stockton is going to end up being this summers Dom Telford with how drawn out it will be. Reckon those rumours accounts will have mocked him to every club outside the Championship by the time he goes and signs for Wrexham.

Ripley got good numbers at least. Definite upgrade on what we have right now but then what keeper isn’t? Personally I want Nathan Bishop as someone we could sell on but we’ll see.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Stockton is going to end up being this summers Dom Telford with how drawn out it will be. Reckon those rumours accounts will have mocked him to every club outside the Championship by the time he goes and signs for Wrexham.

Ripley got good numbers at least. Definite upgrade on what we have right now but then what keeper isn’t? Personally I want Nathan Bishop as someone we could sell on but we’ll see.
Bishop never went anywhere this season which was a surprise.

Oddly seemed to be fairly poor against us despite the rave reviews.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Because Vale are doing the talks over two days we are getting news from players, Butterworth has been on loan saying his farewells, is out of contract at Blackburn.

Dennis Politic has also said his farewell, sad about that one as he’s out of contract at Cremonense but hasn’t had much game time and didn’t really have a position in our 3-5-2.

18 months over two seasons on loan with us and certainly will be remembered for his late equaliser in a bonkers game against Orient and his brace in the cup against Burton. Despite barely playing he’s actually second top scorer I think! All be it mostly in the Pizza cup. Has the ability but also seemed better as a super sub rather than a starter.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

They put themselves in a weird situation with Stockton, but you could understand their thinking with it either way they went.

Could have cashed in and a decent sum and used it around the squad but his goals were crucial to them. The problem they had that he seemed to down tools when he didn't get his move when he made it clear he wanted out.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Keep - Wildsmith, Forsyth, Hourihane, Cashin, Barkhuizen, Bird, Collins, McGoldrick, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Smith, Sibley, Knight, Rooney & Bielik.

Depending on restrictions I would openly look to sell everyone bar Cashin for a fair offer. I’d like to keep hold of Haydon Roberts.

Release - Chester, Davies & Stearman.

Ideally, we need one or two goalkeepers, three centre backs, two right backs, two left backs, a centre midfielder, three or four wingers and a couple of strikers. A very busy summer ahead.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
MK Dons offered £100k for Sam Smith in January and we rejected out.

Sam Smith who is out of contract this summer but scored 14 goals and 7 in his last 9 to ultimately send MK dons down. I assume that’s what Morecambe were hoping would happen with Stockton.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Because Vale are doing the talks over two days we are getting news from players, Butterworth has been on loan saying his farewells, is out of contract at Blackburn.

Dennis Politic has also said his farewell, sad about that one as he’s out of contract at Cremonense but hasn’t had much game time and didn’t really have a position in our 3-5-2.

18 months over two seasons on loan with us and certainly will be remembered for his late equaliser in a bonkers game against Orient and his brace in the cup against Burton. Despite barely playing he’s actually second top scorer I think! All be it mostly in the Pizza cup. Has the ability but also seemed better as a super sub rather than a starter.
Exactly how we felt about Politic at the time we lost him too. Sad… because he
definitely has the ability but could never do it consistently from the start. Good sub but we also play 3 atb and there just wasn’t a position for him.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
For once it looks like we will keep our management team (all settled in their adopted home for a number of years) and with most of our key players under contract, have a relatively settled summer. Within a few days of the 2016 champions season, we lost Chris Wilder and key player Ricky Holmes, which really knocked the joy and momentum out.

We do need to work hard to get a number of our players fit after injuries though
- Guthrie, McGowan, Fox, Magloire and Sowerby.

Under contract:
Goalkeepers:
Lee Burge

Full Backs:
Aaron McGowan, Harvey Lintott & Ryan Haynes

Centre Backs:
Tyler Magloire, Jon Guthrie, Sam Sherring, Akin Odimayo, Max Dyche & Josh Tomlinson

Midfielders:
Will Hondermarck, Ben Fox, Shaun McWilliams & Jack Sowerby

Wingers/Forwards:
Sam Hoskins, Mitch Pinnock, Louis Appéré & Danny Hylton

Loans:
Kieron Bowie and Marc Leonard have been stand outs for us, I doubt we will get them back even with going up. Destined for higher things, so feel lucky if you end up with one of them.

D'Margio Wright-Phillips, Tete Yengi & Josh Eppiah haven't pulled up trees. Although I will say Eppiah has all the talent to be a championship player if only he didn't get injured at every opportunity.

Out of Contract:
Ali Koiki, Tom King, Max Dyche (?), Paul Osew, David Norman, Jonny Maxted, Josh Harrop, + a few youth players that haven't made it.

Koiki is our 1st choice LB when fit, so might possibly sign a contract if offered. I wouldn't have said we had a chance last year after a good season. Tom King, I'd keep, but remains to be seen if he wants to be a back-up gk. Dyche will probably sign a new contract. The rest will be released I suspect (although Osew and Norman stood in towards the end of the season with our injuries and will be thanked for their work).

