Fancy a bet this weekend? Claim your £10 free bet from Betiton which can be used across all sports markets - Claim Now: Betiton.com

League 2 General Chat Thread

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Actually, don’t bother. Its16.5m visitors.

And the majority of those in the 42 list who state visitor numbers are more than that.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Middlebrook....the uk biggest Retail and leisure Park

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Dont know if you know where our stadium is based....Middlebrook the most visited shopping outlet in the country.
Please feel free to google it.
Outside of London its among the most sought after land in the country. We own acres and acres of it.
No need to worry about Bolton we will be reet
There you go. Your own words.

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
I don’t know why I’m even getting involved, but:

(2018 - annual figures)

1.) Westfield Stratford - 49.5m
2.) Manchester Arndale - 42m
3.) St. David’s - 38.5m
4.) Bullring Estate - 36.9m
5.) intu Eldon Square - 35m

Middlebrook tends to attract c12m visitors per year.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Just shows how clueless you really are. You was so sure that i was talking bollocks you could not even be bothered to research my quote.
Now i will tell you for the second time Middlebrook is the most popular shopping centre in the country.
We own maybe 5/6 parcels of land which retailers would love to buy off us.
The hotel has lost north of £1m of bookings since the pandemic. And will hit business focus for this financial year.
Please tell me how Barrow will survive with a £1.5m wage bill and no income whatsoever.
Have you land,wealthy owners etc

Are you fucking thick? Trafford Centre gets 31 million visitors a year, Middlebrook gets 12 million (according to 2018 figures).

I have no idea how Barrow will survive - but we're not going anything that any other club of our size isn't doing.

EDIT: Didn't see the other posts calling him out. Whatever the figures, anyone who thinks a handful of shops in Horwich attracts more people than the Trafford Centre is living in an alternate reality.

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
Perhaps we need to hear masi51 definition of “largest”?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Are you fucking thick? Trafford Centre gets 31 million visitors a year, Middlebrook gets 12 million (according to 2018 figures).

I have no idea how Barrow will survive - but we're not going anything that any other club of our size isn't doing.

EDIT: Didn't see the other posts calling him out. Whatever the figures, anyone who thinks a handful of shops in Horwich attracts more people than the Trafford Centre is living in an alternate reality.
Trafford Centre is finished be rubble shortly....Going back to the football.
If the season is over shortly.....Will you ride this season out

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Think there will be a lot more clubs testing positive and games getting called off left right and centre in the next couple of months. That coupled with games staying behind closed doors means it's going to be tough to finish the season I reckon. Lots of clubs will be right in the shit, need a PL bailout.
If only there had been someone sensible dispensing expert advice throughout the summer on 1FF on this very subject while compiling a comprehensive financial dossier on each club in the division.

Regarding PL bailouts, absolutely not. If you have budgeted to bring Jay Spearing, Liam Feeney and James Vaughan in or if you brought 10 players in before the end of July then I'm sorry but you'll have to get yourself out of this mess. Not fair on the clubs who operated sensibly.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I don’t know why I’m even getting involved, but:

(2018 - annual figures)

1.) Westfield Stratford - 49.5m
2.) Manchester Arndale - 42m
3.) St. David’s - 38.5m
4.) Bullring Estate - 36.9m
5.) intu Eldon Square - 35m

Middlebrook tends to attract c12m visitors per year.
6) Tesco Express Cirencester- 33m

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
If only there had been someone sensible dispensing expert advice throughout the summer on 1FF on this very subject while compiling a comprehensive financial dossier on each club in the division.

Regarding PL bailouts, absolutely not. If you have budgeted to bring Jay Spearing, Liam Feeney and James Vaughan in or if you brought 10 players in before the end of July then I'm sorry but you'll have to get yourself out of this mess. Not fair on the clubs who operated sensibly.

There will still be clubs that operated sensibly (40% budget cut at Lincoln for instance) who will find the fact of having no fans coming through the turnstiles hard to get by. If this carries on indefinitely there has to be a change somewhere along the lines otherwise there are going to be lots of clubs not around this time next season.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
There will still be clubs that operated sensibly (40% budget cut at Lincoln for instance) who will find the fact of having no fans coming through the turnstiles hard to get by. If this carries on indefinitely there has to be a change somewhere along the lines otherwise there are going to be lots of clubs not around this time next season.
The salary cap may save one or two clubs. 1.5m and 2.5m respectfully may be found but a team like Reading/Derby will have a £20m wage bill and i cannot see how they will not be affected

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

We can genuinely afford all of those players and we will survive longer than the vast majority of clubs at this level. If you are looking for an irresponsible club, you have chosen the wrong one.

