Macclefield or Stevenage, which one goes?

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Not being funny but if Alkhadi can afford expensive legal aid why couldn't the club afford to pay the players/staffs wages in the first place? I got the impression all the central funding/sponsorship etc was going into his other struggling businesses due to him being skint?

If he isn't skint then why was the clubs income not used to pay salaries?

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
Not being funny but if Alkhadi can afford expensive legal aid why couldn't the club afford to pay the players/staffs wages in the first place? I got the impression all the central funding/sponsorship etc was going into his other struggling businesses due to him being skint?

If he isn't skint then why was the clubs income not used to pay salaries?
Exactly what we're wondering too. He was found to be sweeping funds between accounts to play all his losses off against each other, and then would move it back to the football club to pay wages late. It's never been a case of not having money, its just the choices he's making not to pay football club salaries on time. He must be verging on criminal.

I think the key line in that post on the OS is "until it has received advice" - basically he'll tell us to give it up and move on.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Good luck Macc, even if your actions lead directly to the league not getting underway on the scheduled date of 12 September :mad:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I hope they cause carnage, EFL delayed indefinitely, the entire structure at the top of the EFL collapses and heads roll.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
£500 000 in footballing terms is a paltry sum to be wound up over. Less than a months wages for many a premier league player. Shameful really.

Always enjoyed my visits to Moss Rose and Macclesfield. Hope the club can bounce back in some form or other.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It’s really shit. Scandalous what’s happened.

Luke Imp

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
No mention of Campbell who was owed money but £170k(?) to Askey is mental. I'm surprised Askey didn't walk away from that, like Campbell did, unless the main part of that money was promotion bonuses.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
No mention of Campbell who was owed money but £170k(?) to Askey is mental. I'm surprised Askey didn't walk away from that, like Campbell did, unless the main part of that money was promotion bonuses.
Probably the difference in character between John Askey and Sol Campbell, if you ask me.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
maybe ones a millionaire and one is just wealthy
Doubt John is overly wealthy, certainly not to lose 170k! He played for Macc then managed them but hasn’t had a long term big job although did have a stand in the EFL named after him until a few weeks back.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Doubt John is overly wealthy, certainly not to lose 170k! He played for Macc then managed them but hasn’t had a long term big job although did have a stand in the EFL named after him until a few weeks back.
Never said he was overly wealthy. Not a good choice so i would not be overly critical of him.
We had players who got off the team bus last season and refused to play despite knowing they would eventually get there money.
Its the common man who get screwed for 10k and only get 25/35% of there money i feel sorry for.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Never said he was overly wealthy. Not a good choice so i would not be overly critical of him.
We had players who got off the team bus last season and refused to play despite knowing they would eventually get there money.
Its the common man who get screwed for 10k and only get 25/35% of there money i feel sorry for.
I know but what I mean to say is he has probably lost 3-4 years worth of wages at that kind of value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volok