Let's pretend we care: Div 4 Fixtures on Friday & 21st Nov

PVFCdyl

Reaction score
Supports
Port vale
Ok so to put this into context.. last week against tranmere we had 6 minutes added time, that game had 3 goals by this point, a red card and the same amount of substitution stoppages. Today was a 0-0 with a much simpler red card as the player required no treatment. Not justifying the result or pinning blame on the fact we lost as regardless to the amount of time added on you stay focused until the final whistle. Simply just putting this out there because I don’t agree with fans trying to justify 6 minutes in a 0-0 game that they didn’t even watch

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Have to say Laker you are a better person than me. My initial response was if it affected us to say “tough, put out whatever team that you can.” But I have to say you have made a very thoughtful, reasoned, compassionate case for your opponents, and I salute you.
I’m pretty fucked off about it to be fair but you know life goes on. We’ve got a decent chance of beating them later in the season even if they escape their transfer embargo. But all in all their troubles are greater than cancelling a game with us so I have sympathy, even if they showed us none in 2005 when they stole Luke Gutteidge off us.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Grimsby were late out on the pitch today, must of known what was coming. Not the worst team we’ve played this season either.
Once again Dawes and Parkinson have exceeded our expectations.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ok so to put this into context.. last week against tranmere we had 6 minutes added time, that game had 3 goals by this point, a red card and the same amount of substitution stoppages. Today was a 0-0 with a much simpler red card as the player required no treatment. Not justifying the result or pinning blame on the fact we lost as regardless to the amount of time added on you stay focused until the final whistle. Simply just putting this out there because I don’t agree with fans trying to justify 6 minutes in a 0-0 game that they didn’t even watch
Just not getting much go for us at the moment, lost four on the spin and didn’t deserve to lose any of them but got to keep digging.

I am annoyed our two most experienced players have cost us 4 points with stupid tackles they didn’t need to make. We had weathered the storm and had started to look dangerous and more likely when Leggey does that.

4 or 6 minutes injury time we’ve got to stay switched on, it’s a corner, unlucky a bit as it seemed to bounce off someone to Ellison but didn’t need to give the corner away in the first place!

4 games, two dominated and failed to score past really poor sides who had no interest in trying to attack us, one in total control and Joyce makes a shocker then collapse and again today.

Frustrating isn’t the word at the moment.

County1

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
I think it was your guy blaming the referee and asking where the six minutes came from. Whether the amount of time was right or wrong, I pointed out that there were seven second half substitutions (usually accepted as 30 seconds each), two bookings and a sending off. That’s before any slowing the game down. The referee also found four minutes in the first half so five or six minutes was hardly a surprise.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Yeah their U18s played the other day, beat Colchester U18s apparently.

I dunno, I think it’s underhand that they cancelled so late especially since it seems to be more down to injuries than Covid - ie it hasn’t suddenly come on. But I’m uncomfortable with them being forced to play a load of kids, I was uncomfortable with what Bolton had to do last year and it doesn’t suddenly make it right just because it happened last year.

We all know the financial problems teams are under, especially the likes of Southend. A bit of humanity would be good. Although it’s taking the piss a bit, I think the game should be postponed to a later date.

I have to disagree with you on this Laker. I'd rather smash them 5-0 when they have their strongest side on the pitch but then again have they been able to field their strongest side on at least one occasion this season? Apparently the answer is no. It's clear as day the real reason was not down to covid but rather to injuries and that is not acceptable. You're correct in saying 'it hasn't suddenly come on'. Managers do know that if some player is still not match fit by Thursday then he won't be making the match day squad a couple of days later.

As for the integrity of the league, we didn't ask to postpone that game at the Kenny when we had half the side out injured/or carrying knocks and Luton took full advantage of the situation by duly smashingus 7-0. I also recall this very same thing happening more than a few times during the connie years too.

And what about Weymouth holding us to a 2-2 draw with their full team while Burton put 5 past their u/16 team?

As I keep saying the lack of clear EFL guidance seems to produce a situation where clubs are doing different things, some play on, some call off, some claim they were told they’d be punished, others don’t feel that way, others the opponents say no we are not playing.

It’s the right decision, the competition to be fair deserves clubs to field as stronger side as possible and Cambridge fans are probably somewhat thinking we should play this so we can smash a load of kids 5 or 6-0 and get a free three points.

Makes a mockery if clubs are fielding youth teams down to a virus that isn’t their fault.

Lol. I'm sure the Southend side that you beat 2-0 on the 31st of October was their strongest possible starting XI right? And I bet the 3 points you got that day weren't 'free'.

PVFCdyl

Reaction score
Supports
Port vale
Just not getting much go for us at the moment, lost four on the spin and didn’t deserve to lose any of them but got to keep digging.