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Exactly how we felt about Politic at the time we lost him too. Sad… because he
definitely has the ability but could never do it consistently from the start. Good sub but we also play 3 atb and there just wasn’t a position for him.
Yeah he is a talented player, just a shame we couldn't find him a position, be interesting to see where he ends up.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
So we are releasing Pett but offerring Benning new terms. Seriously!!!!!

Would imagine the likes of Wilson it will be very incentive laden.

And I suspected it was the case but well fucking done whichever genius gave Massey two years.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
So we are releasing Pett but offerring Benning new terms. Seriously!!!!!

Would imagine the likes of Wilson it will be very incentive laden.

I am not against Benning as long as we get a decent LWB/LB to compete with him as any cover is likely to be poorer than him, but not as first choice.

Chuffed we have offered Worrall a new deal, pray he signs it.

Garrity and DJ are no brainers to get signed.

Would love Wilson to stay but not sure he will take it.

Confirmed departures aside from the Loanees are:

Jamie Proctor

Rory Holden

Tom Pett

Derek Agyakwa

Sammy Robinson

Lucas Covolan

Sammy has really irritated me as he has the attributes and looked a real find.

Does mean potentially limited new signings though, Proctor and Pett are the only real decent wages going as it stands.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I am not against Benning as long as we get a decent LWB/LB to compete with him as any cover is likely to be poorer than him, but not as first choice.

Jamie Proctor

Rory Holden

Tom Pett

Derek Agyakwa

Sammy Robinson

Lucas Covolan

Does mean potentially limited new signings though, Proctor and Pett are the only real decent wages going as it stands.

Nah not for me. How many more times of Benning have a complete brain fart costing us a goal or just kicking it straight out of play or to an opponent when trying to pass the ball do we need to see? He’s not L1 standard. There’s a reason everything we try to do is focused on our right side not the left and opponents target us on the left.

Only one I’d have gone out my way to sign is Garrity. There was a noticeable depreciation in our performances when he wasn’t out there so that tells me his value.

Willo I think will drop back to L2, reckon he’ll get an offer worth his while there.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Nah not for me. How many more times of Benning have a complete brain fart costing us a goal or just kicking it straight out of play or to an opponent when trying to pass the ball do we need to see? He’s not L1 standard. There’s a reason everything we try to do is focused on our right side not the left and opponents target us on the left.

Only one I’d have gone out my way to sign is Garrity. There was a noticeable depreciation in our performances when he wasn’t out there so that tells me his value.

Willo I think will drop back to L2, reckon he’ll get an offer worth his while there.
Got a feeling we will try and offload Massey any maybe one or two others.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Jamie Proctor

Rory Holden

Tom Pett

Derek Agyakwa

Sammy Robinson

Lucas Covolan

We're loosely being linked with Robinson due to the fact he was born in Cheltenham.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
We're loosely being linked with Robinson due to the fact he was born in Cheltenham.

That he possesses ability is not in question. Loves doing stepovers etc albeit rarely in an area that hurts the opposition. Got a lot of growing up to do to make it. His second half performance away at Lincoln was one of the most ill-disciplined and braindead efforts can remember. Cost us a point that day. With a good manager who can tap into it am sure they can get something out of him but I’m glad we’ve moved on.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
For once it looks like we will keep our management team (all settled in their adopted home for a number of years) and with most of our key players under contract, have a relatively settled summer. Within a few days of the 2016 champions season, we lost Chris Wilder and key player Ricky Holmes, which really knocked the joy and momentum out.

We do need to work hard to get a number of our players fit after injuries though

Under contract:
Goalkeepers:
Lee Burge

Full Backs:

Centre Backs:
Tyler Magloire, Jon Guthrie, Sam Sherring, Akin Odimayo, Max Dyche & Josh Tomlinson

Midfielders:

Wingers/Forwards:

Loans:
Kieron Bowie and Marc Leonard have been stand outs for us, I doubt we will get them back even with going up. Destined for higher things, so feel lucky if you end up with one of them.

D'Margio Wright-Phillips, Tete Yengi & Josh Eppiah haven't pulled up trees. Although I will say Eppiah has all the talent to be a championship player if only he didn't get injured at every opportunity.

Out of Contract:
Ali Koiki, Tom King, Max Dyche (?), Paul Osew, David Norman, Jonny Maxted, Josh Harrop, + a few youth players that haven't made it.

Koiki is our 1st choice LB when fit, so might possibly sign a contract if offered. I wouldn't have said we had a chance last year after a good season. Tom King, I'd keep, but remains to be seen if he wants to be a back-up gk. Dyche will probably sign a new contract. The rest will be released I suspect (although Osew and Norman stood in towards the end of the season with our injuries and will be thanked for their work).
Has Maxted been playing for you? We may need a back up keeper as Blackman will probably go

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Happy with the retained list issued today from Fleetwood, 3 players released and of the 3 not surprised but disappointed that Dan Batty is going. His face did not fit, simple as that but a terrific mid fielder and some lucky club will snap him up - wish him well

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

Under contract:
Goalkeepers:
Lee Burge

Full Backs:

Centre Backs:

Midfielders:

Wingers/Forwards:

Loans:

Out of Contract:

Is that ex-Luton Danny Hylton?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy Butler

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!