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
We can genuinely afford all of those players and we will survive longer than the vast majority of clubs at this level. If you are looking for an irresponsible club, you have chosen the wrong one.
I’m sorry, but you have absolutely no idea when an owner is going to say ‘enough is enough’ and pull the plug - even those with the best of intentions. And I’m not pointing the finger at your club specifically.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
well you wont go bust with the 10m pay off Devonlad said you got from the watkins deal
But I didn't say that, did I buddy? I also explained very clearly, even spelt it out for the simpletons on this forum [you] how any windfalls are spent.

If we get a £3m windfall, 1/3 goes towards the academy, 1/3 to ground/infrastructure improvements and the last 1/3 (1m) would be split over 3 years towards the playing budget (An extra £333,000 per year for 3 years)

Plus, given current times it'll probably be less than that.

We're not irresponsible like you, and we don't spend money we haven't got. Remember that, when your club goes bust in a few years.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
But I didn't say that, did I buddy? I also explained very clearly, even spelt it out for the simpletons on this forum [you] how any windfalls are spent.

If we get a £3m windfall, 1/3 goes towards the academy, 1/3 to ground/infrastructure improvements and the last 1/3 (1m) would be split over 3 years towards the playing budget (An extra £333,000 per year for 3 years)

Plus, given current times it'll probably be less than that.

We're not irresponsible like you, and we don't spend money we haven't got. Remember that, when your club goes bust in a few years.
You have been out of the league and you have been in Administration did a educated person like you not know that.
Three years after today NO team is looking but to survive this season.
I have had some good banter on here but today that stops. It is what it is and i hope most will ride this out.
As Indian Dan says you do not know when a owner will just say enough is enough.
If this pandemic had come 14 months ago we would not have survived. Unless the government acts i cannot see the season being completed.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
You have been out of the league and you have been in Administration did a educated person like you not know that.
Three years after today NO team is looking but to survive this season.
I have had some good banter on here but today that stops. It is what it is and i hope most will ride this out.
As Indian Dan says you do not know when a owner will just say enough is enough.
If this pandemic had come 14 months ago we would not have survived. Unless the government acts i cannot see the season being completed.
Good banter? You haven't posted anything that is of the sort. Trolling? Stupidity? Quite possibly. But good banter? Nothing. Not one of your 951 posts could be classed as 'good banter'.

Yes, we went into admin thanks to dodgy owners and now we're a fan owned club and do things the right way. Bolton? Not quite so.

We are not just looking to survive, we are quite comfortably able to survive - But you went all guns blazing signing players like Eoin Doyle (how many has he scored btw?) in a bid to get promoted that's already looking like a flop, and with no fans now being allowed back for even longer, I'd be surprised if we don't see further point deductions from yourselves and a relegation battle if the season isn't stopped.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Good banter? You haven't posted anything that is of the sort. Trolling? Stupidity? Quite possibly. But good banter? Nothing. Not one of your 951 posts could be classed as 'good banter'.

Yes, we went into admin thanks to dodgy owners and now we're a fan owned club and do things the right way. Bolton? No quite so.

We are not just looking to survive, we are quite comfortably able to survive - But you went all guns blazing signing players like Eoin Doyle (how many has he scored btw?) in a bid to get promoted that's already looking like a flop, and with no fans now being allowed back for even longer, I'd be surprised if we don't see further point deductions from yourselves and a relegation battle if the season isn't stopped.
It clearly is not getting through to you. Every club yes every club goes into administration because of dodgy owners.
We have paid decent contracts to Doyle and Sarcevic. We have sold 8000 season tickets our wage bill this year is covered by season tickets.
Points deduction......wake up the league this season will not be completed

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You can genuinely afford them? Where's your money coming from? Didn't realise Tranmere weren't hamstrung by capacity limitations like the rest of the entire Football League. Tranmere are red flagged as a high risk club on the Registry of Recklessness.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Yes, we went into admin thanks to dodgy owners and now we're a fan owned club and do things the right way. Bolton? No quite so.

pot calling kettle springs to mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kambinachi76

Latest posts