I am annoyed our two most experienced players have cost us 4 points with stupid tackles they didn’t need to make. We had weathered the storm and had started to look dangerous and more likely when Leggey does that.

4 or 6 minutes injury time we’ve got to stay switched on, it’s a corner, unlucky a bit as it seemed to bounce off someone to Ellison but didn’t need to give the corner away in the first place!

4 games, two dominated and failed to score past really poor sides who had no interest in trying to attack us, one in total control and Joyce makes a shocker then collapse and again today.

Frustrating isn’t the word at the moment.
Yeah I completely agree, it should be Legge and Joyce that you’d be looking too in these situations to show experience and they’ve both made huge mistakes.

I’m becoming numb too it now. I just feel like it was inevitable that we would concede late on with the current run of games. I don’t want to be too negative at this stage but I’ve not liked what I’ve seen lately.

I’m actually less bothered about losing today. Newport are top of the league, 1-0 isn’t ideal, a point would have been brilliant with 11 men, never mind 10 men! The Tranmere game hurt but you get a few of them a season, hopefully we’re on the right side of one soon! The one that I really get pissed off with is the scunthorpe, morecambe and kings lynne games! Dominating possession and not breaking sides down is happening far too often and that’s what’s going to cost us this season.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Grimsby were late out on the pitch today, must of known what was coming. Not the worst team we’ve played this season either.
Once again Dawes and Parkinson have exceeded our expectations.
I wish I'd not bothered watching, bloody awful again, that's four games in a row we've looked disjointed, weak and unfit. Not too sure what they do in training to be honest and we changed formation 4 times during the game, none of which made one iota of difference.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Comfortable 3-0 win over a decent Walsall team in the end. First half they probably shaded it, and they'll feel hard done by re: the penalty decision going against them. It was a dive, but you've seen those go the other way every week.

2nd half, we played with a bit more intensity and blew them away. Again, they'll feel hard done by about the second booking for a dive in the box but, again, it was definitely a dive and the ref got it spot on.

All in all, happy to be in second at the moment.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I have to disagree with you on this Laker. I'd rather smash them 5-0 when they have their strongest side on the pitch but then again have they been able to field their strongest side on at least one occasion this season? Apparently the answer is no. It's clear as day the real reason was not down to covid but rather to injuries and that is not acceptable. You're correct in saying 'it hasn't suddenly come on'. Managers do know that if some player is still not match fit by Thursday then he won't be making the match day squad a couple of days later.

As for the integrity of the league, we didn't ask to postpone that game at the Kenny when we had half the side out injured/or carrying knocks and Luton took full advantage of the situation by duly smashingus 7-0. I also recall this very same thing happening more than a few times during the connie years too.

And what about Weymouth holding us to a 2-2 draw with their full team while Burton put 5 past their u/16 team?

Lol. I'm sure the Southend side that you beat 2-0 on the 31st of October was their strongest possible starting XI right? And I bet the 3 points you got that day weren't 'free'.
It was their strongest available XI not decimated by injuries but will add we had 3 out due to covid.

Beating their strongest available XI is not the same as their kids (beyond the kids they already play)

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I wish I'd not bothered watching, bloody awful again, that's four games in a row we've looked disjointed, weak and unfit. Not too sure what they do in training to be honest and we changed formation 4 times during the game, none of which made one iota of difference.
I thought you improved in the second half and were unlucky the ball didn’t break for you a couple of times. The game was pretty much over as a contest by then though.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
The Yems interview is a bit dull.

Fully accepts we were second best. Says he's not happy and wants to smash a few people but says it with a smile on his face.

Hopefully he is tearing them a new one behind closed doors. ..they deserve it.

Casey

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Simply just putting this out there because I don’t agree with fans trying to justify 6 minutes in a 0-0 game that they didn’t even watch
Didn't say the six minutes was definitely justified, just saying you can't make the comment that six minutes injury time is the mark of a bad ref.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yems' response to the interviewers opening question of 'how did you see that one':

'what's it got to do with you?'

Think he's buying into his own legend a bit.

Reporter: lists three players out or suspended and says it gives Crawley a chance to use their depth.
Yems: well I'm glad you think that.

He's been compared a little to John Sheridan with his post-match interviews but Yems seems a bit more good humoured about how salty he is. Sheridan was just a miserable bastard, even complained after we won 6-0.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
I thought you improved in the second half and were unlucky the ball didn’t break for you a couple of times. The game was pretty much over as a contest by then though.
We only improved because your guys felt sorry for us and eased off a lot. I am giving ifollow a break, can't stand looking at my team at the moment.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We only improved because your guys felt sorry for us and eased off a lot. I am giving ifollow a break, can't stand looking at my team at the moment.

