You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

League 2 General Chat Thread

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Can not believe Salford are winning this, we’ve had 4 golden chances but cannot finish our dinner.

Absolutely dreadful pen to give away from our perspective

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
I promise you’ll never see a worse penalty decision than the one that’s just gone against us

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
So what happens to all the money Exeter make from transfer fees the last few years? £10 million is it?

Don't look like they're getting out of this league again, they must be happy to stay down here.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So what happens to all the money Exeter make from transfer fees the last few years? £10 million is it?

Don't look like they're getting out of this league again, they must be happy to stay down here.
Been happy to play in this league for about 100 years

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United

Aren't they redeveloping the stadium?

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter

We probably won't spend anything this year because of covid uncertainty and the fan attendance situation.

I believe the plan is to play the kids this season and see which of them is capable of making the step up, then next season (assuming covid fucks off,) sign a few quality players to fill in the gaps.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Aren't they redeveloping the stadium?
We did that already. OG was a wooden fire hazard so that got replaced and we also put in a 1000 capacity away terrace... with a roof!!!! You guys are so lucky...!

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
We probably won't spend anything this year because of covid uncertainty and the fan attendance situation.

I believe the plan is to play the kids this season and see which of them is capable of making the step up, then next season (assuming covid fucks off,) sign a few quality players to fill in the gaps.

That sounds fine, just don't hog any play off places again if you have no intention of going up. ;)

WH_Stag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Shame we went to sleep and let a 2-0 lead slip... we still look miles better than last year and it will take some time to get going. Point away from home and unbeaten not too bad.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
I'm watching Leicester vs Burnley - Was it mentioned on here that left back Anthony Glennon-Driscoll went back to Burnley as he's on their bench o_O

tommytit

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Not good news for us with the big cup tie on Tuesday night. A 'number' of our players have tested positive for Coronavirus

This will affect Oldham and Mansfield as well you'd imagine.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Not good news for us with the big cup tie on Tuesday night. A 'number' of our players have tested positive for Coronavirus

This will affect Oldham and Mansfield as well you'd imagine.

so we couldn’t even beat a side with corona.

excellent:lol:

In all seriousness hope alls good at orient and the situation is what it is, it’s either situations like this crop up or we don’t play at all.

I’d expect our game against Exeter to be off Saturday.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United

New statement from our chairman which discusses the iFollow streaming revenues etc.

Reactions: Boz

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

New statement from our chairman which discusses the iFollow streaming revenues etc.

Good to see a chairman with an honest and open blog with the fans. Carol and Kevin spoke highly of him as we played you on the opener and he offered any advise and assistance required to them as they found their feet.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
The Colchester guy is brilliant, all credit to him, I wish we got such good communication.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
He is whining that Bolton got more money out of the game than they did. They took 500 i follow fees out of Bolton.
Saying that if fans were allowed they would have received more money. Sorry but the stadium is empty and each club should keep there own i follow fees

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
He is whining that Bolton got more money out of the game than they did. They took 500 i follow fees out of Bolton.
Saying that if fans were allowed they would have received more money. Sorry but the stadium is empty and each club should keep there own i follow fees

A few years down here and you’ll understand the shit chance we are all constantly given.

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale

at one end of the spectrum you've got Vale and Bradford's owners voting to end last season early to their own detriment.

at the other you've got masi51 saying that.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
at one end of the spectrum you've got Vale and Bradford's owners voting to end last season early to their own detriment.

at the other you've got masi51 saying that.
We also did confining us to relegation......We have over 8000 season ticket holders who get a free i follow pass for every home game......Do you want the away team to take a cut from 8000 passes......

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Well thats a kick in the bollocks for us today, we're likely to forfeit tomorrows game with Spurs with half of our squad testing positive for Covid.

Spurs paid the £5k needed to test our squad after Saturdays game. The whole club is now in lockdown, stadium and training ground all closed with staff staying at home.

I didn't know that League One and Two players weren't rountinely tested, what a shambles. But at £5k per round of testing, to do that twice a week down here is £40k per month, with no income coming in thats alot for our clubs down here.

Mansfield apparently have complained to the EFL, which is fair enough. Looks like our players and coaches were all desperate to get things going so we could play Spurs - Which we now can't anyway.

Latest rumour I heard was that everyone will be tested again today and a decision will be made tomorrow, but I doubt our game tomorrow and Saturday with Walsall will go ahead now.

Sigh, just when things were starting to look up. We was looking at getting fans back for our home game with Cheltenham on 3rd October as well.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well thats a kick in the bollocks for us today, we're likely to forfeit tomorrows game with Spurs with half of our squad testing positive for Covid.

Spurs paid the £5k needed to test our squad after Saturdays game. The whole club is now in lockdown, stadium and training ground all closed with staff staying at home.

I didn't know that League One and Two players weren't rountinely tested, what a shambles. But at £5k per round of testing, to do that twice a week down here is £40k per month, with no income coming in thats alot for our clubs down here.

Mansfield apparently have complained to the EFL, which is fair enough. Looks like our players and coaches were all desperate to get things going so we could play Spurs - Which we now can't anyway.

Latest rumour I heard was that everyone will be tested again today and a decision will be made tomorrow, but I doubt our game tomorrow and Saturday with Walsall will go ahead now.

Sigh, just when things were starting to look up. We was looking at getting fans back for our home game with Cheltenham on 3rd October as well.
Unfortunatly this is only the beginning...Man City playing tonight despite Gundergen testing positive

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Forfeit? Same rules as FA Cup then I take it. Seems a bit rough.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
My eyebrow was raised when Lowe was asked in a press conference when they were last tested and said, if I remember correctly, not since pre-season. If this was the position of all clubs, for the financial reasons you state, this outbreak was inevitable.
I feel gutted for you on the eve of a match you would have been looking forward to, I know we would have.
I assume we are being tested now and can see a few games off this weekend. Let’s hope it is not the thin edge of the wedge, but I fear it may be.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I assumed they were all being tested which surprised me as they didn’t finish last season due to the huge costs of the testing.

Scunthorpe tested a player positive before our cup game and it went ahead but how it works when a positive case is announced I don’t know in terms of further tests.

It all looks bleak for our clubs at this level as it stands i can’t see fans back in soon with the likely restrictions to come in shortly, not in enough numbers anyway to make it financially workable.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Think this is likely to happen elsewhere. There is a real danger of a curtailed season again.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Think this is likely to happen elsewhere. There is a real danger of a curtailed season again.
And if that does happen there are going to be a fair few clubs going bust if they do not receive help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elcil