I also think you improved a lot in the second half but you’re right, we eased off a bit. You know you’re in trouble when the manager is making subs after 37 mins. Trust us we saw it enough with Jackson at the start of the season and you only have to see what happened in the following weeks.

Exciting for us however. Even our bench today was absolutely brilliant. If we can keep everyone fit then we’ve got one hell of a squad for this level.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think it was your guy blaming the referee and asking where the six minutes came from. Whether the amount of time was right or wrong, I pointed out that there were seven second half substitutions (usually accepted as 30 seconds each), two bookings and a sending off. That’s before any slowing the game down. The referee also found four minutes in the first half so five or six minutes was hardly a surprise.

The referees time keeping was very strange, first half he gave four minutes added time during which Conlon had an injury and was down for treatment for a good 90 seconds or more yet he still blew for half time after 4 minutes!

In fairness he didn’t get much wrong I thought, he was incredibly picky, even bollocked your physios first half, booked your lad for swearing at the fourth official, lot of lecturing etc but can’t blame him for game changing decisions like the clown last week!

He likes to shout a lot almost like a Rugby referee as you could hear him half the time!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
The ref was fine for a League 2 ref overall. Seemed to be consistent at least for both teams. I don’t personally think there was 6 minutes worth of stoppage time but we wouldn’t be mentioning it now if we had managed to clear away one final corner.

I know it doesn’t feel like it now but there’s enough to take from that game for Vale to build on.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The ref was fine for a League 2 ref overall. Seemed to be consistent at least for both teams. I don’t personally think there was 6 minutes worth of stoppage time but we wouldn’t be mentioning it now if we had managed to clear away one final corner.

I know it doesn’t feel like it now but there’s enough to take from that game for Vale to build on.

We played well. Defended much better with ten men for a start than last week, Newport looked excellent at times but we got to grips and matched them and was end to end at times. Two good sides and without the red we maybe get something.

Last week we really threw away three points, midweek it was a travesty of a result but to dominate like that and not punish a side as bad as that was unforgivable but can’t really fault the lads today. I enjoyed the game up until the red.

Huge couple of games this week and really need to be picking up two good results now though. Going to be bare bones for Stevenage although Joyce and Legge will be back for Orient, the former being crucial it seems as we’ve lost every game he’s missed in the last season and half yet are unbeaten at home with him!

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Dodgy first half, brilliant second half, but it's goals that count and Oldham scored a couple of corkers today. I know I say this in most of my posts, but we really do have to start putting our chances away. Oldham right winger was very useful, and as a team they looked extremely dangerous on the counter. Not sure why they are not higher up the table on their performance today

County1

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
The referees time keeping was very strange, first half he gave four minutes added time during which Conlon had an injury and was down for treatment for a good 90 seconds or more yet he still blew for half time after 4 minutes!

In fairness he didn’t get much wrong I thought, he was incredibly picky, even bollocked your physios first half, booked your lad for swearing at the fourth official, lot of lecturing etc but can’t blame him for game changing decisions like the clown last week!

He likes to shout a lot almost like a Rugby referee as you could hear him half the time!
Agree!

County1

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
We played well. Defended much better with ten men for a start than last week, Newport looked excellent at times but we got to grips and matched them and was end to end at times. Two good sides and without the red we maybe get something.

Last week we really threw away three points, midweek it was a travesty of a result but to dominate like that and not punish a side as bad as that was unforgivable but can’t really fault the lads today. I enjoyed the game up until the red.

Huge couple of games this week and really need to be picking up two good results now though. Going to be bare bones for Stevenage although Joyce and Legge will be back for Orient, the former being crucial it seems as we’ve lost every game he’s missed in the last season and half yet are unbeaten at home with him!
Thought you battled hard and was resigned to a point. Whether it was six minutes of injury time or not is open to question but with our track record of late winners I felt we may get one last chance. I would expect Vale to be thereabouts this season.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
It’s all going tits up for us Vale fans, we thought we’d have the title wrapped up by February, but it turns out our experienced pensioners in Joyce and Legge are hell bent on foiling our plans by convincing biased refs to send us off. It’s all the refs fault! They’re against the mighty, geographically unrecognisable Vale.

Askey out, he’s a lifelong Stoke City fan anyway. We need a prodigy manager like that Artell, someone like that would fire us up to league one, and any chance of signing any more ex Crewe players? Good pedigree there. Well, what’s the point, McKirdy just sits on the bench.

Want. Need. Expect.

Love you so much Carol, thank you waving at our buses ❤️

W.N.E.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’s all going tits up for us Vale fans, we thought we’d have the title wrapped up by February, but it turns out our experienced pensioners in Joyce and Legge are hell bent on foiling our plans by convincing biased refs to send us off. It’s all the refs fault! They’re against the mighty, geographically unrecognisable Vale.

Askey out, he’s a lifelong Stoke City fan anyway. We need a prodigy manager like that Artell, someone like that would fire us up to league one, and any chance of signing any more ex Crewe players? Good pedigree there. Well, what’s the point, McKirdy just sits on the bench.

Want. Need. Expect.

Love you so much Carol, thank you waving at our buses ❤️

W.N.E.

Not a single Vale fan said we’d win the title by February.

Not like you to roll up after being destroyed.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
The EFL knew about us having to potentially call the game off Thursday and were also engaged with the club with their own doctors. We did everything according to the rules that’s come from inside the club

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Thought you battled hard and was resigned to a point. Whether it was six minutes of injury time or not is open to question but with our track record of late winners I felt we may get one last chance. I would expect Vale to be thereabouts this season.

Aye without going back through the game and counting the minutes for each stoppage which am definitely not inclined to do its hard to tell. Didn’t feel like there was that much to me but it’s a moot point really.

I do think during the week Askey needs a word with a couple of our more senior professionals thinking Legge and Joyce as they’ve let the side down in the last couple of weeks and need to get their fingers out. Legge in particular with the ball at his feet needs to stop thinking he is some modern day Beckenbauer as it’s getting him into trouble.

Credit to Newport though. Was a great game especially first half. Shephard and Sheehan are two excellent players and really stood out. Based on that I think you’re certainly good enough last the course.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Aye without going back through the game and counting the minutes for each stoppage which am definitely not inclined to do its hard to tell. Didn’t feel like there was that much to me but it’s a moot point really.

I do think during the week Askey needs a word with a couple of our more senior professionals thinking Legge and Joyce as they’ve let the side down in the last couple of weeks and need to get their fingers out. Legge in particular with the ball at his feet needs to stop thinking he is some modern day Beckenbauer as it’s getting him into trouble.

Credit to Newport though. Was a great game especially first half. Shephard and Sheehan are two excellent players and really stood out. Based on that I think you’re certainly good enough last the course.

Sheehan was outstanding, best player we’ve faced this season IMO. I was impressed with Newport hence felt we played very well to match them until the red. Very different to the physical long ball Newport sides of recent years, played some good football.

Think they’ve won 4 or 5 in the dying moments of games so they certainly keep going. Similar style to us but have the key to break teams down eventually which we are still lacking.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Thought I'd see if xG gives a fair reflection on how the games went
1606041367388.png

Pretty even, Mansfield had a go, then Colchester, then Mansfield and then Colchester again, 1-1 a pretty fair result

1606041441933.png

Nothing much in it until FGR opened the scoring. After that it was all Barrow creating chances and taking the lead, until FGR nicked a somewhat fortunate point at the death.

1606041562313.png

A game of few chances, shaded by Cheltenham who were clinical in the second half while Walsall didn't come to life until it was too late. Looks like the opener must have been an OG.

1606041662072.png

No chances for either side until after the 20th minute. From that point though Carlisle steadily created opportunities and were good value for the three-goal lead, while Crawley never got going.

1606041764097.png

Exeter will be disappointed not to get an equaliser, or create much in the first half after taking an early lead. Oldham might have been a little fortunate to lead at the break and should really have scored more in the second half. Overall though a fair result.

1606042016151.png

Orient look good value for their win against a poor Harrogate side. Three nil may have flattered them a little bit but they never looked like conceding after scoring two goals in a quiet first half, and were well worth the goal they got in the second.

1606042127079.png

Amazing it took as long as it did for Newport to nick all three points but besides the winning goal and a couple of chances in the opening quarter hour, neither side created any great chances. Newport however were consistent and ended each half with a big flurry of shots, finally getting their reward while Port Vale did very little after half an hour gone.

1606042285946.png

Not a huge amount in it, but Salford were creating reasonable chances and finishing them clinically while Bradford had little reponse to going three down, their only decent chance coming at 2-0.

1606042415892.png

Neither side were creating a lot of chances but still Scunthorpe had spurned two or three decent ones before getting their reward near to the end. Morecambe didn't quite create the same level of chances but it was a decent one in injury time to get a share of the spoils.

more to come in the next post

Attachments

• 1606041557538.png
    1606041557538.png
    63 KB · Views: 31

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
1606042554921.png

Looks like a fairly routine win. Bolton took their chances well in the first half and could have won by more if they'd been anywhere near as clinical the second. Stevenage didn't really do much and despite pulling one back before half time, never looked like equalising.

1606042673766.png

Tranmere really did put their feet up after going 4-0 before the 40 minute mark. Their strikers had a good half, finishing almost everything that was put on their plate. Grimsby never really in the game and Tranmere went and made it 5 with their only shot of the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!